• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Yo, you know how to add the sword? I've been trying to do that since day1 of PSA's release >_<
Well, kind of sort of. All you have to do is make external(Make sure its an
effect thats small enough to look like a sword)
graphics, place those graphics were you want,
and move the hit box, its truly that simple.
But then you have go to the actions table,
and add those weird graphic caller thingys.

So i think i can do it, and if i am able to, i'll tell you.

CaptainTenalp

Smash Rookie
Okay, if I wanted to add to an attack, how would I do that? My intent is to change Ganondorf's neutral A to his neutral air A, and have that lead into his neutral A. So like, you press A, and he does the roundhouse kick, press A again, and he ends with his normal punch.
A
Add to this some questions having to do with his beam sword animations. Is it possible to have him to an attack with the beam sword animation, and either spawn a temp beam sword, or his Taunt sword, that would then disappear after the attack ends?
Also, I know this one is probably getting old by now, but how can I add/change effects in moves? I'm trying to change the dark aura thing in Ganon's side B. I'll use 1D2 as an example. In the first line under the GFX tab (External Graphics Effect) I changed the Graphic value from 00150005 to 00320005. This effective made Ganon's hand normal through the attack. I tried a few different variables, but had the same result each time. What am I doing wrong?

Repost >_>

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Well, kind of sort of. All you have to do is make external(Make sure its an
effect thats small enough to look like a sword)
graphics, place those graphics were you want,
and move the hit box, its truly that simple.
But then you have go to the actions table,
and add those weird graphic caller thingys.

So i think i can do it, and if i am able to, i'll tell you.
Yea well I have no clue what a "weird graphic caller thingy" is lmao. I know what you're talking about, I just dont know what they mean...

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Yea well I have no clue what a "weird graphic caller thingy" is lmao. I know what you're talking about, I just dont know what they mean...
I don't know what they really do either, but i know they have something
to deal with the graphics.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Does anyone has an idea how to reverse the direction of an projectile ?

For example a small thunder (B-Move) of pikachu comes out with set "routine 0x00015450".

I want a thunder to the other side at the same time. I'm sure its possible ._.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Thunder may be counted a prop or projectile to the game which you cannot edit with PSA.
Thunder is article: 0 or something like that. So I think this it what you mean :(

Would it may be possible if I could create a reflecting hitbox in front of him right ? XD (What a crazy idea LOL)

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
but the lightning there is just a GFX, no? its hitbox is still tied to the character, and if the character leaves that animation, the lightning goes as well, unlike projectiles
well, he could put the two thunder GFX's on the Down B, add two hitboxes,
and move them to were he put the thunders. I dunno, i can't really understand
what he's trying to do, unless that was it.

Untouch

Smash Master
Ok yoshi`s Over B, this is war.
I will fix you.
Weather you like it or not.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ok yoshi`s Over B, this is war.
I will fix you.
Weather you like it or not.

:D

EDIT: Whether, not weather (sorry :|)

EDIT: GAH! OVER B! sorry, I just hate it when people say that. But anyways, what do you plan to do to yoshi's side b?

Untouch

Smash Master
:D

EDIT: Whether, not weather (sorry :|)

EDIT: GAH! OVER B! sorry, I just hate it when people say that. But anyways, what do you plan to do to yoshi's side b?
I don`t want him to go into an egg.
But brawl really really wants him to go into an egg.

Ivè managed to stop him from going into the egg, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT it freezes him.
ASÉM,hcxdnv en^-f`0p;k, ff4edj cm

Untouch

Smash Master
I want him to do a dance (:D) which changes his element.
Then Down B uses the elements.

BUT he rolls into an egg after the dance.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I am trying to make a new character, what is forward tilt and down tilt again. Been trying to look for it.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I am editing doughboi's sonic a little to get the hitbox of his forward tilt bigger, it reflects, so it is easier to reflect and for the down tilt, I am just trying to increase the knockback of it.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I am editing doughboi's sonic a little to get the hitbox of his forward tilt bigger, it reflects, so it is easier to reflect and for the down tilt, I am just trying to increase the knockback of it.
Haha =P I made him like that on purpose! He can't be too cheap :chuckle:

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
Okay, im going to bed right now, i just watched 3 movies
back to back with my mom and baby sis.

So you can imagine how tired i am. When i wake up,
i'll try fixing the bug, and if i can't, i'll start on yours.

If you want anything other than what you've already
said, PM me.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
What about the reflecting though, it is super hard and I haven't even reflected anything yet lol
Is there a way I can change the size of that particular hitbox to make it easier

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Man honestly, I havent the slightest clue how to make that stupid reflect bigger. I'll have to really look into it later since its not so simple. I've been messing with my sonics sword for a while trying to get it to work.

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
No worries, while you work on the sword, I'll work on the reflector, and tell you the results. what number is it again?

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I'll do the best I can and tell you what I find out. You can keep working on the project. It is offset X Y Z right?

SonicBurst

Smash Apprentice
yeah, you got the brain power that is for sure

What is 4F, it says swing 3 too, is it connected to that attack

Top Bottom