• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
did you guys see the first two episodes of legend of kora yet? they were leaked on the internet already.

is it ok if i post the links to the legend of korra episodes here?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Hold the phone! That's getting a sequel?! That show BLEW! It was basically watching a bunch of Americans make a cliche anime but since they were American it was "revolutionary".

I didn't think anyone who knew there were other much better shows just like it watched it.

Whatever happened to the old days when Batman and X-Men kicked ***? I guess we got Avengers now but NOOOO everyone go to your bald children.

On topic: I will find a way to get it regardless! MWAHAHAHAHA!
I love you

Now, tell me that Chrono Trigger is meh, so we can get married.

:phone:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127

Couch

Smash Cadet
It's not so much about cliched plot lines, moreso about an extremely fluid art style showcases in quite excellent action sequences. Besides that, it had an interesting plot. It wasn't trying to be an anime, thats the thing. If you want good anime, SAMURAI CHAMPLOO. COWBOY BEBOP. TRIGUN. jeez peeps. Also, HYPED AS shiiiiiet for demo deuce. Im particularly feeling what ive seen of wario and triple D. Wario's got kind of like a jiggs/mario feel to him, floaty yet still scrappy. Hell yes.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
It's not so much about cliched plot lines, moreso about an extremely fluid art style showcases in quite excellent action sequences. Besides that, it had an interesting plot. It wasn't trying to be an anime, thats the thing. If you want good anime, SAMURAI CHAMPLOO. COWBOY BEBOP. TRIGUN. jeez peeps. Also, HYPED AS shiiiiiet for demo deuce. Im particularly feeling what ive seen of wario and triple D. Wario's got kind of like a jiggs/mario feel to him, floaty yet still scrappy. Hell yes.
commoners find hero while running from enemy- find out he's hero- find ancient doodah- fight bad guys.

It's pretty damn cliche. Right up to the arch types. The art is nice but you must be smoking something good to claim it's not trying to be anime.

Also: DEMO 2! YAY! Next year we'll get demo 3!

Then when Smash 4 is ready we'll get the full release.

Seriously speaking though: Has anyone tried this on Dolphin? There are USB adapters for the GCN controllers and 1080p P:M sounds a lot better than 480p P:M.

pheeew. its a good thing i didn't read this :smirk:
Just playing it safe man. Don't wanna get infracted or something.

iLink

Smash Champion
Im convinced that 9k+1 is the worst person on this thread. Next thing I know, he's going to say final fantasy 7 is the best game.

Couch

Smash Cadet
commoners find hero while running from enemy- find out he's hero- find ancient doodah- fight bad guys.

It's pretty damn cliche. Right up to the arch types. The art is nice but you must be smoking something good to claim it's not trying to be anime.

Also: DEMO 2! YAY! Next year we'll get demo 3!

Then when Smash 4 is ready we'll get the full release.

Seriously speaking though: Has anyone tried this on Dolphin? There are USB adapters for the GCN controllers and 1080p P:M sounds a lot better than 480p P:M.
I am smoking something quite good. Thats neither here nor there however. In my view "cliche" doesn't matter all that much if the story is entertaining, and in my personal opinion Avatar had some pretty intriguing side plots and characters. Although I do agree with you, as a general archetype it isn't exactly original.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I don't see what's so bad about it "trying to be an anime." So what?

And yes, you can run PM on Dolphin. I've managed to do it with some minor issues. But it's not endorsed here, so I recommend you go to the Dolphin forum for help if you're interested.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I am smoking something quite good. Thats neither here nor there however. In my view "cliche" doesn't matter all that much if the story is entertaining, and in my personal opinion Avatar had some pretty intriguing side plots and characters. Although I do agree with you, as a general archetype it isn't exactly original.
Well, I'm gonna use the agree to disagree card here. I really don't care that much. It's better than the pony stuff at least. Watch whatever you will, just please don't call me out on not knowing about it. I don't even have cable 10 months out of the year and I'm way too hype watching Avengers to be bothered with baldy and his pals.

On topic: I'm pretty damn excited and it's seriously the only reason I keep checking back on the thread. I know it won't do a damn thing but I'm almost half expecting something even more awesome to show up.

I don't see what's so bad about it "trying to be an anime." So what?

And yes, you can run PM on Dolphin. I've managed to do it with some minor issues. But it's not endorsed here, so I recommend you go to the Dolphin forum for help if you're interested.
The bad part is the acting that tries to sound like a dub, the idiotic over the top expressions and all those weird pauses. The only difference is they're American and it's all slightly off so it doesn't feel like a cultural difference it FEELS like they're trying desperately to be anime style. Makes me cringe but this is the last I'm posting about this. Seriously.

I'm very interested. I'll be going there.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Why do you have such a hardon for pit?
Pit is overall the best character or at least has great potential to be. The only thing that stopped him was the bad design of brawl's fighting system and a few broken mechanics of some characters....That and the lack of regaining flight after up.B

@The anime chat. I'll just say I'm a battle tested anime watcher. Specifically in mystery, horror and action. As someone who's watched hundreds of anime by this point I can honestly say Avatar is in fact an average anime. It is a pretty good starter anime I'd say though. If you haven't seen alot it is a pretty good one and it will get you into the anime community. It has alot of elements(no pun) in most anime which do make it seem cliche but...it's not avatars fault. Basically it is a jr. anime for younger kids but as the seasons go on it become more enjoyable. If you are use to more serious violent and just...****ed up anime then it will come off as cheese filled nonsense initially but by the ending seasons it matures just like the characters so I'd say it's worth a watch.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
FF7 is the epitome of RPGs. Pretty sure that this is a well known fact.

Definitely not. That title belongs to Golden Sun 1 and 2 (3 is complete ASSSSSSS)

Edit: Idk why I mentioned 3 disregard that!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
hmmm...FF7 as a whole was pretty...I won't say bad...just overrated by a good amount. if you grade it by what it was and not by the name and fan following it has you'd agree(assuming you know something of RPGs). The main character is just SO cliche...it's like over the top cliche. He gets power and strength to win from nothing...I really hate characters like that. I like to see struggle against limits and overcoming of them from your own hard work. Not a magical button, sword, prayer, or chosen one nonsense. but...well some people enjoy such things. I guess it works on the subconscious of people with low self-esteem.

My favorite RPG so far...It's a toss up between Tales of Destiny 2 or Xenogears. ohhhh and Valkyrie profile(the original on PS1)I never beat the last boss of Legend of the Dragoon....T_T Someone hold me?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I like to call GS3 a necessary fail story wise. It's more of an introduction to the "new" Wayard. It's FULL of information (and redundancy) about a lot of changes.

As for gameplay, it was painfully easy and had no battle mode or hard mode. That's where the game truly fails to me.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I like to call GS3 a necessary fail story wise. It's more of an introduction to the "new" Wayard. It's FULL of information (and redundancy) about a lot of changes.

As for gameplay, it was painfully easy and had no battle mode or hard mode. That's where the game truly fails to me.
I ****ing love you.

And btw Shadic, not sure if srs. GS is the ****, if you can't see that then, I feel bad for you honestly.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I thought so too, until I read that LP.
I really don't care what some random has to say about the game. We all have our opinions and a typical idea of what a "good" RPG is. GS was my childhood and I've beaten the game countless times. The only real complaint I have is the absurd amount of talking. It's almost unbearable, and it got progressively worse as the sequels were released. Did you know that the first 20 min of GS3 is pure dialogue? -____-

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
We'll get 5 confirmations in the span of 2 weeks. I predict ZSS to be the first of the 5 we are awaiting tbh

Master WGS

Smash Lord
My wrath will be so vicious if there's no Lucas.

I mean, I guess if Pit and Pikachu are there, it MIGHT quell my fury... but man, I messed with Demo 1 today and remembered how much I love how Lucas feels. I'm sure he's getting some necessary changes, but I hope it's nothing too major.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ICers still have ALOT of glitches to work with, and the coding sounds very difficult. Basically, there is 0% chance of them being in this demo
again, about the same as Olimar

Official characters currently

1.Fox
2.Falco
3.Puff
4.Sheik
5.Marth
6.Captain Falcon
7.Ganondorf
8.Mario
9.Donkey Kong
10.Link
11.Zelda
12.Game&Watch
13.Bowswer
14.Snake
15.Wario
16.DDDD
17.Lucario
18.Toon link
19.Rob
20.Wolf
21.Ike
22.Charzard
23 Sonic
24.Lucas

23 or 24 or both may be gone in demo v.2 I think the odds are at least 1 of them makes it back.

so that leaves 5 or 6 places. My guesses are...

1.Luigi
2.Zero Suit Samus
3.Peach
4.Samus
5.Pit

6?Pikachu (Only if one of 23 or 24 aren't in demo2.)

7???(if both 23 and 24 are cut for demo2) I really don't know.... Toss up between Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ness and Metaknight. All of which seem less likely to be added in stead of both Sonic and Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom