• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
This looks mighty interesting I have been playing Brawl+ since 4.1 and now I seen this it looks pretty awesome. Is there a Download link to test it out or is it just devs who are testing things at the moment? sorry for asking but almost 300 pages is alot to go through.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
We need a new trailer.
agreed. i'm actually tired of interacting on this thread. I've even got tired of reading updates of things fixed and stuff. Because it just makes me feel terrible that I can't see them. And I've seemingly made a career out of missing the god**** streams so for the most part I haven't actually seen anything knew in months.

shanus

Smash Hero
agreed. i'm actually tired of interacting on this thread. I've even got tired of reading updates of things fixed and stuff. Because it just makes me feel terrible that I can't see them. And I've seemingly made a career out of missing the god**** streams so for the most part I haven't actually seen anything knew in months.
We've been putting the trailer on hold to wait to demo until we get landing detection working, however, that simply might not be in a soon timeframe so maybe if we have a solid match we might make it available on youtube

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry if anyone wasted their Saturday night waiting for a stream... :ohwell:

We went and saw Kick-*** instead (absolutely amazing movie btw!)

Spam_arrows, what nights are you usually free? I can try to do a stream one of those nights maybe.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
We've been putting the trailer on hold to wait to demo until we get landing detection working, however, that simply might not be in a soon timeframe so maybe if we have a solid match we might make it available on youtube
Which is the purpuse of that code?
is it viable to complete?
what will happen if it can't be done?

D

Deleted member

Regarding the footstool changes suggested a couple pages back by Kupo, maybe some characters would have large footstool hitboxes, some may footstool spike, some may have a very small footstool hitbox (High tier fox, falco, jiggly), some may not even have a footstool. Footstool out of air dodge?

It could be a mechanic restricted and buffed to certain characters playstyles.

Characters who have poor offstage games or don't recover wellcould use a bolstered footstool to balance the match up and make it more interesting.

The removal of footstools from certain characters could make the gameplay vs characters who have footstools pretty interesting- especially edgeguarding. This would be another tool to be aware of how to use and how to combat effectively in matches.

Mario with a nicer footstool would be a tribute to his classic 2D scrollers and would help his recovery and edgeguarding (Mario's edgeguarding in Melee is fine though).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
OH YEAH.

I think I'll upload the matches I recorded and you can tell me which ones to reveal.

Which is the purpuse of that code?
is it viable to complete?
what will happen if it can't be done?

Landing detection is what decides when a character is in the air or on the ground at what point. In melee detection happened at like, upper-shin/thighs of a lot of characters, where in Brawl it is almost entirely on their feet. This throws everything having to do with moving from the air->ground by several frames, and makes it so a lot of adjustment is needed before being able to keep playing. It really is necessary for this to feel like melee...and it allows Ganondorf/Falcon to stomp through platforms again.

-DD

Rikana

Smash Champion
Does land detection code affect L-cancels as well?

I'd say to hold off on the trailer. I don't think we should put up a match as a showcase of what we have so far. We have live streams for that. Also, some Melee stuff are clearly visible but there are many cases where people still don't get that melee feeling from watching it. A trailer would be better as it comes with an explanation of the differences. Let's wait for that land detection code.

shanus

Smash Hero
Does land detection code affect L-cancels as well?

I'd say to hold off on the trailer. I don't think we should put up a match as a showcase of what we have so far. We have live streams for that. Also, some Melee stuff are clearly visible but there are many cases where people still don't get that melee feeling from watching it. A trailer would be better as it comes with an explanation of the differences. Let's wait for that land detection code.
Yeah I am holding off on the trailer, we might put up a few matches though to appease the masses.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I still disagree with putting up matches to display what's been done. People can watch live streams for that. But if you guys really think its worth it, choose one match where its basically filled with melee-rich features such as ledge cancelings, waveshining, tech chase/reads, and maybe even scar jumping or else there's bound to be people that might get turned off by the match.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Maybe we could put up a few of the best matches for the public, and then take them down as we make new breakthroughs (such as landing detection).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I still disagree with putting up matches to display what's been done. People can watch live streams for that. But if you guys really think its worth it, choose one match where its basically filled with melee-rich features such as ledge cancelings, waveshining, tech chase/reads, and maybe even scar jumping or else there's bound to be people that might get turned off by the match.
Lol I don't have one of those.
MDZ really likes Puff and Solid Jake loves Snake LOL.

There was some Falcon playing somewhere, but meh.
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
We'll see what we can dig up, but I'd plan on having them taken down as newer stuff becomes available.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
This is far from a request or suggestion. It's a curiosity ever since the footstooling subject came up. Is it theoretically possible to remap Final Smash activation to, let's say, a D-pad press?

Consider that certain characters could truly benefit from having access to their standard special while holding the FS and that taunts have no application in battle.

Revven

FrankerZ
There's already a code that allows you to get your FS on the d-pad, taunting activates it and then all you need to do is press B.

shanus

Smash Hero
he's asking for a remap of the activation of FS, from nB to the d-pad.
It's a two second code to do, but I don't really feel like doing it right now. However, yes its totally feasible and would only take a few lines of code (~4) to do.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Is Zelda's Dtilt going to be given its spike back? Right now, it just hits at like a 30 degree angle away.
That'd be nice. It would definitely help to show how sheik is built to rack up damage and zelda is built to KO. It'd be more interesting if you couldn't main one or the other as effectively as being good with both. But meh, I guess that's up to you guys to decide.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I just read back a few pages. Yay for new trailer :p. Will you show more of the same stuff or are you gonna try and expose all characters at least for a few seconds?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think B+ -> P:M character comparisons would be awesome such as move and animation changes. I know Kirby players would be extremely excited to see the 64 Nair. Generally, you could spend a large amount of time showing off physics changes and character changes and then display some good gameplay.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Livestream coming in 20 minutes or so...

HypeM?
*head explodes*

Out of curiosity, will any comboing be able to be done after wolf's shine? Obviously you wouldn't be able to constantly waveshine as the shine comes out much later than fox or falco's, but can you shine -> wavedash -> grab or anything like that? Have yall made it (or are you planning to make it) jump-cancellable in the first place?

Almas

Smash Lord
This is relevant to my interests.

EDIT: Nuuu I got banned =(. You're so mean to me.

Almas

Smash Lord
As it stands certain stages which were from Melee (and in Brawl) have been restored to work like they did in Melee - for example, the changes to the ledges for Battlefield and Final Destination.

As far as I know there are no plans to try and restore previous stages - clearly it would be a fairly hard job to perform, and I doubt it's a very high priority considering what else needs to be done.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
As it stands certain stages which were from Melee (and in Brawl) have been restored to work like they did in Melee - for example, the changes to the ledges for Battlefield and Final Destination.

As far as I know there are no plans to try and restore previous stages - clearly it would be a fairly hard job to perform, and I doubt it's a very high priority considering what else needs to be done.
There are from what I read plans to bring them back but they need a working import first.

Also my chat wont work on the stupid stream but It feels so good to see the game Gayman watch ***** hard.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Technically, good modifications of imported Stage Builder parts can get the job done. See Mewtwo_2000's completed Battlefield 64 and his WIP FoD and Fourside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom