• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
WL, you are slightly buddying EE in your 1165 and you strawman my defense to the smallest degrees you can. You also keep repeating that EE's case is the main decider as to why your read has changed. 4 times you say so.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus for his lack of action after calling me out for White-Knighting Ryker and I question Gorf/J. Both give me slightly scummy vibes but nothing I'd lynch for. You, Inaro, Choice, and Red Ruy strike me as good policy lynches.
Haha, holy ****. Dat omgus.

Unvote

Vote: WashedLaundry

Your reasoning for everything you say is terrible. Your case on Ryker is weak. You're just now realizing that it's based completely on meta (though you still aren't totally owning up to it)? You've been spitting fire about how it's NOT BASED ON META and you would NEVER BE STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THAT WITH RYKER DERP, but that's exactly what you're doing. You twisted yourself into a pretzel to make your case on Ryker work and it just ****ing doesn't. People noticed, so now you're backpedaling. You have no other scum reads other than me (your attacker) and J and Gordo, who are probably the easiest people you could possibly choose to deflect to. So now you're trying to add coal to the J engine. You have no sincere cases on anyone. What the hell, lynch this scum.

Washed/Choice/??? scum team. I'm calling it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Who would you consider more fruitful to pressure, a V/LA Gorf or J?
You may actually have a point with this post WL...

Unvote

Agreed with Circus' last post. I don't know about Choice as part of the same scum-team though.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Circus: When Axel said "This side's" I don't think he means town, I think he means one side of the hydra, or one head.
You know, that would make a lot of sense. Weird that you had to tell me that and not J, though.

Oh, and EE, I've seen your stuff on J, and there have certainly been points about J that bug me, but more than anything, I'm seeing him as a scapegoat right now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You know, that would make a lot of sense. Weird that you had to tell me that and not J, though.

Oh, and EE, I've seen your stuff on J, and there have certainly been points about J that bug me, but more than anything, I'm seeing him as a scapegoat right now.
I disagree with this. Just look at hist post voting WL. He parroted your reasoning for voting him.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That is one of the things that bugs me about J, yes. And I've fallen into this trap before, so believe me, I'm wary. But I'm trying to take one heap-o'-scum at a time.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I disagree with this. Just look at hist post voting WL. He parroted your reasoning for voting him.
Can you read? Before Circus even posted I was expressing disdain for WL. In fact just look at the two posts ABOVE Circus'. I said I agreed with Circus and that wasn't the reason I was solely voting him.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Circus are you on V/LA or anything? I Like what I've seen from you so far and want more

If you think J is a scapegoat then what do you think of EE who started the attack on him?

While your at it do you think there's a Washed/Choice connection or are you just saying they're both scummy? If you see a connection the bring it up please

@J: You think a town EE would be reaching and tunneling? You also sound desperate to hear that someone agrees with your defence - for the record I don't and its full of redirection

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I honestly don't care whether you agree to my defense or not, that wasn't the point of my question. At the time you were seeming as if you didn't like EE's case.

This is the first time I've played with EE (one time in UPick2 but I NK'd him N1 and he didn't do too much.). I am sorry if I sound contradicting but I still think EE is town even though I find his case to be not well executed.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Yes I hear what you are saying but I'm amazed. You must have heard of EE right? He has a certain Rep you know? Do you think a player of his calibre (OMFG I buddied him) would make a reachy tunnelly case as Town?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus are you on V/LA or anything? I Like what I've seen from you so far and want more

If you think J is a scapegoat then what do you think of EE who started the attack on him?

While your at it do you think there's a Washed/Choice connection or are you just saying they're both scummy? If you see a connection the bring it up please
Not V/LA. Just posting somewhat sporadically due to replacing into a BRoom game, life, and laziness.

Null-leaning-town on EE. His suspicion of J feels sincere to me. Obviously not everyone who doesn't like J right now is going to be scum.

I don't see a specific connection between Washed and Choice, but I think they're both scummy and I don't see anything excluding them from each other so far. I'll probably reread to see if I can find anything that ties them if one of them flips scum. Maybe sooner than that. But it will have to wait as I'm about to eat.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Afro, can you clarify your opinion on his(being EE's) case?

Yes, I have heard EE in the wind a bit as a great player and heard he wrecked in Bioware mafia. Though that's regardless of what I see now.

*livetopic'd* Sorry to sound like Circus yet again, but his attacks seems legit to me. I know he is wrong and I will fight him off everytime but still.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
/possibly only post of the day.

So I've been catching up and noticing some arguments against WL. I kinda caught myself wiping off saying "Meh, WL town they dumb". But, I looked back, and noticed holes. And then, this.

Looking back, I was wrong when I said it doesn't imply meta. I think I was trying too hard not to contradict myself and ****ed up as a result. There is some meta involved, but it's not the point of the case. It just strengthens it.

I agree, though, the case has been kinda weak and I've been strongly considering switching to J's wagon but I'm not done with Ryker yet and we've still got a little bit of time.
Wow.

What the f*** is this?

You've completely contradicted your case against Ryker. And now that people are starting to accuse your case of holding no ground, you back out on it and say that you'd switch to J's wagon (which is a serious cop out)?

Unvote

Vote: Washed Laundry

Weak as holy hell.

And now, after seeing Circus' case against you, I totally digress from my Ryker > WL argument. No, I still don't believe them to be of the same alignment. But WL scum is looking much more prevelant.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Yeahh really feel like you're avoiding the point here. You know EE is a good player, and he makes a case which you feel is tunnelling and reaching, What leads you to think he's town? Do good town players make tunnelling reaching cases?

I find large parts of his case to be solid, the parts with most worth are him after you responded once because your original response was scummy as hell.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gord.....wth.....I wanted to keep my vote on WL but now I am itching to but it back on you for that grimy as hell post.

Afro, I think he is town for the way he has attacked me, I think it is reaching and a bit tunnely case. Have you ever played with Nich before? If you have then you know what I am talking about because he is a perfect example. Also Cello_Marl would be another person of intrest to bring up if you wanna play that game.

Tell me who you are gonna push for a lynch since I am curious after your unvote and your huge catch-up post X1.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EBWOP: No, I am not comparing EE's play to Cello's/Nich but the atmosphere I get around the case where because of what they are doing I get a town read on it.

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Its pretty clear from my catch up post that I'm hovering between Choice and Gord. WL and you I'm also considering.

I seriously don't like your interactions with EE. Right at the start you decide he can live forever despite the fact he makes cases which are reaching and tunelling. I ask you if you think good players reach and tunnel as town and you point at Nicholas1024. That's not the point. You have heard EE is a mafia great and his case on you is reaching and tunelling (in your eyes) What makes you think he is town?

Afro Gandhi

Smash Rookie
Oh no wait, the particular atmosphere surrounding EE's post was sufficient for you to declare that he can live forever. What no.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
This is honestly making me aggravated by the way you are pushing this.

Okay, let me explain and use my words to clearly and explictly to tell you. EE's case to me, is garbage because I know he is wrong. I think he is reaching and a lil tunnely for the reasons I already pointed out. The reason I find him town is for a couple reasons. His wording on how he is handling the attack. The sheer amount of effort put into that post (yes, I know it comes hypocriticial from me since people say to disregard that point when dealin with me) but i still don't get why on D1 someone would put so much effort into it. Then there is this key point, he is actually convincing me that I am wrong on what I said and what he does say does have some stock to it where I cannot honestly talk myself out of. He is bringing up legitamate points that, I don't know how to put it into words.

The major point I guess I want to bring from this post is, I think he is town that some of his points are true and that I actually agree to why he finds them scummy and I do get where he is coming from. The attitude also taken towards calling me scum plays a part in it as well.

#HBC | Gorf

Okay, let me explain and use my words to clearly and explictly to tell you. EE's case to me, is garbage because I know he is wrong. I think he is reaching and a lil tunnely for the reasons I already pointed out. The reason I find him town is for a couple reasons. His wording on how he is handling the attack. The sheer amount of effort put into that post (yes, I know it comes hypocriticial from me since people say to disregard that point when dealin with me) but i still don't get why on D1 someone would put so much effort into it. Then there is this key point, he is actually convincing me that I am wrong on what I said and what he does say does have some stock to it where I cannot honestly talk myself out of. He is bringing up legitamate points that, I don't know how to put it into words.

The major point I guess I want to bring from this post is, I think he is town that some of his points are true and that I actually agree to why he finds them scummy and I do get where he is coming from. The attitude also taken towards calling me scum plays a part in it as well.
Wowlolwtfisthis.

1) Wording of how he handled the attack

Cool story bro, just so happens that EE has played town games, and can find a way to trick somebody into thinking his word play is that of town. Wording isn't a tell either way da hell?

2) The... amount of effort?

Don't you think it'd take more effort to make a BS case than that of a legitimate one? I mean... HUH? You're calling him tunnely, but then saying his effort is great...

3) Convincing you that you're wrong.

Is that really that hard to do, considering that A: he has a lot of mafia experience and knows how to have a good argument, and B: It's D1?

Your logic is flawed on so many levels, and the fact that you don't understand what Afro's try'na say is just so beyond belief. He's making sense: It's ILLOGICAL that you think he's reaching and tunnely, but turn around and call em town.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Wowlolwtfisthis.

1) Wording of how he handled the attack

Cool story bro, just so happens that EE has played town games, and can find a way to trick somebody into thinking his word play is that of town. Wording isn't a tell either way da hell?
IDC about EE meta right now and Gord that's your opinion. *sigh*

/inb4"lolugrimy"
Ew, why post this? Your poisoning the water with a statement like that.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Vote Count

AfroGandhi () -
J () -
Ranmaru () -
Soupamario (1) - Red Ryu
Ryker (1) - WashedLaundry
Evil Eye () -
Gheb_01 () -
Circus ()
Shinarouji (2) - MOD, vVv Choice
Gordito (1) - Soupamario
vVv Choice (1) - Gheb_01
Red Ryu (1) - Shinarouji
WashedLaundry (5) - Ryker, Ranmaru, Circus, J, Gordito

Not voting: Evil Eye, AfroGandhi

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

#HBC | Gorf

I can't believe I have to compose this post for a third time.

J said:
IDC about EE meta right now and Gord that's your opinion. *sigh*
Meta's so convenient for you.

J said:
Did you seriously ask that first question? Work is work Gord. Whether the work may not turn up to be a product I like doesn't take away the fact of effort that went into it.
How do you feel about Adolf Hitler's efforts to make a perfect society? I mean, he did a terrible thing, but at least he worked. Right?

J said:
Quit bringing meta into this and how does D1 have anything to do with him convincing me that I'm wrong.
Meta's SO convenient for you.

It's a D1 read. D1 reads are made entirely upon speculation. Therefore, they are almost never truly concrete. Now, knowing that (META ALERT, META ALERT), do you think that it'd be easier for an experienced player to prove your read, let alone your D1 read, wrong, or a less experienced player?

J said:
No, it's not illogicial. Man can you even breathe, let alone think correctly without being so dag on scummy?
Cute.

J said:
Ew, why post this? Your poisoning the water with a statement like that.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I can't believe I have to compose this post for a third time.

Meta's so convenient for you.
What does this even mean?

Gord said:
How do you feel about Adolf Hitler's efforts to make a perfect society? I mean, he did a terrible thing, but at least he worked. Right?
Way to take an extremist PoV in the most negative connotation as to what I was getting at.

Gord said:
Meta's SO convenient for you.

It's a D1 read. D1 reads are made entirely upon speculation. Therefore, they are almost never truly concrete. Now, knowing that (META ALERT, META ALERT), do you think that it'd be easier for an experienced player to prove your read, let alone your D1 read, wrong, or a less experienced player?
Again with the same line. WtfamIreading.jpg at the D1 reads are only made on speculation. And experience does not matter to me because it means jack ****.

#HBC | Gorf

J said:
What does this even mean?
You use meta to fuel so much. Ex. most of your reads on people, including most of your flawed reads on Kuz in most games you guys are in together. Yet, you refuse to use it when it's for a legitimate case.

J said:
Way to take an extremist PoV in the most negative connotation as to what I was getting at.
It's the same shiz.

J said:
Again with the same line. WtfamIreading.jpg at the D1 reads are only made on speculation. And experience does not matter to me because it means jack ****.
WtfamIreading.jpg at the thought of D1 reads NOT being speculation. The fact that it's the beginning of the game, you have nothing to truly go back on, and therefore, you gotta rely on nothing but your personal intuition. Which, my friend, is what I mean by speculation. And obtw you didn't answer the question. Which is harder: an experienced player dissuading, or a less experienced player?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You use meta to fuel so much. Ex. most of your reads on people, including most of your flawed reads on Kuz in most games you guys are in together. Yet, you refuse to use it when it's for a legitimate case.
Bull**** complete and utter bull****

Gord said:
WtfamIreading.jpg at the thought of D1 reads NOT being speculation. The fact that it's the beginning of the game, you have nothing to truly go back on, and therefore, you gotta rely on nothing but your personal intuition. Which, my friend, is what I mean by speculation. And obtw you didn't answer the question. Which is harder: an experienced player dissuading, or a less experienced player?
Once again, bull**** that D1 is all speculation. You are saying D1 is all about gut and intuition and not about what is actually scummy during D1 and what someone is doing?

The question is so dumb. A player, regardless of experience, can do the exact same thing to someone. You are trying to get me to answer you the obvious way because the obvious answer from your dumb POV is that I have to say exp. player over less.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
WL, you are slightly buddying EE in your 1165 and you strawman my defense to the smallest degrees you can. You also keep repeating that EE's case is the main decider as to why your read has changed. 4 times you say so.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that I was suspicious of you prior to it. EE's case wasn't the fire starter as much as it was the extra firewood.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Haha, holy ****. Dat omgus.

Unvote

Your reasoning for everything you say is terrible. Your case on Ryker is weak. You're just now realizing that it's based completely on meta (though you still aren't totally owning up to it)? You've been spitting fire about how it's NOT BASED ON META and you would NEVER BE STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THAT WITH RYKER DERP, but that's exactly what you're doing. You twisted yourself into a pretzel to make your case on Ryker work and it just ****ing doesn't. People noticed, so now you're backpedaling.
Fair enough? I ****ed up.

You have no other scum reads other than me (your attacker)
Up until this post, you hadn't really "attacked" me in that sense, just kinda sat in the distance and shot at the pot without ever committing to it, despite the fact that you were the first to point it out. Normal people call that suspicious.

and J and Gordo, who are probably the easiest people you could possibly choose to deflect to.
No? Choice, Ran, Red Ruy are all just as easy, if not easier.

So now you're trying to add coal to the J engine. You have no sincere cases on anyone. What the hell, lynch this scum.
No? I'm pretty sure I mentioned my suspicions/distaste of him earlier in the phase.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Can you read? Before Circus even posted I was expressing disdain for WL. In fact just look at the two posts ABOVE Circus'. I said I agreed with Circus and that wasn't the reason I was solely voting him.
Bull****.

unvote vote: J

If you truly thought I was scummy, you would've committed the vote there and then, you wouldn't have needed Circus' vote to convince you.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
/possibly only post of the day.

So I've been catching up and noticing some arguments against WL. I kinda caught myself wiping off saying "Meh, WL town they dumb". But, I looked back, and noticed holes. And then, this.

Wow.

What the f*** is this?

You've completely contradicted your case against Ryker. And now that people are starting to accuse your case of holding no ground, you back out on it and say that you'd switch to J's wagon (which is a serious cop out)?

Unvote

Vote: Washed Laundry

Weak as holy hell.

And now, after seeing Circus' case against you, I totally digress from my Ryker > WL argument. No, I still don't believe them to be of the same alignment. But WL scum is looking much more prevelant.
Yes. I realized that I ****ed up. I realized I made a ****ty case. I realized I was wrong when I went back and reread Ryker's posts. It was a weak-as-hell case, even I admit to that.

But answer me this: why would any town continue to push a lynch that was started for bad reasons? Why would he continue to push something he knew was started on faulty logic? Why would he continue to push something that no longer was scummy in his eyes and could easily end up a mislynch?

Can I count this as a bandwagon vote? Please tell me I can count this as a bandwagon vote.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

You're contradicting yourself. If a case is reaching, how is it also partially right? If you get where he's coming from, chances are, it's your action. Does not make sense.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Translation: Becuase I believe this, every vote I have thrown out this phase is weak and illogical.

Choice

Smash Champion
Sorry i havent been able to read or post much today. I'm moving out of my apartment this saturday into a new one so i've been packing and cleaning. i'll try to catch up right now.

Top Bottom