• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Wi-Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
A delay could be coming up soon, I fear. It is possible that it won't be delayed, though.
However, if it does and PW's module editor gets released before I release WiWin, I'll try to show off some if any neat tricks for wifi the module editor provides us with.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
A delay could be coming up soon, I fear. It is possible that it won't be delayed, though.
However, if it does and PW's module editor gets released before I release WiWin, I'll try to show off some if any neat tricks for wifi the module editor provides us with.
could we get more details on the possible delay?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
could we get more details on the possible delay?
Well, I need about 20 more files to create private servers. To obtain these files, I must find brawl's certificate(s?) for connecting to certain nintendo websites. That will be very hard.
However, someone said they might be able to make a php script that emulates some of brawl's online files.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Desperately needed update is desperate.

To sum up progress:
-We have been working very hard on getting the last few files
-We had a scare that the urls might be completely wrong and that we would not have actually made any progess on wiwin. We proved this not true, so sorry to anyone who may have heard this.
-Hard to tell how close we are
-Delay is likely but hopefully won't be too big (I gotta get it out before galaxy 2 or I'll be too distracted to work on it for like 2 weeks. :p). I assume it won't be.
-WiWin will release with the "wiwin sdk", which will simply contain all needed files, how to set up a server, and how to set up the main.dol. It is also likely that there will be a "fill in the blanks" style code released with it, but I'm not too sure.
-We can't work on wiwin too much until BionicSonic recieves a needed part in the mail.

If there's a delay and I forget to update (I often do), new release date will be: May 17th. That'll give you time to play the Halo Reach beta and a week to play with WiWin before Galaxy 2 comes out.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
For the future, to reduce the lag. Maybe a way is to find out other nintendo games (for wi fi) they use. For example, I noticed Mario Kart Wii (sorry for off topic) has very little lag, and has nearly or no button lag at all. Maybe Mario Kart Wii uses a better sever than Brawl. When the project wi win is done, it might reduce the lag more than what we expected.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Brawl is a bit more tedious in that it requires more bandwidth to go in and out than other games.

Mario Kart Wii has a system where if your opponent's internet is slow or you don't receive enough data, the game predicts where your opponent is going to be until it gets where they actually are.

Anyway, yeah, still waiting on something in the mail, then I can probably continue on w/ this.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
Brawl is a bit more tedious in that it requires more bandwidth to go in and out than other games.

Mario Kart Wii has a system where if your opponent's internet is slow or you don't receive enough data, the game predicts where your opponent is going to be until it gets where they actually are.

Anyway, yeah, still waiting on something in the mail, then I can probably continue on w/ this.
Unfortunately, a system such as MKW's would not work for a fighting game like brawl. Ah well. :ohwell:

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
hi

What is the scope of this project?

I understand that the scope is only create a 'private' server for brawl+ (example) and when we connect to "with anyone" mode It will only search for players connected on that 'private' server.

It could be good if that mode starts automatically when 2 players are connected and remove any cpu players for an 1vs1 match

But, if you can make rooms and remove the friend code system you are beyond the limit!!!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It could be good if that mode starts automatically when 2 players are connected and remove any cpu players for an 1vs1 match
This would be awesome if it could be done.

But, if you can make rooms and remove the friend code system you are beyond the limit!!!
this seems highly unlikely, but who knows.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
hi

What is the scope of this project?

I understand that the scope is only create a 'private' server for brawl+ (example) and when we connect to "with anyone" mode It will only search for players connected on that 'private' server.

Rooms and no friend code system would take a while.

Hmm....what game has online play that is made strictly by a 3rd party for the Wii? If third parties use the servers first parties do, removing the friend code system is not out of the scope of possibility. The current challenge of WiWin is getting the remaining tools to set up the server. This is a challenge as we don't know exactly what tools are needed. But, once we have those tools, we could get files from other sake servers. And, I looked into it, Monster Hunter Tri uses sake. So, once we get WiWin done, programming it to connect to wifi like Monster Hunter does is likely possible.

Now, programming Brawl's wifi info that isn't server related is another story. Perhaps the module editor could be useful for this?

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
Rooms and no friend code system would take a while.

Hmm....what game has online play that is made strictly by a 3rd party for the Wii? If third parties use the servers first parties do, removing the friend code system is not out of the scope of possibility. The current challenge of WiWin is getting the remaining tools to set up the server. This is a challenge as we don't know exactly what tools are needed. But, once we have those tools, we could get files from other sake servers. And, I looked into it, Monster Hunter Tri uses sake. So, once we get WiWin done, programming it to connect to wifi like Monster Hunter does is likely possible.

Now, programming Brawl's wifi info that isn't server related is another story. Perhaps the module editor could be useful for this?
So we're changing up the wi fi system. Sounds great! There can be improvements on this brawl wi fi system.

Oh here's one. I play Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I noticed the wi fi system has some better features than brawl. Such as Leader Boards/Highscores, skill level, fighting type.(example, you fight aggressivly, like to block, or like to dodge) After you fight your opponent, there's a message asking if you want to register them on your rival roster. You can face a random person and add them without needing to exchange friend codes.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So bio just figured out how to **** you all simply for playing him over wifi. :V

Big discovery.
and this means? haha

Neon Togepi, i was going to mention MH3, cause that online is pretty awesome. we just need someone like PW to create a whole new menu that we could load with FPC or riivolution. but thats something we dont absolutely need and should be low on the priority list.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
We got the tools. May 1st is still expected, guys.

Good news: We got the tools and now can finish wiwin with them!

Bad news: ITS STILL REALLY HARD

But more good news: Found a Pokemon Project with a similar goal to ours. Theyve made it about as far as us and thier research should be useful to us. DS and Wii games are hosted on the same servers, if you didnt know.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
We got the tools. May 1st is still expected, guys.

Good news: We got the tools and now can finish wiwin with them!

Bad news: ITS STILL REALLY HARD

But more good news: Found a Pokemon Project with a similar goal to ours. Theyve made it about as far as us and thier research should be useful to us. DS and Wii games are hosted on the same servers, if you didnt know.
where can i find this pokemon project? could you link or explain what they are doing? it piques my interest as much as this does.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully going to do documentation after school today. Should take a few hours, it definately requires a LOT more work than the main.dol did. Anyone have an IRC for me to chat in while I'm doing it? I'm banned from brawl+ (though an unban would be nice).

wiiztec

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wiiztec
If you're talking about the .rel file ASM viewer I have that

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Someone mind updating me here? I haven't visited this topic in a forever. So basically the project is almost done? Or the beta at least?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I just read this thread.

It looks like u guys are still looking at strings in main.dol, and no one has a USBGecko or knows PPC ASM.

No offense, but you guys realize that in order to create a private server, you will have to capture packets going to and from the brawl servers...

Also, those packets are probably using SSL or RSA or some other kinda certificate or key based encryption.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
so. may 9th deadline is no longer do-able?
No.

@ Danatrion
We don't do most the work in this thread, we do it in our skype chat.

@Bio
I thought we did capture the packets but can't decrypt them?

Now, I honestly can't say I'll have much involvement in this project over the next week or so. Its for personal life reasons. Here's the whole story, if you care:
Tommorow is Cinco de Mayo in my Spanish Class. We are allowed to bring food. Some girl that hates me lied that I said I was going to put ruffies in her food and date **** her with them to the teacher. The teacher told the office and now I have a lot of stuff to eal with. Not just making sure I get in no trouble for something I didn't do, but also getting back at the girl. If the school does get me in trouble, I will get back at them. If, for some stupid reason, it elevates outside of the school and into the court (99% chance it won't though), it'll be time consuming but not to problematic as my dad is a lawyer and has a lot of lawyers on his side. But, either way, a lot more important stuff than a hacking project.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i read the story and wtf that's ******** hopefully nothing will happen from it though

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Sometimes it makes me glad that i'm single even though it has nothign to do with relationships.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Not necesarily....I don't think it will change the lag drastically. But it will allow for some cool things, such as brawl+ with anyone matches if someone makes a brawl+ private server.
not quite.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Idk what the status on the project is. I'd have to ask BionicSonic about it.
I might look into a different project in the meantime though, for a different game. Basically I'm curious as to if it's possible to swap galaxies between SMG1&2. I think it might be.

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Idk what the status on the project is. I'd have to ask BionicSonic about it.
I might look into a different project in the meantime though, for a different game. Basically I'm curious as to if it's possible to swap galaxies between SMG1&2. I think it might be.
Since you seem to be the only wifi-hacker, do you think you could at least release one wifi-compatible code(like wifi status mod) before you switch to SMG? I've been waiting forever for new wifi codes :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom