• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaninja15

Smash Rookie
I Would Be happy To Team with Toki (My Son), If you are completely sure you want to team with me Toki then that would be awesome, but im am extremely sorry if i make us lose.. As always, i will use Pikachu, coz im ninja, and you can use whoever you feel most comfortable using. Just Let me know if u definitely wanna team up :)

Popdart

Smash Cadet
Boogaloo, noun, a type of music and dancing that is a fusion of RnB, soul and mambo; popular in the 1960's

P.S. It's also a funny word that rhymes with two :p

Pikaninja15

Smash Rookie
Yay, Awesome, its settled then, Mother and Son, Team together, and will destroy everyone :) And Blake, that is a horrible name, how dare u suggest that, lol

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Okay, figured out my weekend plans now. My dad has arranged the dinner for friday night instead of saturday so i'm definitely coming to tournament. See you all there, I will pm you my plans for friday matt.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
syke does.. and someone else maybe? XD
u can always have a scrub like anthony 2.

or we could to an actual marvel character vs capcom characters... marvel team has sent tho.. XD

Hotdog

Smash Lord
PS3 vs Xbawks would be fun, if there were even numbers =P

I'll rep whoever lol.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Come melee people i want friendlys!

This will probs be the last tournament ill attend that has Brawl as the main focus.

Get those Melee monthlys going Dif!

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Hey Antho, I'll come just to help pay for the venue and play some MvC. Not sure if I'll play smashies.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I'm spending the day with my gf cuz she's Gone for a week on Sunday. If it was on Sunday I coulda been there all day :(. Ryan will prob go though.

Too bad, I was keen to **** some people up in melée.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey Antho, I'll come just to help pay for the venue and play some MvC. Not sure if I'll play smashies.
Sure. If people don't wanna play smash they should still come and see everyone Toki because it's his birthday.

/sad @ Rob and Nick.

Even if some people are kind of 'meh' right now, we've gotta keep the turnstile turning with tournaments. Even if the focus shifts here and there. Regularity is a good thing :)

(inb4periodjoke)

Oh yeah. Please provide TVs and such where possible. Impossible to run all these games in one day without TVs.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
just got back from smashplay. rob, it took me an hour and a half to get from northside to the venue (with traffic on the motorway that had us stopped at various points) and an hour to get back. how the hell does it take you 2 hours to get to tournaments???

shoutoutishness because i feel like talking

antho: noice tournament, sucks about how much out of pocket you were
toki: happy birthday, don't keep doms in your pocket, they break that way
cal: nice smashing with you for the past 2 weeks, your samus has gotten so much better, also thanks for teaching me how to not suck at brawl
bob: was great seeing you again, be sure to come to my tournaments
arrow: ARROW, such a cool guy
jbirds: fox dittos are lame, but you beat my falco so i had no choice. soz. also soz for bailing before our brawl match, i was gonna unleash some melee yomi ike fsmash goodness on you, but i felt like throwing up during the last few melee sets i played and really wanted to go home.
zac: 4 stocked me with roy... why are you so good? teach me to be as good as you
popdart: 4TH IN BRAWL DOUBLES CHYEA WE'RE TOO GOOD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wasn't too far out of pocket by the end. Maybe $20 or so (Aside from the money Kaion owes because he literally hasn't been able to get at his own money for 3 days or so and Sieg who is a poop face).

Cheers to everyone that came. Will write more when it's not tonight.

Popdart

Smash Cadet
Hellz yeah Dif. You are pretty pro at Brawl for someone who is still new to it. We must team again next tourney and win.

I can't believe the thunder rat duo came second. *shameface*

Also MvC is just awesome. Except for Sentinel who is gay and cheap.

Kaydash

Smash Apprentice
Yo, seems like im a weekend late but im gonna be in Brisbane from the 2nd to the 9th with time to kill, so if anyone wants to get down pretty interested in checking out SF:AE since we dont have a cabinet here, since there are no arcades, but mostly interested in playing some Melee & MvC.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
[size=+2]
Dif & Hugh present:

THE POWER OF SCIENCE – tournament series
[/size]

What is it: What hopes to be a monthly melee tournament series run by yours truly at least until the gametraders thing gets off the ground (if it ever does).

Where: we’re trying out a new venue in northgate (near two train stations) at the corner of Scott and Ridge streets; directions, details and pictures to come. If it works out well then we’ll stay there, if not then we’ll move elsewhere.

When: First instalment of The Power Of Science is 10am - 5pm Saturday Marth March the 12th

Costs: $5 venue fee, $5 for singles, negotiable for other events (doubles, crews, low tier, whatever we happen to have going on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom