• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
See that guy on the corner? Yeah that's not me.
Can you make up characters out of the moves and 3D models from the game?

Example: Use Isaac's model:

Give him Toon Link's sword attacks.
UP+B: Kirby's
Side+B:Charizard's
Down+B: Donkey Kong's
B: Ike's
?

I mean... in the long run, of course. Such as make up a patch with more characters?
It'll probably be possible eventually.

MaxThunder

PM Support
So anyone else just sitting here refreshing the window every 10 seconds?
definately

lol, i got 3 tabs open, one for this, one for the revealed on wiki, and one on the thread page
...i got about 50... on for this... one for the mewtwo thread... one for galaxie darkness... and uhm... manga.. ewerything else is manga...

Edit: and one for this http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=1064.0 that i have waited the whole day without getting any help with

Revven

FrankerZ
This program doesn't allow you to switch models and change animations of that model. Refer to Pharrox's model topic if you want to make new models and animations for the model. You could use PZ to use the animations of an existing character (as you would be making a model based off that char) but if you wanted to do new animations, you'd have to use Pharrox's program.

Gazoinks

Smash Cadet
I really hope Phantom Wings isn't cruel enough to tease us like this and then not release it. T_T

Gigas_Deth

Smash Apprentice
See that guy on the corner? Yeah that's not me.
This program doesn't allow you to switch models and change animations of that model. Refer to Pharrox's model topic if you want to make new models and animations for the model. You could use PZ to use the animations of an existing character (as you would be making a model based off that char) but if you wanted to do new animations, you'd have to use Pharrox's program.
That clears up some of my questions.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I'm just typing in random values and seeing what happens when I pick Toon Link.

Gazoinks

Smash Cadet
Dunno. I haven't figured it out yet. All I know is that you have to call a graphical effect and specify where it shows up, but I have no idea how to find the addresses.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
If you want to add fire effects to a run then just look at pheonix mario's run GFX scripts. Im doing that now lol

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I'm super confused on how to use this, I can't even tell which set of animations is what.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I know what the attributes are, just not how to modify them. I've tried changing them 3 times and the game always crashes when I pick Tink.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Also i think we should keep all the questions in this thread so that the official thread doesnt get flooded with none useful info.

MaxThunder

PM Support
i can change animations=)... and i'm making a list of animation name and whaths what for yoshi... thats about everything i get of it though...

Yingyay

Smash Ace
i can change animations=)... and i'm making a list of animation name and whaths what for yoshi... thats about everything i get of it though...
For the love of sakurai please tell me how you identify animations? O_O

MaxThunder

PM Support
For the love of sakurai please tell me how you identify animations? O_O
look at the sub actions... on most of the valus for sub acions there is an animation name... thats the animation... you just have to identify what name they have... then try finding the one that says Run... make that AttackAirF ... by the way... i think the animation names are global... if not... it would be really stupid...

jokey665

Smash Ace
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i can't even open the exe. it says there was an error. do i need to do something else or what?
You need the .net framework. I had 2.0 and it was able to open but I wasn't able to do anything with it. I upgraded to 3.5 and it works perfectly.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ugh... i need to get the boot camp drivers then. i don't have them on my leopard disk so my windows side is essentially just a fresh OS that can't do anything.

Apocolypse3000

Smash Cadet
Looking at how involved this SA utility is, it's obvious that Phantom Wings is no stranger to programming and the like. So since this is still a Q & A thread, I was wondering if, eventually toward the latter end of Project SA's finally development, whether Phantom Wings or anyone who is skilled in programming would use Adobe Air so they can not only make the application cross platform but also find a way to make it more user friendly for quicker manipulation? Just a random as hell thought that popped up in my head.

GBrute

Smash Rookie
I can load this, but it gives me several error messages as to missing txt files.
Then I can't click of anything in the program window except the File, Help, (the other one, don't remember), and the close/mini/maximize buttons.
I'm lost.

I did upgrade net framework to 3.5.

Top Bottom