• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Lol, try harder. I learnt to wave-shine in a few hours and I don't even main Fox.
I managed to wave shine twice after trying for 2 minutes or so.
Am i pro yet?

But like, if the RAR "buffing" people becomes stupid (unlikely) then couldn't they just make it so some people can only RAR later in their turn around animations? (like how in melee if you jump during it you don't turn around.)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
can anybody send me a leaked version of project M please via an PM :3?????
Absolutely not.

All but 1 Project M version out there are too outdated for it to even be worth playing at this point, and nobody's going to get their hands on that 1.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Felipe 9595 I got a leaked version but it's a bit outdated.....if you still want it, just PM me your name, social security number and your credit card info.

you should get it in the mail within a week

I R MarF

Smash Ace
You just made up a random list of characters that should have reverse ledge-grabs without any reason or justification as to why only these select few should have it. :/
LOL Random list? Fox, Falco, DK, Bowser, Falcon, Dorf, Link, and Yink could all reverse ledge grab in melee. Wolf is justified by being a spacie and Ike/Kirby have their fancy up-b meteors. I figured the list was self expanatory.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
being able to do it consistantly under pressure is a different thing, not to mention that you require perfect wavedashes to do it, and it has to be done quick enough that the opponent cant escape.

That takes more than a few hours...
I managed to wave shine twice after trying for 2 minutes or so.
Am i pro yet?
I can wave-shine consistently (I do screw up occasionally, but only once or twice a match). I can do it in matches and I can link it into other things including another wave-shine.

It really isn't any more difficult than doing a standard wave-dash, the button input is the same aside from an extra down-b at the start.

It might be worth mentioning that I jump with the control stick... Not sure if that makes it any easier.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I can wave-shine consistently (I do screw up occasionally, but only once or twice a match). I can do it in matches and I can link it into other things including another wave-shine.

It really isn't any more difficult than doing a standard wave-dash, the button input is the same aside from an extra down-b at the start.

It might be worth mentioning that I jump with the control stick... Not sure if that makes it any easier.
I don't use fawkx or falcoh so.. Link and Marth can't rly wave shine @_@

I should practice it.. mastering it helps with finger dexterity rite?
I'd also think using the control stick is harder <_> but i'm sure you already knew that and yer just bragging.
-has the technical ability of a fish-

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't use fawkx or falcoh so.. Link and Marth can't rly wave shine @_@

I should practice it.. mastering it helps with finger dexterity rite?
I'd also think using the control stick is harder <_> but i'm sure you already knew that and yer just bragging.
-has the technical ability of a fish-
I wasn't bragging, I know that Lovage uses the control stick for wave-shining too.

It's easier in the sense that your right hand is free to do whatever and you'd have less to think about while doing it.

But it's harder because you need to be faster.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I wasn't bragging, I know that Lovage uses the control stick for wave-shining too.

It's easier in the sense that your right hand is free to do whatever and you'd have less to think about while doing it.

Ya i know you weren't @_@ i was kidding
-internetsarcasmiseasytodetect-
I'm not fast enough to attempt it like that i bet =_= I'll have to try.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I have a simple question to the PM team:
Would it be possible for you guys to put in an indication for when you Meteor Cancel?
Brawl doesn't have any and Melee has 2:

A Big Whoosh sound
Blinking white for a few frames

Would it be possible to put in either of those as indicators?

Lovage

Smash Hero

nah i don't use stick for waveshines

*namesearchin*

D

Deleted member

It is equal in the respect that everyone gets it.

It isn't equal in the respect that some characters have more use for it.
Agreed.

Both of those are also traits of wave-dashing and to a lesser extent, L-cancelling. if you remove RAR, you should also remove wave-dashing and l-cancelling.
Disagree. This is not my point and you and I both know that this generalized conclusion is just wrong.

My point is that it may be in the best interest of the project to facilitate certain worse characters with the new ATs and leave them absent in the midst of top/high tier characters.

However good the top tier characters are, they will be better with these techniques. This presents a problem while trying to bridge the gap of balance when adjusting lower tier characters to their level. That previous level of Melee Fox doesn't exist. It is now Fox 2.0 and consequently is better than Melee Fox.

I understand this is the aim of the project, however I, personally fail to see the need to change Fox/Falco/Jiggs/Sheik/Marth. For other characters, I see a very clear and obvious need to change.

End of topic. Don't want to beat a dead horse.

G

genkaku

I've come to the conclusion that whenever I come across the phrase "your/my point" it's best to stop reading, 'cause it's just going to be a long and fruitless argument that does nothing to expand on earlier posts.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
lol i have actually seen the leaked version that is out... someone brought it to a smashfest. its not even worth it lol trust me. compared to everything that has been updated since that your pretty much only cheating yourself.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Sneak
the leaker didn't include the codes folder thats why
they had to make it themself.

edit;
probably used old brawl+ codes LOL.
this is actually completely wrong.. it was just a earlier version of the game. There has just been a billion revisions since then. I remember when that version was actually pretty new but that was a while ago. The new one is way better tho in alot of ways

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Patience is a virtue. If we want a quality product, we must allow them appropriate time to make it. Waiting's tough, but the more we wait, the more things they fix and improve. SO you could say that the tradeoff for for time spent waiting is a better experience at the end.

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, have you tried contacting some of the people who worked to make Melee/Brawl about fixing things like landing detection? They might have some insight into it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
To be honest, I highly doubt they would answer the question knowing what they are going to do. I don't think they'd look highly at helping poeple hack their game because it's not good enough.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Stop talking about leaks. They all suck.

I actually played some of r1, AKA revision 1, the oldest version of Project M inside our change tracking software, and BOY have we come a long way.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Be nice to Puu guys. His ideas might not be feasible, but he's trying his best to help x_x.

And to support Dantarion's claims. Go on youtube, compare early videos to new videos. The differences are very easy to spot. Just organize the videos by date or something.

Although I hate to give these idiots publicity, here is a leaked version video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyVGGC3OJS8

Compare this to the newer Project M videos. It's night and day.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
My point is that it may be in the best interest of the project to facilitate certain worse characters with the new ATs and leave them absent in the midst of top/high tier characters.

However good the top tier characters are, they will be better with these techniques. This presents a problem while trying to bridge the gap of balance when adjusting lower tier characters to their level. That previous level of Melee Fox doesn't exist. It is now Fox 2.0 and consequently is better than Melee Fox.

I understand this is the aim of the project, however I, personally fail to see the need to change Fox/Falco/Jiggs/Sheik/Marth. For other characters, I see a very clear and obvious need to change.

End of topic. Don't want to beat a dead horse.
universal AT's improve everyone. yeah, Fox can now RAR bair, but so can Ness and Pikachu. universal AT's add layers of depth to the game and restricting them to certain characters for the purpose of balancing is silly when we can balance in other ways without messing with the game's competitive depth.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Reverse Aerial Rush is when you jump during RunTurn (thereby turning around and jumping seamlessly from a run) and perform an attack, usually a Back Aerial.

Darkji

Smash Cadet
@GrimFandango : Thanks. I googled "RAR SSBM" cause I thought it was a Melee "AT" and I found nothing.
And I thought AT meant "Assis Trophy" -_-

@Strong Bad : Thank for your explanation which is much clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom