• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I really would like to see that happen considering my controller would be at full function again if the C-Stick didn't need to center lol

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
For anyone to answer who has been keeping up with the streams:

Has there been a show of Mr.Game and Watch in play?
-Thanks again to anyone who answers my question. I think I've missed a couple of streams so I don't know if I missed him being used.
---------
On a personal side note, I prefer we not show case Game and Watch ;) . I would like it to be a surprise for me but you can't stop the willing from show casing him or seeing him in action!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh yes actually. Nair is parachute now and there's actually a funny glitch with it, Dair no longer force falls, and of course, you can L-cancel all of his aerials ;)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
By the way, I wanted to bring up Melee Link's Nair & Bair vs. Brawl Link's. I'm playing Melee just now and I could swear Melee Link's Nair and Bair go out farther. I also feel like Fair comes out a frame or two earlier.

shanus

Smash Hero
I missed another stream? :( It would be easier if you guys at least advertised the stream with the thread title.
I do when i see that they happen, but im usually pretty busy and am not aware they are going down

.Marik

is a social misfit
I missed this stream as well. How're Ness and Yoshi turning out? Gotta have my DJC :p
I played my Yoshi on the livestream, he's simply phenomenal.

His Wavedash animation covers great distance and is more fluid, unlike Melee, and it can easily combo into DSmash and FSmash combos. DJC Nair is solid and a great baiting and spacing tactic.

Ask Valuno or anyone else who watched my Yoshi play. I don't know much about Ness though, I would assume the DJC mechanics are similar to Yoshi's.

Snake is extremely awkward, though. The lack of a floating vBrawl airdodge makes his blocky stature vulnerable and considerably different.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
For anyone to answer who has been keeping up with the streams:

Has there been a show of Mr.Game and Watch in play?
-Thanks again to anyone who answers my question. I think I've missed a couple of streams so I don't know if I missed him being used.
---------
On a personal side note, I prefer we not show case Game and Watch ;) . I would like it to be a surprise for me but you can't stop the willing from show casing him or seeing him in action!
Count Kaiser and I have both used G&W quite often in the streams. His nair is pretty OP at the moment but that will be fixed.

I missed another stream? :( It would be easier if you guys at least advertised the stream with the thread title.
I recommend checking here (or better yet, the IRC) every Saturday night. That's usually when we do streams, and we do them fairly often.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Can someone of the team tell me if you already got problems with people pushing you to release a public beta (maybe in Brawl+). And if you would trust someone who really can test P:M and says, that he/she never will release or share anything also no videos.

(Another point is, that I hope there will be a good and short tutorial or something for the actual working and problems. So, that more people can think about things to be fixed (like the head code))

shanus

Smash Hero
Can someone of the team tell me if you already got problems with people pushing you to release a public beta (maybe in Brawl+). And if you would trust someone who really can test P:M and says, that he/she never will release or share anything also no videos.

(Another point is, that I hope there will be a good and short tutorial or something for the actual working and problems. So, that more people can think about things to be fixed (like the head code))
i have no idea what i just read

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
... lolwut?

Also, could a Link guy (or someone who knows enough about Link) respond to this?
By the way, I wanted to bring up Melee Link's Nair & Bair vs. Brawl Link's. I'm playing Melee just now and I could swear Melee Link's Nair and Bair go out farther. I also feel like Fair comes out a frame or two earlier.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I've not noticed the Bair behaving the same as the Melee incarnation, actually. I've been busy, so haven't gotten to doing much recently. :(

It's pretty awesome. At least, when you can do it consistently.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I've not noticed the Bair behaving the same as the Melee incarnation, actually. I've been busy, so haven't gotten to doing much recently. :(

Falcon's bAir works the same way too. You can jump out of it before you fully land assuming you bAir'ed as early as possible in a short hop.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude

Seen that video and <3 it.

Also, good to hear that Link is good to go already, shanus. I should request Link again in another stream and ask to see those (if there's any visual difference, that is).

smegman666

Smash Rookie
hey just a quick idea... why dont guive bowser a hit invincibility .... like hulk or juggernut in marvel vs capcom2 ...

maybe not.. but smal % damage dont cancel they're animation..

i know its supid .. but I have to say it ...

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Super Armor on Bowser? That I remember some was given to his crawl a while ago but I'm not sure if that's going to make it back in. For that matter, what's gonna happen with crawling?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Link doesn't even need bomb jumping anymore now that his AGT combined with AGT's momentum carried over to his upB makes his recovery amazing (you need to upB while you still retain the moment, once the momentum is gone, the upB is back to normal). Its a huge improvement, but still very predictable. And, if you mess up, you're basically dead. I don't believe its over powered. It covers a lot of distance but it has a very predictable path.

If you guys do nerf AGT in general, don't take out the AGT-momentum-influenced upB of Link's. Its very helpful yet, not over powered.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
from melee to brawl, it seemed like a lot of characters, uh...'filled out' some. things like the melee and brawl model of fox show how many characters went from a kind of runner's build to a bit more, uh...torso-rich. or not. it seems like it.

is this a byproduct of the cam+stage changes in brawl, or are the models really that much, uh...thicker? for either case, will there be changes made to make the game less centered on ginormous characters and more on the melee-proportions again?

smegman666

Smash Rookie
ok ..
for example :
when bowser take a (for example...) ,less than 15% hit damage attack... it didnt affect him at all .. (but, of course, he absob the damage on his % rate..)

in smash (all of them) if bowser is about to smash the opponent..the opponent could always do a quick little attack (faster than bowser) to cancel bowser's smash atk or.. what ever bowser doing...
but if you do the hit invincibility .. the opponent need to think more of it .. and it could be more realistic
if a chid it a monster.. the monster does'nt gonna move a bit.. :p

it could be more tactical to fight vs bowser of even DK of all big and slow character.. (dedede).. tough.. and more fearsome..
so the little and quick caracter who fight vs those big slow guy with to much confidence .. would need to think twice when they gonna fight them..

ValTroX

Smash Ace
ok ..
for example :
when bowser take a (for example...) ,less than 15% hit damage attack... it didnt affect him at all .. (but, of course, he absob the damage on his % rate..)

in smash (all of them) if bowser is about to smash the opponent..the opponent could always do a quick little attack (faster than bowser) to cancel bowser's smash atk or.. what ever bowser doing...
but if you do the hit invincibility .. the opponent need to think more of it .. and it could be more realistic
if a chid it a monster.. the monster does'nt gonna move a bit.. :p

it could be more tactical to fight vs bowser of even DK of all big and slow character.. (dedede).. tough.. and more fearsome..
so the little and quick caracter who fight vs those big slow guy with to much confidence .. would need to think twice when they gonna fight them..
Sounds like Brawl-?

Rudra

Smash Ace
You mean....having super armor frames on some of Bowser's more "powerful" moves? iirc he already has that sort of thing on Bowser Bomb and on his crawl/crouch, but if CC'ing is coded, maybe it can take a bit longer for the CC to be rendered ineffective for him (doubt thats possible =/)

...though it'd be really interesting if the opening animations for Nair/FSmash had some....

MacKellarTeam1

Smash Cadet
I think Corneria should have the size of the boarders expanded. Also it should be twice as big, there is no way fox could fit the front of that ship. It's just ridiculas.
'always something that bothered me in brawl'

smegman666

Smash Rookie
no really not lol ...
juste that to be stun in the air.. (take the damage animation..) the oponent need to hit it with a ,at least 14% damage atk (or any number ..)

anyway.. its not a big deal.. was juste a little idea thats all..
i didnt play with bowser..

Rikana

Smash Champion
I don't understand what you're saying. So, you want Heavy Armour on certain frames of the attack; no flinching if its 14% or lower. I'm assuming on the early frames of the attack so they can take the damage and still be able to perform the attack.

Anyways. No, I don't think that's a good idea. We shouldn't be adding in any Heavy Armour anywhere other than the ones already provided. Once Crouch Cancel is in, that will be good enough.

Edit: ^^^ learn to use the edit button. You double posted. Twice.

smegman666

Smash Rookie
btw thank fot the edit button thing ..

good enough to just see that there is someting to do with bowser... (crouch cancel..)

Sterowent

Smash Ace
if anything were to be specific to those two big dudes, i'd like to see a slightly longer window for their CC, moreso for bowser, and a bit earlier a window for meteor cancels, specifically for DK. whatever's balanced, of course, but the fact that they're so huge compared to everyone else is going to be jarring in a melee-esque game.

unless you're reducing their size, pointing back to my earlier comment.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind super armor being added to stuff. Slowing it down to add super armor is pretty much a nerf in a game like Melee, but the windows and different don't need to be high where the super armor is. Maybe slight damage/knockback/good properties could be added to the moves, or Bowser's weight could be increased. It's just that this is pretty useless and no one would want to waste their time.

Kupo is absolutely right about a single buffer window for everyone.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Bowser's HA crawl is still in and still awesome.

--------------

I think the best solution to the buffer issue is that we keep the buffer-select feature in and leave it to TOs to decide how they want to run their turneys.

Rikana

Smash Champion
The only problem I see is to get people to agree with what buffer to play on for WiFi matches. Now that dead frames are officially gone, I'd go as low as 20 or even lower but majority would probably still play with 50 or higher. If only different buffers work online.

kupo15

Smash Hero
The only problem I see is to get people to agree with what buffer to play on for WiFi matches. Now that dead frames are officially gone, I'd go as low as 20 or even lower but majority would probably still play with 50 or higher. If only different buffers work online.
I don't see a problem with different buffer settings for online vs offline. I would suggest that the buffering be as low as 0 and as high as 20. If PM can't mimic the style of arbitrary buffering found in melee, I would go with 10. Back when I used to play B+, I had it on 20 (cause it was the least glitchy) but me and my friends really wanted to play with 0 buffer cause after a while, I felt how the buffering even at 20 was getting in the way.

But the main point is that everyone must learn the same buffering setting and therefore the same timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom