• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
No it was only slowing down/freezing when he had the polygon deleted.

i'm talking about making the handle texture invisible. it's a simple fix to a more complicated problem.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Update: Finished the passive animations. (I.E. Ukemi when you hit the ground from damaged.)

Edit: and I also finished Klonoa's new neutral air and it works brilliantly.

We plan on hopefully releasing the next Klonoa update after we've completed the cliff, stand, and item throw animations and gotten the new Wind-bullet model to work. Hopefully along with that we may have a few more glitches fixed as well depending on how everything goes for Snoopy.

Also: turning the zero saber invisible only made the model black so we're hoping that when StarWaffle gets back from whatever he's doing he can figure it out.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
The number of people who read this post, that's who XD

The ukemi is the equivilent of a tech. When you hit the guard button as soon as you hit the ground from being in a damage animation. It makes it so that instead of beating against the ground and being a sitting target, you instantly jump back up or roll back or forth.

Here's a nifty link showing what it is: UKEMI SUPER SMASH BROS

And now everyone knows =3

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I always knew as soon as the feature was revealed on the Dojo actually, but I keep forgetting about it when i'm playing :p

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I am alive! Ive just been verrry busy with work and stuff. but i have whooollle weeks off with nothing to do, so hopefully i'll get a bunch of extra stuff done for this too =P

Edit: i made a bunch of throws (items not attacks) I forget which ones but i did like 5 or 6 of em. they are however at home on my desktop so i wont be able to get them for 2 weeks, maybe we can release it when i get home =D

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY! T.T We missed you star! And we've got a wind-bullet that we can't figure out >.>...

UPDATE: Klonoa now has a sword trail

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm super duper awesome I know, I managed to get rid of all of Lucas' extra external graphic effects =D (Like the annoying orb that always appeared around his wind-bullet during neutral B) and after I've even recently got a sword trail up on Klonoa's wind sword >=3 I'm on a roll. Also, I've found some new graphic effects to give the bullet a burst and a blur trail though I haven't found the time to add them quite yet. I'm planning on doing that after I'm done my schoolwork.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Sonic, we definitely need someone to help us with PSA, if you have a skype or msn we can talk and I can possibly send you the latest stuff.

Eternal, we're really just trying to make everything look better than what it is and I've already seen a lot of the amazing things you've made. Right now our main concerns are getting that sword trail to work and making the wind-bullet look more like it did in the actual Klonoa game. We're generally just trying to make everything look better.

If either of you can teach me a bit about PSA as well along the way it'd be greatly appreciated ^^'

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The sword trails are super stubborn apparently.

You have to use the effect.pac of the chararters that have sword glow, or no sword glow. Renaming the ef.pac will not work. Trying to insert the External GFX of the character will not work as of now.

There are assist trophies that have Sword Glows, like Saki and Lyn.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
The sword trails are super stubborn apparently.

You have to use the effect.pac of the chararters that have sword glow, or no sword glow. Renaming the ef.pac will not work. Trying to insert the External GFX of the character will not work as of now.

There are assist trophies that have Sword Glows, like Saki and Lyn.
So are you willing to help us out? Seen a lot of awesome work from you and it'd be a really big help whether it be small graphics or PSA itself or... Anything really.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
And then the mostly useless Ronaldmcdonald emerges from the shadows and helps XD
Thanks to ????????? (actually his name. He's from Kitty Corp) for the PSA work to keep Mr.Saturn (Moo) still when held, thanks to Frostymm for getting two of the animations resized and telling me how to fix the third. And finally thanks to SDoOm ImPeRiaL for making Moo actually walk on the ground and of course me, for model resizing, model extracting (not too hard I figured out what file was Moo from the texture you guys left in some of the older Lucas.pac's) I also fixed the animations and renamed a bone and found people to help XD

And now Klonoa picking it up through a dash attack won't freeze :D

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Frostymm do you have the original wind bullet mdl0?? If you don't I'll get it for you.
-Omni

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Frostymm do you have the original wind bullet mdl0?? If you don't I'll get it for you.
-Omni
I have what I believe to be the original wind bullet Mdl0 which should be the dg030.mdl file in the Klonoa iso. The only problem is that it refuses to show up in-game. Though I could easily be wrong and that may not be the real thing. Feel free to check again it'd be greatly appreciated if you found one that was different.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ya does it freeze the game? You have to remake the animations in Brawlbox for instance try using it without an animation and it should show up.
-Omni

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't freeze the game or anything it just wasn't visible. I don't know if what you said made it work or not but when I tried it I also made the 0 frame like 5x in size on the model and it finally appeared... It's just ridiculously small still and it's white. So currently we still can't use it XD and I'm still not even sure if it really is Klonoa's wind-bullet

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Just make the size in the PSA bigger on the external graphic effect event. Did the site just get hacked?
-Omni

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I can do that but it still won't make it any less white and any more teal like it's supposed to be XD. It's prolly just them (The smash boards moderators n whatnot) doing something for april fools >.>... It's kind of annoying...

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
:BUMP: The OP has been updated.

Update: We've also recently found a way to make the up-special work properly. There will no longer be the need to use Mr. Saturns

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Great! Its good to see so much improvement since the last download. When can we expect the next version? This is probably the furthest along model-import character, so I can't wait until its finished. Keep it up!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
You may not have to hex Lucas's ThrowN bone in. With the bone editor by TSG, you could mod the bone's FrameMatrix and InverseBindMatrix to be like a proper ThrowN.

Also, bad getaway is still bad.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
You may not have to hex Lucas's ThrowN bone in. With the bone editor by TSG, you could mod the bone's FrameMatrix and InverseBindMatrix to be like a proper ThrowN.

Also, bad getaway is still bad.
I tried it, unfortunately no luck

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay well although I don't care for double posting, it's a good way to bump the thread while providing everyone with an update.

Starwaffle's constantly busy with work, Shock's always got school among just not really having much he can/needs to do with the project, and Ronald's always doing silly stuff so atm I'm really the only one here ^^' Otherwise there'd be several wonderfully done animations to add from star and the PSA might be done a little further from Shock though I'm not sure about that.

So basically all I really want to say is that though the progress is EXTREMELY slow and we haven't fixed any previous bugs AND we haven't released a new Beta even though we already said we would AND we haven't finished any new attacks or animations AND I've already said that I learned more about PSA and can fix stuff but haven't said anything else, THE ONLY THING KEEPING US FROM RELEASING A NEW DOWNLOAD IS THAT I'M MAU***KIN LAZY. That and I don't really know how to work the special tabs.... Klonoa's new animation for his up-B is done, it's now officially an attack (Throws down not just drops) and it makes for a non-cheap/non-****ty recovery. Though it could still use a few tweaks all I really have to do is set it to not be spammable (Meaning has to go into a freefall or like Lucario's and Sonics where you just can't do it twice) and it's done.

All of the files are compiled and set up including the CSP and whatnot. All I really gotta do is finish the Up-special and add the new Lucas.pac. So fear not everybody the long post is finished and we aren't all dead... Or at least I don't think any of us are... Star? Where are you? T.T

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
hey, i totally made a new CHALLENGER APROACHING update thing =|

but umm ya work is a *****, we just hired 2 new people so my hours should go back to normal next week.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Lol you did bro and it looks beautiful and not only that but you also put all of that long wall of pictures into a box. That sounds awesome, maybe we'll finally get those animations you've done/doing added before the next release or at least shortly after. I've been busy with bomberman animations lately but I've got a pretty good idea of how I want to make Klonoa's new f-tilts work.

Glad to see you're back from the dead again ^^

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay I've decided that I don't understand the special Tab in PSA what so ever.... So we're currently looking for someone who can set up the special tabs to do what we want them to do. Currently it's just making it so the Up-special can be used on the ground or in the air without making Klonoa stick to the ground and prefferebly without making him fall into helpless and without making it so he can use it an infinite number of times....

Top Bottom