• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Kinda ignorant aren't cha?

Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl are NOT trying to be Melee. One wants have the elements from 64 and Melee that Brawl removed and be balanced. The other wants to just be Brawl, but not unbalanced.

If it ticks you off, ignore it. If the people behind the two wanted Melee, they'd play Melee. But they DON'T want Melee. They want an improved Smash game.

Wanna know what ticks me off? People thinking we are entirely fixated on Melee.
Did i say THOSE were Melee wanna be's? We are pretty much agreeing here,
thats why i said the others, and i ment among themselves, are melee
wanna be's.

I've had too many Melee fans attack me for liking Brawl. I have no
problem with them liking it.

Im sorry, i EVER posted that.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Take it to PMs, please. This thread isn't about BBrawl / Brawl+ / Melee, it's just for discussion of Phantom Wing's work on PSA.

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
Okay, if I wanted to add to an attack, how would I do that? My intent is to change Ganondorf's neutral A to his neutral air A, and have that lead into his neutral A. So like, you press A, and he does the roundhouse kick, press A again, and he ends with his normal punch.
A
Add to this some questions having to do with his beam sword animations. Is it possible to have him to an attack with the beam sword animation, and either spawn a temp beam sword, or his Taunt sword, that would then disappear after the attack ends?
Also, I know this one is probably getting old by now, but how can I add/change effects in moves? I'm trying to change the dark aura thing in Ganon's side B. I'll use 1D2 as an example. In the first line under the GFX tab (External Graphics Effect) I changed the Graphic value from 00150005 to 00320005. This effective made Ganon's hand normal through the attack. I tried a few different variables, but had the same result each time. What am I doing wrong?

shanus

Smash Hero
Does anyone here know how to adjust the sensitivity or ability to monitor directional inputs?

For example, I want a function for move specific IASA which somewhat works now like this:

Change Action: action=XXX requirement=Compare: IC0Basic[260]>=IC-Basic[66]

I can program some moves to occur, but I can't get neutral B, sideB, downB, and upB all to work as IASA as in each case, I can't get the appropriate action read.

ANyone know more about these variables for joystick inputs?
quoting again in hopes of an answer

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
*Destroyed*

Besides that, i might use him, if you give some creativity
into him, just a tad.
Don't worry, I'll see what I can do after I'm satisfied with the animations and hitboxes. Although, I have put together a little some thing extra to add in later :chuckle:

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way I can create an interruption window instead of just having a starting point for IASA that lasts until the end of the animation?

(yeah, I kinda like FRCs)

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering how to do this for a mighty long time now but....

Which offset is the one for the hitbox? And i think i've figured out
how PW gave PMario a sword, so i need to know so i can give Sonic
a sword.

Seikishidan Soru

Smash Journeyman
I tried that, but I'm not sure how/if I can set it up so that after a certain amount of time, you can't interrupt anymore.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Sonic with a sword, so awsome. Sonic and the Black Knight memories
Yeah, its going to be on his Fsmash.

After im done with yours and mine, im going to make
Drunk Luigi. And he's going to have random status
effects on all of his moves.

Untouch

Smash Master
Yoshi's egg graphic is 50004
Egg shell is 50001.

Someone check if they work with other characters

edit: The egg is an external call, which probably means it wont work.
The egg shells aren't though.

EDIT: Trying to see if they work right now.

One of ice climbers is 00100005

EDIT: Nope, oh well. Though the characters still can, other characters can NOT.
Unless I did something wrong.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, its going to be on his Fsmash.

After im done with yours and mine, im going to make
Drunk Luigi. And he's going to have random status
effects on all of his moves.
Cool, as long as luigi is broken and overpowered lol. Someone made a luigi and named him eagle luigi, all electric attacks and most have a long stun effect with he can combo you to death from zero garunteed. Especially his back air.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Cool, as long as luigi is broken and overpowered lol. Someone made a luigi and named him eagle luigi, all electric attacks and most have a long stun effect with he can combo you to death from zero garunteed. Especially his back air.
Nah, no more broken characters, atleast for me, they may be fun, but its
not good to have over 99999999999999 thousand of them.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Is this a regular character?

WOAH!!!

Could you please provide us with a download link!!!

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
How do you make a move spike. Trying to make sonic's dair spike. Also how do you control how fast the opponent goes when the spike happens,like a strong spike not a weak one. Thanks in advance

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
How do you make a move spike. Trying to make sonic's dair spike. Also how do you control how fast the opponent goes when the spike happens,like a strong spike not a weak one. Thanks in advance
Trajectory and Knockback Gain (I think). 280 on the trajectory should be a spike, its not straight down though its a slight angle. My sonic can spike, if you want it now, ill update the download link. I wanted to add a few things more but I can't quite figure them out so its fine.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Yeah can you update the link for me so I can get an idea. I love your sonic by the way, tooo beast

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Trajectory and Knockback Gain (I think). 280 on the trajectory should be a spike, its not straight down though its a slight angle. My sonic can spike, if you want it now, ill update the download link. I wanted to add a few things more but I can't quite figure them out so its fine.
10E is the value for a perfect downwards spike

270 degrees

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah can you update the link for me so I can get an idea. I love your sonic by the way, tooo beast
Alright, let me change like two things and Ill have it up in about 15mins. Ill post it on the other thread. I did change some attacks on it btw. my ftilt no longer pulls, it reflects and flips. Idk if thats a let down or anything, but I thought I'd just let you know.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
That is sweet, I've been trying to add a hitbox to his down taunt too, sort of like a get away from me move

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
eh well I put it up. smashboards was acting weird for me for a bit. kept giving my the http errors n stuff so I had to wait.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Let's say if I wanted to create a giant fireball that travels straight. How would I do that?

Top Bottom