• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

Leo Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I feel Volnutt should be a character that is hard to use, but a total beast once you manage to get the hang of him. That's how he has been in Tatsunoko VS Capcom, anyways. People thought he was low-tier until people started mastering him, then they were like "Holy **** this guy is amazing." He has a great keep-away game, difficult but brutal combo capabilities giving him a great melee game, the only thing is that his stamina is a little low. The first two parts are easy to emulate in Brawl (his charge shot needs to take a while, but deal massive damage when fully charged), the last should come in the form of being easy to knock around like a lightweight, but falls like a medium-heavyweight. His recovery should be pretty decent though.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
I personally think Jigglypuff should be replaced,because not that MANY people use her and she is a waste of a character space who sux.So could you put Volnutt over Jigglypuff since she works perfectly? =)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
This is why jigs shouldn't be replaced

replace pit, the voices would work out kinda

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I personally think Jigglypuff should be replaced,because not that MANY people use her and she is a waste of a character space who sux.So could you put Volnutt over Jigglypuff since she works perfectly? =)
Posts like these are very dissapointing to read. But that's just my personal opinion.

If you already have Megaman working on Olimar, then keep using him on Olimar. Placing him on another character for the sake of fan preference is silly. I've read way too many posts on gamefaqs talking about how "useless" characters should be removed from "their" game and other garbage.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hmm, interesting project. If you finish this, will you allow me to make a vertex edit of him to look like Original Rock Man? Plus, I'd love to see a Beta of your project fight against mine, online, or something. :p

One more thing, what's with everyone bashing Olimar and ROB? They both freaking rock, and I personally would like to keep both. Why not a character you are used to, such as Donkey Kong? D:

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree BigSharkZ they are both very good,Jigglypuff is the one who needs
to be replaced,all she has is that ****ing ******** rolling move.-_-

But yeah BigSharkZ i completely agree.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
EDIT: Oh and about finalizing a down special, try a protoman shield that works like Pit's.
Is there even a Protoman-like character in the Legends series? (no, seriously, is there?) Maybe if it were classic Megaman then the Proto Shield would be a nice attack idea (until someone else makes a classic Protoman), but it doesn't make much sense to me for Volnutt.

So, let's start getting some dialogue going. How do you see Volnutt in brawl? Post anything you got. Loose ideas, data figures, full movesets, whatever. I'm hoping to have hashed out his entire moveset before I begin work on animations or PSA so I won't need to change much if a new idea comes along.

Oh, and we need to decide once and for all if he's gonna be a ROB swap or an Olimar swap.
It's a hard choice since most of the characters in green are ones that I like. If I went off characters I don't like it'd be either Pikachu or Olimar, however, from a more logical standpoint, ROB (or Pikachu maybe, but a lot of people won't like that) would probably be the best choice as long as it doesn't affect MegaMan's moveset in weird ways. Olimar has his Pikmin, plus he's a common choice next to Alloys so some people might not like that.

Honestly I feel Volnutt should be a character that is hard to use, but a total beast once you manage to get the hang of him. That's how he has been in Tatsunoko VS Capcom, anyways. People thought he was low-tier until people started mastering him, then they were like "Holy **** this guy is amazing." He has a great keep-away game, difficult but brutal combo capabilities giving him a great melee game, the only thing is that his stamina is a little low. The first two parts are easy to emulate in Brawl (his charge shot needs to take a while, but deal massive damage when fully charged), the last should come in the form of being easy to knock around like a lightweight, but falls like a medium-heavyweight. His recovery should be pretty decent though.
God YES! I second this.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Is there even a Protoman-like character in the Legends series? (no, seriously, is there?) Maybe if it were classic Megaman then the Proto Shield would be a nice attack idea (until someone else makes a classic Protoman), but it doesn't make much sense to me for Volnutt.

It's a hard choice since most of the characters in green are ones that I like. If I went off characters I don't like it'd be either Pikachu or Olimar, however, from a more logical standpoint, ROB would probably be the best choice as long as it doesn't affect MegaMan's moveset in weird ways.

God YES! I second this.
Oh look more Olimar hate...-_-

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
No, I dont think there is, but I've only played Megaman 64, not Legends 2 (and was there a third?), but in Super Smash Flash 2 there's a protoman shie- *shot*

Idk, I think it would be a good reference to him. But theres other ideas too, so...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
(and was there a third?)
Not unless you count the spin-off game "The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne" or the episodic mobile game that's only in Japan (it's called Rockman D.A.S.H.: The 5 Island Adventures or something like that)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Not unless you count the spin-off game "The Misadventures Of Tron Bonne" or the episodic mobile game that's only in Japan (it's called Rockman D.A.S.H.: The 5 Island Adventures or something like that)
You play as Tron?! Thats weird... doesn't sound very fun either :/ hmm...

IVE GOT IT!

How about that upgrade you recieve in '64? Those skating shoes? Remember? You travel alot faster with them on. Maybe it can be like a boost or something...

Well, now it sounds more like a Side Special :U Unless you can charge it up like Sonic's Down Special... Idk, this is getting harder lol.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, interesting project. If you finish this, will you allow me to make a vertex edit of him to look like Original Rock Man? Plus, I'd love to see a Beta of your project fight against mine, online, or something. :p

One more thing, what's with everyone bashing Olimar and ROB? They both freaking rock, and I personally would like to keep both. Why not a character you are used to, such as Donkey Kong? D:
PLEASE DO THIS!!! *hype

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
You play as Tron?! Thats weird... doesn't sound very fun either :/ hmm...

IVE GOT IT!

How about that upgrade you recieve in '64? Those skating shoes? Remember? You travel alot faster with them on. Maybe it can be like a boost or something...

Well, now it sounds more like a Side Special :U Unless you can charge it up like Sonic's Down Special... Idk, this is getting harder lol.
Or it could be his dash like in TvC. :p

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Okay, first a few things: I do not want to replace Jiggs because then people would need to choose between Volnutt and Wisp. I'd rather not force people to have to choose between two awesome characters. That's the reason I'm a bit wary of Olimar now. Sure, there's nothing major finished on him yet, but soon there will be a lot of them. The more I look at it, the more I'm liking ROB. He's got tons of articles, he's seldom-used in hacking, and I don't personally know many ROB mains.

If you already have Megaman working on Olimar, then keep using him on Olimar. Placing him on another character for the sake of fan preference is silly. I've read way too many posts on gamefaqs talking about how "useless" characters should be removed from "their" game and other garbage.
The thing is, at this point, it is literally less than five seconds to port him over another character. I want to decide now, because once I start on the moves and animations, it will take significantly longer to swap.

I plan on making him a light weight fast faller, so he'll be easy to kill and combos like a mofo. I'm trying to go for his TvC feel with his controlley style, but a Space Animal-esque combo character would suit him too.

This is why jigs shouldn't be replaced
*epic Jigglybotnik*
Awesome. Pure, unfiltered awesome.

That means a lot coming from one of the foremost Brawl Hackers around here. I'd love to see a classic Mega Man edit, hell, I'd even make an alternate move set for it if I have time.

I was thinking of doing that for Kei_Takaro's shield up-B idea, like he boosts up, and dives down with his shield.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
True, however, he may have custom music, which will cause the game to read music from the disc instead.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
True, however, he may have custom music, which will cause the game to read music from the disc instead.
it can be solved by the code to do that button thing, or walk to a computer :\
just saying... it'd be weird hearing volnut sound like pikmin

m.vit

Smash Rookie
Replace Pikmins with ServBots for major Ownage :p
Anyway, did you make up your mind on which character should be replaced?

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
^well they are voice replacing Cloud so they could do the same thing for Megaman.=)

Also Does anyone know where the Brawl Plus channel is?I cant seem to download it or find it. .__.

And i thought if i unplug my SD card, Brawl plus codes arent on anymore? =/

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^Nah, the codes are only loaded once. File replacement stuff is gone once you take out your Sd card though. Even mu_menumain goes back to normal.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Well, I'd like to voice replace him, but I don't know how, and file patch 4.0 is buggy as hell (or did PW finish it?)

Right now, I'm kind of liking ROB as my base, but your point about Pit's voice is true...

Revven

FrankerZ
4.0 is still buggy, yes, so it's not worth pursuing the voice yet. Only people with the ISO could make use of it which I don't think anyone wants to perma replace a character's voice and then have to switch it back so it's not awkward when not playing as that character... which is a huge pain btw.

Just focus on making the character have a proper move set and animations, worry about fluff and what have you later.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Replace Pikmins with ServBots for major Ownage :p
Yeah, except that'd be more fitting for a Tron Bonne moveset. Either that or using the Ice Climbers as a base, to make her more like she is in MvC2.

Anyway I'm just rambling aimlessly.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I might wind up having to go with Pit or Olimar after all, since testing with the scaled model seems to have left ROB with a few bugs. Some polygons stretched to the limits of the screen, but I think that might be my animation. I think I ****ed up somewhere.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Voice replacement would be awesome. I use a USB and I hate Olimar anyways, so I wouldn't have any reason to switch the voice back. ¦D

Olimar or Pit huh?

Okay, I'm officially neutral now. Those are the two most annoying characters in the game to me. Either one works for me now. XD

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Okay, I think I may have screwed something up royally. I can't even get it to load over an alloy right now. Going to test some things and see if there's anything I can do to fix it. If I do find out what went wrong, ROB might be back on the table. (Pit and Olimar screwed up too)

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
I really want Olimar to leave because at least Pit has some killing potential and nice combos. =)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh you MUST be kidding...Ugh, so I still have to have those two asswipes? >_>

Oh well. At least ROB will be gone, but didn't he mess up before? And what was wrong with Olimar and Pit? o_o

Edit: Pit? Combos? More like cheap spams. >_>

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
when you think about it, im pretty sure that by the time you finish this project, there should be a fully functional clone engine out there seeing how much model swapping is becoming more popular... so yeah just go ahead and chose any character lol.... preferably one that can be useful when it comes to articles and whatnot

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Oh you MUST be kidding...Ugh, so I still have to have those two asswipes? >_>

Oh well. At least ROB will be gone, but didn't he mess up before? And what was wrong with Olimar and Pit? o_o

Edit: Pit? Combos? More like cheap spams. >_>
I think I messed up on the model or the motionetc, because now no one is working properly. Tried a fix, testing it now.

TESTING PROGRESS:
BLUE ALLOY: Actually loaded Blue Alloy's original model, but froze when Mario (who has no hacks on him at all) entered the battle.
OLIMAR: Stretched polygons, model always appears in the center of the screen no matter where Olimar is.
ROB: Stretched polygons, but otherwise fine.
PIT: Same as Olimar.

Here's what I mean by stretched polygons.

Is this just because he's trying to load someone else's animations? Did I screw up the scaling?

I'm gonna try some more tweaking to the motion file, but first I need food.

Top Bottom