• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanity's_Theif

Smash Ace
So after getting my *** kicked by Eli over the weekend, I realize I'm only good with 3 characters, Link, Falco and Zelda... seriously, I only ever won or got him down to 1 or 2 lives with them, lol and I thought I was good with 8, playing with any other character was just a massacre

Same **** with leelue too

Had fun though broskis, I'll hit you up next time I go to NY

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The issue with turning this thread back into P:M Social is that people actually want to discuss the game. You know. Talk match ups, discuss viability, talk about counter pick systems, chat about strategies.

That ****.

Honestly, we could use a P:M Social Thread seperate from the main P:M thread. :/

links24

Smash Ace
As I was saying earlier the best brawl player here got into P:M and I recorded some videos. He has never played melee, and this is only the second time really he's played PM with me. I just taught him things like JC grabs lol but he is impressive anyways.

Hylian(Fox) vs FAE(Lucas):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZuMzo9GVuQ
never thought I'd see the day.......bout time FAE lol

iLink

Smash Champion
Does the pmbr know which characters are going to be in 2.5 or is that still variable and are just being added as they are done within a certain timeframe?

:phone:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
The issue with turning this thread back into P:M Social is that people actually want to discuss the game. You know. Talk match ups, discuss viability, talk about counter pick systems, chat about strategies.

That ****.

Honestly, we could use a P:M Social Thread seperate from the main P:M thread. :/
This is why we need a Project M section here.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is why we need a Project M section here.
That's not going to happen as long as MLG owns smashboards. PM has an entire forum on smashmods, just this thread is fine for now.

Shanus I will think about it, there are already a few that are mods.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Isn't FAE bummed about all the Brawl techniques removed from Lucas, though they were originally kept in 1.0?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Isn't FAE bummed about all the Brawl techniques removed from Lucas, though they were originally kept in 1.0?
He's never played 1.0. He just started playing PM the other week. He told me that he has more fun playing Lucas in P:M than he does in brawl, so I don't think he's upset.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
He's never played 1.0. He just started playing PM the other week. He told me that he has more fun playing Lucas in P:M than he does in brawl, so I don't think he's upset.
Heh nice to see FAE is playing Project M now. The dude basically inspired me along without countless other to pick up Lucas in Brawl after seeing his crazy AT's many moons ago (I don't play him anymore because PM). Speaking of Lucas, has here been any core changes in his move set?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Honestly if this trolling crap is becomeing this prominent of a problem, get a mod in here to start actually infracting people.

Anyways I actually have a question, Wario's A->B new combo, that gives pitfall status, that isn't a actual combo right? A person can shield between the 1st hit and the stomp that induces pitfall right?. If it is a true combo, then I have a feeling that can be abused in so many ways. D-smash to A reset to B pitfall to fully charged waft etc.
Infractions are given out all the time, as Hylian and Segtendo pointed out. Keep it together, folks! :p

Also, the curbstomp isn't very practical in my experience- it's more of an easter egg in my opinion, but I could be wrong. :)

What IS the harm in letting this become "Project M Social"? Might save you all some stress.

In other news, what combos into Solar Beam? Looks like Ivy has a couple throws that do the trick but what else? A couple random tilts maybe? Dair on grounded opponent?
PM Social stuff can happen in the IRC. This thread is for discussion about the game. At the moment, it's specifically about discussion and speculation on the upcoming release. If you want a PM social thread, make one on smashmods.

As for comboing into solarbeam, the typical setups would be dthrow, dash attack, grounded dair (at a higher %) and uthrow->uair. Ofc, most of these are situational set ups, and there are many other ways to combo into solar beam that involve launching your opponent. I find the most reliable way to combo into it would be dthrow. Hope this helps for the future! ;)

edit: Just thought of something else: Tippered dtilt sends opponents directly above Ivysaur; the perfect setup for a sweetspot usmash or uair which can be combo'd into a deadly solarbeam!

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
what frame does Ivy's beam activate on? it looks like it instantly fills all its diagonal attack area like an on off switch. not like a traveling projectile.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It seems to have a noticeable start up to give you time to air dodge, just like Samus's charge shot does. It does not have a path, but I would trust that the team wouldn't make a move that takes up a third of the stage have faster-than-reaction startup.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
So after getting my *** kicked by Eli over the weekend, I realize I'm only good with 3 characters, Link, Falco and Zelda... seriously, I only ever won or got him down to 1 or 2 lives with them, lol and I thought I was good with 8, playing with any other character was just a massacre

Same **** with leelue too

Had fun though broskis, I'll hit you up next time I go to NY
You're welcome to come to any future fests at my house. Cool meeting you, you're mad chill. :)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Any videos of Eli vs Sanity's_Theif? I'm curious :).

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
So I saw a stream where Pit looped his arrow, hit the balloon on Smashville, and it didn't pop. Someone mentioned that was because of the decreased power of arrows the longer they're out, and that the damage was less than 1%. If this didn't pop the balloon, would this also not cause your opponent to flinch? Wouldn't that pretty much negate the whole concept of arrow looping? I hope not, as I really like the technique.

iLink

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, going to be kind of bummed if the arrow doesn't at least do a minimum of 1%.

Gimpel

Smash Cadet
I thought they still flinch from them ?
I don't think knockback has to do with if the balloon pops or not, could see if I could confirm that with fox' laser if I wouldn't be so lazy '_'
But I kinda don't see why they stale that much anyways, should be never below falco's laser damage/stun imo
controlling an arrow for so long should give you some reward

cmart

Smash Lord
So I saw a stream where Pit looped his arrow, hit the balloon on Smashville, and it didn't pop. Someone mentioned that was because of the decreased power of arrows the longer they're out, and that the damage was less than 1%. If this didn't pop the balloon, would this also not cause your opponent to flinch? Wouldn't that pretty much negate the whole concept of arrow looping? I hope not, as I really like the technique.
I'm gonna nip this in the bud right now. This is incorrect - Pit's arrows do the same dmg/kb at minimum values as 2.1 arrows. It's possible the example above happened with staled arrows or something.

Ryota

Smash Rookie
Power shielded arrows do 0% damage and cause no flinch as far as I'm aware. This might also happen with arrows reflected by shine/cape/etc. but I'm not sure.

Life

Smash Hero
^In Brawl, reflected projectiles do more damage and KB (to the point where you can get killed by a falco laser). Don't see why PMBR would change that.

Prinny Mask

Smash Rookie
Is there any plain text code list available? (or just a way to dig into the existing gct, I guess)
I'd like to remove the entry that's flipping the name order around.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I'm gonna nip this in the bud right now. This is incorrect - Pit's arrows do the same dmg/kb at minimum values as 2.1 arrows. It's possible the example above happened with staled arrows or something.
Good to know.

I really hope Pit is getting more kill power in other ways to make up for losing the power of his arrows and his evasive ability.

I understand he has the potential to be broken in his current state, and I have seen some very boring matches of nothing but keep away. But he needs something special to stand out as well.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^In Brawl, reflected projectiles do more damage and KB (to the point where you can get killed by a falco laser). Don't see why PMBR would change that.
Powershields did not reflect in Brawl. Powershielded projectiles in Melee and Project M do half damage.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Is there any plain text code list available? (or just a way to dig into the existing gct, I guess)
I'd like to remove the entry that's flipping the name order around.
Why would you want to do that? The reason the code is included is because it's assumed the owner of the Wii would have the first name on the the list. So instead of the person who plays the game the most scrolling the most, you could just pick the first one and be done with it.

Also, does Ivy's sweetspot charges work on Shy Guys, Waddle Dees, Pikmin, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom