• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just change it to ganon's darkness... <_<

I LOVE the Teleport and Disable! Down-taunt is amazing, too, though I do go into the magnifying glass for a sec.. it's all good. Also, I saw a texture thing where Aura Sphere looked exactly like Shadow Ball. :O Maybe that could be done for this.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
We are.
Every aura gfx and hit stuff would have to be removed.
And even after that, it'd have to be clr0 and texture hacked.
But, it's possible.
Wait, what needs to be clr0/texture hacked? The aura animations?

Yea, just use the stock darkness like Melee did. Leave Aura as it is. Only texture hack needed would be for Aura Sphere.

just change it to ganon's darkness... <_<

I LOVE the Teleport and Disable! Down-taunt is amazing, too, though I do go into the magnifying glass for a sec.. it's all good. Also, I saw a texture thing where Aura Sphere looked exactly like Shadow Ball. :O Maybe that could be done for this.
o_o Stop telling me about it and link me bro!

Yea, DTaunt puts him into the magnifying glass for a frame...not sure how to stop that from happening just yet. Actually. I think I just figured it out while typing this.

Unrelated:

=[ I think Aura Sphere's properties aren't stored in FitLucario.pac...so I can't edit the hitboxes on it to be Dark and the charge damage to be electric.

Well, I could make an electric one...just a rapidly looping electric hitbox that sits where Prop 0 does....but...meh..
-DD

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I'll note this somewhere. I completely forgot about that.

Also: The aura thing is removable. No biggy. As far as finding it, that's probably something that is in all of Lucario's hitboxes, and flagged. Because attacks/hitboxes I've added are not effected by Aura. Since I'm changing probably 90% of the hitboxes properties and making so many new ones altogether...I'll just remake everything with working flags then, and BAM! Aura solved.

>_> Of course, I'm not doing any of the people who want to crack Aura's inner workings any good, but still.

As for that demo...I ran into some issues today personally, and I've been checking into the forums every now and again to look at posts from my phone...and it seems someone has managed to get a Wolf Animation ported to Lucario...so this opens up a LOT of doors for me, and I intend to look into it for tonight, and any discoveries I find will be placed in the .pac file for release tomorrow evening, circa 8PM EST.

With that said, I can give you the test pac I have, which really has no major changes done to it...just a change on things for his UpB and DownB...and they're not fully functional...but I guess releasing it couldn't hurt...

Have a blast?

That one is probably not as updated as the one I started testing when I began work today...so yea. Bear with me fellas~

Have a ball.
-DD
It sounds like a lot of people missed the link, so there ya go.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just some things with the released pac. I don't know if you've fixed these yet, but here ya go:

1 He never goes invisible during his up b.

2.his down b does stun, but it shouldn't be a hand motion, and you can infinite lock people with these. aka a second hit doesnt hit them away.

3.down taunt problem. this has already been said.

EDIT: quoted from the character submission thread

And for Mewtwo makers, the visibility boolean is 0B020100! True is visible, false is invisible! Lucario should have no problem teleporting now... Too bad Sonic doesn't have a free-range Up-B available...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
It seems people have just stopped bothered looking a few posts above their own....

Won't you feel so stupid when it was 4 posts above yours?
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8096198&postcount=125

Originally Posted by IndigoFenix View Post

And for Mewtwo makers, the visibility boolean is 0B020100! True is visible, false is invisible! Lucario should have no problem teleporting now... Too bad Sonic doesn't have a free-range Up-B available...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I saw that, I just can't find that value in his Up-B anywhere.
Got it working. And yes Susa, I do feel like a bit of a *******. :laugh:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Woo! I actually had that before I saw the post. It wasn't fully invisible because I just realized I placed it on the wrong side of the timer xD!

And I got NAir working.

But really, can I get a size mod code up in here?

Whats the gecko sizemod code? That should give me a hint where to look.
-DD

SuSa

Beta should've waited a while. :/ And Disable is probably going to need a nerf.....lol

No idea where the sizemod code is, but nice job on nair. =p

Also epic fail. xD wrong side of the timer? tsk. tsk.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
can you release a pac with the up b and nair fixes? :D

and how come a second hit from disable doesn't knock them away?

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
I know this is the beta release, so I don't know if you want suggestions or not, buuuuuut if you do, I have some.

First off, disable looks perfect, but the move itself is way too good. The hitbox shouldn't last quite that long, and maybe a little ending lag or start-up lag would balance it. As for teleport, I feel like it's a little too flashy. I could do without the massive purple explosions, though I like the idea. Maybe just smaller purple explosions? XD

SuSa

I don't think he's figured out how to do the 2nd one.

Although I do have an idea for him:

Anyway to set a boolean of "if in stun do ___this instead____? " (I'm sure you'll get what I mean)

Then you could also set the if ground else statement to make it hit away if airborne.

EG:

Disable:
Code:
if ground
   your disable stuff you have
            if -stunned-
                   have some set amount of knockback with 0 growth (knockback shouldn't KO, but push away enough to make you safe)

else
   have some set amount of knockback with 0 growth (knockback shouldn't KO, but push away enough to make you safe)

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I made a decent looking replica of his melee airdodge with that small circle that appears when he teleports and a more fitting soundeffect. Might need to change the animation but right now I'm not sure to what. In case you want to take a look http://www.mediafire.com/?2dhmnykjjjw

Would love to contribute something to this project.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Just some things with the released pac. I don't know if you've fixed these yet, but here ya go:

1 He never goes invisible during his up b.

2.his down b does stun, but it shouldn't be a hand motion, and you can infinite lock people with these. aka a second hit doesnt hit them away.

3.down taunt problem. this has already been said.

EDIT: quoted from the character submission thread
1) Fixed.
2) Still looking into a better animation to use.
3) Getting around to it when I get bored of exciting things with hitboxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ike-Qyt4Yw8
Just showing the current .pac : )
And you see I can't move sometimes...is that supposed to happen? ._.
Yea, I know that bug. It happened to me a few times too. I think it has been fixed since beta though, I did lots of work on Teleport and it hasn't happened since.

I know this is the beta release, so I don't know if you want suggestions or not, buuuuuut if you do, I have some.

First off, disable looks perfect, but the move itself is way too good. The hitbox shouldn't last quite that long, and maybe a little ending lag or start-up lag would balance it. As for teleport, I feel like it's a little too flashy. I could do without the massive purple explosions, though I like the idea. Maybe just smaller purple explosions? XD
1)I was going to toss a WHOLE lot of ending lag on, since Brawl has given us "wakeup" animations that can't be canceled. To those saying the second hit of disable needs to knock them away, I don't know the boolean to check the opponents status, so I can't do that quite yet.

2) All those flashy effects were there to make up for the fact he wasn't invisible. I'll be cleaning it up since we can go invisible now.

=D Thanks for the support! Feel free to PM me if you have specific things to contribute that I can actually put in the .pac, so I know where they are and I don't have to hunt for them. If its just questions/comments/criticism, post it here.

Right now I'm just getting the hang of how far each offset of 1 brings the animation or hitbox away from Lucario so I can position the 4 nair hitboxes accordingly.

This is key, because once I have that, I'll start working out the math of how to build a tail for epic tilts.

OR if someone can go to the other thread where some guy got Lucario to take Wolf's standing animation...and figure that out...then we'll be well on our way to have a REALLY good time.

And that wasn't the beta I PLANNED on releasing, that was just a little "Ohey, sorry about missing my own deadline, heres what I have so you can fool around." Beta. The one I re-release tonight will be in the OP.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I can't think of anything that checks to see status before doing an effect...maybe the status boolean doesn't exist at all? :/
Oh, it does. It has to. I said so.
OH! It has to! Because what if the player is asleep/stuned! They can't have their sleep or stun reset until they hit the wakeup animation. Check sing...or the wakeup animations over for something maybe? I mean...its something....I guess...a long shot...

But yea. Gonna slap on some ending lag now...change the animation.
-DD

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
can you also make lucario's up grab like how it was on mewtwo,and make his aura purple and shadow ball purple?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I haven't even gotten to throws yet. I will get at least UThrow down for the next beta.

but FFS. I edited Lucario's Air Stopping mobility...and then I realized he doesn't die from a Fox USmash at 999% now.

So I went back to restore it, and Lucario's orginal Air Stopping mobility was 5.877472E-39

-_- So I type out alllllllll 38 zeros and hit enter, and it crashes on me. I hope I didn't lose too much...
Ugh..
=3=; I'll have to delay the beta an hour or two to make sure I can recover everything and add in the couple other things I wanted.

And Aura Sphere can't be changed from Aura into Darkness, because its a prop that I can't edit. None of its hitboxes are in Lucario's pac file.

Nevermind, I just remembered it was that stupid bug in 0.2. I think I fixed it now.

-DD

bobson

Smash Lord
OR if someone can go to the other thread where some guy got Lucario to take Wolf's standing animation...and figure that out...then we'll be well on our way to have a REALLY good time.
!!!
Which thread is this in? We could almost completely recreate his animations if we figure this out.

OH! It has to! Because what if the player is asleep/stuned! They can't have their sleep or stun reset until they hit the wakeup animation.
I'd wager that this is a property of the sleep/stun effects in general rather than a check that goes on with each move.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
!!!
Which thread is this in? We could almost completely recreate his animations if we figure this out.

I'd wager that this is a property of the sleep/stun effects in general rather than a check that goes on with each move.

1) http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8096158&postcount=901

2) Yea...I know...but still...there has to be SOME move...

Ugghh...

We also need to figure out how to keep make Lucario maintain his momentum when using a grounded animation in the air. This way I might be able to make a good looking FAir while we wait to figure out how Wolf did it.
-DD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't think of anything that checks to see status before doing an effect...maybe the status boolean doesn't exist at all? :/
Fire moves and frozen enemies?
Reflectors/Psi Magnets/Cape/etc. and projectiles...?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think we're just going to have to use ZSS's stun until we figure this out. At least hers doesn't lock anyone in an infinite...unless you're fox.

Also: New beta in ~30 minutes.
-DD

netrunui

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying that anyone's wrong or anything, but I think it's been over 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom