• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The only thing I've ever added to the SD card was PM(and the stuff to usb load, as my friend's wii doesn't read anything anymore), but if it's simple then I'll give it a shot, thanks.
Well since you haven't done it before, here's a small step by step.

1.Open wiiscrubber and open the game image (.iso file)
2.Wiiscrubber will give you a bunch of messages. Just click ok till it finishes loading.
3.click the little + on partition:0, then scroll down and do the same to the sound file.
4.You'll notice a file called "smashbros_sound.brsar" under sound. Right click to replace this file with yours and click ok as many times as you have to again.
5.Load the game via usb loader. (ask for help at the irc if you don't know how)

You may want to extract this file in case you want to go back later, but you could easily find it online anyway.

NeoZ

Smash Ace

2.Wiiscrubber will give you a bunch of messages. Just click ok till it finishes loading.
3.click the little + on partition:0, then scroll down and do the same to the sound file.
4.You'll notice a file called "smashbros_sound.brsar" under sound. Right click to replace this file with yours and click ok as many times as you have to again.

You may want to extract this file in case you want to go back later, but you could easily find it online anyway.
:O
Thank you.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I was recording a live-action Project M movie for my Calculus class while that was going on. I caught the last 10 minutes of it, though.

Your Ganon is awesome.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman

I made a boxed art for whoever cares. The DPI is **** though, so bad decision on my part. Should have made it a vector. Too late now.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
It's pretty cool, but I would have had Ike team up with Lucario for a doubles match. Only fair now.
Pun?

I'm kind of disappointed there isn't anything on the back, although I'm not sure what I'd put there. If loaded my game from a disc rather than USB loader, I'd be using that. It's pretty awesome.

MaxThunder

PM Support
hmmm I was thinking of making a Project M Video but....not sure if I'll be able to get all the footage I want. I want to have at least 1 good combo from all 29 characters....well I've given myself to the end of the summer to complete it but...I imagine it would be easier if I got footage from other people instead of only using footage from my own smash circle.

Anyone want to contribute some footage?
I could try contributing if i get something... but that would require me getting some friends over or something...
Best i've got atm is me actually hitting a friend with sing, f-smashing him into a wall and up-smashing him...

I made a boxed art for whoever cares. The DPI is **** though, so bad decision on my part. Should have made it a vector. Too late now.
Wooh that's really good=)... too bad you didn't make it vector, but it's not too late... http://vectormagic.com/home... you can get it converted to vector there... you get two free ones, even...

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
If I were to convert to vector, I'd do it manually. I'm burned out on working on it for today. Maybe another day.

I was inspired by similar box arts by a different guy.

If you want to convert to vector on your own and repost that, please do.

MaxThunder

PM Support
If I were to convert to vector, I'd do it manually. I'm burned out on working on it for today. Maybe another day.

I was inspired by similar box arts by a different guy.

If you want to convert to vector on your own and repost that, please do.
Is a lot less work, though... and doesn't take long either...

Mind telling me who?.. i'd like to check out his stuff...

I would, but I only have one of two downloads left on my free account... gonna save it for when i really need it...

`dazrin

Smash Champion

I figured this out on my own. The problem is that when I put back the edited .iso on my usb and try to run it, it says: "error: id mismatch wit!!" and I can't do anything.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I could try contributing if i get something... but that would require me getting some friends over or something...
Best i've got atm is me actually hitting a friend with sing, f-smashing him into a wall and up-smashing him...
It's alright. I want to get any and all footage of anything good together and make a vid.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, in case you guys are interested, here's a playlist of the entire PM singles bracket from a tournament this past Saturday. The results and bracket are the following:

1: Kels* :foxbrawl:/:sheikbrawl:
1: metroid* :ikebrawl:
3: ORLY* :bowserbrawl:
4: Viperboy :falcobrawl:
5: Raid :lucariobrawl:/:ganonbrawl:
5: Sveet :foxbrawl:
7: Scythe :lucariobrawl:/:falcobrawl:
7: Rat :robbrawl:/ :sonicbrawl:

*I had to catch a train, so Losers Finals and Grand Finals were Bo3 instead of Bo5. Kels won GF1 but I had to leave, so we split. I listed Kels first because at the rate he was adapting, he would've won GF2.

Just as a side note, the only people who had prior experience with Project M were Rat, ORLY, and me. The players that I played in bracket (Sveet, Viperboy, ORLY, and Kels) are better than me as players in general; in the Melee Singles tournament, I placed 13th out of 24 while Sveet placed 9th, Viperboy placed 5th, ORLY placed 4th, and Kels placed 1st.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
it's important to the Melee feel of the game, so yes there is a problem with that.
This, god forbid I committed so many SDs when I played Demo 1 because it recognized half presses as air dodge. I did get used to it eventually, but even then I would airdogde off the ledge trying to tech or l-cancel.

I know that I, and probably some others *****ed about small things like Fox's blaster animation looking silly. I'm happy that it got fixed, thank you PMBR, it's really those small detail-things that do make a difference.

I had my friend play Demo 2. He didn't say much but I could see that he was quite impressed, we was also concentrating on the playing. He enjoyed the buffs Pikachu has received. Only thing he said he didn't like was the control-feel of the Up-B. Apparently he felt it was more precise in Melee (like Sheik's Up-B control also).

Other than that, he just said: "This game is going to be so awesome when they have the full release".

Keep up the good work <3

E:

Metroid's Ike is so sexy <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idpB0-F8xR8&list=PL573D061F61B38445&index=3&feature=plpp_video

I think that Ike won't be considered nearly as good once people learn to play against him.
He seems to have clear weaknesses even though he's a fairly good character with a straightforward playstyle.
I can't wait for players like Metroid to do to Ike, what Ken and M2K did to Marth.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

I have in my possession a cover similiar to this, but it lacks the characters in the front. Was it yours?

E:

Metroid's Ike is so sexy <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idpB0-F8xR8&list=PL573D061F61B38445&index=3&feature=plpp_video

I think that Ike won't be considered nearly as good once people learn to play against him.
He seems to have clear weaknesses even though he's a fairly good character with a straightforward playstyle.
I can't wait for players like Metroid to do to Ike, what Ken and M2K did to Marth.
Dat Ike. Another of my subs gets a good exhibition.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Omg toaster bros. You have to save me from these awful brawl SFX ~.~"

Lol I've been trying to get this working for days... figured mostly everything myself.. the only problem is that cfg doesn't like loading my edited iso =/

sorry to keep bothering the P:M thread so much

Glynis1993

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I do really enjoy the actual internet-site!! This is certainly a fabulous page. All of us look forward to reading even more interesting information in which you’ll turn out to be publishing in the future. I have learned a whole lot by this. Thanks for your insight.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Omg toaster bros. You have to save me from these awful brawl SFX ~.~"

Lol I've been trying to get this working for days... figured mostly everything myself.. the only problem is that cfg doesn't like loading my edited iso =/

sorry to keep bothering the P:M thread so much
You could add either of us on AIM rather than waiting for one of us to arrive on the IRC.
Hey all, I do really enjoy the actual internet-site!! This is certainly a fabulous page. All of us look forward to reading even more interesting information in which you’ll turn out to be publishing in the future. I have learned a whole lot by this. Thanks for your insight.
lol

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I have in my possession a cover similiar to this, but it lacks the characters in the front. Was it yours?
If it has the same Project M logo (Which I also designed). Then yes it was mine.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/416986/dkxoy5.png

This is one of the boxarts I based mine on, I do no know who made this, and reverse image searches haven't turned up anything.

Also, reason I'd do the vectoring myself is because I don't trust any algorithm to do the process completely automatically for me. I'd want to double check the whole thing myself.

MaxThunder

PM Support
It's alright. I want to get any and all footage of anything good together and make a vid.
i'll see if i can send you that clip, then...

If it has the same Project M logo (Which I also designed). Then yes it was mine.

This is one of the boxarts I based mine on, I do no know who made this, and reverse image searches haven't turned up anything.

Also, reason I'd do the vectoring myself is because I don't trust any algorithm to do the process completely automatically for me. I'd want to double check the whole thing myself.
oooh...
anyways... it's not really hard to double check it...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
At the beginning of the stream for GFs, Carroll said that if Chu won, they split. If HB won, he got it all.

HB did win, so no split actually occurred. I'm still just not a fan of the practice all together.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
At the beginning of the stream for GFs, Carroll said that if Chu won, they split. If HB won, he got it all.

HB did win, so no split actually occurred. I'm still just not a fan of the practice all together.
Why would they do that?
I don't see why Chu would agree to those conditions, unless you're talking about winning only the first set and then splitting.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

This one?

http://imageshack.us/f/528/32735923933961945258515.jpg/

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

I agree with you 100%, however I know both players were really out to win here. Their concern with this was that it was a side event here at the tournament, and both players we're trying to keep as focused as they could on Melee, since this occurred between R1 and R2 of Melee, when they would be playing that game. They had wondered if we could hold off Project M GFs until later on, but we were unable to unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom