• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Archangel: not sure if you saw the link I posted or not?
Armada: I did. The pit stuff was the coolest for sure:)
Archangel: so what do you think? am I "better" than you?:smirk:
Armada: Tons better You used the forward b flying really good.
Archangel: We gotta play pit dittos one day. We need results!
Armada: Yeah then we can have Bones logic
LOL! yeah...it's official? Maybe?

also I don't go by spam_arrows.....tbh I actually don't arrow as much as most pit's.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
if i'm not cutting, shielding, grabbing, or respawning i'm shooting arrows
yes i even shoot arrows while recovering
it's a really bad habit

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Just a friendly reminder that the P:M development team absolutely does not endorse or support any mods of the Demo (especially edits to the GCT file).

That said, I'm sure the more loyal part of P:M's fanbase will be smart enough to realize that codeset is purely unoffical. They'd simply be playing the other characters in their original Brawl form anyway.

And I'll definitely tune in to the VGBC stream tonight. <3

** Ace **

Smash Cadet
Where can I find P:M 2.1 codeset in text format?
I would like to use Stage Roster Expansion System by Phantom Wings.

Edit: Just read this:
that codeset is purely unoffical.
By "unofficial", I assume you mean the codeset is totally private?
What if I send you some code, which you guys append to the P:M codeset, compile it and send it back to me?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I have probably asked this before, but are the characters going to retain their terrible brawl voices?

They could benefit more than that!

shanus

Smash Hero
lets not discuss modding our files here. We don't endorse it, and will not offer assistance with individuals attempting to do it. We purposefully don't because characters which aren't ready yet, aren't actually ready, so we don't want people playing broken versions of brawl characters in our game.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That's an odd thing to nit pick at.
Do you have any idea how many people have complained about the voices/sound effects/graphics?

It's definitely not an odd thing to want changed. In fact, I'm fairly certain it's the most common complaint about PM.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Balanced Project M-inus+ obviously

in other news when I stop being lazy I'm going to make a complete brsar that is Brawl to Melee.

So far it unfortunately does involve a couple of minor edits to PM files, particularly Bowser (his up-B, unless you want the chainsaw repeating annoyingly).

kaizo13

Smash Champion
voices/sfx/gfx are a great part of the game's appeal....no reason why it shouldn't be worked on after the important things are done (gameplay)

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Would they change all the sound effects to how they were in melee or the Japanese version of brawl?

:phone:
I'm using Melee SFX+ japanese Brawl voices, someone posted a link regarding how to do it a few months ago.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
voices/sfx/gfx are a great part of the game's appeal....no reason why it shouldn't be worked on after the important things are done (gameplay)
I think you forget that SFX can only be replaced through Riivolution or a USB Loader and that the most recent version of the File Patch Code doesn't replace sounds. Given this it would be impossible to standardize the sounds since a good portion of the userbase will be or already uses the hackless method, it's pointless for the PMBR to put together something fans already have or can put together themselves. As for GFX, many of those are changed for logical reasons as much as aesthetic (e.g. Ganon's fair), and it makes no sense to have multiple official versions of the GFX for characters floating around when the only reason to do so is because of personal preference.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Riivolution/iso editing exclusivity is the primary issue and it will never go away unless PW comes out of nowhere and goes "hey guise, a not buggy FPC 4.0".

My only real problem is that I want to edit the moveset files to change some voice cues around to fit their Melee counterparts (like Mario's Fair and BThrow switch to the proper SFX I replaced or Pikachu and Jiggs not sounding stupid), but a new demo would kind of kill that and have me redo it. I might do it anyways for now since the demo is far away and keep track of the changes in a text file.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Attention all pm players going to the big house 2 in mi

update on the project m situation:

In case you hadn't heard, due to venue space limitations we have to enforce a 32-entrant cap for the project m event here. I know there are some pm-dedicated travelers coming, so to make up for it, the project m entry fee has been increased from $5 to $10 in order to keep the pot size respectable. For those who already registered for project m, you'll just pay the additional $5 at the door on tourney day, and i've sent out an email to you guys about that. The op and website have been updated to reflect this, too. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom