• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
so someone else had the Wario bite freeze happen to them....that's somewhat of a relief. Rubyiris do you use the homebrew method as well? I don't know why the pmbr can't seem to replicate it, it happens to me all too often.

and
So after about few days of playing pit my thoughts are on the character....

he's just what I expected him to be but in some senses a little more. I knew he was going to be gay in some ways but I didn't think he's be as big of a flaming ***. He's got a great off stage potential as expected but the dtilt on the edge is just....it's like nah I don't want to try for the gimp, I'll just cheeseball you over and over :laugh:. All in all he's good though.
I agree, Pit is amazing. He's one of those characters that I feel doesn't need any changes. It's like they got him spot on where he needs to be for Melee. great job.

with that said, he's now in my top 3...

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Found a small bug. I was Fox vs. a Mario on Fourside. Mario ledgejumped from the right side of the far right building, and I then F-smashed him to the right. Immediately after it hit Mario, we went into the grab-release animation. Nothing else major happened, I just found that a bit strange.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Restructuring the entire physics engine isn't as simple as you make it sound.

Not to mention bug-testing just about everything to make sure it didn't fix one problem and cause 50 more.
Don't get me wrong; I know nothing about fixing these little intricacies outside of it being tough. I appreciate what yall have done/continue to do.

KingBlaze777

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to report some bugs I've encountered:
1. Sometimes when I use T.Link and use D-throw on D3 he shrinks until he does something other than get hit by me. He returns to his actual size after losing a stock or doing anything after the D-Throw or any attack I land on him after it. Don't know if it happens to D3 with other characters.
2. I've noticed that when a character airdodges and said character is visibly "inside" a pass-through platform they don't go into special fall. This bug is very rare.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Is it me, or does the random button seem to favor Mario an awful lot? Had some all random team matches the other night, and we got four Marios more than once. And there was usually at least one or two Marios per match.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Is it me, or does the random button seem to favor Mario an awful lot? Had some all random team matches the other night, and we got four Marios more than once. And there was usually at least one or two Marios per match.
that was stated as a fix, effectively. any time the system tries to pick a character that's not in the demo, it defaults to mario. that should set mario to be close to 50% of the random choices.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok finally got to play demo 2, trying to make Lucario my main but he is kinda hard to use but i am not giving up on him. All around great job

:phone:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
oh god is lucaryu difficult to pick up! he's hard to get kills with normally, his gimp setups aren't necessarily obvious, and i feel like an idiot anytime i miss an obvious ohc setup (or input...). he's going to need a lot of practice still...

in other news: ddd was crazy fun to play in the few games i messed around with him! i might end up playing around with him some, as well...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ok finally got to play demo 2, trying to make Lucario my main but he is kinda hard to use but i am not giving up on him. All around great job

I'm telling you this right now. Once the metagame develops around Lucario's canceling system, everyone will focus on avoiding all of his cancel setups. Someone, (even if I have to do it myself) will play him in a generally standard way without focusing on the cancel setups at all but focusing almost entirely on normal everyday character usage, using the cancels only for good punishes. It shall happen.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Just wondering why cant lucario jump out of up tilt? It just seems like he should be able to. Also his down b in the air seems like a pretty solid approach option, am i wrong about this?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i feel the same way about utilt, but that's just because i like jump cancelling everything ;x

as for aerial downb: well, it probably could, but you'd have to make a good read on the opponent or else you can still get hit on the endlag (sans-ex).

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I don't know if I'm missing something, but why does Ike's recovery suck so much? From my experience one Ness Fthrow at 0% will keep him from recovering at all given that uncharged Quickdraw gives him next to no horizontal movement in the air and Aether gives him even less.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Dracula's Castle -> Luigi's Mansion
Temple:M -> Hyrule Temple
Hyrule Castle 65 -> Bridge of Eldin
Dreamland 64 -> Green Greens
Donkey Kong 64 -> 75M
Fountain of Dreams -> Mario Bros
SSE Jungle -> Distant Planet
Metal Cavern -> Mushroomy Kingdom
Saffron City -> Spear Pillar

Should be all of the 'new' stages.

Lol Hyrule Castle 65. 64?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
I don't know if I'm missing something, but why does Ike's recovery suck so much? From my experience one Ness Fthrow at 0% will keep him from recovering at all given that uncharged Quickdraw gives him next to no horizontal movement in the air and Aether gives him even less.
I feel his recovery if fine. A much needed trade off for his sheer power and new speed imo.

it worked out fine for toon link as well. They both got crazy good onstage game and combos. you simply have to be more wary about not being put in those situations were you have difficulty recovering from.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
His recovery is mainly horizontal, which makes it harder to recover low sans Aether.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I've also noticed Wario's Bite freezing the game with a BEEEEEEE- freeze. It was against Wolf when it happened, for what it's worth.

btw falco SHlazer is noticably (to me, at least) slower than it was in maylay. Did y'all make/leave his SH a little higher than it was in melee, or do his aerial lasers come out faster than in melee and I'm mentioning this for nothing? :s
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. It might have to do with the 1-frame delay thing or something else not directly related to Falco's attributes.

shanus

Smash Hero
Just wondering why cant lucario jump out of up tilt? It just seems like he should be able to. Also his down b in the air seems like a pretty solid approach option, am i wrong about this?

More players need to implement aura sphere shield cancelling -> jump cancel

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
But up tilt is a launcher so it feels like u should be able to jump out of it, but its a small issue which i dont want to keep talking about at this moment b/c it sounds like i am complaining when in fact i am in awe of what was done for this game

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
I feel his recovery if fine. A much needed trade off for his sheer power and new speed imo.

it worked out fine for toon link as well. They both got crazy good onstage game and combos. you simply have to be more wary about not being put in those situations were you have difficulty recovering from.
So basically don't get grabbed and keep up the pressure?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Why doesn't Marth's side special attack in technicolor?
It does. You might not be seeing the sword glows because of an old Brawl glitch that causes sword trails to not appear. (It's on our list of things to try and fix at some point, but we've got no idea what causes them to not show.)

CORY

wut
BRoomer
also, something i just realized:

lucario can indefinitely upb-wall cling loop. not sure if this is intentional or not (assuming it is since the cling duration decreases each time) but it seems like it could lead to stupid stalling tactics...

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
It does. You might not be seeing the sword glows because of an old Brawl glitch that causes sword trails to not appear. (It's on our list of things to try and fix at some point, but we've got no idea what causes them to not show.)
But but, what about Marth himself?
how do I know which slash is a spike?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
oh god is lucaryu difficult to pick up! he's hard to get kills with normally, his gimp setups aren't necessarily obvious, and i feel like an idiot anytime i miss an obvious ohc setup (or input...). he's going to need a lot of practice still...

in other news: ddd was crazy fun to play in the few games i messed around with him! i might end up playing around with him some, as well...
Haha! I find him [lucario] really hard to play myself!

However, surprisingly, my 10-year-old brother can play him EXTREMELY well. I'm not even kidding around with this, he's AMAZING with lucario. In melee, he mained mario and he was, yknow, alright for a 10 year old.. I could still beat him with my younglink 70% of the time, and 95% of the time with sheik, but now he beats my toonlink 65% of the time and we go maybe 55% in his favour against my sheik.

I'm astounded- really. He understands the mechanics of the OHC system with exceptional brilliance, and he knows exactly when he gains his charges and can use all 4 EX specials in their appropriate situations. I- I just don't know what to tell him.

-For all he knows, he's just playing a casual game of smash, lol.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati

However, surprisingly, my 10-year-old brother can play him EXTREMELY well. I'm not even kidding around with this, he's AMAZING with lucario. In melee, he mained mario and he was, yknow, alright for a 10 year old.. I could still beat him with my younglink 70% of the time, and 95% of the time with sheik, but now he beats my toonlink 65% of the time and we go maybe 55% in his favour against my sheik.

I'm astounded- really. He understands the mechanics of the OHC system with exceptional brilliance, and he knows exactly when he gains his charges and can use all 4 EX specials in their appropriate situations. I- I just don't know what to tell him.

-For all he knows, he's just playing a casual game of smash, lol.

Project M is easier than Melee

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Lol Hyrule Castle 65. 64?
Eat a ****, you know what I'd meant.
Lucario is easy. Certainly not a character that one can just "pick up and play", but once you commit yourself to him, Lucario becomes pretty easy to use.
I feel it's easier because there is no metagame yet. and without a metagame, more balanced.
Have you considered that the ENTIRE cast in Demo 2 is balanced? One of the main reasons behind Project:M is "easier" than Melee is the absence of heavy character imbalance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom