• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Zydro and Blade team... Unstoppable D=

Fsmash > Kirbicide = True Combo.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Looks like me (and possibly gandalf) will be able to make the POS tourney next weekend. I hope to place top 4 but probably wont XD Ill probably bring a smash setup with a recording setup.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The fact that it wasn't snake as the main character was one of the driving ideas.
Kojima said himself it was to give people a new perspective of him.

Although despite that, you can see how they 'played' with Raiden's character in the 3rd game and well, the 4th game was amazing.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I thought the 4th game kind of upset the direction kojima was heading with it all, mainly because the 4th one became more about pleasing the audience rather then doing what he wanted to do. After Raiden was received so badly generally, he wasn't going to push the boundaries again so 4 kind of let down a few of the epic ideas the formed in 2.

2 was amazing though, you're 100% right, raiden being the main character was pretty much the greatest idea they could have had for the MGS series. And snake is still a massive part of the story, i dunno why people overlook that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
To be fair I think it managed both. But at the cost of alienating anybody who hadn't touched an MGS before, or was uninterested in the story. Though I'm not sure why you'd play it then lol.

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
MGS2 was a very well made game.

I really liked MGS3 too (I loved the theme song and the opening credits in general), managed to do that one without killing anyone, which took oh so long to do.

Only bad thing about MGS3 was that god damn ladder, so unnecessarily long..

MGS1 had some good trolling too (The put controller into port 2 and the radio address on the packaging)

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
PRAISE THE MS!!!

lol anyway wats happening tomoz.. arrow wtf is your addy? I need to trainz c:

- cal I have 3 ps1's that I got from game for like $8 each that you can borrow lol think ther chipped as well

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
**** mgs again guys.
haven't we agreed that mgs 3 was the most manly and epic yet.
big boss is big

after 11 am tomorrow. i is hosting all day.
someone bring a tv -,-

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
[size=+2]HOW TO GET TO THE VENUE FOR THE POWER OF SCIENCE:[/size]

This is where the venue is located (yay google maps). it's on the corner of scott st and ridge st.

if you're taking the train it's easy enough to get to from either virginia station or northgate station (as you can see on the map) you just get off, walk up either gympie st (not gympie road, they're completely different) if you're coming from northgate or belmore if you're coming from virginia and turn up scott st.

this is what virginia station looks like after you've come out of it onto the right st. so if you leave teh station and turn around and it doesn't look like this YOU ****ED UP.

this is what northgate station looks like etc etc

the easiest way to get there by car from probably where most of you are coming from will be from gympie road. to do that, turn right at rode road, follow it all the way to the end and turn left onto sandgate road. right onto northgate road soon after that, then left onto ridge st a bit down that road.

or you can go down hamilton road (turn towards westfield chermside) to the end and turn right onto sandgate and first left onto northgate (sharp turn).

this is what the venue looks like from the front when you're at the ridge st/scott st intersection (on ridge st)

however, we're using a room downstairs because it's cheaper and still big enough. from scott st (looking towards ridge st) it looks like this:

i circled the door to our room. park on teh st or next to the hall i don't care.

for lunch, get somebody who's driving to take you to westfield chermside. to get there get on sandgate then get to hamilton road (look back up at the first map to figure out how to do that, or google maps it yourself). travel down hamilton until you get to the westfield.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer

Nat and I spent all night watching MGS2 and 4 cutscenes lololol.

I'll quote that to the front page later dif. I should be there.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
anybody who lives in carindale sort of area and is coming to the tournament, if you don't want it then if you pick it up and bring it i'll take it home with me.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
@rob

Ill be there for melee only.
@ anyone
I still dont know if the wazird's coming, but if he doesn't ill need a partner. Dif said he might if ben and josh dont turn up but thats not certain.

@dif
skillz organisation is skillz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom