• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You do have a point. I was thinking that they'd combo into itself with regrabs, but for some odd reason it didn't occur to me you could set them up to avoid that. Still, it'd make things terribly easy and I want to avoid that lol.

Ground bounce from special aerials on grounded only opponents (stall than fall, etc) are more appropriate.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario in general is janky. I can't even give him a rating

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
So the suggestions for resetting my power cord don't appear to have worked. If my power supply DOES turn out to be fried, does anyone know if this is something GameStop can fix?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Oh **** I never even considered CC'ing the move. Like I was talking about how letting it hit normally the enemy ends up in the air with no hitstun, but now it's even more free.

But Wario gets punished for hitting the enemy with it.
Is your SD card messed up? You are definitely in hitstun until you hit the ground after Wario's dsmash in Project M. Wario has massive frame advantage on dsmash if it's not CCed.

MaxThunder

PM Support
So the suggestions for resetting my power cord don't appear to have worked. If my power supply DOES turn ut ti be fried, does anyone know if this is something GameStop can fix?
if it's just the power-chord... then i dunno if they sell those separately... you might have to order one online... but if you won't have anyone eelse with a wii, then people at gamestop might let you test a power-chord there to see if it's the problem...

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
That jigglypuff must have had some super human SDI or something because I just used the move and she jumped under the stage and pounded under the other side, jumped back up and rested me while I was in the recovery frames.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
no johns. reinstall p:m. bonus: your ike may work properly, and you can participate in our ike general discussion like a real person.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
There does seem to be some problems with Wario and it does seem like he gets destroyed by CCing. I thought of an idea for him regarding pressure in that on his second jab near his ending frames can be canceled into down-smash. It seems like it would feel good for the character and I think its interesting. I am not sure about how good his upsmash is or its usages, but I think it would be interesting to make it go airborne the further it is charged and it can perhaps be jump cancel-able at a certain height/frames. I don't know how this will fix his problems, but it sounds cool.

It general about CCing, I really do think that the Project M team should consider tweaking how it works. If the general usage is too ingrained or essential, perhaps certain moves could force standing knockback or something like Wario's tilts or something.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The fortunate thing about Wario in my eyes is that he does seem to have a general theme, and that's meaty attacks. Side B, nair, fair, bair, dair, and standard B are all meaty, which gives him a bit of leniency when timing attacks. The BKB, angle, and timing for a lot of them are just kind of whack.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well to be fair, he's kind of like that in Brawl. His attacks and timings are kinda quirky. A few things I don't understand though, his Uair sweetspot/non sweetspot knockback and damage. If you don't sweetspot it feels basically pointless, and the sweetspot location itself doesn't seem right. You'd expect it to be somewhere near his hands not his butt lol.

His Dair is kind of weird too. Most people don't like super falling dairs. Brawl has its fair share and most of them are useless or undesirable. I don't know how Wario's old Dair would fairly transfer over to Melee, but this change is for the worse overall I think. The 1 character that I think the falling Dair works with well is Sonic, for 2 main reasons. The first is because he can combo or knock you away and has the speed to run over and try to attempt it. He's overall fast enough that trying to be in position from a regular attack or throw or etc to even have a viable shot at Dair makes sense. His vertical recovery is also solid enough that he's not instantly screwed if he tries to edge guard or use it and misses. Wario has neither however. His vertical recovery minus wasting a fart is not that amazing (falls fast as well) and he's not as mobile from a regular hit for the most part to try and set up uses for it. It's cool that it bounces off the characters/shields and gives him control back, but actually applying it is hard and he would be better off with a different Dair.

What you guys nailed about Wario is keeping him unique and that Wario "feel" as far as moves you would expect him to have. His Side B, a classic from his games. The waft Bite and moves from Brawl. But applying some of his changes moves is harder because the game is faster paced, it's harder for him to corner or approach people vs Brawl, and his offense overall isn't really built to be Melee versed frankly.

iLink

Smash Champion
Well to be fair, he's kind of like that in Brawl. His attacks and timings are kinda quirky. A few things I don't understand though, his Uair sweetspot/non sweetspot knockback and damage. If you don't sweetspot it feels basically pointless, and the sweetspot location itself doesn't seem right. You'd expect it to be somewhere near his hands not his butt lol.
What? the sweetspot is around his hands and above his head. It's just kind of janky to hit because the weak hit actually comes before the sweetspot when he spreads his arms out so unless they are like, dead center above you, the weak hit will connect first before the actual clap.

iLink

Smash Champion
Eh, I really wouldn't compare them. I think it's literally only 1 frame difference between the weak hit and sweetspot. The thing is, the weak hit covers a lot of area so you won't get the sweetspot if they get in the way.

abcool

Smash Ace
I don't know how to deal with Projectiles as Wario for some reason. What i think needs adjusting with Wario is he could use some little tweaks to stuff like crouching out of side- B should allow a dashcancel so you can have better mixups for people that like to shield SB. An fart, OMG, that move is the most useless thing to me. You wait 2 mins for it to charge and if you try to use it and someone hits you the WHOLE MOVE IS CANCELLED.. wtf. Please alllow Wario to charge faster eachtime he eats a projectile.
http://youtu.be/zeUpun_8Qao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom