• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I forgot to mention. During the stream, Falco couldn't do anything out of Shine in the air from time to time. I think it may have something with the Shine animation. Falco seems like he falls super fast when he Shines in air. That might be the reason why there were some times where I couldn't jump out of Shine to another aerial. In Melee, I believe he slows down a bit in the air when Shine is performed.

If you Shine slightly above the ground level, it will automatically fast fall for you. Because of this, I believe there were quite a few times it didn't allow a jump out of the Shine.

shanus

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention. During the stream, Falco couldn't do anything out of Shine in the air from time to time. I think it may have something with the Shine animation. Falco seems like he falls super fast when he Shines in air. That might be the reason why there were some times where I couldn't jump out of Shine to another aerial. In Melee, I believe he slows down a bit in the air when Shine is performed.

If you Shine slightly above the ground level, it will automatically fast fall for you. Because of this, I believe there were quite a few times it didn't allow a jump out of the Shine.
its because im reprogramming the syntax for shine to remove a bug where you couldnt multishine more than 2 times in a row

CTL17

Smash Lord
Here is feedback from some of the UMD melee community.

We played Project:M during the most recent Shell Shocked and really liked it. This is generated from playing for about 30 minutes for lightningsykes and 3 hours for me.

-The new DJC generates a new aerial game for those with it
-Squirtle is the new Pichu? (Nair spam)
-Interesting PK Lifeup for Lucas (should be colored green to make it similar to Mother3)
-Wavedash spamming with Luigi doesn't seem to work as smoothly
-Ganon's jab can't hit standing G&W
-Moonwalking feels stickier in P:M than melee as you travel less on the ground, but the supposed imperfect moonwalk gives the same, if not more, aerial momentum as a full moonwalk in melee.
-Jigglypuff's wavedash is too long– makes her tech chase game too good
-G&W's Nair needs a warning animation and shouldn't be able to combo into itself.
-Electrical moves' hitlag is longer than it should (seems longer than Brawl+'s)

Most of these have probably been reported, but we were not sure so we posted our thoughts anyways.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
I would like to ask how many times the team of this project already got experience with people pushing a team to release a public beta of their work.

Also which other kinds of prevention against types of pushing do you do?

And in which terms a player wont be selected as a beta tester?

(How about me ... ;) )

shanus

Smash Hero
So, does that mean the fastfall in the shine is only temporary?
Yes, I didn't have time the other day to fix up the momentum after rewriting all the syntax so it was a quick and dirty attempt.

Also, please keep bug reports to PMs since its far easier to keep track of then this thread!

@Cyan, I led the B+ project in development until around 5.0, then I began transitioning to this project. We use SVN for speedy development to prevent issues of version control and fast sharing/updating and automatic changelogging.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Ganon jab does hit standing G&W at all distances when I tested last night, btw.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I should probably just subscribe to this thread instead of lurking it all the time. You guys make progress quickly.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Here's a juvenile question: How large are all the .pac files collectively so far? My .brstm files and pre-existing textures already siphon away about 60% of the card. Might need to get a new card to move emulators and other crap in advance.

shanus

Smash Hero
Here's a juvenile question: How large are all the .pac files collectively so far? My .brstm files and pre-existing textures already siphon away about 60% of the card. Might need to get a new card to move emulators and other crap in advance.
Currently, around 120 megs total I think.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
0_o.....

What?
Exactly, lolwut?
DSW, HBox, Qdvs, PureKorea (first two particularly better than the latter two, but they're all really good)?

Yeah, I'd be totally game for NOOB2. Just gotta check dates and all that. Playing P:M there would also be sick especially if any of those four names (or any others I missed) show up.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Exactly >_>. I'm looking forward to NOOB2. I have that on bookmark so hopefully I'll get to checking any updates they made to times and such. If this is on April 26-28, I'm going to kill myself although it'd make sense to place it on a weekend instead.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'm a little surprised that Pure Korea made that name list <_<.

Man, I get no recognition Q_Q.

Gotta start placing better than 4th or 5th I suppose. But ****, I just can't be Colbol EVER >: (

Can't wait to fight some melee players in P:M though. I've only gotten to fight computers (cause Leaf's a **** and won't play until landing detection gets fixed, which is not as big a deal as he makes it out to be).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I guess I just haven't heard the name before >_>. What's funny is I've heard of PureKorea before Otronicon, but I hadn't heard of Qdvs until then or even knew that DSW and Hbox lived in FL until recently. I'm only particularly familiar with those at Otronicon mostly because I asked some guys at GameFAQs Melee boards about who was going to be there. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known Qdvs either. I've gotten so much better at SHFFLing so it would at least allow me to live a little longer as Doc :p.

Oh, I wanted to bring up one more Link thing. Is UTilt gaining the range behind Link that it had in Melee? I just found myself recently attempting to hit behind as Link+ and it wouldn't reach. I assume this will also be brought back considering how useful that is for its situations?

humble

Smash Ace
Talking about Link, are you bringing back his melee grounded ^B? its so useless in brawl, but it had a nice angle and a large hitbox in melee...

D

Deleted member

Talking about Link, are you bringing back his melee grounded ^B? its so useless in brawl, but it had a nice angle and a large hitbox in melee...
More importantly, it sounded and looked much cooler. That should obv take priority over move utility though :lick:

Rikana

Smash Champion
I can say Link's upB is back and will be like how it was in Melee if there's anything else missing. You can't charge with it, angle has been changed, hitbox seems good so far if I remember correctly.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I added some moar wind spinny GFX as well. I know how much you kids love those.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Just wanted to give the dedicated P:M fans a heads up.

There is a small chance of a livestream tonight, and a 99.9% chance of a livestream tomorrow evening/night. That's EST.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm game for that. Having some friends come over for Brawl+ tonight so I'd love to check that out tomorrow.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ah thank you; hyped to hear about DSW going in. Appears that Qdvs will be there too. Of course and Sworddancer has a setup, haha.
I might bring my own maybe; I have a Wii and all that ****.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Em. Gee.

Fast-paced gameplay is back.

Hitstun and combos are back.

Wallgrappling is back.

The ability to do the airdodge from EITHER GAME.

Character balancing.

Zairs that AREN'T broken in close combat.

And Link's upb is back.

And so much other awesome stuff.

I'm not gonna lie; this is everything I've been wanting in a new smash game and so much more.

*head explodes due to uncontainable amounts of awesome*

Sterowent

Smash Ace
hey, uh...about that "from either game" thing...less likely than expected. FFers + brawl dodge wasn't workin out, hah.

welp, everything else is true though (edit: except for wallgrapplin, ninja'd. i really wanna see that again too). plus, you know, all that added stuff from other mod projects, like replacing music, creating stages. pretty sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom