• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QUAKE CON 2010+Phase 12!!! August 14th!! No venue/entry fee!! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Posted in the Supercon thread. It was posted 3 months ago, though, so they obviously could have changed their minds.
YES YES YES!!!!!

Im there, no matter what.

Also Teams wont be guaranteed, except for first place.

1.UTD Zac/Gnes
Welp, seeing how this ^^ was posted a week ago, I'll say Gnes changed his mind, plus I talk to Razer and Gnes almost on a daily basis and they told me they're going to Quake, so they'll be going to Quake

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
PLEASE bring full set-ups. i cannot accurate-ly judge how many people will enter this event.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Unfortunately per Quakecon rules i cannot accept money at the venue. I have had alot of correspondence with the guys and they are just not ready to tackle pot money this year. We are all hoping this is a yearly thing so i will be following their instructions to the letter.

I know you guys want to do it, and so do they, thats the only reason they agreed to let me take donations. You guys have 3 days left on the deadline. With sooooo many people RSVP'd i believe that we can find a way to make it happen.

If you dont have paypal come into our store, or give the money to someone who does and have them send it. I know you guys all trust Xyro and Zac.

Im just sorry we could only put $500 in there, but rest assured we are working pretty hard to make this event pretty epic.

And i also do want to apologize to the Dallas guys for stepping on your event. Hopefully i can make it up to you guys sometime soon. Maybe we can sponsor a Phase event or something!
I appreciate all you have done to support the Brawl Smash scene. Bringing a tournament to Dallas doesn't hurt my feelings. We still get to play for prizes and this time it's free!

As Xyro said,

PLEASE BRING TV / WII

@Wolfwood, can we get a total of "extra donations" for Brawl? I want to know how much we have to work with for doubles. Xyro and I really want to be able to pay out doubles and singles. I may end up donating some too.

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie
I appreciate all you have done to support the Brawl Smash scene. Bringing a tournament to Dallas doesn't hurt my feelings. We still get to play for prizes and this time it's free!

As Xyro said,

PLEASE BRING TV / WII

@Wolfwood, can we get a total of "extra donations" for Brawl? I want to know how much we have to work with for doubles. Xyro and I really want to be able to pay out doubles and singles. I may end up donating some too.
Lol, i still felt bad. Hope we can work together alot in the future.

And i actually haven't received any donations for smash brothers. Let these guys know $5 a piece adds up. Good news though:

Ryan "kimcicle" Kim has just donated $400 to the pot! $300 for SSF4, $50 for Tekken, and $50 for 3rd Strike! I hope you guys can all show him some thanks this weekend for showing support for the scene and for supporting what we are trying to do! With that said the pot for SSF4 is now $820 and we will be paying out top 8! Skys the limit though i would personally feel bad if kimcicle put up all that cash by himself. So tonight in person or before the 12th through paypal throw $5 in the pot. We can hit $1000 easy!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Xyro and I have reworked to payouts to include Brawl 2v2.

Updated the payouts as follows:

Brawl 1v1 - $350
1st = $200
2nd = $90
3rd = $40
4th = $20

Brawl 2v2 - $150
1st = $90
2nd = $40
3rd = $20

Xyro77

if you dontate, the payout can only increase. even if u drop like 3$ it all helps out at the end of the day

Sonic_King

Smash Apprentice
is it goin to take place both outside and inside.... or is it only inside gaming only.... i dont like outside gaming.. dam flies attacked the **** outta me.. if the tourney is goin to be takin place inside the building only then im down to go

Player-4

See you in 25 years
is it goin to take place both outside and inside.... or is it only inside gaming only.... i dont like outside gaming.. dam flies attacked the **** outta me.. if the tourney is goin to be takin place inside the building only then im down to go
Wimp status

Xyro77

Tlk to espy and k prime or suspect(ssf4 will be there) for a ride. There is something for everyone at this event.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I'm leaving tomorrow because I'm going to experience all QuakeCon has to offer! Yeah!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
aslkdfjasldkjfals;kdjfaslkdjfa;sdlkjf

I have to make it to this :(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Synced if we attend Batman already wants to team with you.

Suspect

Smash Hero
sorry xyro. when i found out about this it was to late to request off from work. i really want to go too

Xyro77

Just got some cool news. http://kotaku.com/ is going to be at quake con filming and interviewing people. maybe me or zac will get interviewed...who knows!

btw, this is the LAST day to donate money to the pot. If you do not donate today, you will have to deal with what we have in the pot already. this is your last chance.

-Ran

Smash Master
Lee
Ran
Curlz
Hyro [Not Confirmed]

Since teams is free, I'll enter. I need a team mate that will have good synergy with Snake. I usually don't enter since I don't want to let someone down with money on the line.

Xyro77

EXCELLENT!!!!!!

Things are looking good so far. The only thing that would make this better is if people brought set-ups. We seriously need them because i do not know how big this event can be.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm stealing a tv from a local that fits in my car. So we'll have one set up from Louisiana. Step it up Texas; we're driving nine hours with a set up, son. The tournament will take too long if don't have enough set ups. There's going to be a lot of people entering that normally wouldn't.

MAJOR QUESTION THOUGH.

Parking!? Will it cost money?

It looks like it's 17 bucks to park at the venue, if the Hilton is charging regular rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom