• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
"OH, YOU CAN'T USE META ON RYKER, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE"

Ok, then use his in-game actions bro.

Forget about it, you are just spouting bull****. Talk to me about more productive things.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
In the interim I want people to un-forget J. Ryker, how do you feel about J? How do you feel about my case on J? Consider the two independent of one another, then together. I have the same question in my heart of hearts for Gordito, Circus, Choice, Soup, and well. Most of the game, really, because only Gheb has both given him a stance and commented on whether he can be moved. Everyone else, from what I can see, just let the updated case fall to the wayside despite prior ties to such interests.
I've noticed it. Let me bring it up again so I can comment on it.

After J finally comes back, here's my summary of my immediate reaction to his posts:
WL said:
Yeh, I don't like J's buddying of his attacker either. Seems like very subtle AtE, can't wait to see how EE takes it. Don't like his responses to EE's statements being deflections onto Zen, seems like he's taking an easy out and no one could really tell the difference between J posts and Zen posts. Considering the amount of fluff in his playerslot already, I don't like it. I think that's that slot's first scumhunting post of the game and even then it's kinda weak.
That has not changed. He strikes me as scummy.

So now let's bring up your case.

the beginning
The interim
The resurrection

You have a lot more points and you're a lot more thorough in your suggestions. It's a really well-developed case and J's responses either were "whoops okay", "I can't defend myself against this" or "lol reaching". That's cementing this in my eyes.

Dependently, I agree with your case and it has definitely influenced my read. I would put J above Gorf at least and maybe above Circus now on my reads at the moment. Your case really cemented my thoughts and J's response was the air hardening it.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
J what the hell. You love EE for ever and are gonna buddy off him and keep him alive forever.... DESPITE the fact he's reaching tunnelly etc etc

WL do you really only consider Choice as a policy lynch rather than a legit lynch? Also quote Ran's Chainsaw. What do you think about Circus wrt: his attack on choice?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh, I know, it's hypocritical and if I fail to find anything from Ryker, my vote will probably hop to J. Still see Choice as just another useless player, honestly. I get dumbtown vibes, even if he's kinda fluffy.

It's defending a person by attacking another person.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Er, not attacking another person, by attacking that person's attacker.

I.e., Ranmaru attacking Red Ruy because Red Ruy voted Ryker.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah well I have called out RR many times when I have seen him viewing so I had a reason to disbelieve his FULL CONTENT post.

I did defend Ryker there because I felt RR was wrong.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You just mad that your case on Ryker is BS.

Again, I question your relations to Soup. In fact you pushed for him earlier on, how is your read on him progressing?

Choice

Smash Champion
@Choice: Feelings on WL? Would you compromise to a WL vote? Why or why not?
I think WL is town so i would not compromise to vote him right now. However, if the rest of town wants him dead and we need an extra vote at the end, i'd comply.

to me, his posts look like they have good intentions and his stances have backing to them, not just bs that he's digging up to try to make someone look scummy.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Not gonna lie thats a ******** reason to think Rykerscum implies Ranscum. RR made a **** case and Ran pointed it out. Big deal. Especially considering the fact that Ran always feels the need to comment on everything.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Just noticed this.

Afro said:
@WL: Seriously what up viz a viz buddying ryker -> Voting ryker -> buddying
I do and don't. I felt that what Red Ruy was trying to incriminate Broto for was both unstable (his reasons kept changing) and inaccurate (Broto is contentless) and I was attacking Ruy's dumb logic. I felt it was obvious that Broto had content and I wanted to attack the fact that his reasons changed. I find Broto scum but I have tendencies to drop what I do to attack bad logic. If this is the Naybor half of the hydra, you should know this.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Not gonna lie thats a ******** reason to think Rykerscum implies Ranscum. RR made a **** case and Ran pointed it out. Big deal. Especially considering the fact that Ran always feels the need to comment on everything.
So what do you feel about my case on Ryker? Ran provided even less of a reason and the result is the same.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You just mad that your case on Ryker is BS.

Again, I question your relations to Soup. In fact you pushed for him earlier on, how is your read on him progressing?
"Well."

I'm not going to spoonfeed you things, Ranmaru, read my posts with my scumpicks. If he's not on there, he's not scum in my eyes. That's all you need.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
agreed with gandhi, and this 'chainsaw defense' bull**** is starting to frustrate me, you do realize that there is a proactive difference between defending someone to save their ***, or just defending soemone because you agree with their posts or their motives and you trust them, right?

what WL did was not a scumtell, nor was what ryker did a scumtell, there is little on the surface to consider one, and it's stupid and pointless to start an argument over this ****.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
agreed with gandhi, and this 'chainsaw defense' bull**** is starting to frustrate me, you do realize that there is a proactive difference between defending someone to save their ***, or just defending soemone because you agree with their posts or their motives and you trust them, right?

what WL did was not a scumtell, nor was what ryker did a scumtell, there is little on the surface to consider one, and it's stupid and pointless to start an argument over this ****.
Who would you consider more fruitful to pressure, a V/LA Gorf or J?

#HBC | ѕoup

J, i'm null on him now because his defense on EE bothers me, instead of attacking it straight on, J uses excuses and arguments/redirecting back to EE.

Choice

Smash Champion
i'll comment on your case on J when i get back EE as well as the rest of what's happened.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If you don't like the content I'm producing, then you should ask me for further content.
This is mostly what I'm trying to get at. It's an off-hand remark at Red Ruy but this is entirely weird because Broto's game, outside of the J wagon to start the game, has been almost entirely reactionary. He has scum reads (at this point in the game they're Gorf, Red Ruy, and J), but he doesn't really act on them, rather settling to merely spam a vote and the link .gif and just kinda leave it at that. He's asked some people questions but simultaneously doesn't really argue them or push beyond what he's starts with. He's not causing arguments or essentially poking the town or his scum picks at the very least. He's just reacting to them (again, other than J). I find this type of play bad. Ryker needs to do more than react.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
"Well."

I'm not going to spoonfeed you things, Ranmaru, read my posts with my scumpicks. If he's not on there, he's not scum in my eyes. That's all you need.
Ah, ok... I think I understood your well. Could you at least use a full sentence, damn.

I thought when you said 'Well' I just thought you said it meaning "Well... *Can't think what to say*"

But now I know you meant well relating to how it was progressing.

I'm not wanting baby food but I am just trying to figure out if any of your earlier suspicions of him branched out in any way. Guess not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So? You yourself told me reads shouldn't be static.

#HBC | ѕoup

I have yet to post my own wall, so **** it.

J said:
EE said:
J in a Nutshell (I'm going to use J and Axel interchangeably, regardless of whom he says made what post)

The Wagon

-Axel is turbowagoned to L-2. Poker face response. Key point - Has no apparent problem with what is from his town POV a ML being driven for meta reasons. This should be a point of concern. I feel that it is overcompensation for the fact that they've been put at L-2 already but cannot afford to show signs of creaking.

This is just an opinion on the matter EE. To put it honestly, I knew the wagon was stupid and I knew it wasn't gonna lynch me or anything. Ryker has done this stuff of stuff before and I have been there to actually help push the type of wagon that formed on this slot. My wagon was done to bait reads and reactions and I was just watching to see what formed of it. There was absolutely no threat of my ML. This point is mainly just your opinion on what a "townie" should be like.
I didn't mind this defense at all...

-When put to L-1, displays a different tactic for Ryker than Gheb, including hard AtE. The dramatic increase of whining when put in peril bothers me, as does the schizophrenic buckshot used to deal with Gheb vs Ryker when both are doing the same thing.
Zen was legitamately upset about what was going on because people were ignoring him and saying just to lynch him for the lawls. I comlpetely agree with Zen that it was a bit uncalled for and straight up rude but when playing with some players you have to realize that is just the way they play and there is nothing you can do about it. However this will turn into my word vs. your word arguement since no actual proof can back up what I'm saying.

but the next part is bothering, how could J say the next paragraph if they already 'knew' what was going on?

-The AtE itself is all over the place, and the drop from poker face to emotional frustration at one vote is gross.
I don't really get this point since the post was more or less a joke especially since it was myself posting. It's not AtE and the only portion you could call AtE is that point at Gord but that's just because Gord can be rude as **** sometimes.

and this is the excuses i'm talking about, doth not liketh.

i'll post in EBWOPS

discuss

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
WL your case on Ryker's kinda lacking. Your points on him are legit but also have been committed by like half the playerlist and also don't really amount to much. While I do find it particularly telling coming from Ryker, you explicitly stated meta plays no part?

#HBC | ѕoup

J said:
-Asks how to defend self, is promptly given a method by which to do so, answers to weaker suggestion from Choice while ignoring solid and logical suggestion from Gandhi. Major point here, as is what follows.

-Pressed again by Gandhi, ignores suggestion of a good way to defend in favor of continuing to complain about having a vacuous case against self that cannot be refuted. Pressed yet again, offers up meta-johns about a promise made from one head to another to never vote without first consulting the other. Apparently this caused a loss in m/lylo, which D1 is anything but, thus making this feel like a drastic and transparent attempt to avoid doing anything proactive. This is all not to mention that scumhunting can be done without a vote, and that Axel has already produced hard stances.
I honestly can't defend myself against these points and I was the one posting at Afro. So I submit to your opinion but I still stand by what I said. I thought there was nothing to do since it was just a turbo wagon and I stick to my guns there but I can't defend what's written in black and white.

I can't be more clear, and i can't be more confused, last time J got an attack from EE, he was very passive about it, but now he is in full defense, but it's a really ****ty one.

-Votes Choice only after he has received heat that includes three votes and an FoS despite expressing him as likely scum an entire page prior, before even being pressed about ways to defend himself by Gandhi.
This slot did not wagon hop Choice as you are implying with the "He only voted because Choice had heat." Bull****. This is a reaching point especially with the referring back to the likely scum post.

EXIBIT B: The Re-direction!

The Interim

-With the exception of replying to my Gigabots jokevote, disappears completely as the Choice wagon runs its course run up to L-1, then stalls. Unvotes by the time this has become particularly clear.
*shrug* I don't get the point of this little thingy. Is this another point to us being wagon hoppy and the like?

wat, dude you just refuted and redirected this argument back to EE when he said you were wagon hopping on choice, now you're acting dumb about it?
i suck *** at BBcode :/

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Looking back, I was wrong when I said it doesn't imply meta. I think I was trying too hard not to contradict myself and ****ed up as a result. There is some meta involved, but it's not the point of the case. It just strengthens it.

I agree, though, the case has been kinda weak and I've been strongly considering switching to J's wagon but I'm not done with Ryker yet and we've still got a little bit of time.

#HBC | ѕoup

i almost don't want to finish due to the circumfrence i know i'm getting to get, and i hate walls.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
For a couple days I will be gone
Starting tomorrow until Sunday
Two full days are enough of long
To make my mind up 'till monday

:059:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This right here.

Give reasons, J.
*facepalm* The question in THAT quote is the rhetorical one, not the first question I asked you....

J, why did you omit out Shin, her attack on her attacker is blatant OMGUS, and it's not structured very well, and i smelled some AtE too.
I have a null on Shin and I don't really see connections derived from her lynch D1 besides to rid of an inactive.

Also Soupa, at your "playing dumb" it's a rhetorical question saying because I know he is trying to call me wagon-hoppy. I also don't get your second point with regards to the "I knew" paragraph. And the excuses part as you say, aren't excuses.

Also on my town flip you have a scumWL.

@Afro: The way you sound is that you agree with my rebuttal on EE's case? Yes, I think he just isn't being smart but I can't get over that I think he is town.

@WL: You flipped like a switch.

Top Bottom