• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project GENO - MarioDK Demo out

Exor15

Smash Rookie
Did you replace Toon Link's with it or did you just put it in there? You have to delete Toon Link's and rename Cosmic Geno's.

If that's not the problem I'm not sure.
So I make a folder named CosmicGeno and make the psa and pac FitCosmicGeno00 or something like that?

halp!

Dakaggo

Smash Cadet
So I make a folder named CosmicGeno and make the psa and pac FitCosmicGeno00 or something like that?

halp!
...hmmm now I've confused you more.

I'm just making sure you opened up Toon Link's folder, deleted his files, pasted Cosmic Geno's files into that folder and renamed Cosmic Geno's files to ToonLink. If you did that it should work.

Exor15

Smash Rookie
...hmmm now I've confused you more.

I'm just making sure you opened up Toon Link's folder, deleted his files, pasted Cosmic Geno's files into that folder and renamed Cosmic Geno's files to ToonLink. If you did that it should work.
ok i did that and still nothing

Cosmic Geno has 2 files correct? His pac and psa?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have that Geno's Maze stage that was posted here a long time ago?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ya that's the guide I used when learning how to put textures in brawl.
All my other textures work, even fighter geno, but not cosmic geno.
I've double checked everything.
In Toon Link's folder I have FitToonLink03.pac and FitToonLink03.pcs
I don't know why but geno is holding the sword and shield in battle
someone help!
It'll be like that unless you use the PSA and/or Fitmotion .pac

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Ya that's the guide I used when learning how to put textures in brawl.
All my other textures work, even fighter geno, but not cosmic geno.
I've double checked everything.
In Toon Link's folder I have FitToonLink03.pac and FitToonLink03.pcs
I don't know why but geno is holding the sword and shield in battle
someone help!
Fighter Geno has the sword and shield removed via texture hacking, Cosmic Geno has it removed just by his character pac. (FitToonlink.pac)

Nwo. Nknu

Smash Rookie
Hello,

As a first time poster and lurker, I just wanted to say that I thought I'd never see the day when anyone would ever try to create Geno for use in Brawl. Thank you for making this Mario RPG fan very, very happy. I hope everyone's okay(especially since the Wii update made it almost impossible for people who updated to hack).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Thanks! And Homebrew can still be obtained via Stack Smash, so it's not THAT big of a deal. Sure wish Nintendo would actually work on something productive, instead of a vain fight against Homebrew, though.
Out of curiosity, where does this project stand right now?
Mostly idle. Ideas are welcome, but be aware that a lot of things are to be ultimately revamped. Waiting for some magician to make it so we can import the model into the game.

Nwo. Nknu

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone working on model importing at the moment(sorry, new to the forums, still checking everything out)?

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Thanks! And Homebrew can still be obtained via Stack Smash, so it's not THAT big of a deal. Sure wish Nintendo would actually work on something productive, instead of a vain fight against Homebrew, though.

Mostly idle. Ideas are welcome, but be aware that a lot of things are to be ultimately revamped. Waiting for some magician to make it so we can import the model into the game.
Sorry to ask this and excuse me If im wrong but. Would it be possible to use the new model morphing thing everyone is doing and morph geno into toon link. Sorry if this is a stupid Idea just thought id try to help

Nwo. Nknu

Smash Rookie
Maybe because no one wants or has stepped up to the plate to do such(just putting it out there). Not saying anyone's lazy, maybe it's time-consuming and nobody has the time.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Maybe because no one wants or has stepped up to the plate to do such(just putting it out there). Not saying anyone's lazy, maybe it's time-consuming and nobody has the time.
No, we're lazy. I have enough free time, know where to find quality vertex hacking guides and SMRPG is my all time favorite game. I don't believe that 90% of the other people sincerely interested in this project are in a drastically different situation.

Everyone is just being lazy, but hey, this is all for fun, so I don't feel guilty ;)

Also, the longer we put it off, the easier it gets, as more powerful and more user friendly tools are constantly being developed.

What I am curious about, however, is what happened to using Lucario's Final Smash beam for Geno Beam? I remember you contacting the hacker who successfully used it in a Lucas PSA, but I don't know if you ever got the information that you need. Did something crop up to prevent this idea's implementation, or are you just being lazy on that, as well(I don't mean that to sound offensive :)).

While I'm addressing you guys, I've been wondering where the effect from Geno Blast came from. I've always meant to ask this, but never got around to it. I'm not sure that I like it as Geno Blast, honestly, but it does look REALLY unique and cool :p

Nwo. Nknu

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think it still needs work, and they mentioned earlier that they were waiting for the model importer.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Anyone knows if there's a way to make a cape for Geno, using the vertex hacking? The most problem of texture hack was that.

Xigger

Smash Lord
I'd love to vertex hack Geno. I know how to do it, but I don't OWN any of those programs myself... so no go for me :/

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Holy crap, Joeadok! How long have I been gone?! That looks amazing!!

Okay, we officially need to start putting some fire underneath the people working on model importers - this model CAN'T be allowed to go to waste. :D

Fen__

Smash Ace
^^^

not yet little dude.

but the limites will be unlocked asap when we can figur this out someday. it only gives it one bone.
It will never, ever be possible through importing an OBJ file (unless you just want like a sphere or something). The reason it only gives one bone is that the OBJ format only keeps mesh data. Nothing to do with rigging and whatnot. Just the plainly visual stuff, basically.

ds22

Smash Lord
Ok, I ported (fighter) Geno's moveset over Lucas and I got to say, it looks well.
It however has a few problems though (like Ground Down-B not hitting well, had to force Up-B to end in a Special Fall, some graphic issues and PK Fire still as his Side-B).

Nwo. Nknu

Smash Rookie
^ That was already posted earlier in this thread. And it still isn't finished, since it is missing the cape.

EDIT: Guess someone already answered it. Oops.

ds22

Smash Lord
Because in that way you can have both Link and ToonLink which you can replace with PSA, and still have Geno in Brawl.

Anyway, here is the beta of Geno ported over Lucas:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ya5slov15ofd2bx
(If you downloaded this before, please redownload (Neutral-B has been partially fixed)).

It's a beta because of this:

-Only some graphics are ported (FSmash, Neutral-B, Up-B, Down-B).

-FAir has no movement momentum (it glitched up with it).

-His Down-B on the ground didn't work, so I temporarily replaced it with a standard attack (10% damage and decent enough knockback to make it non spamable).

-The graphics of the Neutral-B won't work properly (will either go all out of not).

-Up-B goes into Special fall after it's finished (therefor I added a hitbox with 8% damage and decent knockback).

-Side-B is still PK-Fire (couldn't figure out how ToonLink's Side-B worked).

-Final Smash is still PK-Starstorm (no glitches whatsoever for both Side-B and Final Smash).

It's doesn't freeze in whatever way possible.

(Credit for Stickman for porting ToonLink's model over Lucas).

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
ds22,

I like your idea, but maybe you should port Geno over some Alloy character. Than we won't lose any original character to play with Geno.

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Ok. By the way, there's no way to make another charater in the Characters Screen for Geno? Or maybe a specific color for Young Link make it opens the pac file, instead of any other that opens the original Toon Link?

Top Bottom