• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RAGE - Results and shoutout thread!! THANK YOU BASED CARROLL!!

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Quick question about pool results... why was I above KB? Coulda sworn our match ended up being for 2nd seed, since we both had only 1 loss before the set IIRC. Just wondering.

Shoutouts to come after work, if I'm still conscious. @.@

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Last time I spoke to KB he was 2nd seed so I was shocked to play him also being a 2nd seed. He beat me. Fair and square. No johns...that's my *****. I was just curious how his happened.

1: Ally ($288.00) - yo0o0o0o0o i hope you're ready to get bodied in d3 when pvp comes out :yeahboi:
2: M2K ($132.00) - fun games, i still really love your playstyle
3: Zinoto ($84.00) - i'm so proud! you've really stepped it up. ban diddy :denzel:
4: Shugo ($48.00) - dont be down baby. it was fun seeing you as always. zinoto better watch out for the rematch
5: Lain ($24.00) - lain's coming back baby
5: Kel ($24.00) - good games, i didnt mean for any drama. you should trust your marth, it's really good already. ban diddy :denzel:
7: SpartaKick - how did MI's worst player get top 8? i'm really happy you did well. i was sad i didnt get to watch you play in bracket at all but i assume you were ******. your mk has gotten WAY better, i'm excited to play it more. also i wanna play your snake again!!! i'm sure we'll meet in pools soon :denzel:
7: AlphaZealot - good games man. idk who said i'm a diddy slayer but i still have some things i need to work out. i really liked seeing you use diddy in a totally different way than zinoto. i look forward to watching the set.
9: KB - nice placing son! too bad we didnt play. we really should next time, haha
9: Carls - ggs in dubs
9: Blue - quit sandbagging
13: Mister Eric - rob is broken. you did really well against thugz and it looks like you've learned even more gimmicks for the MK matchup. i still think it's in ROB's favor :yeahboi:
13: Thugz - i'm proud of you babe
13: Suyon - chill out
17: Rabbi - :kobe:
17: Tako - we should play someday...
17: MX - yoshi is broken!!!! good games
17: W.T.P. - you gotta try
17: M@V - ggs in dubs
17: Kee - wow good job
17: Fishy - good games
25: BulletSquall - nice job
25: Tech_Chase - everyone has a bad tournament. dont get so down about it. look at me, i still decide to get totally bodied every once in a while :yeahboi:. what makes players great is the ability to learn from their mistakes. so chin up and next time you got dis baby :yeahboi:
25: JTSM - good stuff
25: Lumi - omg wolf is broken. good set. i was really relieved when you picked mk game 3 lol it's pretty much the only matchup i play :p i was scared of dat wolf fo sho
25: KSev - nice job
25: Stewie - wow good **** beating clowsui
--pools cut off--
33: Hot_Arms - lol free
33: Clowsui - you gotta trust yourself more son. focus and relax. you got this.
33: SoulPech - ggs in dubs
33: JCav - my son, you can do much better. you just had a bad day. also, diddy is ****ing broken :yeahboi:
33: King - good games son i love them mk dittos
41: FFOri_Bro - u got dis
41: Lokii - thanks for hosting. it was nice meeting you, definitely seem like a cool girl with a sense of humor.
41: Links - good games son. you seemed rusty

overall, i think people should focus more on the good stuff ppl do as opposed to how bad everyone is. a positive attitude does wonders for improvement. and it's much easier to focus when you're calm and dont let emotions interfere.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Rabbi Nevins said:
Seeing as how we are brothers I don't see how I would say no to that. Then after the match I even was noble enough to go over to you and personally apologize. Which you responded rudely at. How many times has a smasher cheered for the person you're playing against (who is also their blood brother and best friend) and then proceeded to apologize for it without anyone invoking it.
Are you kidding me? I don't really care what happened, nor am I Kel's friend or anything, but if you perform an action, you stand by your action. If you cheer against someone, heckling or not, you don't apologize afterwards. You apologize if you feel your action was WRONG. Do you think it was? You obviously don't, and tbqh, I'd be upset with you too.

Imo, you should have came up to him with intentions of no ill feelings, not an apology.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'll have a batch of footage going up tonight as I sleep.

EDIT: Follow AlphaZealot on youtube to see the matches as soon as they are ready! So far I've got my matches up for: Gio, KB, SOS, JTSM, and Carls, and my MM with Zinito (where the sound apparently did not record :( - sigh @ally).

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
[COLLAPSE="My general BASED shout outs from the 2nd post"]Yoooooooooooooooooooo

Time for Carrolls WORLD FAMOUS SHOUT OUTS!! SUPER RARE!! MUST BE COOL GET ONE!!

shout outs to Lokiimon stadium for keeping it real and pulling us all together <3 10/10

Shout outs to Zinoto being the Homie

shout outs to jason for the carry in melee in exchange for the carry IRL

shout out to taki for keeping everybody rollin with his m2k trollin

shout out to my girl Tech Chase

shout to skyson for getting a SUPER RARE CARROLL DOLLAR

shout out to S1 for letting me win fox dittos for the rest of my life

shout outs to sweet for being my honey dip baby

shout outs to cool brawl people like mr eric and clowsui

shout outs to ally for learning english in michigan

shout outs to thugz for being my 10 year old dubz lover

shout outs everyone who lost to me you suck

shout outs to me for not wearing a shirt for 90% of this tourney

shout out to johnathan DOUGLAS carroll

shout outs to gun punch for maining peach EVEN IN BRAWL

shout outs to denzi for being a total worthless d bag and being bad at everything

shout outs to the people who missed this like getlow and jailbait

shout outs to dees for playing instruments and ****

shout outs to Lain babbbbbbbbby so ****ing hotttttttttt

shout to nicole giving it up EZPZ

shouts to Gio for ****** at everything ever,

shout outs to naka flocka flame

shout outs to biddy that play smash

shout outs to me being best TO of ever

shout out to the brawl TOs that **** *****es

shout outs to the brawl TOs that dont

shout outs to Dunk master Flex, aka my marth

shout to all of you that watched the stream

shout outs to me breaking the world record for fastest KOon tourney (1second)

shout outs to paturnips who i would pay for forever

shout out to the rage shirts

shouts to vanz fest 1 being done by 4 o clock

shout outs to juggleguy the hamilton

shout outs to MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL

shout outs to j brizo the dodgeball fizzo

shout outs to dudes that are freee

shouts to jiffy being good and cool, same time

shout out to m2k, whats the point? lol

shout outs to the moments in my life that cool and noteworthy

shout out for the obama space program

shout out to m@v being a pittsburgh fox

shout outs to all the last seeds, you will all beat me one day

shout outs to my kordell stewart

shout outs to me[/COLLAPSE]

this is where ill put my classic ones

1: Mew2king - drunk
2: VaNz - fox
3: Juggleguy -yo
4: Nakamaru - angry
5: SilentSwag - lame
5: Taki - no shoes
7: Carroll - hipster
7: Green Ranger - b@stard
9: Skyson - lovely
9: Ralis - lol
9: Dempt - 1sec
9: Zinoto - homie
13: Slarti - quiet
13: Z-Axis - scared
13: S1 - movement
13: Gunpunch - 80% Down Samsh
17: J-Bro - Stik
17: Battlecow is a ***** (Gio) - yo0o0o0
17: Sweet - yummy
17: Freeze - what?
17: DEES - cool
17: Lain (DQ'd) - world record holder
17: Drillbit Sammy - DILLbit
17: Joe Paturnip - kray nium
---Pools cut off---
25: MAJOR THREAT ZACH DILL - hungry
25: HouseWife - biddy
25: Jiffy - lube
25: Dubs - tep
25: Blue Rouge - ness lol
25: Robm - got em
31: Stndrgndr - vowels
31: Dinko - yeah
31: Dokz - dudeeee
31: Vanir - looooooooool
31: M.A.D.D. HOMIE<3

thanks for the playing one word shout outs game
brawl ones coming soon

•Col•

Smash Champion
I was the Lexia who talked about my friend who plays zwei/nightmare. You were pretty good. If you aren't that super far, he might be willing to drive out to play you sometime.
I live in Pittsburgh, so uh.... Yeah.......

Come to HOPE.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Yeah bracket was a little jank, TC. I 2-0'd my entire pool and then had Ally 2nd rd of bracket. But as Keist said and as I suspected, flubs were made simply due to time constraints and we all just have to respect that.
As for the ****talking, I love **** talk. Makes this feel more like a sport lol.
As for boner killer. I wish I wasn't playing smash during the ordeal or he coulda killed mine too.
As for ROBth place, get at me.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
It's time for...

Eddie G's Panty Soaking Shoutouts

1: Ally ($288.00) :snake: :fox: - Good seeing you again Elliot. Keep whooping the Midwest into shape while you make that bank. Line that beard up next time yo! LOL
2: M2K ($132.00) :metaknight: - Your reactions while you play are priceless.
3: Zinoto ($84.00) :diddy: - Personally, it excites me to see how much you continue to steadily improve and you've even managed to beat Shugo, which has been something I've been training to do for quite a while. I have a lot of back-and-forth rivalries with some of your state's finest players, but you and Shugo are my "two to beat". I'll be back for our next set just as you remembered me from PS4, I know I can be on :diddy:'s *** way more than that. xD
4: Shugo ($48.00) :falco: - You look buff as **** for some reason lmaooo. Our best just lost to their best, we won't hear the end of it...until me, one of our HMs (lol?), takes out their best. ;) God Kais!
5: Lain ($24.00) :metaknight: :popo: :dedede: - Nice seeing you again Will. Stay in the venue next time or I'll personally hunt you down you flakey son of a---!!! :)
5: Kel ($24.00) :marth: - Very well done, Kel! Your :marth: is coming along nicely, though I wish we would have gotten some games in at this. Oh well, next time. Let me know if you and Kassy need any help with that Dazzle.
7: SpartaKick :snake: - As I've said, it's always fun to play you Dan. We're so flashy, the matches are fast, it's just a good time. 1-1 baby...let's see who gets that tiebreaker! And let's tear it up at SPAU2!!!
7: AlphaZealot :diddy: :dk2: - Always a pleasure, Chris. Well done pulling it out in our set, and on getting top 8. I told you Zinoto was no joke! God Kais!
9: KB :peach: :metaknight: (I used MK, not Marth!!!) - Proud of this. Haven't secured a single digit placing at a regional for quite some time, and the level of play continues to shoot way up. :)
9: Carls :fox: - Nice meeting you, very impressive :fox:
9: Blue :wario: - I heard about that epic comeback in doubles. True :diddy: slayer right here. God Kais!
9: Gio :metaknight: - Gioooooooo! Nice seeing you bro, I agree we need to get some games in next time. Gotta work on your item play a little more if you want to effectively pressure :diddy:, my boy AZ was able to get away with a little more than he should have based on those matches.
13: Mister Eric :rob: - Good seeing you again Eric, glad we finally got to play in tournament again. I believe that makes us 1-1 now...tiebreaker son!!! Bring that :rob: back even stronger next time, I'll be ready. God Kais!
13: Thugz :metaknight: :pikachu2: - Didn't get to meet.
13: Ralph_Cecil - Not bad Ralph. We should get some games in next time we're at the same event. :)
13: Suyon :pit: - Very nice, my liege. You've still got a lot of fight in you I see. Keep training that Pit up dude and you'll be hitting top 8 at regionals without breaking a sweat.
17: Rabbi - :yeahboi:
17: Tako :rob: :dedede: - Tako, I wouldn't recommend being disappointed in the loss against :metaknight:, remember it did come down to the very last hit bro. Besides...it seemed like you had fun, so don't let a character's presence influence your attendance at these great events. I respect that you want to find a counter, but part of that will be testing out said potential counters against MK in a tournament setting.
17: Berserker :ike: - Nice Ike dude! I'm definitely not going anything but :peach: against you in the future. xD
17: MX :yoshi2: :fox: - My boy MX still reppin' that sexy Yoshi, with a splash of Fox. Awwwwyeahhhhh
17: W.T.P. :falco: - Always a pleasure, Kevin. One of my favorite people from Michigan...irl. LOL
17: M@V :fox: :metaknight: - Fun MM man. That's too bad about what happened in bracket, just work on preventing that from happening again and secure that win next time.
25: Tech_Chase :dedede: - GGs in our set bro, excited to have a tiebreaker on our hands. I couldn't let you breathe at the end there because I'm legit scared of how much of a comeback artist you can be. You'll be back stronger than ever next time, don't let one bad showing get to you. If that were the case...I'd already be gone myself.
25: JTSM - :denzel:
25: Lumi :wolf: :metaknight: - Lumi, always a pleasure. We'll have to get a MM in next time. Step it up if you want to hold that place homie!
25: KSev - GGS in pools.
--pools cut off--
33: Hot_Arms :olimar: - Fun MM, you still hold the title of weirdest :snake: I've ever played LMAO.
33: Clowsui :marth: - Thanks for making it up here bro, it really means a lot. Shake off this performance, especially since it seems like you might have figured some things out. Looking forward to see how you do at SPAU2. Oh and GET RAMIN SPIKED IN THAT MM YEAHHHHHHHHH BOOOOYYYYYYY
33: VaNz - GGs in pools VaNz, I'm glad that you acknowledge Brawl's evolution (even if slight) instead of mindlessly bashing it. You've still got some sexy in that Peach, though I know most of that comes from your even greater Melee Peach haha. I'll see you around at some more events I'm sure.
33: SoulPech :jigglypuff: - We need to play. I can't believe people still lose to Jigglypuff! /callout
33: King - Good seeing you again Chase. We should get some practice in sometime while you're home.
41: FFOri_Bro - Oriiiiiii, shake it off dude. I'm glad to see this inspires you to train even harder; definitely much better than having a defeatist attitude. I'm sure it will pay off.
41: Kiest :dedede: - It was a pleasure being able to help out (even if just a little), and I really learned a lot. We hope to see you back up here in the future for sure Kiester.
41: Jiffy :wario: - Dan the man...good stuff in doubles haha. One of NEOH's pride and joy since the days of old.
41: Lokii - Alyssa, I am so proud of you for pulling this thing together the way you did, and it was a huge success! NEOH has not seen this kind of love since I can remember. And yup, I do think of you as a little sis, so let me know if you need a boot up anyone's *** or something lol.
41: Links :toonlink: - Glad you could make it out bro. You were rusty but that's understandable. Showing your region some love is always a good reason to show.
49: Hari :pit: - Nice seeing you again Hari.
49: Avion - Nice meeting you dude, you kind of look like a white Nairo. If I can secure a pic of him, you'll get the reference lmao.
49: Carroll (forfeit) - Shirtless fiend!!! Thanks for all the help man. You are mad hype.
57: denzi :falco: - :denzel: :denzel: :denzel:
57: Auspher :wolf: - :denzel: :denzel: :denzel:
57: Juu :mario2: :pit: :fox: - witness to my free beef jerky... :yeahboi:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Juu: OMG last place what?
I forfeited out after my batteries died at the end of my set vs Lokii and decided to just help with the tournament, run back end of brackets and later play the friendlies I missed while doing the before mentioned. That's not to say that I would have gotten out or anything, it just is what it is. I learned a lot during my sets against Lokii, Blue, WTP and Eric, so we'll see what I can do with that from there.

I saw you Jimmy, but forgot to say something, lol. Your Pit was looking nice.

I didn't play any Fox at this tournament. I won a game with Pit (WTP, game one) and another with Mario (Lokii, game two). Lost with Sheik (BR, game one / WTP, game three) and Mario (Lokii, game three) so only Pit and Mario should be next to my name. I'll leave more shoutouts later, but for now.

Carroll is ****, Juggleguy is awesome and chill as ****. Shoutouts to the TO's that I helped, to seeing a lot of faces I hadn't seen in a while and meeting a lot more. Being able to cut away my disappointment from the Brawl bracket made my time much better than it probably seemed.

Plus, I mean. I slept in a mansion for two days, *****. Lol. Two showerheads... TWO. And I was on a boat, and jacuzzi + pool at 2 in the morning. Man, that **** is more than enough.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
HUGE SHOUTOUTS TO PEOPLE FOR BRINGING TVs AND SET-UPS!!!

We had 11 Melee set-ups and 18 Brawl Set-ups, in case anyone was wondering. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah yeah lol. You and Julian (despite being freeeee to me in that 2v1 at PS4 <3) bodied the **** out of me and AZ, you guys had better coordination/communication and all that.

Me and Tech are gonna make you both bite the pillow one day though, haha.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
M2K - Double 3 stocked. QQQQQQQ Thanks for the advice though. ^_^ I'll definitely try and take that into account when I play from now on.
Zinoto - Good job beating Shugo. =D Also yeah we should definitely play at the next tourney we get a chance to. ^_^ Also since Impulse? O-o
Kel - aekutsghlukh I wish I could have taken that last game. >_< GGs Though I was finally able to take one game at least lol.
SpartaKick - I wish I could have beaten Kee, so I could've gotten to play against you. D= EDIT: askfhgdhfd I actually remember how that ended with the footstool now. QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ So mean lol.
AlphaZealot - GGs in pools. ^_^ Was our set recorded? o-o I saw the laptop, but I wasn't sure.
KB - Thanks ^_^ Also just ask me to play at the next tourney we are both at and i'll be up for playing. =D
Carls - We should play friendlies at the next tourney we are both at. ^_^ I keep hearing things about your Fox, but I still haven't gotten to play you yet. ;(
Blue - I wish we could have played some friendlies or something at this. D=
Gio - Good job at getting 9th. ^_^
Mister Eric
Thugz - I was surprised that you remembered me from the friendlies we played at one of the Arcade Legacy tourneys. ^_^ But yeah we should definitely team. =D
Ralph Cecil - askrduhlirsehdgn I expected more of myself. >_< I'll just have to practice more. :\
Suyon - I wish I could've played some friendlies with you as well. ^_^ I need to learn the Pit mu more. =D
Tako - I should've asked to play some friendlies with you or something. D= Also I got really excited to know you got 2nd seed just because I knew I wouldn't have to play you first round lol.
Berserker - I should've tried to find you and play some friendlies. D= I don't get to play many players outside of MI, OH, and KY.
MX - I wish we could've gotten some friendlies in. D=
W.T.P. - GGs in bracket, but that was a REALLY unfortunate sd game 3. I'm actually pretty sure I would've lost that one too. D=
M@V - srghkhdsf I forgot that I wanted to play friendlies with you at the tourney and didn't think to ask. >_<
Kee - GGs in bracket. ^_^ That Oli lol. =D
Tech_Chase - We should've played some friendlies or something. Also I brought that game vs Jiggs back when you commented on it. T_T I'm just going to test something out though. The MI vs KY crew battle WON'T happen at the next tournament we are both at. Now I wait to see what happens there lol.
JTSM - It really sucks that we had to play in pools AND bracket. D= Also your bracket had double Snake dittos asdjfhgkjbaskjhdf. That's just not fun for anyone lol.
Lumi - We should've played some friendlies at this. ^_^ It's always really fun playing against that Wolf lol.
--pools cut off--
Hot_Arms - I'm not entirely sure if we met or not, but we should have. D= I want to meet/play all of the MI players. ^_^
Clowsui - Did you get frustrated in pools? O-o That's the only thing I could think of happening, because when you aren't you're just so scary to play against. T_T
SoulPech GGs in pools and friendlies. ^_^ Also aekhgdtkljhgksjegkdhf who rests someone out of an airdodge? QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ Those rest were so mean.
TheRealFatty - D= You should've taken that 2nd/last game off of SK. That would've been so hype.
FFOri_Bro - O-o What happened? o-o I really thought you would've made it out of pools. D= Also sry for not making it in time for doubles. T_T Glad you still found a partner. ^_^
Jiffy - askjfhgdiuh I hate playing against patient Warios. T_T
Lokii - Thanks for hosting this tournament. ^_^ It was really awesome.
Links - askudfhk You need to make it out of pools. D= Start practicing and going to more tourneys. =D
57: Juu - D= It sucks that you forfeited. ;(

Also QQQQ I had Oli -> Snake ditto -> D3(Though Falco was my main problem in the set) -> Marth. T_T Snake main's nightmare bracket lol. Fun tourney though. I just have to practice more. ^_^

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Ok, I'm going to throw out shoutouts after work tonight.

That being said, I'd like to sit and watch some Melee singles matches while this is happening :p

Skyson

Smash Ace
Ahhh.. it's been so long. My last tournament was The Big House in November. It was so.. refreshing coming to a tournament again. I never thought I'd do as well as I did. I didn't give a single person I played an easy match. I came to compete, and I think I did so incredibly well.

I also miss doing paragraph shoutouts. :3

- Melee

1: Mew2king: Jasoooooon. Dunkin' on kids. I definitely was glad to see you again, and fully regret that I didn't at least attempt to say "Yo dawg get on that setup and hop on these friendlies." It's too many levels of entertaining to watch you be in the zone and murder people. It really will never get old. <: Hopefully I'll see you sometime in the near ever. Moo2kiiiiing.

2: VaNz: SO TIGHT about that pools set. I really wish it had been recorded, I don't know what it was. I was awake, you were tired, something just clicked. I felt so on point that whole match, and I almost thought I had it. I'm sorry that I kind of cheered loud when I won game 2, I didn't mean to make a scene of it. I was just excited that something I'd never thought I could do before [taking a game off your Fox] was actually doable and potentially would be me taking a set off of you. Pools or not, I was seriously excited. GGs, hope to see you again soon.

3: Juggleguy: Third plaaaace? Rob? Daaaaamn. I was watching a few of your games, you've improved so damn much since the last time I saw you. But I kinda watch vids of you from time to time, the steady improvement really shows. Sticking with that Falcon 'til the dust settles, I approve. Really nice placement, you were hungry this time around. Wish we had gotten to play more than just that friendly, I gotta make up for how hard you ***** me in doubles last time we played. :p

4: Nakamaru: We didn't play. AT ALL! AAAAAAAAAAAA. What is this injustice? There should have been a "Naka and Sky play Link dittos until the end of time" setup. Too epic for a recording setup, but just somewhere in the distant wherever. Would have been greatness. Always good to see PA. <3 forever. Hopefully I'll make it to HOPE, and if so then see you again soon, where we will be playing. :D

5: SilentSwag: Johnny's all grown up and ******! They grow up so fast. Seriously though, you put in work. Even if you totally turned me down for doubles. :'( Aha. It's no big deal, I didn't think I would get anywhere in doubles but felt pretty good overall. GGs in money matches; I do my absolute best to refuse to lose to a Marth in anything. I didn't lose a set to a Marth at all at this tournament, and most friendlies I was slaughtering them. That's my only very comfortable matchup. Also, trying to $5 MM me with your Falco when I'd seen you ****** people all day with it.. nah. No thanks. xD Slick, Johnny, slick. Next time I see you I'll make up for it, I'll bring all the $1 bills in the world to toss at you, character after character.

5: Taki: I legitimately think I'm just scared of you. You've aaaaalways been the Fox that just outright ***** me with very little window for me to retaliate. No matter how good I think I get, I just.. get mindblown and demolished by you. This might be why I don't play you, and why I'm pretty okay with not seeing you in pools/bracket. But maybe sometime I'll just man up and say "YO TAKI, LET'S GO." and try to put my game face on after it gets shined off. D:

7: Carroll: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So much goodness. I don't know if I can handle playing more than an hour with you. It's gotten so intense. I love it. I feel pretty much on-par with you. I'm super salty about losing round 1 to you, but looking at the bracket I rolled into after losing, I guess I'll take it for what it is. I love that everything we did got recorded, and I can't wait to see them. Still laughing at that G&W ditto. The best. Very good job running the tournament under the circumstances of time, and good **** all around. Hope to see you at HOPE. Also remember that you currently hold the ONLY Skyson dollar in existence. Keep hold of that 'til you die. <33333 swag.

7: Green Ranger: HOLY **** I FINALLY MET YOU. And you're awesome. You're every level of PA-tier awesomeness. Cool guy, cool low-tier player, and it's just like... it's ****in' Donkey Kong! Ahahah. You're SO good, though. That's the thing I think I love most about low tiers. You get to know your skill set a lot easier than most, and most of your game is based around reading and reacting moreso than outteching the other guy. I could tell from the games we played, both in pools and moreso in bracket, that you were picking up on my habits and reacting accordingly. I'm so happy we got our losers' bracket match recorded. It was such an intense set, and you could practically see that we were learning from each other as the game went on. There was a mental battle at work through the whole game, and I have no qualms about losing to you. I put up the best fight I could in that mental battle. You're awesome, though. Keep being awesome, and hopefully I'll see you soon. :D

9: Skyson: Wow. Top placing [with 2 other people] from Ohio. I can say that I had no qualms about this tournament for once. Nothing to be disappointed about at all. I gave every single opponent a hard fight, and I finally have recent videos recorded to learn from my mistakes. I did things I thought I'd never be able to do, and I did exactly what I wanted to do: play the game at my pace and still compete. I had so many people at this tournament call me 'unorthodox' and I loved it. That's what I want to be. It hinders me at certain points, but overall I think unpredictability is a part of what got me here. I'll never change the way I play this game, and Sheik will always fit who I am. This definitely renewed my love for tournaments, and showed me that I'm not just a scrub with no chance at being good.

9: Ralis: I didn't get to see much of you, but honestly I wish I had. From the last few times that you narrowly beat me, I feel like I could have ridden a surge of confidence to do a lot better against you than before. Like I told you, I seriously hate the Falco matchup with a passion, mostly because his pressure cramps my style and ability to move around and do as I please. He forces me to fight under his terms, and I'm horrible at that for the most part. You're definitely getting really good, though. I hope to see you sometime soon.

9: Dempt: Bidwell doin' work. I didn't see much of you bracket-wise, but I know you brought it in our money match. I was fairly certain I was set to lose, but I made damn sure that you had to work for it. Even with your w0w-get-this-****-shoved-into-you Fox, I hung with it, even on goddamn Final D. You've improved by so many leaps and bounds, and I can't even explain how ridiculous it is seeing you now. Always excited for Melee, always always always. It's nice. I'll probably see you soon anyway, but it's good to know that I was able to pick up my tryhard pants from the dry cleaners for this. :3

13: Slarti: FINALLY. I don't mean to put a lot of emphasis on this but **** YEAH I FINALLY BEAT YOU IN TOURNEY. Two times I lost to you, both times in losers' bracket, and I finally took a stand where it counted. I was honestly worried going into this because of our past history, but all it took was some tenacity and lolsheiking. We had an amazing set, though. All 3 games were intense as hell. I had washed my hands before we started, and I was pouring sweat at the end of the set again. I don't know if you've figured it out yet, but you're basically my rival for this. I really do feel like we're about on equal footing skill-wise again. None of us really ever seems to dominate the other except occasionally barring stupid **** happening. I really do enjoy it, as much as I ***** about Peach, though you do the same about Sheik from time to time, totally warranted. It's a friendly rivalry, and one that I'm totally okay with keeping up. Hopefully any time we meet in tourney, we can get a heart-poundingly great set like that. Good games.

13: Z-Axis: ZACH. I should watch more of you playing. I think you just had a bad bracket, but you sorely underestimate how good you are, in my opinion. I will always enjoy playing Melee with you, no matter what, from the gods of who knows how long ago that we started playing. Always a good time, and hopefully you don't get overly discouraged by anything. This game just lives on in our hearts. It's almost obnoxious how much of a houseguest it's become. Oh well. ALSO B3 WOULD HAVE ***** but screw dubs.

13: S1: I was just lucky because good bracket and you were unlucky because bad bracket. Good to know. **** you from the night before. Hopefully I'll see you at another tournament so I can set things straight. I'm amazingly salty about the night before.

17: J-Bro: Dat Ganon. I was legit worried at first because you came out so strong. I was almost thrown off at how careless I was being, then I just had to slow it down to the Sheik level to work on making it a nightmare for you. You put up a nice fight, though. Good pools match, taught me a handful about how I have to approach Ganon, can't go in recklessly or I eat 100 black punches to the face. xD

17: Battlecow is a ***** (Gio): Dear lord I was worried about this. This was the first time I felt fear the whole tournament. You, what, 3 stocked me game one? I had thrown the towel in at that point. But then I realized that I had a tool at my disposal. The best I could do was start adapting, quickly. It was a Sheik ditto, after all. I'm kind of 150% glad you agreed to no chaingrabs. It would have made things a lot more boring. I think we had an intense set, and the only reason I really think I came out on top was by reading your habits and reacting accordingly. I had to avoid SO many downsmashes that could have ended stocks early. I wasn't going to give it up, though, not after the thrashing you gave me at 64 last time I saw you. :S Good games, though.

17: Sweet: Sweeeeet. Don't be down on yourself. You honestly reminded me of myself from when I was in a major tournament funk. I'd just lose to familiar people and be like "well wtf ever what am I even doing this is dumb dammit Melee" and get discouraged. It's a bad thing, and picking yourself up is the best thing you can do in the situation. You only have room to improve if you don't let yourself get rusty. I'm living proof of it, I thought I wasn't even gonna leave pools. Also good friendlies, hoping to see that Zelda ditto MM soon. Kicksies. :p

17: Freeze: WHO ARE YOU? Wasted 20 MINUTES OF MY TIME trying to find you, assumptively you left after pools and were never seen again. Oh well. Good not games. D:

25: HouseWife: Four stocks off M2K? TAKE IT TO THE BANK. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

31: Dinko: Almost kissing M2K on the cheek? TAKE IT TO THE BANK. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

31: Dokz: Dat Doc. I feel like I kinda cheesed you hard in that Doc ditto. I don't, like, main Doc or anything, I thought it would be fun. Then bair was the dumbest move ever. :S Oh well, ggs.

31: Vanir: Last place, where you belong. :3 I still owe you a money match~

- Brawl

9: Blue: WA WA WA. Gotta go fast. I watched some of your stuff while you played, looked like some intense ****. Not too bad placement wise, but I don't think you were satisfied. Ah well, nothing left to do but improve. <: Also maybe I'll see you more when it comes to anything ever.

41: Tim: #1 smash name ever. Too much deadly.

41: Jiffy: JIFFY. Y U NO MAKE BRACKET? You gotta be good at this game sometime! <: Though I guess getting negative hours of sleep doesn't help. Good stuff.

41: Lokii: Verrry good job running the tournament under the circumstance of time. You looked soooo paniced for a lot of this. I didn't know why until the very very end when you mentioned the extra cost of staying past hours, then it was like "OH GOD KICK IN THE SPEED OVERDRIVE MODE" cleaning up the place. I also took a card 'cause I thought your art looked pretty badass, so I'll take a look over all of that sometime. :3 Good job running the thing, though. Also gg in dodgeball. 10/10 for effort.

49: Hari: Hariiii. I spent, like, 1/3 of my time at this tournament playing friendlies with you. It was actually incredibly refreshing to play Brawl on a level that I could rage at (WTF PIT ARROWS WHY) while still feeling like I wasn't getting completely wrecked. We had so many back and forth matches with everyone, I loved it. I was kinda hanging around you a lot, hope it wasn't bothersome. :p Then all the dodgeball hype, that was great too. I had a rather great time at this, partially because of you. :p Hope to see you again sometime. <3

57: denzi: Of course we bro it up in Yugioh, then I find out you play League? Shiiiiit. Add me up, man. Skysön is my name (c+p it, or alt-0246 for the ö). It was refreshing to talk league with someone for a bit. :D Hopefully I'll see you at more mixed events.

- Other

Boner Killer: Bringing you was the best idea ever. <: Dodgeball swag. That ball was too ****, though, lmao. I had to leave to play matches or I would've watched you finish ****** kids. xD I'll let you know where actual official dodgeball things are, so you can kill all the boners. <: lololololol.

Soft Drinks: for being free. Literally. Instant Pepsi.

Get Low: Too busy getting low and not showing up. I very well would have teamed with you for this. :S

Jailbot: AYYOGURL, WHERE DA ELI AT? Not here. :( Sad times. Oh well, you were here in spirit, as you always are.

Recording Setups: For always being open when I needed one open to play a match. <3 having three.

To anyone else that plays League, add me up. Skysön (alt-0246, or just copy/paste the name)

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
^ Best shoutouts in the entire thread. <3

Sooooooooooo glad we got Mitch to come :p Kids are just mad as **** they dont know your standard dodgeball ruleset. Get to our level xD

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
^ Best shoutouts in the entire thread. <3

Sooooooooooo glad we got Mitch to come :p Kids are just mad as **** they dont know your standard dodgeball ruleset. Get to our level xD
i think you need to reevaluate who was "mad" in that situation...

Skyson

Smash Ace
I don't even get mad when I only get 1 or 2 shoutouts in a thread. x: I love typing.

I figured everyone thought I was mad the whole time because I had a couple random yelling outbursts during my matches. But I had an amazing time and wanted everyone that I played with to know it. '-'

sneakytako

Smash Lord
It's time for...

Eddie G's Panty Soaking Shoutouts

17: Tako :rob: :dedede: - Tako, I wouldn't recommend being disappointed in the loss against :metaknight:, remember it did come down to the very last hit bro. Besides...it seemed like you had fun, so don't let a character's presence influence your attendance at these great events. I respect that you want to find a counter, but part of that will be testing out said potential counters against MK in a tournament setting.
My loss to you was disillusioning because you don't know that MU, but what was way worse was my set against thugz. His MK actually knew how to use tornado effectively in that MU. Although his general antics where super predictable, I couldn't close because I knew that MK had options to put me in a way worse spot, even if Thugz wasn't able to pull those options off. After years of playing aginst Kel, I'm just conditioned not to punish/approach with things that can be countered on reaction, which really limits my options. I ended up winning the set, but I totally didn't deserve to win. I'm tired of playing a game where whether I win or lose depends solely on my oppenents skill/knowledge; I want to play a character that doesn't rely on people running into my moves.

Don't worry, I'm making some progress.

Also ralph, you and I being 2nd seeds apparently doesn't prevent us from playing first round.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
FIRST AND FOREMOST LOKII YOU ARE THE BEES KNEES FOR HOSTING THIS. GOOD STUFF AND THANKS.

Mew2king- didnt play you or interact with you but youre pretty good i guess

VaNz- now you are really good i was really hoping for an upset

Juggleguy- really happy you put aside time to do friendlies with little old me. you and your falcon are legit as ever.

Nakamaru- you pretty much destroyed me game 2 was a fluke and your falco ***** me.

SilentSwag- you played really gay against me but you were also spot on and i have nothing against you. 2nd most legit in pittsburgh IMO

Taki- youre actually really ugly and you rely on cheap characters to win. please stop coming to ohio from now on.

Carroll- powershielding is gay :p you beat me fair and square, thats all there is to it.

Green Ranger- didn't play you but you're very legit. watching you beat skyson was admittedly awesome.

Skyson- you played brawl but got me some girls so you're pretty ok in my books :)

Ralis- didn't play you but i noticed you never got falcon punched the entire tournament. thats legit.

Dempt- didn't play you but you did pretty good. salty you didn't win dubs GF probably the only time i hate when you SD. you are legit.

Slarti- shoutouts to your girlfriend for offering me 10 bucks and teaching a little kid melee. you certainly chose right.

Z-Axis- it seemed like your spirit was down and thats why you lost to me. you still are incredibly fun to play against and you are a good nature fellow :) don't be discouraged.

S1- ya tyrant. too bad you didn't make it further in bracket.

Gunpunch- you are a peach building. your samus is really good and i win through complete jank and i am not sorry in the least bit about it

J-Bro- you were the gannnondorf right? good friendlies

Gio- you were suprisingly good. ya almost beat me, but you played like a brawl player who just switched to melee. which was true in your case.

Sweet- you improved a lot. im starting to doubt if cle can keep up with you. if you stop getting mad at yourself you'll play much better trust me. max has the same problem. thanks for the car ride

DEES- thanks for the ride to this tourney. you and your brother (?) are funny as hell. you also played really on point this tourney. i was hoping max would beat you in pools but once i saw you play i was like darn. good stuff.

Joe Paturnip- your name is brandon.

Blue Rogue- your ness is quite based. too bad im falco lol

Vanir- salty you didn't beat blue rogue. you played really well up until that midpoint. ah well. thanks for coming with me n all. you also owe me a soda

M.A.D.D.- truly a homie. please attend future tournies with us :D the only based person here.

CLEVELAND WISH YOU WERE HERE I MISSED YOU

Top Bottom