• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I love how poeple here assume things as granted without any official reveal from the PMBR. :p

And yeah, Giga Bowser's picture has something very meaningful to it. It means we confirmed That Zero suit Dedede will be in the demo.
So nothing then. Kay. Thanks Vigi. :3

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I love how poeple here assume things as granted without any official reveal from the PMBR. :p

And yeah, Giga Bowser's picture has something very meaningful to it. It means we confirmed That Zero suit Dedede will be in the demo.
I don't assume anything. I know for a fact that Kirby will be in the demo, and will be given Nana's stare.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Nana's stare is an instant KO move. Too bad it actually KOs the player and not the character on screen.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
Seeing how JCaesar said in the end of February that between then and the demo they will be working on potential characters. Since then Lucas had his side B, jab, and uthrow changed completely (latest build coming from the end of march) That being said, I think it's highly likely that Lucas will stay in Ver2., unless they changed their minds since, like, yesterday.

iLink

Smash Champion
Oh I also forgot to ask. How's wolf's dacus? I assume it'll be different considering the new dash attack/usmash.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Its definitely not an April's Fool joke. You guys can trust me cause I never troll.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
does any of the PMBR have conections with Jaxel from 8 way run? Or have any of you ever been to one of there game nights? I ask this because i think it would be a good idea to tell him about Project M, since hes started showing smash bros on his streams and youtube now.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
So is there a given schedule for when a character confirmation is released? Or do you gents post it whenever you all feel like it o.o

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm getting a head ache thinking about Avatar and ff7 and Brawl and super ghouls'n'ghosts and street footsies 4 and capcom vs games and oot and super paper mario.

Can we talk about things that aren't terrible now? Like Arcana Heart or Melee or Disgaea?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Since everyone seems to agree that Lucas is the suspected demo 1 character to be left out, can I ask what's been changed on him since the first demo? Or why everyone's so convinced he's not coming back?
Lucas's bair and dair received complete overhauls. Bair is now like a ridiculously disjointed knee, and I think it gets a buff from Offense Up, although I'm not positive on that. Dair is now a faster single hit spike behind Lucas, with a hit on the front that combos into the spiking hitbox. At this point, I think PK Freeze is more or less unchanged--I think they took out the silly angle on the grounded version. PK Thunder is practically useless now, and is much less effective as a recovery due to PKT1 being out for less time, allowing for less mix-ups on direction. PSI Magnet does this weird momentum thing, and knocks opponents up and towards Lucas and is JCable after the hitbox.

As to why, I think the official line is Lucas's balance isn't 100% stable yet. Numbers are still being tweaked.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
@ph00t

Do u mind editing your post I don't think the quotes came out right...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
To be fair, I really stopped playing Lucas when they changed PK Thunder, so most of the changes I listed may be inaccurate.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Lucas's bair and dair received complete overhauls. Bair is now like a ridiculously disjointed knee, and I think it gets a buff from Offense Up, although I'm not positive on that. Dair is now a faster single hit spike behind Lucas, with a hit on the front that combos into the spiking hitbox. At this point, I think PK Freeze is more or less unchanged--I think they took out the silly angle on the grounded version. PK Thunder is practically useless now, and is much less effective as a recovery due to PKT1 being out for less time, allowing for less mix-ups on direction. PSI Magnet does this weird momentum thing, and knocks opponents up and towards Lucas and is JCable after the hitbox.

As to why, I think the official line is Lucas's balance isn't 100% stable yet. Numbers are still being tweaked.
Almost all of this is currently incorrect.

Lucas Bair is a strong killer active for two frames with almost no disjoint at all, and it is not regulated by OU (that was an idea we toyed with for a single day).

Dair hits frames 10-13, which is faster than demo 1's bair meteor (17ish) but slower than demo 1 dair (4ish). It is single hit, but is a meteor and not a spike.

PK Freeze physics are pretty similar to demo 1 Lucas but it has a trade-off in that it has much greater advantage on hit but is now single hit (no pillar) and can be intercepted with an attack. More reward for use as a mixup, less incentive to spam.

Since whenever you played PKT1 duration was lengthened and additionally, although the range is shorter he travels faster and gains DI-ability earlier, allowing for some DI landing mixups. Additionally Tether is now a legitimate unhoggable, (somewhat) hitbox-protected recovery, which is largely what triggered the need for trimming back PKT2 a little bit.

Magnet hasn't homed in on the opponent in a little while. It's sort of like a multi-hit absorbing shine of sorts... lot's of interesting applications combined with DJC.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
WGS, just give them free advertising in Pokemon Abridged in exchange for becoming a playtester. That way you'd know exactly what's up with Lucas.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm getting a head ache thinking about Avatar and ff7 and Brawl and super ghouls'n'ghosts and street footsies 4 and capcom vs games and oot and super paper mario.

Can we talk about things that aren't terrible now? Like Arcana Heart or Melee or Disgaea?
Aren't FF7, Ghouls n' Goblins, SF, Marvel vs Capcom, OoT and Super Paper Mario good things?

Arcana Heart is good? Since when?

SpiderMan> every little girl in that silly game.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I can confirm that based on the build I played a week or two ago, phoot's descriptions are mostly inaccurate.

Main changes to moves from the demo would be:
PKF goes faster/farther when used on the ground
Bair is a powerful move, it's kind of slow though (it's become less powerful and quicker since the last time I had used him). I......suppose it's sort of like the knee, it's slower though, and the range isn't that great. Doesn't look disjointed either but I'm not sure about that.
Dair is an axe kick kind of like Sonic's new fair. It's a meteor and hits in front of and below him. I think all of it meteors.
Utilt is like a backflip kick that arcs over him.
PKT2 goes plenty far, still not as far as vBrawl though. PKT1 is shorter and less powerful since it was a ridiculously good edgeguarding move with the added hitstun and generally higher gravity.
Psi Magnet is smaller (the actual animation not just the hitbox), it sends up and behind. Doesn't drag you towards the enemy any more.
Uthrow is now kind of like Mewtwo's. He swirls them around his head for a bit and then launches them. It's very powerful.
Jab has a longer range and is generally a bit different. No stick jab and it still hits three times.
Dtilt is a lot faster, it works very similarly to Zelda's dtilt but more powerful I think.

Other changes from the demo are just numbers, not actual animation changes iirc

Ninja'd by SHeLL, but he got some stuff I missed I guess

Master WGS

Smash Lord
WGS, just give them free advertising in Pokemon Abridged in exchange for becoming a playtester. That way you'd know exactly what's up with Lucas.
lol Tossed around the idea, and I'd still be totally up for it, but I ended up thinking that we don't have any real credentials in the Smash community to be taken seriously.

But again - if you guys want free advertising from the bad boys of the abridging community, an updated version of your Project would get you far. :D

Also regarding Lucas - Never seen any mention about this so I'm just shooting in the dark - will Lucas' Psi Charge thing be able to hold a partial charge ever a la DK's Charge punch? Also, super thanks for clearing stuff up those of you who have more recent/updated versions to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom