• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Primid

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Whelp, I gave it a go, and Alloy's specials cannot be used. Even having a Change Action 114 whn Up+B is pressed, and filling 114 with stuff doesn't work.

On the plus side, I can still change to other actions when Up+B is pressed, so giving Alloy a jump as his Up+B is very plausible.
No way to make the up-B an attack?

And any idea on how to make ledge grabbing possible- wait, something came to mind.
Primid NEEDS A DODGE.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
There's a code in PSA that determines whether or not you can grab the ledge right? What if you used that code and Primid's Wait1 animation or something?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
No way to make the up-B an attack?

And any idea on how to make ledge grabbing possible- wait, something came to mind.
Primid NEEDS A DODGE.
Nah, I can. I just can't make my own actions, which is kind of limiting. And yes, a dodge would be very nice. I've actually tried giving an Alloy its own dodge in the past, with limited success. I'm certain something can be figured out though.

Regarding the ledge grab code -- I haven't tried it yet, but that probably won't work. The problem is more likely involving the lack of ledge grab actions... but we'll see once I get around to testing it. (I just acquired New Super Mario Bros. Wii <.<)

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Kyral has given this character hope. BBox V0.60 allows Animation editing, which means that you can import animations and then fix them up to make the bones less messed up.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Kyral has given this character hope. BBox V0.60 allows Animation editing, which means that you can import animations and then fix them up to make the bones less messed up.
It'd be so much easier if you could drag the bones instead of relying on entering the numbers... oh well.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Is the Primid still being worked on?

I seem to have a problem with model swaps. I tried a Ridley on Mario a while back and Rid didn't show up.

I'd just like to know what went wrong so that I don't make the same mistake for Primid.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Is the Primid still being worked on?

I seem to have a problem with model swaps. I tried a Ridley on Mario a while back and Rid didn't show up.

I'd just like to know what went wrong so that I don't make the same mistake for Primid.
Yes, I am still working on Primid. I just downloaded the new BrawlBox, and I have been messing with his animations.

Well... now I just feel bad. I promised you guys a character, and all I have put out is hype. Thing is, Primid has around 92 animations, one third of what most characters have. Now that BrawlBox is far more sophisticated... I might actually restart the Project.

I realized several things. It is pointless to continue to try and make Alloys do things they can't. For the next little while, I am going to spend my time trying to get Primid to boot up on a normal character. From there, it is a walk in the park. I will replace the animations as I have been doing, and since he is missing a few, I will borrow a couple, as well as create a few myself so that he isn't a clone of everyone. I am thinking of replacing either one of the Mario Bros, or possibly Fox or Falco (Wolf is too tall for Primid to use his animations if needed). From there, remove sounds, add graphics, perhaps add some Primid sound effects (Surprisingly they do have some), and make him more Primidy.

I will also stop keeping you all up to date, since this project will probably take a few months to totally finish. If you really want to know what I'm up to, go to the Brawl+ chatroom. I am usually hanging around and griping about something, so just feel free to ask.

As a personal note to myself: Subspace Emissary: Enemy 2 181-185.

Alright, thats about it I guess.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Good luck! I'll still be available for help if you need it. I'm actually kinda jealous and wishing I were making Primid, since it just became a huge amount easier and more fun because of the animation viewer :p

I'll just have to find something else to do with the animation editor. The possiblities are endless!

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Good luck! I'll still be available for help if you need it. I'm actually kinda jealous and wishing I were making Primid, since it just became a huge amount easier and more fun because of the animation viewer :p

I'll just have to find something else to do with the animation editor. The possiblities are endless!
You know man, there are PLENTY of other things you can do. I have a load of ideas, so if it gets you thinking of a character, go ahead and take it. I think that after Primid might call it quits on character making anyways. Some of these models might not work, but you could still give them a try

-Tom Nook from Smashville
-Knuckles from GHZ
-Tails from GHZ
-Toad from Peach
-Bulborb from Distant Planet (Scaled down)
-Koopa from Subspace
-Bombed from Subspace (More of a novelty)
-Borboras from Subspace
-Greap from Subspace (Scaled down)
-Nagog from Subspace
-Poppant from Subspace
-Puppit from Subspace
-Shaydas from Subspace
-Waddle Dee or Doo from Dedede
-Shyguy from Mario Circuit
-Boo from Luigis Mansion (I am not sure if they are a model or a graphic. Worth a look)
-Pokemon from PKMN Stadium 2
-Saki the Assist Trophy
-Goroh the Assist Trophy
-Polar bear from Summit

Seriously, go nuts. Those are just a few models that I can think of off the top of my head (And a SSE enemy list) that have sort of interested me. Be creative and look around the game for any models you can find that you want. Heck, maybe look in different games! I heard that New Super Mario Bros Wii uses the same model types!

Man, Brawl be the same game once we are through with it...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
You know man, there are PLENTY of other things you can do. I have a load of ideas, so if it gets you thinking of a character, go ahead and take it. I think that after Primid might call it quits on character making anyways. Some of these models might not work, but you could still give them a try

[...]

Seriously, go nuts. Those are just a few models that I can think of off the top of my head (And a SSE enemy list) that have sort of interested me. Be creative and look around the game for any models you can find that you want. Heck, maybe look in different games! I heard that New Super Mario Bros Wii uses the same model types!

Heheh, that's a good list -- I actually spent today sorting through all the Brawl files looking for interesting prospects. Preferably ones with animations to work with -- making entire animations is still a huge hassle.

I hope you don't call it quits -- there's too few character makers already. As you've shown, there're more than enough potential characters to go around :D

Lyn? Please?
Prehaps! Lately I've been fooling around with Galleom. It's coming along pretty well -- except I can't edit his TransN bone on his walk animation without his foot glitching out a bunch for some reason. :/ Let me know if anyone has similar problems/solutions.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I hope you don't call it quits -- there's too few character makers already. As you've shown, there're more than enough potential characters to go around :D
I'll be making characters too, except what pisses me off is the **** models freezing on me. Has anyone found a way to fix models that freeze. I've tried resizing the file, that doesn't work.

Also, couldn't you use BrawlBox to give alloys special move animation, grab animations, etc. If you give them an animation would it use it when you press the right button? Or would you have to do something else to it?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Shame when i try to open the BRRES files with Brawl Box it says its not the right kind of file, but that would rock.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace

-Tom Nook from Smashville
-Knuckles from GHZ
-Tails from GHZ
-Toad from Peach
-Bulborb from Distant Planet (Scaled down)
-Koopa from Subspace
-Bombed from Subspace (More of a novelty)
-Borboras from Subspace
-Greap from Subspace (Scaled down)
-Nagog from Subspace
-Poppant from Subspace
-Puppit from Subspace
-Shaydas from Subspace
-Waddle Dee or Doo from Dedede
-Shyguy from Mario Circuit
-Boo from Luigis Mansion (I am not sure if they are a model or a graphic. Worth a look)
-Pokemon from PKMN Stadium 2
-Saki the Assist Trophy
-Goroh the Assist Trophy
-Polar bear from Summit

O_O New Super Mario Bros. Wii... *drools* Somebody HAS to get Bowser's model, I've been sick of Bowser's Brawl model since I first saw it (not to mention his voice). Am I the only person that was turned off by Bowser's overall appearance in Brawl compared to Galaxy?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
O_O New Super Mario Bros. Wii... *drools* Somebody HAS to get Bowser's model, I've been sick of Bowser's Brawl model since I first saw it (not to mention his voice). Am I the only person that was turned off by Bowser's overall appearance in Brawl compared to Galaxy?
Nope. Me too.

Bowser's Brawl model is ugly. The huge gums are disgusting. And his voice sounds off. It's awesome when Gigafied, though...

But Bowser looks so badarse in his recent mainstream appearances! :) Galaxy Bowser RULES!

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Here are the most irritating ones :

Walk bug.
Random freezes.
Freezes when grabbed/grab.
Eldiran fixed the walk bug: set TransN to 0 and use the momentum event in PSA to move (to find the event number look back a couple pages).

Random freezes I'm not sure how to help you with. It might be a move that you use or the stage or another character. Try to find out.

To stop yourself from grabbing someone else rename it to none in PSA (what I do) or delete the animation (I haven't tried). I'm not exactly sure how to prevent yourself from being grabbed, but you could do the before mentioned strategy to all of the opponents you are going to fight with him.

Someone tell me if I am wrong in any of this.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Probably most of your freezes stem from the moveset causing problems. It may be trying to place a graphic or hitbox on a nonexistent bone, or it could be trying to access a nonexistent article or a nonexistent animation.

As for grabbing : do you have a ThrowN bone? If not, that is why it crashes. You'll need to make one. You can't make bones, so that is a problem. Maybe you can rename a less useful bone?

A last resort to fix being grabbed would be to make him immune to being grabbed (entirely possible, but I can't remember how and am feeling too lazy to look it up until necessary >.>).

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Here are the most irritating ones :

Walk bug.
Random freezes.
Freezes when grabbed/grab.
Hmm, lesse here.

As the other guys said, Walk bug has been fixed sort of. As for random freezes, I noticed them to be frequent in Primid myself, but once I replaced everything with his own animations (Since he had matching bones), then freezes became less common.

As for being grabbed, I have never had that issue. I mean my screen goes nuts if you grab Primid, but thats it.

And don't worry Eldrian, I have no intentions of dropping Primid any time soon. Hehehe... perhaps with the clone engine, he can be official in the world of Brawl hackery. I also want to use him in a Machinima...

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'm having some problems with Primid. I downloaded the one on page 11, but ingame I don't get Primid's model, just a squished Red Alloy. I put the FitZakoBoy.pac and FitZakoBoyMotion.pac in the right folder, but it won't work. Anyone know why?

I played against him in Multi-Man Brawl, does that have anything to do with it?

m.vit

Smash Rookie
I'm having some problems with Primid. I downloaded the one on page 11, but ingame I don't get Primid's model, just a squished Red Alloy. I put the FitZakoBoy.pac and FitZakoBoyMotion.pac in the right folder, but it won't work. Anyone know why?

I played against him in Multi-Man Brawl, does that have anything to do with it?
You need the pcs too I believe

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
You need the pcs too I believe
For normal matches you definitely need it. In SSE and Boss Battles you just need the .pac.

Hey Eldiran, you said that you added a Change Action to Primids Up+B to change it to his jump, how did you do that? In PSA it stops at 1CE (by the way, what is ColorAnime) and doesn't go any higher, so how did you access his SpecialHi?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
if it helps, swapping certain models onto pikachu doesnt have the move glitch. i think it's something in pikachu's pac. maybe someone can look into it

Eldiran

Smash Lord
For normal matches you definitely need it. In SSE and Boss Battles you just need the .pac.

Hey Eldiran, you said that you added a Change Action to Primids Up+B to change it to his jump, how did you do that? In PSA it stops at 1CE (by the way, what is ColorAnime) and doesn't go any higher, so how did you access his SpecialHi?
I actually never accessed Red Alloy's Up+B, I just made pressing Up+B Change Action to the regular double jump action.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I actually never accessed Red Alloy's Up+B, I just made pressing Up+B Change Action to the regular double jump action.
Could that be used to Change Subaction to something with the data for a special? (aka an unused spot)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Could that be used to Change Subaction to something with the data for a special? (aka an unused spot)
Well, sort of. You couldn't use Change Action, and it would be more convoluted to set up a Change Subaction to detect button input properly... you'd probably have to set up an infinite loop that checks for input (using an If) every frame.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Well, where did you put the Change Action? I can't even find where to put it.

On a different topic, Thunderspam, you might be able to give Primid a Final Smash! I don't know if this is new information to you, but when I got a Final Smash Ball with my Drifloon (over Yellow Alloy) instead of doing absolutely nothing (like when you press B+anything), it froze my character in place because there was no animation. So, if you give him an animation, the button already works, so it should do the animation!

Eldiran

Smash Lord

On a different topic, Thunderspam, you might be able to give Primid a Final Smash! I don't know if this is new information to you, but when I got a Final Smash Ball with my Drifloon (over Yellow Alloy) instead of doing absolutely nothing (like when you press B+anything), it froze my character in place because there was no animation. So, if you give him an animation, the button already works, so it should do the animation!
Oh, I just put it in his Wait and Walk subactions. At some point I was going to put it in all the subactions from which a character could normally Up+B.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Where's the .pcs, because it wasn't in the download on page 11.
It is there, you just have to open your eyes in order to see it. That model of Primid is far from complete though, so you are not missing much.

I know the buttons already work, since they do have actions for special attacks, they are just empty. Primid does the same thing with a Final smash, so I would need to set an animation, and how the attack works. This is not a priority right now, since specials seem far more important.

Oh, I just put it in his Wait and Walk subactions. At some point I was going to put it in all the subactions from which a character could normally Up+B.
Cool beans. Mind uploading it so I can try it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom