• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I honestly don't see any "weakness" in pikachu. Well, I guess he's light? But think about it:

Amazing recovery, excellent onstage and offstage game, great kill power, a good projectile, good shffls, powerful edgeguarding tools..

It's almost like there is no flaws lol

Such a good character lol

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
You guys are crazy. We all know the only reason a Ganondorf didn't win was because Magus wasn't able to play on day two.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I honestly don't see any "weakness" in pikachu. Well, I guess he's light? But think about it:

Amazing recovery, excellent onstage and offstage game, great kill power, a good projectile, good shffls, powerful edgeguarding tools..

Like a legal Meta Knight XD

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

True true. One reason I love him besides the fact he's Pikachu. XD

Basically his weaknesses lie around his lightness, which make him easy to kill at low percents, and the hitstun makes him easy to combo. Many of his specials can be reflected/absorbed, his standing grab range is lol, and his dsmash is easily DIable. Some of his aerials don't have much range when compared to others, too. Honestly I think he's pretty weak to shieldgrabbing, but that's probably just my playstyle.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
When I gather all the vids of Chu's Pikachu (or PikaChudat as we were calling him), I'm gonna post them on the Smashmods Pikachu boards and say, "Meet your new god!"

TheLake

Smash Master
yooooooooooooooooo my B lol i thought it was gunblade but then i saw gunblaze posting and got confused.

-Carroll

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry, he felt he was playing bad because he was sick and didn't want any videos put up.

Haha it's an understandable mistake Carroll. But yeah that was Gunblade. And thanks for beating him, because I dunno if I could have haha.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That loser plays Green Ganon. No one likes Green Ganon.

Also, believe it or not, the majority of Ganons have far better tech skill than Kage. And if that's possible, he's clearly not a god. Just godlike in every other aspect of his play.

leelue

Smash Lord
Sethlon, I like you.
No bromo.
Thanks for actually trying to be helpful. And by trying to be helpful, I mean knowing about my playstyle, being realistic about sonic's game, and detailing your answer. If I could upvote you, I would.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Sounds like I pissed alot of people off. When I said it "put a stain on the results"so many people jumped on ignoring the last part of that sentence."for me personally?"

so yeah...shut up right back. I also went on to say that it was a good sign seeing characters like Zelda and Wario in the top five with characters like Puff. So yeah...read everything I say before you jump on the first few words of a post.
Adding that qualifier to your message doesn't make it any less rude.

"Bosnians are the scum of the earth and should be killed, in my PERSONAL opinion."

`dazrin

Smash Champion
who wants to talk about ROB?
Sure.

I think he's a solid character. great pokes, versatile projectiles, great offstage game, great edgeguarding game.

However, he's really easily gimped, doesn't have alot of power on ground, alot of his aerials are very slow, he moves slow in general and, oh did I mention he's VERY easily gimped?

One BC player even went so far as to say he was like yoshi 2.0 lol
It's not THAT bad, but yeah he's easily gimped.

In relation to the rest of the cast, I'd say he's mediocre. I feel like there are plenty other character that are better than him. Not by alot, but still.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i absolutely love robs fair, i think that in combinatoin with his new upb makes him a very intresting chracter with a lot of potential.

cmart

Smash Lord
Guess we're doing shoutouts in this thread....

Toaster Bros - You guys were both pretty cool, but way too quiet. I felt like I was pulling teeth trying to hang out with you haha. Next time we meet we'll have to get you to come to dinner with us so we can socialize more. Oh and you should keep working on that Link/Tlink Monk. I was mad apprehensive about fighting that in bracket, don't know why you went Bowser against me

Box of Danger Bros - It was cool to finally meet you guys. If I'm ever near Ohio I'll have to hit you all up.

Carroll Brosif - Good play, good friendlies. Too bad we didn't meet in tourney or get anything recorded. You have the Best D3 I've played personally - I'm sure once you get more matchup experience you'll be a monster

Yeroc - Next time I'ma have to take you out to a nice dinner. <3

Vanguard & SOJ - Good times guys. You're both really improving. Hope we can hang out more in the future now that you're done with college

Magus - Sorry you weren't feeling well, I really enjoyed all the friendlies we did tho - you know some really dirty tricks and I think I learned a lot. And of course, thanks again for housing

Ryoko - Too good. : D

JC - Why would I do a shoutout to you again?

Anyone and everyone else - It's always mad fun getting to play new people, and seeing people, really cool people enjoying a game you've worked on. Project M is magical to me, and I'm glad you're all enjoying it.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a BSRAR for Japanese brawl voices + melee hit sound effects?

I found out (through trial and error) how to edit my iso and how to replace the existing BSRAR with one you downloaded. Only problem is now that I want both japanese brawl voices (which is one BSRAR) and I want Melee hit SFX (which is another BSRAR)

Is there any way I can merge the two or something? Assuming no one has made something like this yet
Use Sawndz to add the Melee hit SFX to a Japanese BRSAR, or if you are having trouble doing that:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8razd7u6x2qtd21

There you go. Japanese + Melee hit SFX

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Link is a spammy campy *** in this game but he's a little better. The lack of melee tether really hurts him alot considering his tether in this game is WAY too short. Only real problem I have with him. Aside from that he's ok.

also...am I the only one watching the stream?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A

A) outside of sonic's spring, his offstage game is not very good. Out of the 20ish characters I can talk about, sonic has a worse "offstage game" than a majority of them. If you think his offstage game is up to par with Mario, luigi, DK, captain, ganon, sheik, pit, marth, ike, pikachu, puff, fox, link, or DDD, you're crazy. That, and Bowser, game&watch and falco have rewards when they go offstage. We know them as kills. What other character meteors people at 100 and has them live like it's no problem? I have video. If you think slow aerials with little range, a nair that has the weakest sourspot known to man (its hard to sweetspot when you have exactly 3 frames to work with and Zero range and priority) and this comedian homing attack amount to an offstage game worth lauding about, you're crazy. He has horrendous aerial mobility, and a lot of subpar options. You must be talking about sonic vs DK if you don't think that I go offstage, because I will against other characters if sonic can. You know, unless spring is just 1000x a better option which it often is (see link, cfalc, ike, marth, etc). Maybe I'm buggin but I'm pretty sure that I go offstage against characters he can go up against. There are a few that he can't just can't go out and get, though. DK. Mario. Marth. I can go on. Not to mention that sonic has a garbage RAR which prevents him from taking his best offstage option with him when he wants it at times. And since he can't easily hop out backwards and cover space like falco, sheik, fox, link, DK etc... no wonder I'm apprehensive. If the opponent is able to avoid the first jump out, sonic has to come back. His recovery is entirely vertical after he loses his double jump so he can't go out too far without dying. Let's not forget that sonic's recovery is perfectly gimpable and it takes a long time for him to get back. And all that was just point A).

B) So... running away doesn't count as avoiding an attack? Or spinning away? Or springing (which is what he meant btw. Eli must not have read the sig.) Watch the videos. Whenever I'm near an opponent and we are within range of one another, it's an easy bet that I'm probably trying to get away from whatever the opponent is doing. Or jabbing. I need you to point out matches where avoiding attacks isn't #1 on my MO.

C) What are these kill setups? Saying he has a bunch and not listing them isn't helping me step my game up. However, if they are unsafe then that's probably why I'm not using them. I don't know where you inferred that I'm a reckless player, but that's pretty much the antithesis of my playstyle. Please inform me. Because dtilt doesnt link well at kill% (its also unbelievable in how unsafe it is... it moves you into a shield grab...). Up tilt doesnt. Up throw doesn't. Up air doesn't. Dair might, but it is fairly unsafe and telegraphs itself. So you tell me what I'm missing. I dont grab enough? Sonic has a hard time shield grabbing, and even if he did, get the grab, his grab game is without reward. Let's be real. I don't use nair enough? Maybe because sonic has a garbage shffl game and also because the move requires me to be in danger to use. Unless of course, my plan is to deal 0% when my opponent uses their nair back.
Dair does set up pretty well for kill moves (just pretend that platform isn't there haha). There are some places you can sneak it in without it being able to be punished...I've found that as long as you don't whiff it in a neutral position or space badly so they can shield grab it, overB afterwards makes it safe. You can tech chase with dair and still have time to chase with overB if they chose a different option. You can also use it out of shield for a beefy punish.

OverB can set up pretty well for kills too, you just have to maneuver it right. I still think overB turnaround to bair is a nice finish (although this example is at lower % than where the set up is usually used), and wavedash cancels can set up for uairs/bairs and tech chase smashes on fast fallers.

Overall IMO he can set up kill moves, but just not easily. He doesn't have a go-to kill set up that stacks the reward part of risk-reward in his favor, so you have to kind of play it safe and take it as it comes (but as I understand, thats how you like to play anyways ;)).

I haven't had too much luck going offstage either. It seems like Sonic controls the space right in front of the ledge really well (with spring/run off fair), but anything further and he needs to take a risk. Homing is nice, but only if you can get a read on their double jump/upB, and have a really good idea of how the homing actually works. Maybe we can do some stuff like moonwalk -> jump off bair or spindash -> RAR jump off aerials for longer distance, but its scary. We definitely need to save our double jump for getting back to the stage safely.

Nair IMO isn't a good move for fighting against other moves, but you can get in with it faster than other aerials. Just have to make sure that your opponent whiffed something or is expecting to shield. OverB afterwards makes is quite safe, and puts on good shield damage.
Sonic has plenty of off stage options, as long as you aren't to far from the stage sonic can get away with doing 2 aerial attacks (other then dair) before needing to recover (3 if you count after spring jump). You can also use your ground jump to get as far from the stage as possible and use your second jump to recover, and encase your to below the stage you can use up-b or air dodge to recover.

Also using dair as a way to knock them farther away the stage work, but it only works
when using a full jump over the stage first, so you have enough time to double jump back, and up-b to return to the stage.

Also out of a full jump off the stage you can get away with missing 1 homing attack to safely recover back to the stage. You can use Side-b to get back to the stage when far away, just be sure not to use you double jump before hand.

The attack i mostly use (Offstage) are Fair, Dair, Nair, Bair, and Homing attack. I never use the spring at as tool because it's unreliable unless your in they're face.
-
About the Escape, that sounds about right. I guess i will have to see more of your matches, the ones i watched are now 4 days old.
-
About the Kill setups, you guys listed most of them. Dair, Fair, Side-B (jump canceled), U-smash, and the iffy Uair (Really hard to setup kill with it but it's possible).
-
Now back to Ai research

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So I'm a few pages too late (had to sleep for work). But I am quite disappointed to hear that the team is backpedaling now from doing a character pack in the fall.

It was something to look forward to and hype up the game among friends. Great headlines too for new characters and keeping people interested next season.

v2 is a very different story from the incomplete feeling v1 imho and I feel keeping the current player base is imperative.

Not trying to be salty even if I am a little, just want the best for the game that I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom