• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
yeah i dunno, i played horrible vs ryan and you, i play best against ryan at nicks and barely ever miss any techs. I take matches from his sheik all the time, but then in tournament i play stupidly and get 3 stocked. I dunno it's weird.

also i play particularly bad against sheik.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be in Brisbane for a weekend on the 17th/18th with no particular agenda (besides League on Sunday arvo). Hit me up on Saturday if you want to play Smash or kick it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Gold Coast would be more difficult for me to get to, considering I'm staying in Redcliffe.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, he's going to pull me into Queensland a lot like this, SIGGGGGH. Oh well, flights between Melbourne and Brisbane are cheap now with the Tiger service; I got a beastin' $166RT on this trip.

Sirias

Smash Champion
For suurree, see you for things OTHER THAN SMASH PLOX.
Lez go c HW 2 TRAM UR DRGN. Kk kayyy.
Are you staying at Billy's, then, Dave, if you be cribbin in Redcliffe?
Should meet up with Foxo, too, if you still talk to him, and you come out to da citeh, he's mega kewl.

Also, Dif, Peach ditto, no.
They're tortuous enough against Zac. =/
I didn't even wanna play a Peach ditto with Josh because it would be so BRAWL-like.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll come daaaave we should hit up mana bar on saturday night after citying (idk late lunch, ddring???) I havent been thar yet.
For suurree, see you for things OTHER THAN SMASH PLOX.
Lez go c HW 2 TRAM UR DRGN. Kk kayyy.
Are you staying at Billy's, then, Dave, if you be cribbin in Redcliffe?
Should meet up with Foxo, too, if you still talk to him, and you come out to da citeh, he's mega kewl.

Also, Dif, Peach ditto, no.
They're tortuous enough against Zac. =/
I didn't even wanna play a Peach ditto with Josh because it would be so BRAWL-like.
'How to Twain your Dwagon,' Kas. Say it the cuted way! I should be staying with Billy - and city meet sounds hella.

If you can get Perfect Dark XBLA at the Mana Bar i'd be down Zeccy <3

King Kong

Smash Lord
And Josh, haha, you were the only one I was genuinely afraid of losing to. Haha.
Haha, yeah, I kind of hit a good flow. Its weird playing against you, because its more of a battle of minds rather than a combo fest. Also, you're so chilled and funny to play against that I dont really get my usual nerves, except at the end there, where my brain went "wtf is going on? i cant possibly be beating Kas" lol :p

Had lots of fun, was good to get facer@ped by rob, my DK got 0-deathed like every stock lol.

Sorry I had to leave so early, I was feeling tired/hungover and was shaking like crazy, i'll be nice and fresh the next time a tournament rolls around.

Also, mad props to my protégé Dif for improving so much. Hopefully you'll get better and be like me just without the nerves :)

Also thanks to Scott, Zac and Vyse for organizing.

peace out

Sirias

Smash Champion
Sawwi, Daviee~
Although I already saw it with Zac, was so KYUUTE! <3
I want PLUSHIEZ OF DA DWAGONZ.

Hella hella.

BILLY!
I HATE YOU!
Inviting OOSers into your home but not me?!
IT'S SO PAINFUL TO CRY SO MUCH!
</3

And I'm only relaxed when I play 'cause if I get all pent up (like when I play Zac (or Dave)) I hate the game and don't wanna play after the matches are feeneeshed.

TT Ogre 1

Smash Apprentice
aww dave I'll just set up a bar out the back and we can play perfect dark XD as for the tourney I was pretty mindfcked after the 4 v's i had at middoiyish. Like kas said i was pretty meh after the 1st match match we had ololol. our matches wer only going for like 2 mins which is pretty evident that we wer just trying to combo the **** out of each other XD until some faaaag realised he wasnt going to win and started solely shinespiking...

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ha ha, yar.
Except I wouldn't call what I did really shine-spiking, just you getting gayed by bullcrud, lol.
Plus you're a noob for falling into them anyway. <3

Lol, need more energy drinks methinks, mang.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yey! I miss Josh. Let's just hang out in the city on that Saturday to make it easier for everyone.

PoweredByAMD

Smash Cadet
Was AutumnSmash on today? And was there melee? And if AutumnSmash is on tommorow, is there any melee going on?

Sieg

Smash Champion
Yeah Np lol. **** was so amazing haha.

Kas if you see this I'll prolly be up tomoz.

King Kong

Smash Lord
Started uploading melee vids from hotcats

kas vs ryan winners semis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq5Z9AuZUwU

me vs arrow losers something
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySMwReIZ6io

Kas vs vyse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbyGdJ0SeSM

me vs KK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3CCuRTJzpk
Nice comeback in that first match against me :) nerves of STEEL!!!

Also king kok is a far superior game tag

And **** yeah SQUAT 3. Those were the days, so many classic lines. Is that Rachel I hear in the background?

peace out

foxlyfe

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. I'm new to the smash community. I mostly play with a few friends and we arent that good but im looking forward to being a part of the smash community.

Only had experience with brawl, just wondering if many people go online to play? If yes is it decent?

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
(inb4vysenewpersonhypespeach)

If only you had made a post 2 days ago you could of come to AutumnSmash. Oh well only 2 weeks to PMS so its all good.

Online play is pretty junk usually. It certainly wasn't really a game designed with Online play in mind.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Hey there and welcome to the Smash community =D

Yea, doesn't matter if you're not that good, you can only get better by vs'ing better people right =P

None of us play online cause it is BAAAAAAAAD, pretty much you shouldn't bother with online play, Nintendo fail in that department...

Anyways if you have any questions just shoot me a PM!

Check out what D0N sent me!

"Hotdog! What's up!?

I beat Chudat 2-0 in a 5$ MM at a tourney yesterday. They were both close games. We were gonna do double or nothing, but he had tourney matches still and I had to go home. I placed terribly though and he's still the better player lol."

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hi guys. I'm new to the smash community. I mostly play with a few friends and we arent that good but im looking forward to being a part of the smash community.

Only had experience with brawl, just wondering if many people go online to play? If yes is it decent?
Welcome.
Wheres abouts do you live?
Ya might be realy close to someone!

We are doing some stuff this weekend at Supernova if you or anyone else out there is interested.
More info as i know it!

Also the Saturday or Sunday after that (the 17th/18th) will have a DAYTIME meet at James and mine.
Come and see Ganondorf, maybe play some cricket or footy and play lots o smash.
Food and drinks should be available too.

foxlyfe

Smash Rookie
I live in Lawnton (North Brisbane). Yeah I couldnt attend lansmash or supanova., I have been to previous lansmash tournaments but only for SF4 and HDR.

Can you guys give me the low down on the Brisbane smash community? How many people enter tournaments, top players etc, thanks!

PoweredByAMD

Smash Cadet
Missed AutumnSmash (heard that not many melee people would be there) cos I slept in and I'm able to come on Friday at Supanova, so can anyone tell me the details for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom