• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

roninlast

Smash Cadet
i havent removed it, its still there :confused:

i just tested it and it work fine unless u double tap B

ill take advantage of this moment and post the link for the Jin fix i promised, this version fixes the problems with his broken fair and some others i cant remember

Jin 4.1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4nykzmug0zm

the next version will be up some time soon so expect that :)

and yes im aware that the final smash is weird, i havent been able to fix the gfx, its supposed to be a blizzard, that is what i decided would be a great final smash for jin
Its great ^^ I like how ya did it. I can't wait for the next version

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
None yet. We've hit a wall for a bit on textures, movesets, and extra projects for various reaosns and im not trying to be a slave driver, only a helpful input where i can be.

roninlast

Smash Cadet
Well can you tell me how to work the SA thing? Maybe I can try helping since even reading the guide confuses me

Zephron

Smash Ace
Well can you tell me how to work the SA thing? Maybe I can try helping since even reading the guide confuses me
If I knew how to do it and had time I would've made Noel and her PSA already. And my YL for that matter..

But there are many guides here that teach you. Just look around, if you have time to learn. Surely you'll find a guide that makes sense.
Though keep in mind, all of this entirely is complicated stuff.

And if you're really confused with the guides, I suppose whatever questions you have you can ask in the Q&A thread.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Still waiting for Eldiran to get back to me to figure out what's going on with the file I sent him. At this rate, I could've just redownloaded the thing and started over from scratch.

*grumbles* I gotta feeling this is gonna take a while.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
About the Jin

Is it impossible to keep the sword sheathed during running and walking animations? It just looks weird with his standing animation it's always sheathed, yet any movement it magically appears in hand. I don't mind it for attacking and jumping though. Or is that intentional?

And for Ragna, will their be any further updates?

TreK

Is "that guy"
I'm giving up on Rachel's slipheed stuff .__.
I don't get what's still freezing, and I'm too upset to continue lol
Giving out my work so far -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BM8CYKZ3

One last thing, would someone more skilled at PSA than me investigate on Link/Tlink's dair and see why they bounce when they hit ? It would match BB's physics well. I tried copypasting the random "other" codes, copy-pasting the hitboxes to have the same flags (which could be the reason), but it didn't work. I don't see anything else strange, but I'm not good at PSA so yeah... GL

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
About the Jin

Is it impossible to keep the sword sheathed during running and walking animations? It just looks weird with his standing animation it's always sheathed, yet any movement it magically appears in hand. I don't mind it for attacking and jumping though. Or is that intentional?
Thanks for reminding me! I knew I had forgotten to fix something lol ill get to it, yeah its possible i just forgot

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Thanks for reminding me! I knew I had forgotten to fix something lol ill get to it, yeah its possible i just forgot
In that case their is one more animation I forgot; his rolling animation. At the end of it, he always pulls out the sword (then it sheathes again upon going into standing). Might one alter that too.

Actually, also check his side-step animation.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Rachel 2.1
Overall it's much better than version 2.0.

Up B: Not a killing move but I noticed if you connect all hits it does like 20%, which is nice. I like how slowly you float down, but I think you should give it some more upwards momentum.

Side B: On the ground, it seems very helpful and good to combo with. In the air, it doesn't kill you or anything but it seems to be not a very good option.

I noticed you could 'sweetspot' the stage by doing Side B and landing on the stage and getting a decent push, but this was very hard.

You should make Side B more useful in the air or make the side B sweetspot on the stage easier to do and have less landing lag.

Down B: Huge lag, but it kills fast and does like 23%. I don't know what to say about this one. It needs some discussion.

Neutral B: Finally fixed, and in the air it's a counter. Mmk. Not much to say. Turnips.

Fair: Fixed and looks good. Does a lot more hitstun and has more endlag. Not very good combo move, or a finisher. Seems to just have good range and give good damage.

Nair: Still completely useless.

Dair: Works great, and I noticed you can do a dair, and grab the ledge immediately after finishing. Idk... I say we keep that. It's sweet.

Bair: Good n' stuff.

Uair: Good n' stuff. (Can it still do infinites? I didn't check.)

Ftilt: Great. Yup. Great.

Dtilt: It spikes and has tons of hitstun :O Seems cool.

Utilt. Good...

Jab doesn't make turnips anymore :D

•I want you to make her run have more wind effects again. I liked that. You pretty much removed it.

Still stuff to work on but overall a very good update.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Side B on the floor is broooooken, I love it.
The item tricks you can now do are awesome, too.

side B in the air regives the float, is it intentional ? And it seems you didn't get the "works only once / jump" thing to work =/

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I didn't implement one side b per air D:

but I might. and then reduce the end lag of aerial side b like completely. haha.

the first time i tried to make it work once per time in the air etc. it froze the game when i tried to side b in the air the second time. qq

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
This is an awesome project, I've downloaded all the chars already made. What is the progress on the other characters, when will we first be able to test another char?

And I just wanted to say good job to the people who are making this, it is working great.

Minor suggestions from what I have played so far-
Can you make Jin's icecar not put him into fall state in the air? I find it kind of useless just because of that...
On the attacks that freeze, can you lower the knockback? in BB, the freezing is used to combo, but here it just sends them flying.

Ragna feels alot like ike with just a few new moves, maybe a change in weight+mixing up animations would help with that, idk.

and I just found rachel 2.1, so I'm gonna test that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Can you make Jin's icecar not put him into fall state in the air? I find it kind of useless just because of that...
He would have an infinite horizontal recovery, the move is far from useless otherwise, it would be broken if he didnt fall if used in the air.

On the attacks that freeze, can you lower the knockback? in BB, the freezing is used to combo, but here it just sends them flying.
Jin's comboability in this game is rather high, if he didn't have higher knockback on moves he wouldnt have killshots. Keep in mind that the system to combo in vbrawl and B+ come from the actual engine, making a character break that mold would screw with that.

Ragna feels alot like ike with just a few new moves, maybe a change in weight+mixing up animations would help with that, idk.
Ragna's only similar animations are

nair
fair
and bair

with fair and nair not having the same properties as ike's. "Mixed up animations" include

Second jab
third jab
up tilt
ftilt
down tilt
down smash
up smash
up throw
down throw
back throw
forward throw
counter
forward B

with remixes/canceling options added to forward b and up B, the upcoming updates giving options to counter and neutral B also.

In terms of the released characters, ragna has the most changes to animations out of all of them, you cant be serious.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
After much awaited time I have finally finished a new update for jin

Jin 4.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1zhhztedw5z

Changelist:

-Neutral jab remix is now easier to pull off just by leaving B pressed
-Neutral Jab remix looks alot better now
-Side tilt remix changed to S3S and is now executed by pressing A-> X/Y(jump), its alot easier to execute this way
-Back dodge animation changed, if A is pressed he throws a surprise dash attack
-Wait GFX removed
-Uptilt can now be remixed into S4HI by pressing A-> X/Y (jump) *someone has been long awaiting this one lol
-Down tilt can now be remixed into S4low by pressing A->X/Y (jump), i was finally able to fix it =D
-Many cosmetic changes

metaXzero

Smash Champion
@Rykoshet

Couldn't you just make Jin's Side-B like Brawl+ Lucario's Up-B (only able to be use it once in mid-air until landing or he gets hit in mid-air).

Note: I'm not saying anything is wrong with it currently.

@Marth175: MAN! I wish I could download right now.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
This is an awesome project, I've downloaded all the chars already made. What is the progress on the other characters, when will we first be able to test another char?
At the moment, Project Litchi is somewhat at a Standstill. All moves are drafted for the character, it's just a matter of being able to solve one issue. Once that resolves, then the rest is just a matter of how long it takes me to code and Ryko and I to test/balance it.

Project Bang is still looking for an author.

Project Jin is in the rebalancing stages.

Project Ragna is currently on standby until Kirk can find the time but should be coming soon.

Project Rachel just had version 2.1 released and as you can see...is still being rebalanced.

Project Tager has a drafted moveset but won't begin until Ragna is finished.

Others have no current authors. Sums it up.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
What is stopping the Litchi project?

And Ryko, what I mean is for ragna;
his fair is the same
his nair is the same
his dair is the same
his bair is the same
his utilt is his usmash
his fsmash is the same
his dash attack is the same
his >B is the same
his B is the same
his ^B is the same
his vB is the same
and he has the same weight and movement. That is why I think he is less unique feeling then either Rachel or Jin. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats what it feels like when I play him.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
his fair is the same
his nair is the same
his dair is the same
his bair is the same
his utilt is his usmash
his fsmash is the same
his >B is the same
his B is the same
his ^B is the same
his vB is the same
Aside from random ice effects, all of those are the same for jin also sans neutral b (which is being changed for the next ragna)/side B/fsmash and + down tilt (the move is the same, the sword was just removed)/up air/up smash/down smash, I'm not really seeing the issue. His side B works differently, as does his down B and up B, none of jin's vary from marth's aside from the actual counter animation.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
So I tried out the rachel alucard, its pretty cool, I like setting up traps w/ the sticky bomb lol.

an Idea: Have a charge type thing for her, that works kinda like Eldrains wisp, and when its full, make an "if button press command", and when the requirement is met, have it create an insane amount of wind with a jump or some other move, or no move; in any direction depending on which button is pressed (d-pad ftw?) o.o

Just an Idea.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
What is stopping the Litchi project?
A random glitch in PSA where if I add any hitbox data to F-Tilt or D-Tilt or certain B moves, the game freezes. A couple of people are trying to figure out how to help me get around this.

Suggestions still left undone:
1) Save file to Desktop because apparently PSA has trouble saving to folders
2) Hand copy code and start over with a fresh file and recode from scratch.
3) Eldiran gets back to my PMs and comes up with a better solution.

his fair is the same
his nair is the same
his dair is the same
his bair is the same
his utilt is his usmash
his fsmash is the same
his >B is the same
his B is the same
his ^B is the same
his vB is the same
and he has the same weight and movement. That is why I think he is less unique feeling then either Rachel or Jin. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats what it feels like when I play him.
His movement speed is definitely faster than Ike's. It isn't very noticeable unless Kirk and Ryko changed it to make him Ike's normal speed again.

Forward B is not the same as it has different move properties on hit.
His Up B is not the same as it is slightly weaker, has snap to properties so it isn't so gimpable, and it has cancel points to be used as a mind game aerial. You can UAir out of the **** move.

His Down B is not the same. On the ground it's an invincible grab animation. In the air it is the same, yes.

B is meant to be different I believe. I can't stress this enough: The character is not finished.

Edit: Also not to be a **** to you Ragna fans out there but he technically is the most vanilla character in BlazBlue. Thus Ragna is very similar in feel to Ike. There isn't a whole lot they can do to change him until someone figures out the healing code...

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Aside from random ice effects, all of those are the same for jin also sans neutral b (which is being changed for the next ragna)/side B/fsmash and + down tilt (the move is the same, the sword was just removed)/up air/up smash/down smash, I'm not really seeing the issue. His side B works differently, as does his down B and up B, none of jin's vary from marth's aside from the actual counter animation.
Jin has incredible running speed, his >B is completely different, his vB is still a counter, but it has been changed and is used and feels different, his ^B is pretty similar aside from ice, his side tilt has added hitboxes, even his taunts have all been changed. Oh, and there is the fact that a large number of his attacks ice his opponents if tippered, further changing his play.

Ragna runs about the same, his >B is still a dash but now you can't charge it and its weaker, his vB is still a counter, his ^B is the same. I love his ^ and v smashes, and his jab feels nifty, but his tilts and specials aren't really good at this point, maybe in the future that will change.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Man Idk what you're talking about, I love pimp slapping my enemies w/ ragnas Stilt, and kicking people in the head right before they grab the ledge. funny stuff lol.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Jin's run speed is obscene and had to be nerfed and even then is still ridiculous considering he's still faster than sonic even after being nerfed. Ragna's run speed is higher enough than ike's that following up some things ike couldnt with actual frame traps is a viable option. His side B cant be charged but doesnt drop him into deadfall frames and has a 2 fold attack with varying speeds depending on if you connect out of a hop or on the ground to give you 3 options to use it as an approach and punish to a defensive reaction, all of which quick draw couldn't do. Secondly if the move connects, both hits do 2/3 more damage than an uncharged quickdraw does and 1% less than a fully charged quick draw does, in what way does that make it weaker? His down B counter is an invincible grab, meaning it cant be punished even if it misses and his up B has super armor on completely different, notably earlier frames and is a viable out of shield option both as an attack and as an escape, as well as being cancel-able and autosnapping on the way up, none of which apply to aether. His down tilt is better than jin's and was meant to contend with the original marth's, but it's still actually better than marth's as well due to having better iasa and while not a lot of people are fond of it I find his frame 10 ftilt immensely useful.

I dont know whether it's because you're unfamiliar with ike or ragna but the characters as a whole are significantly different, the only thing that can be considered the same is his aerial zoning game and even then ragna's is better than ike's due to his up air and fair canceling far earlier than ike's. The slated changes for 3.0 as well as the advent of on hit conditions will make him stand out even more.

Do not get me wrong, the jin project is amazingly well rounded and I dont mean to talk it down because marth175's contributions and timely updates are all spot-on but the ragna project is definitely on par in terms of different feel.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
On another note I'm gonna update the "OP" with 4.2 and 2.1 and throw my ideas on both. Thank you marth175 and delx for your timely updates.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Out of boredom so no one asks me anymore, I linked my progress in the siggy. You guys can just check it from time to time.

I'll try to update it as frequently as possible. Hopefully if I'm not too set back, I can get back to working again tomorrow.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Triple post but marth175 you need to add the condition to leave his sword sheathed on the initial dash animation, otherwise you covered everything including jumps so that's amazing.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Also marth175 kill the lag on that counter, it's way worthless. All it really takes is someone to luck out with a n oddly spaced move for jin to flat out die for using it.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I think the counter is really badass though, and if he made it kill earlier and have a larger hitbox, it would work and be epic.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
The move is fine, the lag on it makes it downright unusable. Also, the hitlag on a connected jab remix is pretty meh, if you can reduce that so the move flows on connection it would be pretty much perfect.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
I think the counter is really badass though, and if he made it kill earlier and have a larger hitbox, it would work and be epic.

The counters kill rate depends on the strength of the attack you counter, for example if you just counter a jab dont expect anything amazing compared to a countered smash attack, specially a strong one like ikes for example which could easily kill at 60ish

Also marth175 kill the lag on that counter, it's way worthless. All it really takes is someone to luck out with a n oddly spaced move for jin to flat out die for using it.

I reduced it by alot now it is perfectly timed so he is able to move again once he sheaths his sword, should i reduce it even more?

The move is fine, the lag on it makes it downright unusable. Also, the hitlag on a connected jab remix is pretty meh, if you can reduce that so the move flows on connection it would be pretty much perfect.
Ok so i should reduce the hitlag so it flows smoother and a little quicker?

If thats the case yeah i agree, ill fix it for the next update

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Counter is pretty super high risk unproportional to the reward despite being very strong. On last stock it's pretty much a no way option. And yeah to the hitlag thing, it should flow a lot better.

Top Bottom