• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] LanSmash Thread | 2010 Season over | "Power of One" next year

What days are you attending? (Even if you're not playing)

• Total voters

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
as if fox cant give kirby the boop.

also dunno about shiek, but luigi ***** zelda.

also happy birthday j-dude

Remastered

Smash Lord
Try Utilting Fox with Kirby and see how you go. Fox is the closest out of my 3 though with Kirby only having a slight advantage. So still winnable.

Yeah Lui ***** Zelda, but not sheik. Hence Shelda being there because D3 is even with sheik but not Zelda??? apparently.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Vyse, whats the word on infinites at Santa? Against a wall legal? Standing Legal?

Although the front page says infinite grabs against a wall are stalling, the next line says infinite grabs must end after 300%. Does this include against the wall?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Putting your opponent in an inescapable situation for the purpose of stalling is banned.
In these extreme cases, a TO can be called to oversee play once a character reaches 300%

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
So, I'm thinking we'll just run with the Robocop Ruleset for this and PoO. After watching M2K beat Brood on RC, I just don't feel like it should be legal in Brawl.

What do people think?
That ruleset is the best we've used imo. Some stages have dumb advantages for certain characters, but with banning and counter picking it's reasonably balanced.

Ok so I can still legally standing infinite and wall infinite with D3 aslong as it finishes at 300%?
However, this being legal I find stupid. Personally I don't see the point in playing a game to chain grab your opponent infinitely to death (300% is death), but that's just me. I don't play D3 or IC's. I can see the validity in the argument 'it's apart of the game, so it shouldn't be banned', but it just seems dumb to me. On the other hand - meta knight.

EDIT:
Those pics are epic arrow! cept Hades looks kinda queer haha and cloud and link should never be portrayed as being that manly.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i think it suits him XD just joking with patchy rabbit.
does jbirds can be hercules halfdorf =P
tigerdorf can be ares or hermes

need an eygtian god crew to counter it.
ra, anubis, amun, horus, osiris, seth are all the cool male ones.
ill be ra... which is ar backwards.

Remastered

Smash Lord
If you get grabbed against a permanent wall you're an idiot
I had you in one that doubles match and ended it straight away because the rules weren't clear and I didn't realise I could just keep doing it.

No D3 user would ever take someone upto 300% anyway, even I can see that as stupid. D3 Utilt out of wall infinite kills every character at 140% even with great DI.

Why is it 300% and not 200%? You are asking for stalling at 300%.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Doubles... need i say more

Also you ask the same question every tournament, i assume you would know by now

RULES!!

Remastered

Smash Lord
The rules change all the time, and are never fully clear as pointed out above.

RC rules are different to the rules we play here and all the other states have different lists too. Why can't we have a common sense universal set of rules. Nothing major has jumped out in the metagame to need to change them in a long time.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
The rules change all the time, and are never fully clear as pointed out above.
The rules rarely change here in QLD however i agree that they are never that clearly pointed or displayed at tournament.

RC rules are different to the rules we play here
Assuming RC = Robocop
We have been running Robocop rulset for a while now =/
some person: "blah blah what stages are legal"
vyse: "robocop ruleset bro"

Why can't we have a common sense universal set of rules.
Because not everyone is going to agree, simple as that really. Whilst a universal set would be compeitively ideal, its not always the best for the community.
Also different region uniqueness is cool... sorta
QLD was knwon for flamboyant Port Town
However i do agree in wanting a universal ruleset.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I miss when it was fun and about the partying with 5 people just to take down Osiris or Amon ra. I hate that it became stupid and botching elitists all about guild wars.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I wouldn't estimate very many more than our usual turnouts Dan.

Currently in the process of trying to set up a deal with GameTraders to sell GC controllers at this. However on one hand Syke says the price being offered by Browns Plains doesn't line up with the one at Logan, whilst Matt's told me that Logan's controllers cost more.

A bit of investigating needed first. Will let you all know.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Schedule
Very not as of yet thought through Schedule:

December 18th, Saturday

10am - Brawl Doubles Registration
10:30am - Brawl Doubles
1:00pm - Brawl Singles Registration
1:30pm - Brawl Singles Pools
5:00pm - Brawl Singles Double Elimination

December 19th, Sunday

10am - Melee Doubles Registration
10:30am - Melee Doubles
1:00pm - Melee Singles Registration
1:30pm - Melee Singles Pools
4:00pm - Melee Singles Double Elimination
So, is this schedule confirmed, or is it still very not as of yet thought through? The tournament is in 10 days, lol.

Also, you can get new controllers online for $35.. why would anyone pay that much for a 2nd hand one? The last 2nd hand controller I bought was from GT browns plains about 9 months ago and it cost me $18.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
vyse i'm considering bringing myself in on saturday to record brawl stuff. do you guys need/want another recording setup? i'd probably want to get the files to somebody else though, cause i use up enough of my own internet quota uploading melee stuff. but that's not overly significant at this point in time.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
So, is this schedule confirmed, or is it still very not as of yet thought through? The tournament is in 10 days, lol.

Also, you can get new controllers online for $35.. why would anyone pay that much for a 2nd hand one? The last 2nd hand controller I bought was from GT browns plains about 9 months ago and it cost me $18.
The schedule is about as confirmed as can possibly be.
I'm betting that it'll run quicker than we think if we can keep a tight schedule.

On the 2nd point, the other hand is that the controllers are right then and there. It's an opportunity one way or another. The pricing is what it is.

The answer is "Why wouldn't a place like Gametraders have relevant merchandise on offer?" there's virtually zero overhead, and the products are right there in front of its target demographic.

Also Natalie's telling me now that the $20 ones you got a while back would have been untested, uncleaned and unsorted ones and that's important to some people, including the customer base Gametraders has. They've also had third party ones for $20 in the past that look legitimate but aren't.

Yes, you can buy online, and yes, if you're looking to make a serious investment, I'd import from Japan/internationally. So then why would you ever walk into a store/convention/anywhere to buy anything? Like I said before, it's an offer. I'm not saying you have to buy them. But they're there if you want to. They're going to be on offer one way or another and we're not expecting 89445436546 people to line up for them rofl.

vyse i'm considering bringing myself in on saturday to record brawl stuff. do you guys need/want another recording setup? i'd probably want to get the files to somebody else though, cause i use up enough of my own internet quota uploading melee stuff. but that's not overly significant at this point in time.
I'll bring a harddrive/my laptop or something.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I can bring my external to save clips to.

Also Toki are we teaming for Santa Smash? :p

Top Bottom