• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I tried out Klonoa the last few days. Amazing job on his specials so far (since his A attacks have no PSA done).

But, uh, does his B shoot out Superscope shots? Because I have the Item Switcher code on for Superscope shots -> CD, and Klonoa shoots CDs with my code. LOL

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... The thing is that at the actual part where he swings his ear, it needs to move fast for a second, as if there's a lot of force behind it. Otherwise it doesn't look like he's really moving it all that fast. Maybe it looks different ingame, but Video 9 and the animation preview in BrawlBox are what led me to feel this way.
Well we'll definitely have to take that into consideration when we start tweaking the aerials again. Thanks for the input.

I really like how Klonoa is turning out. The only thing that really bothers me is that he doesn't have animations for getting hurt, to he T-poses whenever he gets hit.
It's already been fixed =3

I tried out Klonoa the last few days. Amazing job on his specials so far (since his A attacks have no PSA done).

But, uh, does his B shoot out Superscope shots? Because I have the Item Switcher code on for Superscope shots -> CD, and Klonoa shoots CDs with my code. LOL
He did but that's been changed as well =3 With the next Klonoa release he won't have that OP super scope shot anymore.

Keep the questions coming, it makes me feel important =3 <3

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
He did but that's been changed as well =3 With the next Klonoa release he won't have that OP super scope shot anymore.<3
It's not so much OP as annoying when you play with items, because you lose your item when you use that special.

Personally, I think the side-B would work better as a smash, and the down-b would work better as a side-b that works similarly to the Ice Climbers' one. I'm also having a hard time understanding what the up-b is supposed to be.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
If anyone wants to unlock all the music with the help of codes, just grab the Klonoa beta!
Agreed, it's much easier than the Superscope method.

But I don't understand why no one came up with a universal music unlock code thus far. D:

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
It's not so much OP as annoying when you play with items, because you lose your item when you use that special.

Personally, I think the side-B would work better as a smash, and the down-b would work better as a side-b that works similarly to the Ice Climbers' one. I'm also having a hard time understanding what the up-b is supposed to be.
Okay well we'll definitely take all of that into consideration but don't worry, the new neutral B has nothing to do with items anymore so it should mess with anything. And the Up-B was explained in the youtube video that Shock released, something about a lightning creature that Klonoa picks up in klonoa 2. But that has also been removed and replaced leaning more towards his usual abilities in the first Klonoa.

P.S. The Peaches turnips to CD's code is definitely better...

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, btw GREAT job on everything probably the most sucessful model transfer yet. I was stoked when the beta was released ive followed this since the day it was made, I truely think this will be the FIRST hacked character to be fully done , voices,css,csp,single player mode stuff etc. As a beta tester i really like klonoas feel. I do though think as a UpSpecial instead of the lighting thingy w/e it was, i wonder if you guys could animate Klonoa spawning a Monster from the series like sonics spring, and then using it to gain leverage. I also do not under stand where most of the moves came from involving the ring are what i dont understand, the ear stuff i get 100% and are great. Also is it possible to fix the Darkend texture glitch, and would it help if you lightend the textures? Overall i give Klonoa a 8.5/10 great job, i do understand its a beta once its fully completed easy A 10/10. Thanks good luck :) Referrence to the UpSpecial ----> Start at 4:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EuU-h8yNCQ

Edit; Oh yeah also for a Final Smash idea how bout a big blast like samus ->>>Start 8:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFhLO8ab14&feature=related

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty, btw GREAT job on everything probably the most sucessful model transfer yet. I was stoked when the beta was released ive followed this since the day it was made, I truely think this will be the FIRST hacked character to be fully done , voices,css,csp,single player mode stuff etc. As a beta tester i really like klonoas feel. I do though think as a UpSpecial instead of the lighting thingy w/e it was, i wonder if you guys could animate Klonoa spawning a Monster from the series like sonics spring, and then using it to gain leverage. I also do not under stand where most of the moves came from involving the ring are what i dont understand, the ear stuff i get 100% and are great. Also is it possible to fix the Darkend texture glitch, and would it help if you lightend the textures? Overall i give Klonoa a 8.5/10 great job, i do understand its a beta once its fully completed easy A 10/10. Thanks good luck :) Referrence to the UpSpecial ----> Start at 4:35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EuU-h8yNCQ

Edit; Oh yeah also for a Final Smash idea how bout a big blast like samus ->>>Start 8:30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWFhLO8ab14&feature=related
Though I hate to be almost every other post >.>... I like answering stuff like this ^^. Well the up special has already been changed to as close as we could to the double jump from the original Klonoa, basically he spawns a Mr. Saturn and jumps off of it. As far as the ring sword, I do believe it's from one of the Klonoa sequels, I don't think it's the second one but something after that though I'm unsure. As far as the final smash goes, we were working on using the special attack from Namco x Capcom where he hit the entire area with lightning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1bmjy3qEKs --> See 0:22) because it resembled Lucas' very closely but if we find a way to make the super wind bullet possible, we may use that, it's definitely an awesome idea. Thanks for your input and look forward to an update soon, we're just working on a few more things before we throw it out there.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Though I hate to be almost every other post >.>... I like answering stuff like this ^^. Well the up special has already been changed to as close as we could to the double jump from the original Klonoa, basically he spawns a Mr. Saturn and jumps off of it. As far as the ring sword, I do believe it's from one of the Klonoa sequels, I don't think it's the second one but something after that though I'm unsure. As far as the final smash goes, we were working on using the special attack from Namco x Capcom where he hit the entire area with lightning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1bmjy3qEKs --> See 0:22) because it resembled Lucas' very closely but if we find a way to make the super wind bullet possible, we may use that, it's definitely an awesome idea. Thanks for your input and look forward to an update soon, we're just working on a few more things before we throw it out there.
Ahh okay, i understand the big green spheres and stuff from that, thanks :). And great im sure looking forward to the next update :p. If you need any help finding bugs and what not or even a tester just pm me i have plenty of spare time on my hands.
Oh i also recommend the BSpecial (Normal) could be like a wind bullet that brings an enemey say a little bit out of reach towards klonoa then placing them in his hands above his head sort of like what DK does. Or it could be a green laszer just like R.O.B's neutral Special :) Just some thoughts!

EDIT: Rofl one more thing i was bored so i made some klonoa sprites, (STOCK Matches) im not sure how to convert them but maybe you guys know how to. I only made the colors i could think of off the top of my head :( http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/XAnderssbbssbbssbb/sprite.png
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/XAnderssbbssbbssbb/spriteGreen.png
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/XAnderssbbssbbssbb/spritered.png If needed i can throw them up on a mediafire account :)

Added Yellow Sprite here -> http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/XAnderssbbssbbssbb/spriteyellow.png
Finished the last one Dark Klonoa http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z326/XAnderssbbssbbssbb/spriteDark.png

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Like the sprites, thanks for your work XAnder

Though shock was supposed to do this, he's taking way too long =3. Does anyone know how to work the sword trail in PSA? So far we've gotten one to appear but it doesn't in the right place, it won't have a texture without ZeroLink in the same stage, and it doesn't go away. It looks more like a toilet paper trail.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Whats this? A proper Up-B?

they even walk around?!

Here we are at clue number three
I wonder who the king will be?
Its not a star but still it shines
hidden by all the colors and lines

F

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Wow thats awesome. Would you be interested in my imported one? Im actually not sure what would work better XD and yes I have all of the latest files (Im a very little known team member)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Wow thats awesome. Would you be interested in my imported one? Im actually not sure what would work better XD and yes I have all of the latest files (Im a very little known team member)
Oh god no... no... just no.... i spent like 5 hours trying to get that stupid thing to work :@

but thanks for the suggestion, added you to the OP =P

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
Okay I should be able to finish soon. Hey starwaffle can you PM me the Moo over Mr.Saturn you made?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay it's nice to see that stuffs getting done and it looks amazing none the less ^^ But I've been playing brawl and using Klonoa nonstop for the past like 3 days >=3 and I think it's time to update the known glitches.

1.Shield is giant though looks small and allows people to hit klonoa from halfway across the arena as soon as the shield is let down and he can also be grabbed from that distance as long as it's up.

2. Back throw puts any character in the screen.

3. The moo freezes the game when while running picked up.

4. Bowser side-special, ganon side-special, and probably ganons and captain falcons up-special instantly kill Klonoa. The up-specials aren't confirmed because nobody could hit me with them >=3

5. Down throw puts Game and Watch in screen.

6. Nobody follows the throwN bone (We've known this)

7. Usual body stretches.

8. Lighting glitch

Some new and some old but all glitches that currently need to be worked on =/. The most urgent one to me is definitely the shield. Makes it ridiculous to defend when every time I put up a shield someone forces me into shield stun or grabs me. But on another note; with enough skill the Mr. Saturn recovery is amazing.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Okay it's nice to see that stuffs getting done and it looks amazing none the less ^^ But I've been playing brawl and using Klonoa nonstop for the past like 3 days >=3 and I think it's time to update the known glitches.

1.Shield is giant though looks small and allows people to hit klonoa from halfway across the arena as soon as the shield is let down and he can also be grabbed from that distance as long as it's up.

2. Back throw puts any character in the screen.

3. The moo freezes the game when while running picked up.

4. Bowser side-special, ganon side-special, and probably ganons and captain falcons up-special instantly kill Klonoa. The up-specials aren't confirmed because nobody could hit me with them >=3

5. Down throw puts Game and Watch in screen.

6. Nobody follows the throwN bone (We've known this)

7. Usual body stretches.

8. Lighting glitch

Some new and some old but all glitches that currently need to be worked on =/. The most urgent one to me is definitely the shield. Makes it ridiculous to defend when every time I put up a shield someone forces me into shield stun or grabs me. But on another note; with enough skill the Mr. Saturn recovery is amazing.
Im still here if ya were wonderin frosty lol. Anyways maybe, (Notice the maybe), just maybe it could be with the moo animation thats causing the pickup mishap. Or the fact it might be too big or something. Or it could just be a bone error of some sort. But who knows you probably dont even want to listen to me cause im not 100% sure what im talking about haha anyways im just a newbie :p

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Im still here if ya were wonderin frosty lol. Anyways maybe, (Notice the maybe), just maybe it could be with the moo animation thats causing the pickup mishap. Or the fact it might be too big or something. Or it could just be a bone error of some sort. But who knows you probably dont even want to listen to me cause im not 100% sure what im talking about haha anyways im just a newbie :p
Maybe but I don't know much about that either ^^' And if you're still there you should really get on skype more so we can get stuff done XD. I've got lots of homework for college to do all the time, otherwise I'd be getting a lot more done myself. Every now and then I look through the animation file deleting key frames to reduce the file size.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
I think the Moos should stay as the way StarWaffle made them into Mr. Saturns, because it actually looks official for them to walk around and such. And also, I don't play with items, so it wouldn't bother me if they are over Mr. Saturn. :p

Delta-RS

Smash Cadet
this is awsome. I always loved klonoa now i can brawl with him! But is it possible to make a megaupload mirror? Mediafire doesnt work with me.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
this is awsome. I always loved klonoa now i can brawl with him! But is it possible to make a megaupload mirror? Mediafire doesnt work with me.
Sure, I'll get on that with our next release. I've even just fixed all of the other colors so they don't die when grabbed.

In other news:

I've just made a new stage for Klonoa! And it's actually decent! Or at least I think it is...
I got bored of minimizing keyframes in the klonoa motion file and so I took my weekend to make this.... And also took off a couple hundred kb from the motion file... I guess I'm just that awesome >=3 Hope you guys enjoy THE OFFICIAL KLONOA STAGE... as it stands for the moment.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16463&Moderated=All

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Heh thats great! Oh an will he still replace Lucas?
Yep, at least until someone finishes the clone engine if that every happens. In other news, whenever I try to change what bone hitboxes are attached to in Klonoa's PSA, it freezes the game. Does anyone have a clue as to why this is? I posted in a PSA guide thread but nobody's been on it in a long time I think =/

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
NOPE.avi we will release a new version after either we've fixed some bugs or added a few more important animations and gotten them working.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of him, has anybody else heard from him? It's been a while.

In other news, I've recently fixed a lot of Klonoa's attacks, added a semi-spike to his back air, made his cliff attack animation and his getting up attack animations and we've even managed to locate Klonoa's actual wind-bullet and we found that deleting the hilt from Zero's saber causes all sorts of nasty glitches like slowing down the game and throwing polygons all over the screen.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
But having polygons all over the screen can cause or be a warning for other bugs, such as slowdown or freezing. Making them invisible doesn't help.

Top Bottom