• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Right, because you're high and mighty and can dictate all that. And last I checked, you don't own anything here. This is a forum, I can post my opinion on any post that is made in a thread, no matter whose it is.
the thing is, this thread isn't mean for discussing whether mewtwo should or shouldn't be part of Brawl+
make your own thread about it if you want, but this thread is more discussing the making of mewtwo

bobson

Smash Lord
>_> We already have Disable working...I just need to actually make the code for it.

Bob, you can do it! Just set the stun property again and mess with hitstun values until it feels right.[X/Y/Z Offsets or something are actually shield/hitstun values].
Well, yeah, but I still want to see if they have anything better. I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow; my free time is broken up into 15-30 minute spurts right now, which throws off my usual game of extensive trial and error, but changing a couple values should be fine.

Edit: While I'm here, is there anything new we can do with PSA 0.2? (Subroutines!!!)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Did you go the Confusion route, or in another direction with it?
His side b?
If so, a mix.
It's similar to confusion in a way, but it's stronger-I might just name it confusion on crack.
Basically, it makes a good sized barrier around it. Touching it throws you back, dealing 13 damage (in brawl+, at least). While the barrier is up, Mewtwo is useless. If you get behind him, he's trapped, but that can be hard to do. Also, in the air, if he accidently uses it, he's most likely done for. It's a good attack, just had to make it so it's not overpowered.

To those saying sharing is caring-
We will share it, however we want to finish a few things (such as completely remove all aura-using Project SA and CLR0s this is surprisingly possible. Some will be removed, some will be made into the dark aura mewtwo had).

Also, the down b is kinda overpowered. You can really spam it.
But, it does stun bowser in the exact same way Mewtwo does.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Bob, you can do it! Just set the stun property again and mess with hitstun values until it feels right.[X/Y/Z Offsets or something are actually shield/hitstun values].

-DD
-_-

Didn't I already state how to work Disable?

BKB and KBG determine the amount of time stunned.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, yeah, but I still want to see if they have anything better. I'll see what I can do with it tomorrow; my free time is broken up into 15-30 minute spurts right now, which throws off my usual game of extensive trial and error, but changing a couple values should be fine.

Edit: While I'm here, is there anything new we can do with PSA 0.2? (Subroutines!!!)
DX I'm not touching 0.2. From reports I hear the bugs haven't been fixed and lots more things are going wrong. but I suppose having a copy of 0.1 and using 0.2 to edit Subroutines couldn't hurt.

-_-

Didn't I already state how to work Disable?

BKB and KBG determine the amount of time stunned.
>_> Yea, that's what I MEANT. T.T Forgive meeeee.

His side b?
If so, a mix.
It's similar to confusion in a way, but it's stronger-I might just name it confusion on crack.
Basically, it makes a good sized barrier around it. Touching it throws you back, dealing 13 damage (in brawl+, at least). While the barrier is up, Mewtwo is useless. If you get behind him, he's trapped, but that can be hard to do. Also, in the air, if he accidently uses it, he's most likely done for. It's a good attack, just had to make it so it's not overpowered.

To those saying sharing is caring-
We will share it, however we want to finish a few things (such as completely remove all aura-using Project SA and CLR0s this is surprisingly possible. Some will be removed, some will be made into the dark aura mewtwo had).

Also, the down b is kinda overpowered. You can really spam it.
But, it does stun bowser in the exact same way Mewtwo does.
o.O If that's the case then toss some lag at the end of it and be on your merry way and help me out over here with this pain-in-the-*** teleport.

OH! Guys! Look at SubRoutine 19BE0. Its called through this path on an untouched Lucario:
[Actn]115->[Actn]11E->[Actn]11F->[Sbrt]19BE0...and THEN->[Subact]1E2 AND [Actn]120!!!

I THINK 19BE0 IS THE KEY TO INVISIBILITY! TESTTESTESTESTESTESTHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE.

Either that or its somewhere in Action 120!

-DD

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
DX I'm not touching 0.2. From reports I hear the bugs haven't been fixed and lots more things are going wrong. but I suppose having a copy of 0.1 and using 0.2 to edit Subroutines couldn't hurt.

>_> Yea, that's what I MEANT. T.T Forgive meeeee.

o.O If that's the case then toss some lag at the end of it and be on your merry way and help me out over here with this pain-in-the-*** teleport.

OH! Guys! Look at SubRoutine 19BE0. Its called through this path on an untouched Lucario:
[Actn]115->[Actn]11E->[Actn]11F->[Sbrt]19BE0...and THEN->[Subact]1E2 AND [Actn]120!!!

I THINK 19BE0 IS THE KEY TO INVISIBILITY! TESTTESTESTESTESTESTHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE.

Either that or its somewhere in Action 120!

-DD
Well
we're part of a team.
Also, we're going in a slightly different direction than you seem to be going. You seem to be going for an almost complete clone of melee mewtwo, and we're going for one with a lot of different moves from melee mewtwo.
Not quiet sure this would work.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well
we're part of a team.
Also, we're going in a slightly different direction than you seem to be going. You seem to be going for an almost complete clone of melee mewtwo, and we're going for one with a lot of different moves from melee mewtwo.
Not quiet sure this would work.
>_> I didn't want to clone Mewtwo either. I wanted to make him cool[er]. But my cohorts insist that we start by cloning, and then evolve and expand from there...and I can't really argue that its a terrible idea, since it is a good way for me to get familiar with the program and Lucario's .pac along the way.

Also, Teleport better be something in your Mewtwo's future, and we could at least work together on THAT.

But hey, you can work with us, and we'll work out what we want to happen and work as a larger team :3.
-DD

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
>_> I didn't want to clone Mewtwo either. I wanted to make him cool[er]. But my cohorts insist that we start by cloning, and then evolve and expand from there...and I can't really argue that its a terrible idea, since it is a good way for me to get familiar with the program and Lucario's .pac along the way.

Also, Teleport better be something in your Mewtwo's future, and we could at least work together on THAT.

But hey, you can work with us, and we'll work out what we want to happen and work as a larger team :3.
-DD
Larger team is always good. And setting the base is good, becaue as long as we don't change any moves around, we can just point, click and buff/nerf whatever we feel is needed. Trust us, we (I mean the hacking team I'll start really getting involved once buff/nerfing comes along) don't want to make a clone of M2, because frankly, he had some serious problems that we are going to fix one way or another.

^at neontogepi

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Is it okay if I help with hitboxes?

Just wondering.
Yes please =3.
I'm going to REALLY need you when I want to start building Mewtwo's tail.

;o We're gonna have to build hitboxes that float where his tail SHOULD be, and they're going to be purple fire at all times.

Otherwise Mewtwo would be like Snake with invisible apendages that shoot out from his body.
-DD

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Cloning Mewtwo with a new weight (one of his largest problems) and buffing/nerfing his moves as seen fit would do well. Rather then creating entirely new moves.

IMO Mewtwo was in Melee, but built for Brawl. With an unjust weight given how floaty he was already....

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Cloning Mewtwo with a new weight (one of his largest problems) and buffing/nerfing his moves as seen fit would do well. Rather then creating entirely new moves.

IMO Mewtwo was in Melee, but built for Brawl. With an unjust weight given how floaty he was already....
Weee.... if you have all the properties complete, I could finish up his DownB and add the properties and release a demo .pac D:!
-DD

SuSa

The important parts of his properties are completed and given to you. For now the others can be based off of Lucario til I get the time.

Went to a tournament yesterday, having a smashfest today, work on Tuesday, sister comes on Wednesday. :x

I'm booked. :(

I'll try to find time to get the semi-important but not all that game changing stuff (like how high/far he techjumps) sometime... but for now I'm busy. >.< sorry

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The important parts of his properties are completed and given to you. For now the others can be based off of Lucario til I get the time.

Went to a tournament yesterday, having a smashfest today, work on Tuesday, sister comes on Wednesday. :x

I'm booked. :(

I'll try to find time to get the semi-important but not all that game changing stuff (like how high/far he techjumps) sometime... but for now I'm busy. >.< sorry
Haha, Okay, just making sure that I have what I need then.
-DD

SuSa

Yah, you have the important stuff. The minor things are the things I still need to do to get him 'as close as possible' but again... that isn't VASTLY important, and Lucario's should do for him until I get around to it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yah, you have the important stuff. The minor things are the things I still need to do to get him 'as close as possible' but again... that isn't VASTLY important, and Lucario's should do for him until I get around to it.
I handed off work to Bobson for now, hopefully he'll post what he accomplishes~
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Right, well, I thought I'd let you guys know I'm releasing a demo pac tonight, just to get an opinion from everyone on how they feel its coming along...

T.T Don't be mean, its very hard to work with what I've been given.
-DD

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
You're using Lucario as your base for mewtwo?

You realize that the aura thing will screw with him royally, right?

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Until they can graphic port, we are stuck with Lamacario.

:(

And, demo tonight. SWEET!

netrunui

Smash Cadet
been waiting all day for the demo, with this team working on it, i know it'll be awesome.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
You're using Lucario as your base for mewtwo?

You realize that the aura thing will screw with him royally, right?
If you're referring to his damage thing... good point, I hope DD has thought to remove it.
If you're referring to the animations... It's a demo, who cares.

But still either way, its not like he's fit for battle yet, I'll probably just use this stuff in training so it wont matter.

someonewhodied

Smash Rookie
A suggestion for this:
replace the 2nd jump animation with a forward roll.
if I remember correctly, in melee, mewtwo's 2nd jump is a lot like ness's (a flip)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
A suggestion for this:
replace the 2nd jump animation with a forward roll.
if I remember correctly, in melee, mewtwo's 2nd jump is a lot like ness's (a flip)
I'll note this somewhere. I completely forgot about that.

Also: The aura thing is removable. No biggy. As far as finding it, that's probably something that is in all of Lucario's hitboxes, and flagged. Because attacks/hitboxes I've added are not effected by Aura. Since I'm changing probably 90% of the hitboxes properties and making so many new ones altogether...I'll just remake everything with working flags then, and BAM! Aura solved.

>_> Of course, I'm not doing any of the people who want to crack Aura's inner workings any good, but still.

As for that demo...I ran into some issues today personally, and I've been checking into the forums every now and again to look at posts from my phone...and it seems someone has managed to get a Wolf Animation ported to Lucario...so this opens up a LOT of doors for me, and I intend to look into it for tonight, and any discoveries I find will be placed in the .pac file for release tomorrow evening, circa 8PM EST.

With that said, I can give you the test pac I have, which really has no major changes done to it...just a change on things for his UpB and DownB...and they're not fully functional...but I guess releasing it couldn't hurt...

Have a blast?

That one is probably not as updated as the one I started testing when I began work today...so yea. Bear with me fellas~

Have a ball.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, on the chopping block tomorrow[today] for Demo release:

Already posted properties added

New DTaunt

NAir
FAir
UAir?

Basic ShadowBall
Fix up "Teleport"
Fix up "Disable"

I got really busy irl out of nowhere. It sucks. It should wrap up though.
-DD

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Could somebody please post a video of Mewtwo? That would be great.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
I think we are able to remove them. Although I'm not huge into the whole Brawl+ thing and codes so I could very well be wrong.
We are.
Every aura gfx and hit stuff would have to be removed.
And even after that, it'd have to be clr0 and texture hacked.
But, it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom