• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
This isn't a big deal but, classic mode is playable until you encounter rob and he tries to airdodge. :(

can you guys make a code to give rob his vbrawl airdodge or include a rob pac with special fall? In the end it really isn't that big of a deal and I understand if you guys don't do it.

Oh, and I think mario's up-b walljump should be a little harder.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
<<<<<<<<<3

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but wave-dash/land distance is affected by the angle of the ground you are wave-dashing/landing on, which wasn't the case in Melee (or at least, not to such an extreme extent).

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, did anyone else know Zelda has a chaingrab now?

After the DI fix I doubt it'll work the same but for now, it's pretty awesome.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Just downloaded it guys, and i have to say very impressive, and very well done so far, mad props. The only complaints i have

-The light press on the L/R buttons is screwing up my wavedashing. I know about the fix,however of plugging in the controller with the button held half in. Once I did that everything felt exactly like melee, especially Mario(i used Doc alot in melee).

-Lucas Dsmash after charged can do 60+ damage, to me that is a little too much, i would suggest 50 if all three hit, not 60+.

-Lastly i think Ganon should have kept his Brawl Upsmash, like his ftilt, and dtilt. I would have taken all the frame data from Ganons melee Upsmash, and applied them to the Brawl Upsmash. Meaning if the melee version has 11 frames of startup, then so does the brawl one. This way the move would have acted the same as the melee one, but kept the brawl animation. Only reason i suggest this is simply to keep him a little more induvidualized from Falcon.

Beyond that very well done guys, it is very fun to play i cant wait to see some more characters. Also love that Hyrule Stage, thats only the top of temple. Again mad props.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Lastly i think Ganon should have kept his Brawl Upsmash, like his ftilt, and dtilt. I would have taken all the frame data from Ganons melee Upsmash, and applied them to the Brawl Upsmash. Meaning if the melee version has 11 frames of startup, then so does the brawl one. This way the move would have acted the same as the melee one, but kept the brawl animation. Only reason i suggest this is simply to keep him a little more induvidualized from Falcon.
Ganondorf's USmash hits twice though, and that wouldn't have been possible to replicate in a matter that made any sense with the current kick.

Also love that Hyrule Stage, thats only the top of temple. Again mad props.
Thanks. :bee:

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
So, if yall patched the demo soon and added new characters, who all would yall feel (the most) comfortable adding?

I can think of boozer, rob, wario and diddy right now from off the top of my head, based on what I've seen. Any others that feel close to completion to you guys?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
You can DI out of the 2nd and 3rd hits.
Isn't DI'ing out of the thirdhit kind of pointless, as you;ve been hit by all three by that point?

I also like to mention Sheik feels the most like the melee counterpart, but i have mixed feelings on the chaongrab still beong present. In one sence it remains true to melee, but on the other hand, it invalidated a lot of characters in melee.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Okay if that is the case i guess it isn't as OP as i though. Anytime i was playing i always got at least 2 hits to hit, often times all 3.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
O the other thing i noticed is- Does jiggz rest have a smaller hitbox than before because it seemed to whiff more when i was using it , or am i imagining that?

Also I understand you scaled down the characters, but marth seems really small to me comparitively. When i was Marth vs Link, Link looked way bigger/buffer.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I always think of those lyrics whenever I hear the Brawl theme.
I'm more familiar with "Rob the Hotdog."

Ganondorf's USmash hits twice though, and that wouldn't have been possible to replicate in a matter that made any sense with the current kick.
Use the Brawl animation for the first hit, then a purple explosion for the second.
Personally, I loved how he had three different Sparta Kicks.

O the other thing i noticed is- Does jiggz rest have a smaller hitbox than before because it seemed to whiff more when i was using it , or am i imagining that?
Although I know that the hitboxes are exactly Melee, I feel like that too. Is it possible that Brawl has a stronger pushback effect from overlapping characters?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The picture showed that Marth was shorter than Link in both games. It's been posted as a response when people have asked your exact question before.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Ah i see, sorry if it was redundant. But like I said very well done so far, nothing but mad props. Just mentioning the things i noticed.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
I added some stages to my game. Right now, the temple icon takes me to Hyrule Castle, and the Temple:M icon takes me to normal temple :awesome:

Can I delete a .rel or something to swap the icons, or must I edit stuff in Brawlbox?

<<<<<<<<<3

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but wave-dash/land distance is affected by the angle of the ground you are wave-dashing/landing on, which wasn't the case in Melee (or at least, not to such an extreme extent).
One of my absolute FAVORITE features from Brawl+. A tiny slope on an otherwise flat area could become an important part of the environment because of the movement options it opened up. It's less pronounced in PM (unfortunately), but still useful.
I actually found wavedashing uphill in melee much easier than downhill, but now it's the reversed. I assume it's from the sliding when you land on a downward slope?

Oh yeah, how'd the PM tourney go? :bee:

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
I play smash with a lot of casuals. Most of 'em hate Brawl because it's too slow and floaty, so they love what y'all have done for Project M. However...

Casual request from casual players:

They ask that you make/put back the more joke/play around stages (i.e. Poke Floats, Icicle Mountain, Wario Ware (with minigames), the Mario Bros 3 minigame with koopas etc (forget the name)).

Changing the disc to Melee/Brawl is a simple task if you want to play these, but I tend to agree that if you're making a true successor to a smash game, it needs to be a complete smash game: funnyridiculous stages and all. Not everyone plays competitively, and sometimes it's nice to take a break and fart around.

Again, just a request. I'm enjoying the hell out of the demo and have been in love with the project since I heard about it, so don't think I'm a hater. Just trying to help with appealing to more people. :)

Keep up the great work, guys! It is like having a brand new smash game to play.

leelue

Smash Lord
@grim
Not every hitbox is ported from melee on the melee vets, even on moves that don't appear obviously changed.
Off the top of my head, ganon's up smash and fair have smaller and bigger hitboxes respectively (seriously, ganon has to be practically inside you for up smash to hit). Link's grab is smaller, while his sword is bigger. Mario's cape has ******** range. As for puff, I don't think they changed sing from brawl at all (at least she has brawl's sleep time).
Furthermore, in the great resizing of the characters, I don't think they were able to replicate every character with 100% accuracy. Which is fine.
I could be mistaken, but for some reason, that's how I remember it.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
To You.

Most people ignore/hate the stage for it causes extreme gameplay derailment.
Even the noobs and casuals online hate it and will immediately DC if they see it.

I like Brinstar(Melee), Warioware(Would be amazing without the awards), and Planet Zebes 64.

leelue

Smash Lord
My favorite stages of all time are Fountain of dreams, smashville, battlefield (brawl, the new music was so awesome when I first heard it), meleemon stadium, and termina, great bay. I haven't played on termina in so long because it is bad, but you know how that is.

All the stages in brawl will be in in the final release, by the way.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh, and I think mario's up-b walljump should be a little harder.
Why does it need to be harder? It's already situational as hell. Maybe very slightly less situational than it was in Melee given you don't need to be next to the wall in the first place to initiate it anymore, but regardless it doesn't need to be harder to do given how little it actually matters. That's the kind of thing that is only going to make Mario users like me complain that it doesn't feel the same if you tweak it to be harder.

Anyhow Zelda is...interesting to say at the least. I feel the Project M article on her overrates her defensive game, and what's going to determine whether or not she wins tournaments is how well her mains implement her offense. In other words, how well she implements Dins Fire traps to get free approaches and start combos. I feel quite a few characters don't really have trouble outcamping her if she tries to play that game.

And Link imo still sucks. Like...he's slow moving, and his aerials are merely decent at best. F-tilt buff is kinda cool, but besides that nothing he has really gives him amazing approaches or truly threatening camping. If you don't have to approach him (or if you just simply play a better midrange game), he's basically screwed, and even then he doesn't exactly like it when he lets you get close given that his attacks are not super fast.

Like if he kept the Brawl Z-air or if that attack was given a significant damage buff (which would also buff the shieldstun as well)...he would be a contender imo.

leelue

Smash Lord
^^ I agree with this.
Link mains, however, are a rare breed, so I really can't tell how improved he is on my own.
He is almost pound for pound better than melee link in every way, and that has to count for something. He might be about as competitive as ganon was in melee, which is not too bad at all.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
And Link imo still sucks. Like...he's slow moving, and his aerials are merely decent at best. F-tilt buff is kinda cool, but besides that nothing he has really gives him amazing approaches or truly threatening camping. If you don't have to approach him (or if you just simply play a better midrange game), he's basically screwed, and even then he doesn't exactly like it when he lets you get close given that his attacks are not super fast.

Like if he kept the Brawl Z-air or if that attack was given a significant damage buff (which would also buff the shieldstun as well)...he would be a contender imo.
Nothing mentioned about projectiles? His projectile game is so much better with the notable way that the boomerang and bombs pop opponents up. The Bow charges quickly and is fantastic for onstage gimping. How are his aerials merely decent? Fair has better kill power, Nair is as awesome as always, Dair can be linked into from several moves like DThrow and UThrow, and Uair is pretty slick too. I find the only problem with Link to be landing detection hurting his aerial game.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
if you think Link sucks then u obviously can't play him
same goes with Zelda....they are both amazingly good atm

Link just needs his melee hookshot reach (for both grabbing and recovering) and being able to jump out of it when it grabs the ledge

(his f-tilt might have a little too much KBG for the speed its at right now.....then again, Brawl DI)

but overall, i don't see how Link can possibly be any less than great with so many buffs

leelue

Smash Lord
His aerials are decent as opposed to great when you compare them to the other, better aerials in the game. Offhand, zelda and sonic have worse aerials than link and that is it (maybe ganon but he is a rapist, so maybe not, and Gdubs still has the Franklin the turtle which makes a good case on its own for him having better aerials than link, not to mention the improved Fair. Either way, even if Link has better aerials than both of them, he is ranked 5th from the bottom).

Lucas might be low on the aerials list, but there is a big jump from here to there. Lucas has a pretty good air game.

Sonic is also gimp king, so lack of aerial prowess is fine 80% of the time since he can just... well... kill you. <3 Sonic.

Link has the third best projectile game in the game (behind falco and arguably/probably Mario) which is depressing considering that he has three projectiles. Three. He just isn't nimble enough to make full use of them like Mario and Falco can. I'm not saying he is bad at it, he just isn't as good at it.

I also can't agree with the statement that the bow is fantastic at gimping. You still have to read when they will pass your line of sight, you do still need a little time to wind up, and most characters want to recover low anyway. It is there, it is possible, but it is not "fantastic".

Link is a better character than his previous incarnations, but that isn't saying much by itself. I am open to being proven wrong about his character, but from here it just doesn't seem like he is even out of the bottom 4 in the demo. The cast is just too solid. Somebody has to be of the worst, right? They don't have to be bad, they just aren't as good, which is what I am saying.

If there was a way to make Link's Boomerang pass through opponents instead of bouncing off when it hits them, I'd recommend that.

That boomerang catch lag seems a little pointless as well. It often seems to get him punished for landing it.

Not exactly a Link main though, so grain of salt and all that.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
can u guys remove the hitbox on Snake's cypher?

i rather be able to up-b to u-air KO than the little protection it gives his recovery

kaizo13

Smash Champion
just saying as an extra KO option.....ur right in a sense that his KO's revolve around his explosives now, but should he be limited to just that?

i know everybody in here has tried to u-air out of cypher atleast once and failed
....yes, even you Ulevo :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom