• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
they can't use the animation of yoshi's fair to do mewtwo's fair. they do that with any move, anywhere.

And in those moves, one frontflips (yoshi) and the other backflips (mewtwo)

Mewter

Smash Master
Ah, okay. That makes sense.
So, right now, all you can do is use attacks with the same effects other other characters' but use Lucario's animations (because you're using the Lucario model)?

Inb4morerepetitionsoftheabovepost.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD, I don't mind being the 'PR guy' if by 'PR guy' you mean, 'the dude that answers silly questions that have already been answered if people read the thread'. But then, I don't know too much about a lot of the technical stuff, so you, SuSa, or bobson (when he comes back) may have to field some of those questions.
:3 That is exactly what I mean!
And I don't mind answering questions too. The nub ones will die down eventually.

DD, here's how the stun works.

The BKB of a move determines how long a person will be stunned at 0%. KBG determines how much longer a person will be stunned with damage. The stun can be button mashed out of, so take that into consideration.

Also, stun only works on grounded opponents. Aerial opponents are just sent away as if hit by a regular attack.
Thank you very much! The grounded v. aerial thing is good anyways, since that's how it worked in Melee too. We'll just set the "send away" as a semi-spike. I'll tinker with teleport some more and then get around to fixing the DownB.

Ah, okay. That makes sense.
So, right now, all you can do is use attacks with the same effects other other characters' but use Lucario's animations (because you're using the Lucario model)?

Inb4morerepetitionsoftheabovepost.
Uh...lol? What?
We can only use things that are already given to us by a character, so if I wanted to make an accurate DAir right now, I'd have to look through Lucario's animations...or make YOU guys look through his animations...and find something that might resemble DAir...even if its angled wrong...and see what I can do about making it work.

=D

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
for dair, you need something that makes a character backflip while doing it. right?

Although I think the animations were gonna be all new.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if this'll matter, but I thought I'd go ahead and put in a few of my own thoughts. If you compare Mewtwo to Lucas, they do have similar attacks. Lucas' nair and d-smash are the equivalent of Mewtwo's. Also, in Melee, Mewtwo's back throw was like Ness'. It had the ability to kill. I'm not sure if you guys will add this on or anything, but I thought you should know or be reminded of Mewtwo's movesets.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this'll matter, but I thought I'd go ahead and put in a few of my own thoughts. If you compare Mewtwo to Lucas, they do have similar attacks. Lucas' nair and d-smash are the equivalent of Mewtwo's. Also, in Melee, Mewtwo's back throw was like Ness'. It had the ability to kill. I'm not sure if you guys will add this on or anything, but I thought you should know or be reminded of Mewtwo's movesets.
Thanks for the input, but we already know this. DD could you tell people not to recommend moves plz? just put it somewhere on the front page.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thanks for the input, but we already know this. DD could you tell people not to recommend moves plz? just put it somewhere on the front page.
Yea, will do.

ALSO:

I NEED YOU GUYS TO FIND SOMETHING FOR ME!

If possible, find the color that Brawl counts as "transparent". As in, if we made a texture of this color, Brawl would not display it. I have everything working for teleport perfectly except for the blasted invisibility...so now I'm thinking of different ways to make it. I have a couple other theories, but this is always good to know!

Winner gets a spot in the credits as Savior of Teleport!

Thanks guys!
-DD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Yea, will do.

ALSO:

I NEED YOU GUYS TO FIND SOMETHING FOR ME!

If possible, find the color that Brawl counts as "transparent". As in, if we made a texture of this color, Brawl would not display it. I have everything working for teleport perfectly except for the blasted invisibility...so now I'm thinking of different ways to make it. I have a couple other theories, but this is always good to know!

Winner gets a spot in the credits as Savior of Teleport!

Thanks guys!
-DD
I'm not 100% certain but I think magenta is considered transparent.

Edit: I tested it out and I don't think Lucario can be made transparent. Magenta, black, the transparent option and the eraser didn't work on his textures.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm not 100% certain but I think magenta is considered transparent.

Edit: I tested it out and I don't think Lucario can be made transparent. Magenta, black, the transparent option and the eraser didn't work on his textures.
Flarb. Want to hook me up with the Hex values for those colors? I might as well give them a shot.
-DD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
The hex for magenta should be #FF00FF and black should be #000000.
The RGB for magenta is 255,0,255 if that helps.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
Short Answer: Brawl doesn't have an universal transparency color.

Long Answer: Brawl doesn't count magenta as transparent, ASH does. That's a big difference.

For textures there is no set color in the original pac files, transparency is hexxed to a certain color if needed. But that goes only for +1 and +2 textures normal ones just use an alpha layer.

As for invisibility, I'm starting to belive that's just part of the animation and can't be recreated without changing animations

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Short Answer: Brawl doesn't have an universal transparency color.

Long Answer: Brawl doesn't count magenta as transparent, ASH does. That's a big difference.

For textures there is no set color in the original pac files, transparency is hexxed to a certain color if needed. But that goes only for +1 and +2 textures normal ones just use an alpha layer.

As for invisibility, I'm starting to belive that's just part of the animation and can't be recreated without changing animations
Yea, that is what its starting to look like to me too v.v;

I'll still give the straight black a try...but uhh...
Can someone list the External Graphic effects for Lucario to me? Just incase the invisibility is some sort of drape...

And then after that the FINAL method[or the next method I'll try after blacking it, since I don't think the external GFX will do me any good(I STILL WANT THEM THOUGH PLEASE =D)] will be to use Lucario's DT Frame data to determine what frames of his animation he is invisible for and get rid of all the other frames in that animation...and replace SpecialHiMove with those.
-_- It SOUNDS like it will work, but so did all of the last ideas...kinda...

SO yea! Someone grab me frame data for when Lucario goes invisible in DT, and someone else grab the External Graphic list!

And I promise I'll release a .pac for everyone to play around with a Lucario with Teleport, Disable, and Mewtwo-esque physics changes. I don't know if we edited everything...but I DO know how to add in DJC...so maybe I'll add that in for the .pac....but yea! Enough of my rambling! Go my minions! Retrieve the data!
-DD

SuSa

Banned via Administration
My sister comes down to visit for 2 weeks on the 12th. I won't be on as much.

I will try to complete several 'rough drafts' of the data (I have like 1/3rd of it done, which you can see in the OP. That's most of the 'important' stuff but there is some stuff we still need to change)

If anyone can tell me about how high Mewtwo's FIRST JUMP is compared to another character in Brawl. Please let me know.

I plan to make his second jump the height of Ness's second jump. But I need to test Ness vs Mewtwo in Melee to see which is actually higher so I can be as accurate as possible.

If anyone knows how far Mewtwo's tech jump goes (vertical+horizontal. So "How high and how far") compared to others in the cast (compare to Brawl if you can PLEASE) so I can make that more accurate. (Otherwise he's having Lucario's)

SuSa

If you could compare it to any characters jump (unless its the highest) let me know.

Also try to, in Mario's; (Yes. Mario is now a length of height.....) tell me how much higher it is compared to Ness's.

/hasn't played as Mewtwo for a weekend. XD but wasn't paying too much attention to him...

Wish I had my memory card >.<

bobson

Smash Lord
If anyone can tell me about how high Mewtwo's FIRST JUMP is compared to another character in Brawl. Please let me know.

I plan to make his second jump the height of Ness's second jump. But I need to test Ness vs Mewtwo in Melee to see which is actually higher so I can be as accurate as possible.

If anyone knows how far Mewtwo's tech jump goes (vertical+horizontal. So "How high and how far") compared to others in the cast (compare to Brawl if you can PLEASE) so I can make that more accurate. (Otherwise he's having Lucario's)
His first jump goes as high as Bowser's, but his second jump is ridiculous and goes higher than even Yoshi's.

Relevant thread; doesn't have any data on walljump specifics... but then, Mewtwo can't walljump anyway. Unless you were talking about something else?

SuSa

The fact he wasn't able to wall jump in Melee would say otherwise.

@Bobson
I'm talking about tech jumping, not wall jumping. Huge difference.

also thanks for the comparisons, I'll work with them.

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Is the 3D model from Melee going to be used? Or would that even be possible?

If so, I have some experience with meshing and I may be able to help.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The fact he wasn't able to wall jump in Melee would say otherwise.

@Bobson
I'm talking about tech jumping, not wall jumping. Huge difference.

also thanks for the comparisons, I'll work with them.
Uhh...I don't think it went any farther than Mario's did....none of them were really that huge if you weren't a spacey or Falcon.

Anyways~
Still waiting for someone to give me frame data of when Lucario goes invisible. I'm gonna be busy until tonight...so if I don't have to go searching for it myself I would appreciate it~!
=D Thankies!
-DD

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Double Team
Hit Box on frame: 7
Completes on frame: 85
Invincibility Frame(s): 7-33

it would probably be part of the "SpecialLwSplit" animation (1E1)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Double Team
Hit Box on frame: 7
Completes on frame: 85
Invincibility Frame(s): 7-33

it would probably be part of the "SpecialLwSplit" animation (1E1)
T.T I know all this...but when does he go invisible.
-DD

mofo_

Smash Ace
hmm what if hes not actually turning invisible, but like the effect of looking invisible. its like blobs of clearness that make characters appear invisible. ( look at dimension cape )

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hmm what if hes not actually turning invisible, but like the effect of looking invisible. its like blobs of clearness that make characters appear invisible. ( look at dimension cape )
Well, I know he IS turning invisible for at least ONE frame...and I just want to isolate and extend the duration of that frame while he is in the "SpecialHiMove" subaction...and if he isn't then I want to blob him up for that action. >_>;
-DD

Sails

Smash Ace
This will be so epic. I fully support this.

Brawl+ needs to officially include Mewtwo in a future release.
If custom characters as official for Brawl+ ever happens, the tourney scene for it will swiftly die. The last remaining sacredness for the game is the character list and their moves, if we get new moves or new characters, you might as well not call it Brawl anymore.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If custom characters as official for Brawl+ ever happens, the tourney scene for it will swiftly die. The last remaining sacredness for the game is the character list and their moves, if we get new moves or new characters, you might as well not call it Brawl anymore.
Yea...uh...go scrub somewhere else.

>_> I can see that I'm going to have to do all the work here. ughhh. Okay, time to set up and start messing with stuff.
-DD

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Is Mewtwo going to be a replacement for lucario, using lucario's model, or is her going to be imported as a new model (some how) and use Lucario's properties / hitboxes?

I heard that adding custom models will be possible, is this the case? Can we expect this for Mewtwo. If so, when?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Is Mewtwo going to be a replacement for lucario, using lucario's model, or is her going to be imported as a new model (some how) and use Lucario's properties / hitboxes?

I heard that adding custom models will be possible, is this the case? Can we expect this for Mewtwo. If so, when?
>_> *stifles unkind remark*

Uhh..When the model importer is finished, we'll do our best to export the moveset we are working out right now to Mewtwo's model. Until then, he is a replacement for Lucario.

@Sonicandtails
>_> Yes, you do have an opinion. It isn't a very good one.
Don't bring your silliness into my topic, kthx.
-DD

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Sonic is completely right on this, people would have to relearn every move, it doesen't belong in anything official, it would just be its own game. Regardless, I don't even know how you can make a connection between that and being a scrub, that just doesen't make any sense

Sails

Smash Ace
@Sonicandtails
>_> Yes, you do have an opinion. It isn't a very good one.
Don't bring your silliness into my topic, kthx.
-DD
Right, because you're high and mighty and can dictate all that. And last I checked, you don't own anything here. This is a forum, I can post my opinion on any post that is made in a thread, no matter whose it is.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Unlikely. They most likely won't be used in a tourney setting anyway, so the point is invalid. Brawl+ is the main modded Brawl codeset, and will likely just stay with the original characters. Maybe, really far down the road, the WBR will add in new characters, but only after intense discussion and rigorous rebalancing.

Plus, you can go complain about it elsewhere. Oh wait? We're minding our own business in this thread and aren't plaguing the Nightly Builds thread or anything? So you can't complain about this elsewhere? That's what I thought.

(Waits for some idiot to make him eat that last paragraph)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend MXXD already have a very good side/down b for mewtwo.
Not completed, but very good.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
>_> *stifles unkind remark*
Why would there be an unkind remark? I'm confused. I was away for a week when project SA was announced, and the Mewtwo thread was birthed. I'm sorry if I asked something that has already been asked, but I wanted to know.

Thanks.

If I misunderstood you, sorry.

bobson

Smash Lord
Lucario is invisible from frames 21 to 29 after being hit while in the "counter" window of his Double Team.
Mewtwo's techjump goes a tad lower and farther than Mario's. I'm also guessing it's a bit slower, given Captain Falcon's animation progress in each screen. Nevermind, I just tested frames and it's exactly as fast as Mario's, although it reaches its maximum height slower.
Sharing is caring...

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Did you go the Confusion route, or in another direction with it?

Why would there be an unkind remark? I'm confused. I was away for a week when project SA was announced, and the Mewtwo thread was birthed. I'm sorry if I asked something that has already been asked, but I wanted to know.

Thanks.

The question's been asked multiple times in this and the other thread. Hold on, I'll have an edit up shortly with a quote of myself from earlier in the thread explaining it a bit...

They're working on getting his moves and physics to work correctly right now. The appearance thing will be sorted out if/when model hacking comes out. SuSa mentioned, a couple of posts right above yours I might add, that they might release a Beta using the Mewcario texture sometime down the road after the moveset is mostly sorted out, but before they work on the actual model hack.
EDIT: Also, bobson, do you mind making the screenshot comparison smaller or stack them vertically so the screen doesn't stretch? Just a pet peeve of mine...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Thanks.

xD Oh, its okay. I just want more people to read the topic. All this nonsensical code makes my head hurt.

Sharing is caring...
1) Thanks for the info! x2!!

2)>_> We already have Disable working...I just need to actually make the code for it.

Bob, you can do it! Just set the stun property again and mess with hitstun values until it feels right.[X/Y/Z Offsets or something are actually shield/hitstun values].

As for their thingy about their confusion...I'd just like to see what they have...period. Cause like...I think they made new moves...instead of recreating them...

At least that's how I decipher that post.
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom