• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
D: no moar maylay airdodge? So does that mean no wavedashing?

Also, I'd be fine with the inability to fastfall while airdodging... or does something go horribly wrong when you do it?

iLink

Smash Champion
No he means that you can only do the melee airdodge now and not the brawl one.

They found it was way too effective to be able to airdodge and fastfall at the speed the characters fall now.

shanus

Smash Hero
i should really update that OP, and eventually make a new trailer. yeah... eventually

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Oh, so only the MELEE airdodge will be in this. One of yall's posts confuzzled me into thinking the other way around. I'm cool with that.

*is now a fan of this project*

*waits in anticipation for stream*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Based on previous patterns, I'm going to say it'll probably start anywhere between 8-10PM (EST) and go to who-knows-what in the morning.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Expect the stream to start around 7pm EST. It will probably be me, Thunderhorse, Guy, Bandit, Bionic Sonic, and maybe Waffle.

Beware, I can play Mario now (now with Doc nair!) :demon:

shanus

Smash Hero
Expect the stream to start around 7pm EST. It will probably be me, Thunderhorse, Guy, Bandit, Bionic Sonic, and maybe Waffle.

Beware, I can play Mario now (now with Doc nair!) :demon:
Make sure to grab the new falco pac i just made.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Mario with Doc Nair? That will be beast.

I can't really say if it is in or isn't, seeing shanus didn't deny it nor completely confirm JCaesar's post, but I will definitely enjoy having the Doc Nair in; he is my Melee main after all.

Now to wait for the stream...

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that you guys wanted some help earlier on making some slower characters more complex. Anyhoo, I've come up with a few ideas recently on that subject :bee:

Ike:
Have his neutral b's super armor frames up while it's charging as well. Also, have his sideb not lose any momentum when it collides with an opponent in midair, and have his downb's counter frames last a bit longer.

Bowser:
Give him a fireball projectile attack like he has in Super Mario that happens when you tap b, and have it take a large chunk out of his normal neutral b's cooldown.

Ganon:

Instead of warlock punch, give him a lightning ball attack like he has in OoT that is chargeable, stuns like ZSS's blaster does, and can
be reflected by any melee attack that is at least as strong as Ganon's jab.

Hope these suggestions help some!

Rikana

Smash Champion
I noticed that you guys wanted some help earlier on making some slower characters more complex. Anyhoo, I've come up with a few ideas recently on that subject :bee:

Ike:
Have his neutral b's super armor frames up while it's charging as well. Also, have his sideb not lose any momentum when it collides with an opponent in midair, and have his downb's counter frames last a bit longer.

Bowser:
Give him a fireball projectile attack like he has in Super Mario that happens when you tap b, and have it take a large chunk out of his normal neutral b's cooldown.

Ganon:

Instead of warlock punch, give him a lightning ball attack like he has in OoT that is chargeable, stuns like ZSS's blaster does, and can
be reflected by any melee attack that is at least as strong as Ganon's jab.

Hope these suggestions help some!
Ike already can jump out of quickdraw - JC grabs with huge range, short hop/full hop, wavedash.

Bowser has heavy armour crouch/crawls. Anything under 7% won't affect Bowser besides damage.

Ganon is fine the way he is. To make up for his speed, he's pretty much a power house. Coming from a Melee point of view, we shouldn't change his Warlock Punch to anything else since some may not like it.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Ganon is fine the way he is. To make up for his speed, he's pretty much a power house. Coming from a Melee point of view, we shouldn't change his Warlock Punch to anything else since some may not like it.
Ganon punch was pretty much for punishing jiggs' missed rests, and utilt had more KB anyways IIRC. Ganon with a projectile would be pretty sexy

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Actually, yeah - was ganon's warlock punch anywhere near as cool or popular as falcon pawnch? A projectile would make him quite a bit more original.

Also...wouldn't he still have his utilt of mass destruction to punish jigg's rest or a shield break?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hmm... Actually, yeah - was ganon's warlock punch anywhere near as cool or popular as falcon pawnch? A projectile would make him quite a bit more original.

Also...wouldn't he still have his utilt of mass destruction to punish jigg's rest or a shield break?
No
No
Yes

Rikana

Smash Champion
Ganon's not getting a projectile. He never had one in Melee so he won't have one here. He doesn't need projectiles to be good.

As for his sideB though. I'm unsure if the team plans to keep his Brawl version or go back to his Melee. From my experience so far, he still has his Brawl sideB.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I'm a fan of Brawl sideB. It's original, distinguishes him from Falcon, gives depth to Ganon's game (more techchasing!), and it looks ****ing amazing.

D

Deleted member

The team said there's a possibility of both versions to be incorporated into Ganon's side-b.

As for warlock punch and utilt, they're both pretty useless other than punishing shield breaks and missed rests as Ganon's fsmash is easily almost as powerful when charged.

I like the idea of his warlock punch being quick and reflecting projectiles while not making a projectile itself. It feels like the OoT and TP boss battles.

Also, it kinda fits into his playstyle of walling with fair, ftilt, and jab against his opponent.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
The team said there's a possibility of both versions to be incorporated into Ganon's side-b.

As for warlock punch and utilt, they're both pretty useless other than punishing shield breaks and missed rests as Ganon's fsmash is easily almost as powerful when charged.

I like the idea of his warlock punch being quick and reflecting projectiles while not making a projectile itself. It feels like the OoT and TP boss battles.

Also, it kinda fits into his playstyle of walling with fair, ftilt, and jab against his opponent.
Hmm, yeah, I like that idea more than my own actually. It makes his bmove useful without changing the move itself. Also, that'd definitely help against projectile spammers.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Quick question: what are yall's thoughts on buffering? Aside from jabs and dodging and rolling out of shield, me and many smashers have complaints about it and wish there was no buffering, just like melee.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Quick question: what are yall's thoughts on buffering? Aside from jabs and dodging and rolling out of shield, me and many smashers have complaints about it and wish there was no buffering, just like melee.
You are also forgetting jumping out of hitstun. This was also in melee as well.

Aside from the above, nothing else should have buffering.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
You are also forgetting jumping out of hitstun. This was also in melee as well.

Aside from the above, nothing else should have buffering.
Ah, right. That too. Thx

I play witah zero buffer. I blame playing Ike too much. Freakin' Nair deaths.
OMG. I used to have Ike as a secondary early on in brawl's metagame, and I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom