• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLink

Smash Champion
The one thing I noticed is that GaW's nair has a really meaty strong hitbox that I don't believe melee had. Only the initial hitbox had that much knockback. I could be wrong on this aspect however.

Also I have to say I like a lot of the graphic changes made.

Unlimited

Smash Cadet
The one thing I noticed is that GaW's nair has a really meaty strong hitbox that I don't believe melee had. Only the initial hitbox had that much knockback. I could be wrong on this aspect however.

Don't see the problem!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry if you missed it. It was a last minute thing.

That may be our last P:M stream for a while. Gotta train up for a B+ tourney.

P:M looks beast so far. Falcos lasers look off though. =/
It's partly due to the landing detection (he can't shoot lasers as low as he could in Melee till we get it), partly due to the timing being a little different (I think), and partly due to my lack of tech skill (which I don't see the point in practicing till we get landing detection right). Oh and they're blue :p

tl;dr: Blame Sakurai!

Nah it didn't have a weak hitbox in Melee. The hitbox is just too big right now, and there isn't any warning so it comes out suddenly. But that off-stage edgeguarding with nair stuff, I know it looks like it's really hard to avoid, but it was just like that in Melee, trust me. G&W was so underrated.

ArenaX

Smash Rookie
**** son. I dont even follow P:M and I still caught the stream. LMAO
I've been following and reading this **** thing since day one and I recovered my account specifically to comment this, and I still haven't seen a stream. XD
Umm, Can anyone list Bowser and Snake's changes?

Almas

Smash Lord
Amongst Snake's changes is a nifty change to C4 that I'm sure will excite many users and be featured in the upcoming trailer.

ArenaX

Smash Rookie
Amongst Snake's changes is a nifty change to C4 that I'm sure will excite many users and be featured in the upcoming trailer.
I can't wait to see this change. ;)
Ermm, is there like an estimated time that the next trailer will be out by? O.o

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Can't you record the streams for those of us who aren't watching the thread 24/7?

I'm pretty sure there's an option for that.

By the way, could someone make that code that remaps final smash to a taunt instead of B? That would seriously help. I saw it discussed on earlier pages, but no code for it. I'll request in the proper thread if no one posts it.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
I heard Sonic sucked in the early phases of Project M. Has this been fixed? At least make his HA no longer suck like it does in vBrawl, Brawl+, Brawl MINUS JUST MAKE IT STOP BEING A BAD MOVE PLEASE.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
****!!!! I Missed Every Stream So Far Xd
Hmmm I know the feeling. Its so fun to laugh at now but it sucks when it's you.

I heard Sonic sucked in the early phases of Project M. Has this been fixed? At least make his HA no longer suck like it does in vBrawl, Brawl+, Brawl MINUS JUST MAKE IT STOP BEING A BAD MOVE PLEASE.
They said they weren't going to edit every crappy move and make it into something useful just because they can. However I must say I really want something done about the move if possible. It's so god**** lame lol.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
umm... somebody up-loaded some Project M footage onto youtube from the streams, not sure if he had authority to do so but come on, respect the project! :mad:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
@Sagen du Smash

You can cancel moves out of his HA IIRC. I'm not sure, I haven't been following this thread like I used to due to Heart Gold, Super Street Fighter IV, Pokemon B/W, and MvC3 hype. lol

ValTroX

Smash Ace
a couple of things from the stream:
1) Lucas is looking really good ^_^
2) Mario needs his Fsmash animation reworked to look like melee's, it looks MUCH better there(optional but I think it should really be done)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@ValTrox

1) Lucas is indeed looking great (although i'm all about Ness :p)

2) pretty sure this has been done already. If not then, iirc they atleast made it so his hurtbox doesn't move foward with his f-smash. But yea, we definetly need that Melee f-smash back :]

ValTroX

Smash Ace
yeah, the hitbox was moved, but the awesome looking melee fsmash is not back yet xD. Also, whoever posted the matches on youtube, take 'em down, that could seriously hurt the project and it can make shanus prohibit livestreams.

shanus

Smash Hero
iirc, shell and camelot have remade the fsmash animation for neutral joystick, and just need to finish remaking it for angled up and down.

also, please dont youtube our streams, we plan to put up good matches soon! It's not a huge deal now since we made a lot of progress since the past, but yeah, just respect the project :)

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Are Marth's slashes going to be modified to match the animations (as B+ has done with f-smash only)?

Also, is there a way/is it planned to make the spacies' up-B's ledge grab before launch? Ditto for ledge grabs by aiming down. (I'm referring to Firefox/bird ledge stalls and downward-angled ledge grabs.)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
When I worked on the f-smash, I adjusted the things that were the most important functionally for the move. Namely, I made it so that he didn't lean his back and head into the hitbox and adjusted the startup time, removing some of the 'hop.'

The main thing that's still different is that his hip and thus limbs are at a slightly different angle.

Adjusting the hip angle basically means recoding most of the animation. I just did the easiest, most important things... if I have time I can redo it from scratch to better match the Melee angle sometime during the beta period.

-----

@Grim mouser

1) Ideally, yes

2) Already done, I believe

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wow, melee animations are 50000000% better than all of brawl animations. They look a lot more like fighting poses and brawls looks like ballet stances.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. The Brawl animations are so rigid and lifeless. Like a statue...

Also, the animation for the moves to come out is seemingly instant and you don't see wind ups or a readiness to attack before, say an aerial comes out.

Even 64 had better animations.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I missed alot in this thread :O

whats new if I may ask?

the thread name changed :D this means I missed something and that something I now need to know :)

Feedback when ever is possible, and I hope I don't miss the next stream, I must see how much farther P:M has come throu

vectorace

Smash Cadet
dang i missed a live stream. oh well its only the first time.
on a side note whoever put up a vid on you tube all i can say is good enthusiasm but ur an idiot. all your going to do is hurt the project by giving people a bad impression.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Wow, they didn't even pick the best moments from the stream.

I wouldn't jump straight to calling them an idiot though. Foolish maybe, but in a way they can't be blamed for their enthusiasm regardless of how misguided it may be.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Wow, they didn't even pick the best moments from the stream.

I wouldn't just straight to calling them an idiot though. Foolish maybe, but in a way they can't be blamed for their enthusiasm regardless of how misguided it may be.
He put up a throw away match, and a match I went random on at the end of the night (and during that match we opened by running around, taunt canceling).

He's an idiot.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Someone pm me the link. I want to see how big of an idiot he is.

Edit: threaten him and say that we won't be releasing another trailer/matches/streams if he doesn't take it down.

Sagen du Smash

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm I know the feeling. Its so fun to laugh at now but it sucks when it's you.

They said they weren't going to edit every crappy move and make it into something useful just because they can. However I must say I really want something done about the move if possible. It's so god**** lame lol.
I know, seriously just FIX HA!!! It doesn't need to be a kill move or anything, it wasn't meant to be. Just make it faster, remove the regarded lag and make it a combo starter. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom