• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QUAKE CON 2010+Phase 12!!! August 14th!! No venue/entry fee!! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
MAJOR QUESTION THOUGH.

Parking!? Will it cost money?

It looks like it's 17 bucks to park at the venue, if the Hilton is charging regular rates.
Don't park at the venue. Park at a different hotel near the venue and walk. It's worth it ;)

M.Tro

Smash Rookie
Lee
Ran
Curlz
Hyro [Not Confirmed]

Since teams is free, I'll enter. I need a team mate that will have good synergy with Snake. I usually don't enter since I don't want to let someone down with money on the line.
I need a partner and how is a snake and snake team, they have so much synergy since they are the same person.

-Ran

Smash Master
Marth is back being a secondary where he is meant to be. I spent a good bit of time on him which furthered my understanding of the game, so my Snake kept getting proportionately better. xD

Sync.

Smash Champion
Marth is back being a secondary where he is meant to be. I spent a good bit of time on him which furthered my understanding of the game, so my Snake kept getting proportionately better. xD
Dude awesome. I saw your Marth one time at a HOBO and I thought it was pretty good. That's good got to stay true to that Snake. I play around with other characters for like maybe four to five days and go back to playing Snake and all of a sudden my Snake gets better haha.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MAJOR QUESTION THOUGH.

Parking!? Will it cost money?

It looks like it's 17 bucks to park at the venue, if the Hilton is charging regular rates.
l
l
l
l
l
V
Don't park at the venue. Park at a different hotel near the venue and walk. It's worth it ;)
Case closed!

ATTENTION EVERYBODY WHO IS GOING WiTH ME TO QUAKECON!!!

1. Meet at PJ's house friday nite anytime after 7pm or meet at PJs house Saturday morning by 5:45am. I WILL LEAVE AT 6am whether you are there or not.

1a. PJs address:
10105 kempwood
Houston, TX, 77080

He lives in the spring shadow apartments and his phone number is 979-320-4950(save his number AND my number in your phone NOW)

2. Bring a pillow to sit/lay on when you are in the back of my truck. I will put sleeping bags in the back of the truck so it wont be too hard on yo ***.

3. Bring a clean pair of underwear. You never know when you might **** yourself.

4. Bring 15$ for gas. Since venue fee/1vs1 and 2vs2 is free to enter, 15$ for gas wont hurt you. But seriously, my truck will be weighted down so it hurts my gas mileage.

5. We ALL will take turns sitting in the back of the truck so PLEASE plan correctly(hats? sun-block? jackets?)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
LISTEN UP!

Jerm isn't riding in my carpool anymore so I have a free spot open. Does anyone from Houston need a ride to Quake Con? It'll be $15 bucks gas, you don't have to ride in the bed of a truck, and we're staying Friday and Saturday night.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is there going to be a livestream, or has someone already got something planned?

Xyro77

.......................does anybody read the front page?

There are 2 stream links. we are not allowed to bring our own stream into the venue.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A simple yes to my question would have sufficed.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Holy **** QuakeCon is amazing! I had too much fun today. I will be going to QuakeCon annually from now on.

And still 2 more days to go!

Edit: Allan, I'm not sure I can be at the Brawl event until 1:30 or 2. Which event are you doing first?

Xyro77

Holy **** QuakeCon is amazing! I had too much fun today. I will be going to QuakeCon annually from now on.

And still 2 more days to go!

Edit: Allan, I'm not sure I can be at the Brawl event until 1:30 or 2. Which event are you doing first?
Since singles has guaranteed money i will be doing it first. i WILL start at 1pm whether people are there or not. Normally i would be a little lax but i have to drive home the SAME day so i need this event over with asap.

Xyro77

if u cannot find a team mate here i promise you there will be one at the event. PLEASE be on time and bring a full-set up if u can. PLEASE

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I plan on doing both of those things.
Also, do you know yet which hotel with free parking I should look for? I'm not very familiar with southern Dallas.
There are quite a few free parking lots directly across the street from the hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom