• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
For this music thing, at the VERY LEAST Fountain needs music. Seriously, it's so annoying having Mario Bros. music for people who don't music hack -_-

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone wouldn't want to have the team colors and added music. I agree, Supreme; it's jarring to go on Fountain of Dreams and hear the Mario Bros. music and to go on Metal Cavern and hear the Mushroomy Kingdom theme. Why add new stages if you aren't going to add the appropriate music? Lol. Also, I don't think anyone particularly cares for the slightly red-tinted but still blue Sonic.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
I think this is an interesting discussion point with the public, really.

Most of you who read this thread are significantly better educated about Brawl modding than the general public, and having an included set of music/team textures would more likely interfere with you than anybody else.

Should Project M include a standard set of music for new stages? What about team color textures? Or should they be an optional extra, even if heavily recommended for tournament play? Either way, what should the music/textures even be?

Just something to discuss.
I personally think team textures should be included since the default Sonic, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer recolors are quite awful. But if those were included, they should definitely have CSPs, BPs, and victory portraits. Maybe it's just me, but having those team colors for Sonic in the first demo without a CSP to go along with them really bothered me. So I made some of my own :awesome:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
They would have to be good textures though. IIRC the Sonic ones were like solid green and red and didn't look that good, even though they were distinguishable as colors.

Couch

Smash Cadet
it would be cool if the team could include some custom textures for characters to spice things up. I say this because it would be cool, and I haven't quite figured out how to import character textures, or anything like that.

mariodk

Smash Ace
Where did this come from?
i made the model import
i was just sharing this preview here since i know afew of you ppl like to have a oneslot dr. mario for project: M
also i made dr. mario/normal mario possible in one moveset (active dr. mario by a taunt so he change outfit from normal to dr.) cuz i also made a other version of this model i made for one of my PSAs(SMBZ mario PSA so doc can transfrom to fire mario) so if Project: M wanted it we can get Dr. mario+normal mario outfit changer in the PSA
by using a taunt so it feel even more like dr. mario/normal mario moveset in one not changer moveset but just outfit (maybe just change the side-smash GFX/hiteffect but thats all)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah we'd definitely be interested in exploring that and possibly using it with your permission. Send me a PM with the details, if you please.

mariodk

Smash Ace
Yeah we'd definitely be interested in exploring that and possibly using it with your permission. Send me a PM with the details, if you please.
Project: M got my permission to use it since i wanted to have dr. mario+mario at same time in Project: M and the best way we can do that is my idea

oksas

oak-sauce
Most of you who read this thread are significantly better educated about Brawl modding than the general public, and having an included set of music/team textures would more likely interfere with you than anybody else.

Should Project M include a standard set of music for new stages? What about team color textures? Or should they be an optional extra, even if heavily recommended for tournament play? Either way, what should the music/textures even be?
These recommended extras should, I think, be included at least in an "extras" folder or something like that.

I don't remember who exactly it was, but for demo 1, someone compiled an add-on called Simple/Advanced Red/Blue, which was very easy to install and seemed really well put together. I think it would be best if PMBR included the "essentials" (team color textures etc) but left it up to the rest of the community for larger custom packs that could include new 3rd party stages (perhaps only PMBR approved ones?), stage select screen graphics, music, textures, etc. That way the PMBR could wait for individuals to compile such add-on packs and could provide links to these alongside the download for PM, provided said add-ons are well documented and well organized.

I do wonder how the community/PMBR is going to handle new stages as the game evolves? There's potential for PM's 'legal' stage roster to be constantly expanding and changing, but it's tougher in the context of tourneys. So is someone going to establish a standard? There are certainly some good stages out there (new ones, not melee replicas) that have potential to be tourney-friendly (such as Dracula's Castle), and it would be a shame if they were neglected.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
If you want my opinion the custom stages should have their music files included automatically and the team colors should be included as an option. People get mad at the littlest things, but I don't think Fountain of Dreams playing Kirby music will cause much of an outrage.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Project: M got my permission to use it since i wanted to have dr. mario+mario at same time in Project: M and the best way we can do that is my idea
Cool. I sent you a PM to discuss how this could work.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
No promises on it making it into Demo 2 (13 days) but we're gonna work with mariodk to try and make something sexy for the future.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
it would be cool if the team could include some custom textures for characters to spice things up. I say this because it would be cool, and I haven't quite figured out how to import character textures, or anything like that.
Ah, do you know how to add custom songs atleast? It's pretty much the same thing.

i made the model import
i was just sharing this preview here since i know afew of you ppl like to have a oneslot dr. mario for project: M
also i made dr. mario/normal mario possible in one moveset (active dr. mario by a taunt so he change outfit from normal to dr.) cuz i also made a other version of this model i made for one of my PSAs(SMBZ mario PSA so doc can transfrom to fire mario) so if Project: M wanted it we can get Dr. mario+normal mario outfit changer in the PSA
by using a taunt so it feel even more like dr. mario/normal mario moveset in one not changer moveset but just outfit (maybe just change the side-smash GFX/hiteffect but thats all)
Wow that's an amazing import you got there. Can this be done with Mewtwo or Roy?

mariodk

Smash Ace
Ah, do you know how to add custom songs atleast? It's pretty much the same thing.

Wow that's an amazing import you got there. Can this be done with Mewtwo or Roy?
i dont think mewtwo/lucario in one model and change model by a taunt
and roy/marth also alittle unsure you can
but i know you can with mario after all i made a PSA with fire mario transfrom and soon dr. mario/fire mario(same model that can be used for my idea to mario for P:M but with normal mario texture)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The biggest issue for example is that Roy would fight exactly like Marth. While it is possible to load a different movesets, the possibility is quite present that we may surpass the filesize limit if we do. Mario is a hybrid, so if we do this with the Dr. Mario texture, it would require less space.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I know my opinion doesn't matter much, but personally I'd think something like this wouldn't be in the PMBR's best interest. Last I checked P:M's goal was to be as professional as possible, and while mariodk's work is absolutely incredible, it also screams "HAX". I think P:M is better off with Mario and Doc integrated into one character, though a costume change with no moveset change or Doc as an alt texture would still be fine IMO.

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, if we incorporated it, it would be purely aesthetic. F-smash would look electric or something, maybe pills if that was feasible, white cape. I'm more of a supporter of holding the taunt button during the character entry though, not mid match.

We'll see about it, but yeah, we already have a solid hybrid, so the moves wouldn't actually change according to me.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
Well, if we incorporated it, it would be purely aesthetic. F-smash would look electric or something, maybe pills if that was feasible, white cape. I'm more of a supporter of holding the taunt button during the character entry though, not mid match.

We'll see about it, but yeah, we already have a solid hybrid, so the moves wouldn't actually change according to me.
i am in favor of this opinion, word for word.
it's times like these where i wish my opinion mattered, but at least my views are coincidentally represented through Vigilante.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think P:M is better off with Mario and Doc integrated into one character, though a costume change with no moveset change or Doc as an alt texture would still be fine IMO.
That's what they were already doing (or so I thought). I don't think that they were considering the "moveset swap" for Project M; mariodk was just posting what he was planning on doing with the model for his personal use.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
i am in favor of this opinion, word for word.
it's times like these where i wish my opinion mattered, but at least my views are coincidentally represented through Vigilante.
Opinions like yours always matter. Just be aware that a LOT of discussion happens in the BR and IRC as well. When it seems like your thoughts have been ignored, it usually means they were brought up and/or addressed in one of our discussions already.

We don't ever want you guys to feel like your opinion doesn't matter, because you guys are like the blood of PM.

Maybe if someone gives me a model for Dr. Mario's Pill......

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
i dont think mewtwo/lucario in one model and change model by a taunt
and roy/marth also alittle unsure you can
but i know you can with mario after all i made a PSA with fire mario transfrom and soon dr. mario/fire mario(same model that can be used for my idea to mario for P:M but with normal mario texture)
Oh my bad I meant that can you import a Mewtwo or Roy model? Forget about the taunt thing

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yeah, your oppinions do matter. A large majority of Project M staff read every post, but there are so many that we can't answer them all. Part of demo 2's purpose is to get it publicly tested and to get feedback from you guys.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
It seems to me that Slowpoke fainted;)
That just ruined my day.

Also, forget bringing in the models for Doc, Mewtwo, or Roy. Popular consensus shows that you should bring in the model for Guy.

EDIT: Nevermind, it turns out you can select slowpoke as your default. So yeah, Slowpoke World Forums forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom