• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
He put up a throw away match, and a match I went random on at the end of the night (and during that match we opened by running around, taunt canceling).

He's an idiot.
Haha. I'll stick with fool, or maybe *******... yeah, ******* sounds a lot better. It's hilarious, they joined for the sole purpose of uploading that. A hell of a botch for a first vid.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I know, seriously just FIX HA!!! It doesn't need to be a kill move or anything, it wasn't meant to be. Just make it faster, remove the regarded lag and make it a combo starter. Problem solved.
They could always make it safe on block, JC'able, super armor and invincibility frames on it...

Oh, you were being serious...

Seriously, Sonic doesn't need this in his game to be good. This is just trying to make a crappy move a really good move. Most characters have crappy moves. It's a way of life.

vectorace

Smash Cadet
i think that someone (Shanus is a good person) that has a youtube account that is a programmer or w/e for P:M should flag as breaking their copyright. then again it could bring attention to B+ and P:M trailers and get them removed for breaking Nintendo copyright.
so i guess that was a useless comment unless the latter would be found to be untrue.

shanus

Smash Hero
It's not a huge deal, if the person respects the project (seems that they are excited enough for it), they will take it down. If not, well shame on them :p

Haseo1101

Smash Cadet
I got a question

I was watchin the PM trailer right and it said it was taking out the aspects of 64, Melee that we love. If so why is it called "Project Melee" and not "Project Smash" since your taking aspects out of both games?

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't worry about the semantics. Call it Project Cuddlez for all I care and I'll play it if it means no more wait-and-strike gameplay of vBrawl. Besides, "Project Smash" is too close to "Project Smash Attack".

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I was watchin the PM trailer right and it said it was taking out the aspects of 64, Melee that we love. If so why is it called "Project Melee" and not "Project Smash" since your taking aspects out of both games?
Because we take moves that suck (Kirby's Nair) and use the better version of them, sometimes. The 64 version is superior.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I got a question

Because that would include that piece of trash Brawl, which is only good as an easily hacked catalyst. 64 and melee were much more similar to each other than brawl imo.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
...Brawl, which is only good as an easily hacked...
woah, woah, eheh. i wouldn't say that...the monumental achievements in this community, by the key players of dant, kryal, PW, as well as many users of tools developed by them, such as eldiran, mewtwo2000, and randomtbrush, couldn't have been easy. it's pretty inspirational.

just sayin. not easy, though worth all the effort, it seems like.

edit: well, not that i'ma list everyone, but i should also add of course the huge credit project leaders are too, hah. the smash world awaits, shanus!
edit2: he put up another vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3rtjO_UjlQ&feature=channel if you care to check.
the matches are better than the other ones.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
Due to that video Mario looks sick almost like hes supposed to be a mix between Doc Mario and reg mario from melee and hurray and I hope it stays in giving mario a drill air attack. Thats the one thing I actually hate about VBrawl or in Brawl just generally is when Sakusuck switched his down B from melee to fludd. lol@fludd.

I seriously can't wait for this to come out. Um quick question I know its gonna sound dumb but how are thether's gonna work like links hookshot, Samus grapple beam due to in melee they could pinpoint the wall or aka parts of a stage that would make them have good returns espically Link because his Air up B in melee was god awful.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Wait, I missed something (not willing to check all 300+ pages). FLUDD is still retained right? It'd just be more work to take replace dB with the tornado and replacing the dair (Luigi's?). It's not a big deal if it's gone, IMO.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm fine with mario's brawl moveset.

Oh, I came up with a happy medium for ganon's warlock punch: super armor. It could then be used for both the lawlz AND as a suprise spacing tool.

Also...I read in an earlier post that you guys don't like wolf. Well, after seeing that leaked footage from the most recent livestream again, idk what you guys are talking about - he seems friggin awesome! I've got a friend who can't wait to play as him.

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

I rather not change Ganon's Warlock Punch at all. Ganon has a good moveset. No need to alter his Warlock Punch. Rarely used moves (notice I said the word rarely used and not useless) are fine if the rest of the moveset makes the character good. People get much more hyped when someone connects a combo with a rarely used move.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I rather not change Ganon's Warlock Punch at all. Ganon has a good moveset. No need to alter his Warlock Punch. Rarely used moves (notice I said the word rarely used and not useless) are fine if the rest of the moveset makes the character good. People get much more hyped when someone connects a combo with a rarely used move.
umm...and warlock punch is useful and can combo in any way, shape, or form because......

What I'm suggesting when I say that some character's move should get this or that so that it's useful is that they have a more shallow movepool than other characters. For example, Link and Marth don't have a single useless move in their arsenal, whereas Ganon has two, as well as Ness and Lucas (if you count their downb as well). It makes a character more straightforward, simple, and predictable when they don't have as many usable moves at their disposal as other characters.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Also...I read in an earlier post that you guys don't like wolf. Well, after seeing that leaked footage from the most recent livestream again, idk what you guys are talking about - he seems friggin awesome! I've got a friend who can't wait to play as him.
i'm way more interested in ike, though, like with that wolf kill. it was almost like slo-mo shorthop...to fair. awesome.

camelot

Smash Ace
Wait, I missed something (not willing to check all 300+ pages). FLUDD is still retained right? It'd just be more work to take replace dB with the tornado and replacing the dair (Luigi's?). It's not a big deal if it's gone, IMO.
Mario's dair was changed to Melee's. It got a new animation, using Luigi's as a base, and it looks and works just like Mario's Melee dair. Same with the landing animation.

His FLUDD wasn't changed though, but SHeLL had some ideas, one of which was making it so that it uses the hover nozzle when used fully charged in the air. I really doubt FLUDD will be removed.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Err?

Didn't know about that. Well then, that's MUCH different than what contended. But assuming that Mario is all around Meleefied, I don't object to this. Mario's Dair in Brawl was a pretty good combo finisher. I suppose if the contention is to get rid of Mario's tornado all together...Hmmm...Do I actually object to this? I can't tell.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Well, Mewtwo_2000 has a WIP FoD that he wants to return to at some point if that's anything (and he does quite good work). It'd also probably be very possible to revive Marth's Yoshi's Story from Melee.

Rikana

Smash Champion
umm...and warlock punch is useful and can combo in any way, shape, or form because......

What I'm suggesting when I say that some character's move should get this or that so that it's useful is that they have a more shallow movepool than other characters. For example, Link and Marth don't have a single useless move in their arsenal, whereas Ganon has two, as well as Ness and Lucas (if you count their downb as well). It makes a character more straightforward, simple, and predictable when they don't have as many usable moves at their disposal as other characters.
I'm not saying Warlock Punch combos or is it useful, I said it was a rarely used move. Also, it was used as a combo finisher. There was a video from a while back where Falco dAir'ed to Falcon Punch. He missed and got a stomped by a ganon to Warlock Punch. Its these moments where it makes rarely used moves look good. In short, we don't need to make rarely used moves from Melee characters anymore useful.

And also, you've been suggesting many things which was unnecessary. You even suggested Ganon having projectiles in place of his Warlock Punch in the past, if I remembered it correctly, which is kind of stupid. Might as well give everyone a projectile over their useless move then.

What I'm also saying is Melee characters should have as little altered as possible as long they stay true to what they were (I'm not a fan of adding super armour, heavy armour, etc. I rather just have a simple "buff" or "nerf" but I'm not the one editing). For Brawl, we can do whatever we want to the characters since we don't have a starting point for them.

Something that might catch yur attention guys :) http://kc-mm.com/?p=3365#more-3365 I Hope they make FoD next
That stage looks amazing.

Edit: final match of MLG's Brawl 1v1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-19NssjjZQ I watched it out of curiosity. Its not far at all from what you'd expect in a Brawl match.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying Warlock Punch combos or is it useful, I said it was a rarely used move. Also, it was used as a combo finisher. There was a video from a while back where Falco dAir'ed to Falcon Punch. He missed and got a stomped by a ganon to Warlock Punch. Its these moments where it makes rarely used moves look good. In short, we don't need to make rarely used moves from Melee characters anymore useful.

And also, you've been suggesting many things which was unnecessary. You even suggested Ganon having projectiles in place of his Warlock Punch in the past, if I remembered it correctly, which is kind of stupid. Might as well give everyone a projectile over their useless move then.

What I'm also saying is Melee characters should have as little altered as possible as long they stay true to what they were (I'm not a fan of adding super armour, heavy armour, etc. I rather just have a simple "buff" or "nerf" but I'm not the one editing). For Brawl, we can do whatever we want to the characters since we don't have a starting point for them.
...except that you DID say that warlock punch isn't useless. Which it is. If you stomp someone and immediately use warlock punch, if the player has brains and uses them there is no possible way you will land it.

When I suggested that ganondorf should have a projectile, I was referring to the lightning ball that he had in the Ocarina of Time game, which is where he originated from. The only reason they had his neutral b become the warlock punch in the first place is because he wouldn't be a full clone of captain falcon if he didn't have it. He was the ONLY copy character Nintendo brought over to brawl, and the only moves they changed were his sideb and the ending of his upb. Would that lightning ball attack not be more true to his character in general than a move merely ripped off another character?

...not saying that it needs to be changed for me to be happy - just trying to make some points here. And wait...what does this matter have to do with my former suggestions in the first place!? Geez.

camelot

Smash Ace
We were experimenting to make Ganon's fsmash into Warlock Punch (although it'll stay pretty much the same as his old fsmash in terms of damage and speed), then replace his neutral-b with something else. I honestly can't say if it'll stay this way, but it's pretty nifty.

I agree with not adding super armor or heavy armor, except for certain special moves, or for other special things (like Bowser's crouch or w/e).

That stage looks amazing.
Indeed.

Edit: final match of MLG's Brawl 1v1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-19NssjjZQ I watched it out of curiosity. Its not far at all from what you'd expect in a Brawl match.
Yay, M2K vs. Ally... like we haven't seen enough of that already. :ohwell:

Rikana

Smash Champion
...except that you DID say that warlock punch isn't useless. Which it is. If you stomp someone and immediately use warlock punch, if the player has brains and uses them there is no possible way you will land it.
The word "useless" is thrown around too vaguely. No moves are useless. They are just situational; hence, rarely used.

If you think its useless, then what do you think of uTilt? Don't tell me you wouldn't use Warlock Punch or uTilt to punish Jigglypuff's missed rest. Also, Warlock Punch can connect if you use it at an area where there is little room to escape. The video I was referring to just so happens that the Falcon player reacted incorrectly and was on a FoD's platform (which is very small) which lead to something amazing - a Warlock Punch combo.

Regardless, we're derailing. PM me if you want to continue this conversation.

We were experimenting to make Ganon's fsmash into Warlock Punch (although it'll stay pretty much the same as his old fsmash in terms of damage and speed), then replace his neutral-b with something else. I honestly can't say if it'll stay this way, but it's pretty nifty.

I agree with not adding super armor or heavy armor, except for certain special moves, or for other special things (like Bowser's crouch or w/e).
I'm perfectly fine with the animation change because it looks cool. It doesn't affect the speed of which the fSmash comes out, angle, etc. The Melee features remained the same which is perfectly fine.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I agree that situational moves are not automatically a bad thing. My only complaint with G-dorf is that U-tilt and Warlock punch serve pretty much the same role... a role that charged F-smash can even fill sometimes.

I'm not necessarily saying that they need to be radically different, but I've got a few ideas.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I wondered if Ganondorf's WP could leave a lasting trail of dark flames for a set period of time. Then it would be like a projectiles and would be a set up for something. It wouldn't be ******** like giving him a real projectile. If the F-smash is left as it is, the WP seems kind of redundant, but I think this is an interesting idea. Animations could be messed with, I suppose. Super armor is also a possibility.

U-tilt could just be cancel-able at a certain point with a little lag. The wind hitboxes differentiate it enough.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
U-Tilt should be anything but the mindf*** that it is. I will never ever understand why a tilt requires a charge. It will never make sense to me. Utilt could've been Ganon blowing daisies above him for all I care as long as it is instantaneous.

But sure. A change to his punch wouldn't be too bad. Give it earth-shattering effects. Tear the game a new one.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
The word "useless" is thrown around too vaguely. No moves are useless. They are just situational; hence, rarely used.

If you think its useless, then what do you think of uTilt? Don't tell me you wouldn't use Warlock Punch or uTilt to punish Jigglypuff's missed rest. Also, Warlock Punch can connect if you use it at an area where there is little room to escape. The video I was referring to just so happens that the Falcon player reacted incorrectly and was on a FoD's platform (which is very small) which lead to something amazing - a Warlock Punch combo.

Regardless, we're derailing. PM me if you want to continue this conversation.
When I said useless, I was srs dood. If warlock punch wasn't in Ganon's moveset, it would make NO difference whatsoever to his gameplay in any situation.

And no, YOU'RE derailing. And don't worry about me PM'ing you later about this. Oh, and if you want to, link the video so I can say how the falcon player could've gotten out of that 'combo'.

Almas

Smash Lord
There do exist Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch combos in Melee. An argument involving 'well he could have gotten out of it by...' applies to almost any combo possible.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Melee's physics (gravity/ hitsun etc.) is what made it possible for even the most situational moves to have some sort of use. Which is why once Project M implements Melee's physics, which has yet to be entirely done, there will no longer be a need to modify moves of this sort.

Edit: people need to get all these PSA-driven ideas out of their heads, or atleast, out of this project

Rikana

Smash Champion
When I said useless, I was srs dood. If warlock punch wasn't in Ganon's moveset, it would make NO difference whatsoever to his gameplay in any situation.

And no, YOU'RE derailing. And don't worry about me PM'ing you later about this. Oh, and if you want to, link the video so I can say how the falcon player could've gotten out of that 'combo'.
Answers below:

I agree that situational moves are not automatically a bad thing. My only complaint with G-dorf is that U-tilt and Warlock punch serve pretty much the same role... a role that charged F-smash can even fill sometimes.

I'm not necessarily saying that they need to be radically different, but I've got a few ideas.
There do exist Falcon Punch/Warlock Punch combos in Melee. An argument involving 'well he could have gotten out of it by...' applies to almost any combo possible.
Since we're on Ganon, DasDonkey's texture hack on Ganon (the newest Gears of War texture) is insane. I'm loving the texture to bits. I think I may play Ganon just for the texture 'cause its that good.

Their Scorpion for Falcon as well.. **** its so good.

Edit: And I forgot to mention. Is there gonna a code to remove the limited number of inputs in a replay? It'll make replays almost impossible for Project M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom