• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sonic needs to be in.

NEEDS to be. >_>

Granted I'll still have 4 or 5 other characters I'm good at, still. It must be done.

Urgh. -~- *fistclench*

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Do you guys already know who the other 5 character are, and haven't announced them yet? Or are you currently undecided as to who they'll be?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
If the PMBR has been working on olimar, without our knowledge, i see no reson wy he cant be in. The little information they have shown shows that they have the ability to alter how the pikmin work. as long as they don't have any grandiose plans on changing how th pikmin are switced everything else seems like it could just be little tweaks.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I see no reason for Ness to not be in. From the YouTube videos and streams I've seen, Ness looks like he hasn't changed for months. If he isn't in the Demo there must be some experimental crap I've been missing.

:phone:

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Yeah, he hasn't changed much, but maybe he'll be like Dk, and only need necessary changes to make him better. I remember him mostly only have a bad recovery so giving him a strong on-stage game would make up for that right?

Off-Topic: I see some people don't know they're Anime history if they're saying Avatar is trying to copy Anime. LOL

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Do you guys already know who the other 5 character are, and haven't announced them yet? Or are you currently undecided as to who they'll be?
We've had the general roster known for probably a month or two, plus or minus a few characters. We've had the final 29 characters decided semi-recently.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Anyone see Toonami last night?

Cartoon Network pulled the ultimate april fool and brought back Tom 3 and Toonami for the night. ;‿;

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I missed it. Now I am depressed. :(
Also, Tom's VA wants Toonami to come back too. Let's let Cartoon Network know and make it happen.

iLink

Smash Champion
3 questions:

1) Was there any word on all the demo 1 characters returning?

2) Is wolf's landing frames on Upb similar to fox/falco's?

3) Are YI ghost platforms on a timer now?

9Kplus1

Smash Master
3 questions:

1) Was there any word on all the demo 1 characters returning?

2) Is wolf's landing frames on Upb similar to fox/falco's?

3) Are YI ghost platforms on a timer now?
1. No one from Demo 1 has been confirmed, save Mario :troll:. Although, keep in mind that at this point, it should be obvious that most, if not all of the Demo 1 characters will be returning.
2. Yes (the endlag of the move itself is pretty friggen huge, though).
3. Depending on which version of YI is used, yes.

:phone:

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
I thought that if the portrait on the Pm website was colored it was confirmed for demo 2... I didnt read that and my mind is playing games on me?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yes, but not really.

The characters that weren't in demo1 are confirmed for demo2.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
In Shadic's "joke" confirmation on page 1337, he confirmed Mario, Link, CF, Marth, Fox, and Falco.

But it's kind of tacitly confirmed that all of the Demo1 characters will return, except maybe Lucas.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I thought that if the portrait on the Pm website was colored it was confirmed for demo 2... I didnt read that and my mind is playing games on me?
Wouldn't (unconfirmed) demo 1 characters also be colored since they already have a page?
AFAIK being colored just means they have a write up.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Anyone see Toonami last night?

Cartoon Network pulled the ultimate april fool and brought back Tom 3 and Toonami for the night. ;‿;
How is that even considered "the ultimate april fool"? The entire idea of it was pretty stupid, you can buy, download, and watch Toonami any time. Lol why are you so impressed that it was streamed on the internet and played on TV for one night?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Since everyone seems to agree that Lucas is the suspected demo 1 character to be left out, can I ask what's been changed on him since the first demo? Or why everyone's so convinced he's not coming back? Pretty sure I read everyone saying he was the worst which, though I don't entirely know if I agree, I'm willing to accept based on my own limited knowledge of the characters I DO think are the worst in the demo...

Anyway, just curious. Was mostly kidding 'bout my wrath and everything if he doesn't make it in, but it will be mildly disappointing with how much fun he was for me in demo 1.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Since everyone seems to agree that Lucas is the suspected demo 1 character to be left out, can I ask what's been changed on him since the first demo? Or why everyone's so convinced he's not coming back? Pretty sure I read everyone saying he was the worst which, though I don't entirely know if I agree, I'm willing to accept based on my own limited knowledge of the characters I DO think are the worst in the demo...

Anyway, just curious. Was mostly kidding 'bout my wrath and everything if he doesn't make it in, but it will be mildly disappointing with how much fun he was for me in demo 1.
As far as the why goes, he was changed a lot, so people probably think he's not ready yet, keep in mind that it's just speculation, I don't recall the PMBR ever saying he's not returning(they haven't said he is, either).

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know the staff haven't said anything about his return, I was just curious as to why everyone seems unanimous in "If one character isn't coming back, it's Lucas." Occasional mentions of Sonic, and I think I saw Zelda once, but Lucas seems like the overwhelming choice.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Zelda must be returning because there's no way that they could leave Sheik out of the demo, which means that they had to work on Zelda to be ready for the demo.

Sonic has had changes too, but they seem like they were more concrete. I've seen him used on the streams and it looks like he had a lost of custom animation work done and a good plan of where he was headed.

Lucas had those changes to his side-B, up-B, and some other things since the demo, but there were some discussions in this thread about whether or not to keep them. Like when they changed his side-B to be a slow moving projectile with a weird angle, that was controversial. We're thinking that they may not have finalized his moveset for the demo.

(Just my opinion, not a PMBR response)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
BWAH!? THEY (probably) CHANGED LUCAS' SIDE B!? NOW HOW WILL I SAFELY DEFUSE SNAKE'S MINES!?!?

(Any recent [read: After some of these major changes] videos of Lucas? Since I drop in and out of this place, this is the first I'm hearing of it)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
lolgigabowser

Does this mean anything though? Cause if it's a joke, I really don't get it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I love how poeple here assume things as granted without any official reveal from the PMBR. :p

And yeah, Giga Bowser's picture has something very meaningful to it. It means we confirmed That Zero suit Dedede will be in the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom