• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So I'm a few pages too late (had to sleep for work). But I am quite disappointed to hear that the team is backpedaling now from doing a character pack in the fall.

It was something to look forward to and hype up the game among friends. Great headlines too for new characters and keeping people interested next season.

v2 is a very different story from the incomplete feeling v1 imho and I feel keeping the current player base is imperative.

Not trying to be salty even if I am a little, just want the best for the game that I love.
If you're talking about yeroc's post, it was a miscommunication. There's nothing to backpedal from if they never intended to follow that kind of plan in the first place.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Bug report: the game doesn't treat c-stick set to attack (rather than smash) correctly. With attack-stick on, forward/back will give you a forward tilt as per usual, but down/up will result in downsmash/upsmash. Is this known/fixable?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Following this thread too closely over time isn't good for the soul lol.

Whether it happens or not, leaning toward not, it is still an excellent idea to release a few characters over time.

So I'll drop it now from the thread, but the idea will live on in my soul. PMBR, think about it. :cool:

`dazrin

Smash Champion
If you're talking about yeroc's post, it was a miscommunication. There's nothing to backpedal from if they never intended to follow that kind of plan in the first place.
Already said it^

lol

Uh, (..to pour some water on the hellflames that are beginning to burn in this thread..)

Guys. There is no character patch that is coming out this fall.

That was supposedly a mistake involving miscommunication on the PMBR's side.

Don't expect anything like that to be happening until a v3 is released.

Thanks

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you cant buffer with cstick and something to do with shoulder buttons (I already forgot what strongbad said lol). I know it messes with wavedashes in general, not sure about out of shield specifically though

Revven

FrankerZ
you cant buffer with cstick and something to do with shoulder buttons (I already forgot what strongbad said lol). I know it messes with wavedashes in general, not sure about out of shield specifically though
1) Air dodges will be recognized from light presses
2) You cannot WD OoS like you can in the normal build, which is a half press on one shoulder button and a full press on the other. The only way to WD OoS is to let go of the current shield button you have pressed down and then either jump and re-press or jump and press the other shoulder button.

#1 is pretty huge as in Melee air dodges are not recognized, ever, when light pressed. Only when you full press.

iLink

Smash Champion
I actually didn't mind the light press giving me an airdodge. I suffered an injury on that finger and pressing it lightly put a lot less strain on it then pressing it down all the way.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So you can light airdodge at the expense of no light shield, interesting.

But light airdodge would make wavedashing easier overall, I assume?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Would there be a problem with that? I don't really like pushing R all the way down, so I prefer light airdodging.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it's important to the Melee feel of the game, so yes there is a problem with that.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
WDing with lightpress feels like garbage lol

grumble grumble hate wifi grumble grumble

edit:

Are the toaster bros home yet?
I've gotten as far as getting an edited iso loading up in CFG loader, but when I try to boot it, it says theres an error: id mismatch and nothing happens.

wahh. :<

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'll give shoutouts to everyone when I'm not super sleepy. Gave a bunch of people rep/comments on the smashmod forums though.

Wish I could've played all of you more. Next time I'm not entering Melee. That was stupid of me.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
hmmm I was thinking of making a Project M Video but....not sure if I'll be able to get all the footage I want. I want to have at least 1 good combo from all 29 characters....well I've given myself to the end of the summer to complete it but...I imagine it would be easier if I got footage from other people instead of only using footage from my own smash circle.

Anyone want to contribute some footage?

Ecks

Smash Lord
I personally think that lightpress wavedashes feel more natural. I don't feel like I'm breaking something when wavedashing many times in a row (wave landing also feels like butter).

Buuuut, I already said this like a year ago. That horse is long dead.

Starscream

Smash Ace
whether we get used to them or not, I think it's a fact that they look janky simply because the animations are so exaggerated and they don't look natural at Melee speed. f-tilt doesn't look too bad but the angled ones look janky as hell
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. If you ask me, keep the neutral f-tilt the same as Brawl and match the speed and hitbox data or whatever, but make the angled f-tilt like Melee's.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Just gotta wait for the toaster twins to come home and help me get SFX with a usbloader lol
Did they help you in the end?
I've been wanting to get melee SFX working by editing the iso, but I have no idea how.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Toaster Bros - You guys were both pretty cool, but way too quiet. I felt like I was pulling teeth trying to hang out with you haha. Next time we meet we'll have to get you to come to dinner with us so we can socialize more. Oh and you should keep working on that Link/Tlink Monk. I was mad apprehensive about fighting that in bracket, don't know why you went Bowser against me
I don't even use Link lol. I have only used Link a few times and that was months before Zenith so I'm surprised I almost beat your Bowser. Link is more fun that TL anyways.

GunBlaze: why do you respond with only images?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Did they help you in the end?
I've been wanting to get melee SFX working by editing the iso, but I have no idea how.
It's really easy. Just use wiiscrubber (google it) to replace the iso's smashbros_sound.brsar with your custom one. It's very similar to adding it to your SD, since it has the same folders and names.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It's really easy. Just use wiiscrubber (google it) to replace the iso's smashbros_sound.brsar with your custom one. It's very similar to adding it to your SD, since it has the same folders and names.
The only thing I've ever added to the SD card was PM(and the stuff to usb load, as my friend's wii doesn't read anything anymore), but if it's simple then I'll give it a shot, thanks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
At future Project M tournaments, I think that instead of giving byes to top players, we should make them fight Level 9 CPUs. Thoughts?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Tournament Mode Status
Sounds fun though lol, might have to do that for the next Bowser's Revenge if time allows for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom