• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
This is looking sweet so far, can't wait until he's ready. My biggest complaint about Brawl was that they took out Roy and Mewtwo to make way for new viral marketing when they could have just spent a little bit of time fixing Mewtwo and adjusting Roy.

I'm just hoping that this and the Roy Project can figure out a way to have the model/animations/etc be attached to a certain color, so Lucario/Marth are normal with their default colors and Mewtwo/Roy in their white/red colors (for example).

And is it too late to make move suggestions? Because I feel that Confusion and Disable could be discarded and replaced with a couple of better moves. Psybeam would work well for Side B, make it operate similar to Flamethrower/Fire Breath and adjust the flames so they look like Psychic energy. Psycho Cut would be a great Down B, spins around Mewtwo for a second and hits multiple times on the ground and once in the air (could take Link's Spin Slash animation effects for ground and air and use them for Psycho Cut, with some recoloring and adjusting).

jalued

Smash Lord
This is looking sweet so far, can't wait until he's ready. My biggest complaint about Brawl was that they took out Roy and Mewtwo to make way for new viral marketing when they could have just spent a little bit of time fixing Mewtwo and adjusting Roy.

I'm just hoping that this and the Roy Project can figure out a way to have the model/animations/etc be attached to a certain color, so Lucario/Marth are normal with their default colors and Mewtwo/Roy in their white/red colors (for example).

And is it too late to make move suggestions? Because I feel that Confusion and Disable could be discarded and replaced with a couple of better moves. Psybeam would work well for Side B, make it operate similar to Flamethrower/Fire Breath and adjust the flames so they look like Psychic energy. Psycho Cut would be a great Down B, spins around Mewtwo for a second and hits multiple times on the ground and once in the air (could take Link's Spin Slash animation effects for ground and air and use them for Psycho Cut, with some recoloring and adjusting).
tbh its a bit late. PLus i thing Psy-wave is the other option (wave of energy comes out of mew2), kinda like a gtfo move. All mew2 needs is the model change so he actually is mew2. Then YAY!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Its never too late to suggest!

I'm pretty good with this here PSA, and I personally dislike Confusion/Disable...but how I made Confusion work now [central to tech-chase, actually reflects projectiles], I kinda like it a lot more.

But yea, as it looks, if I can't get disable 100% satisfactory, then its getting dropped, for some GTFO-type move.
-DD

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
If you have gotten Confusion to actually be useful, then that's good :) But Disable, I have no idea how that could be made beneficial at all.

Psywave would be another good choice to replace Disable with, it could be a good GTFO move by blasting with a pulse of psychic energy (low damage but good knockback, a great setup for a Shadow Ball).

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
You won't be able to land it two times in a row against anyone that knows how to shield (at least it this build).

I'm fine with replacing Disable with PsyWave. Confusion should stay as is (pretty useful onstage).

netrunui

Smash Cadet
DarkDragoon:
Just a word of advise. Why don't you make one build with a finished disable. Then when you're finished with that build, you work on one with alternate move(s).

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
So, let me get this right:

Not only are you editing Brawl (with Lucario as the base character) to mimic Mewtwo's Moveset, but you are ALSO importing a custom MODEL for him?

And furthermore, is this the scrapped model that was found in Brawl when it was hacked?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Not only are you editing Brawl (with Lucario as the base character) to mimic Mewtwo's Moveset, but you are ALSO importing a custom MODEL for him?

And furthermore, is this the scrapped model that was found in Brawl when it was hacked?
Yep, you got it right, buddy.

edit: No, I don't think so...

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Well, in that case, are custom character portraits and sounds possible? How far can you go with custom animations or hitbox editing?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses

Yes.
Yes, as soon as Pharrox released his importer (which shouldn't be long).
No, it will be a model made from scratch. The Mewtwo files that were found on the Brawl disc had nothing on them, just empty files.

BurningCharizard

Smash Cadet
Downloaded it and tried it out, liking it so far. But he doesn't have the Shadow Ball charging animation from the videos :( I liked that.

His Uair is extremely hard to hit with, it's like he's not even doing it.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
WTF is wrong with you Charizard. that charging animation was lame, had tons of animation glitches, and was useless, if you really want it then ask him to make it the aerial charging animation.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
OniK4age, might I suggest speeding up the animations for Uair and Dair a bit?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*blinkblink*
I'll start working on this again xD!

>_> Well, if Oni is going to do an update to his last build, then I'll work after he puts it out, else I'll continue from his previous build.

1)Attempt to repair disable.
2a) Create Psywave/Psyburst if disable doesn't work.
2b) Make a couple creative changes to see how it helps with balance/flow of the moveset.

-DD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
*blinkblink*
I'll start working on this again xD!

>_> Well, if Oni is going to do an update to his last build, then I'll work after he puts it out, else I'll continue from his previous build.

1)Attempt to repair disable.
2a) Create Psywave/Psyburst if disable doesn't work.
2b) Make a couple creative changes to see how it helps with balance/flow of the moveset.

-DD
oh you were gonna do one? haha. well, Ive got some re-organizing to do in my room so I probably wont get to it. if youve got the time, you can go ahead and update it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
oh you were gonna do one? haha. well, Ive got some re-organizing to do in my room so I probably wont get to it. if youve got the time, you can go ahead and update it.
Well, if all you were thinking was increasing animation speeds, then I'll do that in addition to whatever I get going to add.
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
Brawlbox lets you animation swap now with motion.pac files.

Go get wolfs fair and give it to mewtwo ;-)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

*drools*

:D YAY! I'll pop some adderall and put out an update tonight!
-DD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
*drools*

:D YAY! I'll pop some adderall and put out an update tonight!
-DD
WHAT?! NO KIDDING?!?! AAHHHHHH!! *explodes* now all thats needed is custom animation implementation (which actually really isnt necesary)! awesome.

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet

If that is possible now, maybe we can give mewtwo the tail attack animations of yoshi's Bair (only 1 hit animation) to his Bair and Fox's/falco's Dtilt animation for Dtilt (maybe even yoshi's Uair for M2's Uair?).
If i remember correctly, mewtwo does attack with his tail for some moves but the problem i think might happen is that the tail on lucario wont move and ends up whipping things with his butt which ain't a pretty sight >_<

Peach's (brawl) dash attack might fit good aswell as i think her's comes pretty close to the one mewtwo had in Melee.

Charizard's Ftilt might fit in too if hopefully the tail will move.

But anyways those are my ideas, I really like how mewtwo turned out and it's loads of fun to play with it^^ Keep up the awesome work you're doing now DD :D (and all the other people who contributed in this project).

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If that is possible now, maybe we can give mewtwo the tail attack animations of yoshi's Bair (only 1 hit animation) to his Bair and Fox's/falco's Dtilt animation for Dtilt (maybe even yoshi's Uair for M2's Uair?).
If i remember correctly, mewtwo does attack with his tail for some moves but the problem i think might happen is that the tail on lucario wont move and ends up whipping things with his butt which ain't a pretty sight >_<

Peach's (brawl) dash attack might fit good aswell as i think her's comes pretty close to the one mewtwo had in Melee.

Charizard's Ftilt might fit in too if hopefully the tail will move.

But anyways those are my ideas, I really like how mewtwo turned out and it's loads of fun to play with it^^ Keep up the awesome work you're doing now DD :D (and all the other people who contributed in this project).
xD Oh yea, I forgot about all the tail moves.
Well uh...I'll make a rebalance .pac release in a few hours, and then I'll work all tomorrow on making the animation swaps.
-DD

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
*drools @ Shadowclaw*.

....oh and when we get the final version, someone please make sure Taj knows.
I don't think Taj will care. Brawl+ Mewtwo will end up playing differently from Melee Mewtwo. Gimpyfish pretty much hates Brawl Bowser. :/

I for one am pretty hyped about this release though.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:3 Okay guys, I really wanna release, but its not quite what I wanted yet, so I'm gonna sleep on it.

Sorry 'bout that~
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Speed up DAIR/UAIR
LESS LAG ON FAIR
Animation on Disable

Gave up on trying to fix it. I'll make a "Psyburst" .pac later to experiment with.

ANIMATIONS:
WALK: -
RUN : MK/Charizard

JAB: -
FTILT: Charizard
UTILT: ?/No Change
DTILT: Lucas
FAIR:Wolf

UAir:Charizard[NAir]/No change
BAir:Charizard
DAir:Charizard
NAir:No Change

TAUNT1: Gannon's floaty one.
TAUNT2: Custom Mewtwo Taunt

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Speed up DAIR/UAIR
LESS LAG ON FAIR
Animation on Disable

ANIMATIONS:
WALK: -
RUN : MK/Charizard

JAB: -
FTILT: Charizard
UTILT: ?/No Change
DTILT: Lucas
FAIR:Wolf

UAir:Charizard[NAir]/No change
BAir:Charizard
DAir:Charizard
NAir:No Change

TAUNT1: Gannon's floaty one.
TAUNT2: Custom Mewtwo Taunt
Up-A = unchanged
Down-A: Lucas down-a or ZSS or even Mario Foward-A Angled Downward
ForwardA unchanged as far as I know

UpAir: ZSS maybe
ForwardAir: Wolf or Sheik
DownAir: kinda pushing it but...maybe snake's forward or down air
BackAir: Yoshi backair but only up stroke and slowed down

I've got somemore ideas, but I have to eat...

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
I'm very impressed by Smashbox making animation swaps possible. Nearly every one of Mewtwo's missing moves seems to have a similar animation available now. These recent discoveries are really mind-blowing. @_@

I especially like Wolf f-air for Mewtwo's shadow claw. =D

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Its Ironic how many pages ago in this thread the character animation list were deemed useless but then BAM!! outta now where there somewhat useful.
Just wheird

Now what I wanna know is can we use for his throws and manage projectiles such as with Mewtwo's foward throw or his ShadowBall. Then we would be pretty much set.

Now just have to wait for the piece de perfection. THE MODEL.

Also
D-smash-Lucas (looks more like M2 then the current one. even though the current one is nearly perfect)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> I haven't done any swaps yet, but I'm concerned that that it will change Lucario's size to Lucas' size when using Lucas' attacks, and etc.
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom