• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Dude get a life. It's been like that for ever. And obviously the PM team is working on it.

Fox is the only character with L cancel windows so small that it actual bothers people anyway...
You do realize, you're a dumb-*** right?

So because i provided some insight on what i felt i didn't like about the mod to maybe help improve it, i need a life? I don't see the correlation ******. Use some logic and try and respond to this realistically.

Okay, lets be real here for one second.

Obviously everyone here is excited for Project M. Everyone here wants to see things like Landing detection and DI fixed. Obviously Dant/Shanus/everyone on the PM team is working very hard to accomplish these goals, and please not just the hardcore melee community, but also the low tier community, and a lot of the brawl community as well...

So when people say "damn, I'm not gonna play the game if this isn't in it" or "last time I played the game it felt terrible because of this", especially when the team has heard these complaints and been aware of them for ages, you're just whining/trolling/trying to act like your opinion matters. And your opinion doesnt matter because if PM was released right now, you would download it, and you would make all your friends download it, and tournament hosts everywhere would still use it as a main event at their tournaments.

Instead of complaining (especially about things that have obviously been pointed out) be greatful and make original suggestions at best (though most of the ones I see are just fanboyish and irritating anyway) to try and contribute to the project...

So yeah. Next time someone says something like that I'm gonna call them out...
Lmao. You keep saying 'obviously' this and that, but did you fail to read the part where i said "i havent been keeping up with this thread if this has been a current discussion, just throwing it out there."

that basically kills your entire argument. I have no idea on what is being worked on the most, i'm not part of the team anymore, and as i said, i don't follow this thread. but that doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to come in here, provide some insight on something major that threw me off in the game that they may try and work on a little more, and continue on without getting flamed by some *******

you do realize complaining about something is in essence, contributing to the project right? Do you even know why alpha and beta projects are started before the game comes out in the first place?

Wow, and now a mod of the team is insulting me for providing. K, i'm over it. sorry i said anything. I thought i was providing some value.

By the way, refuse to play it =/= Didn't feel like playing at the venue anymore due to this 'issue'. I was just pointing out that it was a major issue for me personally, using the implication that i didn't feel like playing anymore.

you're just whining/trolling/trying to act like your opinion matters
i love this part, soo you decided that i was trolling, and apparently you decide who's opinion matters. who are you again?

@shanus

Actually, I bet he had issues with L-canceling during hitlag (since it didn't work until what, less than a month ago?), and not landing detection. I bet if he tried it now, he wouldn't notice the landing detection difference.
I'm not sure if that was it, because before we started we both wanted to hop around and practice lcancelling, like i kept trying to SHFFL[not on the opponent] and i wasn't sure if it was working, so i asked "Does it still flash when you l cancel?" and the guys like "yeah it does, you just need to l cancel alot earlier than your used to" I don't know if somehow i forgot that the lcancelling was that early, but a like 2 months back on the project, i don't remember having to lcancel that fast with fox, im sure changes were made.

I can say this easily in that transitioning from melee to PM takes really like 1 match in terms of L-canceling. L-canceling is by and far the quickest adaptation because the timing window is for most characters relatively the same. Now if your talking about things like SHL with falco, missile canceling with samus, etc, landing detection becomes infinitely more apparent.
I dunno, if it doesn't take too much time to get used to, that's cool, but i feel alot of people will judge the book by the cover, the first game is probably the most important in terms of getting people into the game. Especially when you bring it to a tournament where people take turns, and don't get a second chance to adapt more.

Him being grumpy shouldn't ruin his logic

also dant isn't trolling as much as mimic'ing me.

shanus

Smash Hero
trahh - you ignored my post which is the most important one out there

just ignore redhalb right now, i guess he is grumpy

and dant likes to troll.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Shanus responded nicely tho D:
dun be mad

edit: and he did it again @_@

Dant has permission to troll bcuz wizard.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I bet he had issues with L-canceling during hitlag (since it didn't work until what, less than a month ago?), and not landing detection. I bet if he tried it now, he wouldn't notice the landing detection difference.

I can say this easily in that transitioning from melee to PM takes really like 1 match in terms of L-canceling. L-canceling is by and far the quickest adaptation because the timing window is for most characters relatively the same. Now if your talking about things like SHL with falco, missile canceling with samus, etc, landing detection becomes infinitely more apparent.
So is this being worked on or is it just one of the "quirks" of Project M? If so it will be a major deterrent for many D:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Pretty sure L cancel window hasn't been touched in the last few months, besides allowing cancel during hitlag, which would make it easier to do. So..

So is this being worked on or is it just one of the "quirks" of Project M? If so it will be a major deterrent for many D:
It has been said many times that we're looking for a fix, but despite some comments to the contrary, the game is still playable and enjoyable in its current landing-detection state. And Dant said 4 posts above yours that he's thinking of looking into it again.

shanus

Smash Hero
nvm forgot you have no control of the smashboards.

-__-
my good looks only go so far :(

On this topic though, please post respectfully in this thread. This is directed to everyone, PMBR especially. If you cannot, I ask you not to post here.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
my good looks only go so far :(

On this topic though, please post respectfully in this thread. This is directed to everyone, PMBR especially. If you cannot, I ask you not to post here.
K sorry @_@

So what if TL got the ability to have his shield up during a wavedash?

shanus

Smash Hero
May or may not work. HIs la-bit set for reflect only appears to work during Wait.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
May or may not work. HIs la-bit set for reflect only appears to work during Wait.
but if it could work, would that be a possibly usable idea?
I want to be able to say i had at least 2 decent ideas during the course of this thread =_=

(it was my idea to make tether grabs able to grab airborne opponents :3)

JOE!

Smash Hero
say landing detection couldnt be fixed, could something be done to the l-cncel window to compensate?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I figured after i bodied your post you'd say something like that :]

'redhalberd'

rofl
LOL I didnt read any of your reply so I figured a generic "Hey Im better than you so Im gonna assume I'm right" reply would do the trick instead ;););)

Anyway in retrospect, I still get annoyed when people who haven't been keeping track come in and ask things that have been asked a thousand times. Isn't there a FAQ or something?

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, the L-cancel window is already pretty damn near exact. The only thing that would throw you off is people landing earlier from a short hop. Fox for example, he falls fast and has a really short SH so you kind of have to be quicker with your L-cancels than in Melee (not as much leeway since you land on your feet rather than your shins/knees). It doesn't take very long to get used to the timing at all, if you just sit down and play it for more than 2 matches you'll really have no trouble with it.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Anyway in retrospect, I still get annoyed when people who haven't been keeping track come in and ask things that have been asked a thousand times. Isn't there a FAQ or something?
Lol, so you're annoyed that I don't have time to read this thread every single day to catch up on what is and isn't discussed, yet you tell me to get a life, your logic is gonna make my brain explode.

"Hey Im better than you so Im gonna assume I'm right" reply would do the trick instead ;););)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M6a97eUXVk

Lol x 2. I hope you've gotten better since last month, cause i would absolutely trash you

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
say landing detection couldnt be fixed, could something be done to the l-cncel window to compensate?
There would probably be specific IASA in moves earlier to allow specific tricks to be used (Air Dodge IASA on Mario's Bair, or IASA into itself for Marth's fair for example), but there's nothing wrong with L-cancels being done a little earlier since the window is effectively easier to take advantage of right now.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Balance will happen when all of the characters' designs have become finalized. It's not too much to worry about, but it will be taken care of.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Lol, so you're annoyed that I don't have time to read this thread every single day to catch up on what is and isn't discussed, yet you tell me to get a life, your logic is gonna make my brain explode.
Your name is gonna make my head explode. Its like a gross combination of Rah Digga and Young Jeezy/insert rapper with eezy in their name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M6a97eUXVk

Lol x 2. I hope you've gotten better since last month, cause i would absolutely trash you
Na wouldn't happen. I'm ****. So I'd **** you.

I think this conversation is over bro. You win. Obviously ;)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Break it up, you two. If you want to continue this, go to PM's/VM's.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Moving on. I was wondering how Wifi support worked. We can't have P:M players play against Brawl players. It was probably already discussed, but people I introduce to this project won't quit asking me.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I other words, I should agree with my pals who ar enot too tech-savy to copy my settings on their SD file.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So, it'll be annoying, but desynching problems with codesets and stuff is way out of the picture for now. That's a post-release kind of thing to worry about IMO.

Darkji

Smash Cadet
So, it'll be annoying, but desynching problems with codesets and stuff is way out of the picture for now. That's a post-release kind of thing to worry about IMO.
Agree. Additionally, Wifi is laggy (and I guess, will always be), so i think this is the least important thing that P:M developpers should worry about.

IYM!

Smash Lord
will be cool

project m is doing a nice job bringing back falco , fox, sheik, Cfalcon, and all top characters, but i dondt want to see a bowser, a kirby, a ness or a Link (he was good, but dont be a good opponent agains top tiers)

i saw some recent videos, and i thing that, the PM guys are doing a nice job

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Thanks for the compliments IYM!. Could you retype the part of the not wanting to see a bowser, a kirby, a ness, or a link? Are you saying you don't want them to be top tiers?

Darkji

Smash Cadet
will be cool

project m is doing a nice job bringing back falco , fox, sheik, Cfalcon, and all top characters, but i dondt want to see a bowser, a kirby, a ness or a Link (he was good, but dont be a good opponent agains top tiers)

i saw some recent videos, and i thing that, the PM guys are doing a nice job
You'd better stay on Melee.

Ecks

Smash Lord
He probably means "I haven't seen any". speaking of witch, any ness videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom