• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RAGE - Results and shoutout thread!! THANK YOU BASED CARROLL!!

SwordofStorms

Smash Rookie
Lmfao Kee's Post: "17. Kee - Will you marry me?" That is the highlight of the entire Shoutout post hah.

also, Shoutouts to all the people I friendlied for the awesome matches. As well as shoutouts to the great players in my pools ( JTsm, AlphaZealot, Ralph Cecil, Soul Pech, etc.)

JTsm: That was no fluke, I may have died in an unorthodox fasion, but nonetheless It was my own doing. You won fair and square, and for that I respect you man. You have been nothing but a great player and an encouraging person as well. I definately wish to friendly you more in the future.

Zinoto: I have to Thank you AGAIN, because without the tips for my playstyle and help with MU's I would have never have had the confidence to do play as smart as I did despite my poor placement. You are an inspiration, just to letcha know!

AlphaZealot: I loved the matches, and I hope you can still give me a little feedback on the second match, because I know that I couldn't get in the right mindset for the Diddy Mirror MU. You are a great player and a nice person.

M2K: .... lol That was discouraging except for the fact that I did steal some stocks off you in doubles and like 1 stock in our fake matches during pools. You are a great player and I just hope I can figure out how to react so quickly and efficiently just like you have been doing for years.

I just want to let everyone know that for my first tourney, all you guys made it a memorable one that I will take to heart, for better or worse.

Thank you MI players for representing as well as you did!

also, Kee and BS: You guys need to take me with you next time ;) I am so greatful to have been able to practice with you guys, because the competitive spirit of our matches has really changed the way I have thought about the game. I can safely say that without you guys I would have never have gotten as far as a "Tourney". You guys are a beacon of hope that isnt dying out. Thank you guys for being my "Sparring partners" as well as friends. :)

GunPunch

Smash Apprentice
Gunpunch - Totally ignored me when I tried to talk to you. Totally cool though, next time I'm going to get up in your face and MM that Samus. Real talk. :p
yo, sry bout that. i'm ready for that MM! i'll be at FC, better solo train up that samus too, no more missing super wavedashes, lol.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
July 21st, 2012 - Rage (New Olmsted, Ohio)
Rage Losers Round 5
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Battlefield
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Smashville
Game 3: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Kel (Marth): Smashville

Rage Losers Round 4
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Gio (Meta Knight): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Gio (Meta Knight): Battlefield

Rage Winners Round 3
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Ally (Fox): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Ally (Fox): Final Destination

Rage Winners Round 2
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs KB (Peach): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs KB (Meta Knight): Battlefield
Game 3: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs KB (Meta Knight): Pokemon Stadium

Rage Winners Round 1
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Carls (Fox): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Carls (Fox): Frigate Orpheon

$2 Money Match
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Zinoto (Diddy Kong): Final Destination
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Zinoto (Diddy Kong): Final Destination

Rage Pools
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Mew2King (Meta Knight): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Mew2King (Meta Knight): Final Destination

Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs JTSM (Snake): Yoshi's Island
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs JTSM (Snake): Pokemon Stadium

Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Ralph Cecil (Snake): Battlefield
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Ralph Cecil (Snake): Smashville

Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Soulpech (Jigglypuff): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Soulpech (Jigglypuff): Battleship Halberd

Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs SOS (Diddy Kong): Final Destination
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs SOS (Diddy Kong): Battleship Halberd

Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Jiffy (Ness): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) vs Jiffy (Ness): Delphino Plaza

Rage Doubles Winners Round 3
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy) & KB (Peach) vs Mew2King (MK) & WTP (D3): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy) & KB (Peach) vs Mew2King (MK) & WTP (D3): Final Destination

Rage Doubles Losers Round 4
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy) & KB (MK) vs King (MK) & MX (Yoshi): Smashville
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Donkey) & KB (MK) vs King (MK) & MX (Yoshi): Final Destination
Game 3: AlphaZealot (Diddy) & KB (MK) vs King (MK) & MX (Yoshi): Final Destination

Rage Doubles Losers Round 5
Game 1: AlphaZealot (Diddy) & KB (MK) vs Zinoto (Diddy) & Clowsui (Falco): Final Destination
Game 2: AlphaZealot (Diddy) & KB (MK) vs Zinoto (Diddy) & Clowsui (Falco): Smashville

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
S1 - I really hate your Fox. It moves too much. Didn't see you coming at all when the Ashtabula baby boom happened, but I'm glad it did.

DEES - I saw you multiple times but we never played. The hell Marco? Quit camping in the Men's room with Short Jerk Double Fap and come out and play.
These 2 things.... so good

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Late shoutouts:

2: M2K - Do you know when the Chipotle in Westlake closes? And opens?
3: Zinoto - For sure man! I'll be at Chi's next event, so we'll have to play then haha.
4: Shugo - Nice seein' ya dude. We should play next time!
5: Lain - GGs in dubs and looking like Kpop guy!
5: Kel - N!
7: AlphaZealot - Always a pleasure man. Good work here!
9: KB - Same to you. I made poor decisions which influenced my placing, so expect better next time. :p We should definitely MM next time too.
9: Gio - We had a good set, but you wrecked me harder than I've ever been in tourney game 3 rofl. I'll never go MK against you again. XD It was a mistake to swap hahaha.
13: Mister Eric - Best chipotle ever beepo.
13: Ralph_Cecil - You shoulda found me! I'm not one to ask for friendlies typically haha.
17: Tako - How'd you get 17th instead of 1st? You must've taken some kinda crazy detour.
17: MX - Nice seeing you as always man. GGs in doubles!
17: M@V - We had a good set. I'm surprised you didn't use Fox or Falco!
17: Fishy - GGs in pools! Your ROB really caught me off guard haha.
25: BulletSquall - You too man. Your Snake is extremely impressive for only having a handful of tournaments under your belt. Keep it up!
25: Tech_Chase - I'm glad I could relieve some of that salt haha. Bad MK dittos too gooood!
--pools cut off--
33: Blimp - Fun set in pools!
33: Clowsui - You need to relax and just play dude. You're getting yourself too worked up and it psyches you out.
33: SoulPech - Definitely haha. I don't think I'll ever play her seriously in doubles with MK around, but I'll let you know!
33: JCav - Nice meeting you too man. I'm sad we didn't get to play too! After singles I kinda just drifted around because I had a headache. >_< We'll play for sure next time!
41: FFOri_Bro - Thanks! XD I take pride in her. Lol. Fun friendlies though man! Gave me some good Oli practice. :D
41: Kiest - Nice seeing you as always Keister. Find a new venue!!!! Also, I really appreciate you looking for some medicine for me as well.
41: Lokii - Great tournament! Cincy will definitely show up again after this!
41: Links - Did you ever get that Starburst? XD
57: Auspher - Nice seeing you as always Austin.
57: Juu - What happened? D: Just play Jiggs next time. That solves all issues.

I had a great time at this tournament. I'll definitely be around for the next!

i've been a part of both scenes

real talk:

brawl players in general are more annoying but the annoying melee players are INSANELY annoying

if that makes sense :yeahboi:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
this just in: brawl players are socially awkward
Comments like this are dumb. I've been a part of both communities and both are pretty similar. Though I must say the only thing that's changed about the Melee crowd (in general) is that a lot of them have begun to adopt a poor man's version of FGC salt for whatever reason.

And Ally's kind of right about that annoyance factor. I noticed some Melee players making wise cracks at the other game for no reason whatsoever, yet still bothered to enter. It's kind of why I'm not a big fan of hybrid tournaments anymore, people can't just shut the **** up, play their game, and have a good time lol.

Edit: ninja'd by Gio.

jbro

Smash Ace
it was a joke about how neither of them wanted to approach the other for friendlies.
don't turn this into a melee vs. brawl argument.
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS, GUYS.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Pittsburgh Melee wll be forever my n*ggas.

EDIT: Every community is annoying in some facet and thinks they're better than everyone anyway. Even in a serious argument there would be no validity lol

EDIT2: Battlecow sucks.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Smashers are awkward in general not just brawlers
brawlers just tend to be less experienced socially (haven't been in the community as long etc) but def not exclusive to brawlers

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
As a top level player in both games I'll tell you that awkwardness is a person thing not a game thing. Not a problem Us Pittsburgh folk have though
It's true.
Pittsburgh is really social and nice.

I said I was moving there and I don't play much melee, but they took me in and invited me to stuff c: Lovely people <3

NEOH scene was the same way when I first started playing Brawl. They still are nice, just very busy nowadays since we are all either in college or working our butts off xD

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
So I went to St. Clarence today to pick up the security deposit and give them the check for venue...

Thanks for being awesome everyone. They had no complaints (minus the priest who was nagging at us about moving the tables.....lady in charge of the venue called him a wimp and explained that we were gonna put everything back the way it was). They are more than willing to allow us to host tournaments again.
Thanks for respecting the venue and respecting everyone there!!! Guys and gals, I am so proud of all of you ; u ;

THuGz

Smash Lord
Good thing no one heard the multiple Bible jokes I made... muahaha

Shoutouts:
Gio and Marco - Ily
Ally - ILY
Zinoto - nice job, ily
Lokii - thanks for hosting, you're cool
Everyone else - money match?

Top Bottom