• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
controlling space, gaining momentum, the occasional escaping comnbos. generally you should throw a 'rang first to limit escape options then toss a bomb.

Ecks

Smash Lord
This isn't really that related to pm, but I just added the melee sfx to my game and it makes a HUGE difference. Wolf in specific became a boss with those melee sfx on his claw attacks (jabs, fair, uair, etc.).

:phone:

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
This isn't really that related to pm, but I just added the melee sfx to my game and it makes a HUGE difference. Wolf in specific became a boss with those melee sfx on his claw attacks (jabs, fair, uair, etc.).

how did you do it i started trying to figure it out and i just said f*** it and left it alone?

To get on subject how is wario against projectile characters does he have any good options as to getting in on them or what? side b looks very useful for approaching but looks very punishable also. One more thing has his Bair been talked about at all because from what videos iv seen it still looks very wierd idk cant wait to play him though : D

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
hmm ness' new forward tilt is pretty neat. it looked a little awkward at first but its growing on me. he needed another bat move since he has two yo-yo moves and now he has another disjointed hit box to work with. Id just change the sound effect of the ftilt to somthing that sounds more blunt since its not a fullt strength bat swing.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
how did you do it i started trying to figure it out and i just said f*** it and left it alone?

To get on subject how is wario against projectile characters does he have any good options as to getting in on them or what? side b looks very useful for approaching but looks very punishable also. One more thing has his Bair been talked about at all because from what videos iv seen it still looks very wierd idk cant wait to play him though : D
Wario is great against projectile characters. His Jiggs-y weaviness lets him get in on anyone fairly easily, not to mention he has great pokes like fair, an airgrab, and 2 instant momentum-changing moves (dair and side-B) for a ridiculous amount of mixups. He definitely has no trouble there.

In fact at the Genesis P:M tourney, I (successfully) used Wario against a particularly campy Falco when my ROB wasn't cutting it. Without Wario I probably wouldn't have done nearly as well, and it was solely due to how well he deals with campy projectile characters.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
hmm ness' new forward tilt is pretty neat. it looked a little awkward at first but its growing on me. he needed another bat move since he has two yo-yo moves and now he has another disjointed hit box to work with. Id just change the sound effect of the ftilt to somthing that sounds more blunt since its not a fullt strength bat swing.
Is there a video?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wario is great against projectile characters. His Jiggs-y weaviness lets him get in on anyone fairly easily, not to mention he has great pokes like fair, an airgrab, and 2 instant momentum-changing moves (dair and side-B) for a ridiculous amount of mixups. He definitely has no trouble there.
what airgrab

Ecks

Smash Lord
Use sawndz (can't link you because looking for it is a nightmare in this thing.) And just use riivolution or be stubborn like me and add it to your iso. The sfx are on kcmm and it has instructions.

Also, what's this about a new ftilt on Ness?

zxeon

Smash Lord
It would be cool if you could force Bowser into a knocked down state by holding down "A" when he hits the ground with Bair or Dair. Not sure how useful it would be but I think it has potential.

humble

Smash Ace
I feel like Bowser bomb jump canceling kinda detracts from the unique-ness of Charizard's new down-b. I mean, you guys came up with this awesome new down-b for Charizard to give him vertical mobility, then promptly turned around and gave the other dragon-esque character a similiar down-b utility for vertical mobility.

Ecks

Smash Lord
@CORY Oh I saw it. It's the item f-tilt. Seems better than his old one. Way better actually.

@humble. I was wondering about. But I wouldn't mind both of them keeping it (not that they're the same thing). It wouldn't be the first time something like that has been done in smash after all.

humble

Smash Ace
i do believe it was the other way around, actually.
I mean, I understand Bowser's is to allow canceling from committing to a risky move, giving mindgames/etc, while Charizard's is for straight up vertical chasing because he's such a vertical combo character. However, I just wish there was some way to make is so that Bowser's didn't also give him that vertical chasing potential, if that makes sense.

jalued

Smash Lord
I mean, I understand Bowser's is to allow canceling from committing to a risky move, giving mindgames/etc, while Charizard's is for straight up vertical chasing because he's such a vertical combo character. However, I just wish there was some way to make is so that Bowser's didn't also give him that vertical chasing potential, if that makes sense.
i personally feel that charizards upB should allow for fast wavelanding

Revven

FrankerZ
I feel like Bowser bomb jump canceling kinda detracts from the unique-ness of Charizard's new down-b. I mean, you guys came up with this awesome new down-b for Charizard to give him vertical mobility, then promptly turned around and gave the other dragon-esque character a similiar down-b utility for vertical mobility.
They're two totally different moves, Bowser's down B JC is not as versatile as Charizard's down B. The fact that you would even be concerned about this or bring this comparison up is about as similar as the time when someone compared Ike/Marth's counter to Ganondorf crouch canceling a move and doing wiztruck... Two totally different things (one wasn't even a whole move!) but end in the same sort of result.

Bowser also was worked on long before Charizard ever was, just because his video came after him doesn't mean Charizard was developed first.

humble

Smash Ace
They're two totally different moves, Bowser's down B JC is not as versatile as Charizard's down B. The fact that you would even be concerned about this or bring this comparison up is about as similar as the time when someone compared Ike/Marth's counter to Ganondorf crouch canceling a move and doing wiztruck... Two totally different things (one wasn't even a whole move!) but end in the same sort of result.

Bowser also was worked on long before Charizard ever was, just because his video came after him doesn't mean Charizard was developed first.
Curse you logiccc~! *shakes fist*

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Just watched Yagi's vids on snake and WOW... Bravo. His kill potential seems to have gone way up. He look insanely sexy now. Demo Snake was fun until I found out he had Link problems of getting good damage then not being able to kill until past 140 reliably. He looks completely **** now. Still gonna have trouble with fast characters, but now he can get those kills. Good stuff.

Spoon~

Smash Ace
I don't see what the problem you have with the move is. I think it's a great addition to bowser giving him more options and followup capabilities. The moves aren't even very similar, one is a charge up super jump while bowser's is a canceled butt pound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom