• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain Results! (1/27)

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Excellent tourney, well-run by TO and assistant TOs, Drephen's a ****ing mind reader, and the brawl side of the room smelled more than the melee side.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kiest said:
Overswarm: Thank you for being a great sport and I really hate DQing people who didn't do anything wrong, especially my friends. You will get free entry (or $10 off your total entry) at my next event if you are able to come up again.
Woot! Free Project M.

:B

But it's all good. I would ahve just made it to bracket and gone like 1-2 or something at best. I just wanted to play Brawl for kicks ^_^

LOE1

Smash Lord
fun tourney. i had so many close sets here, with everyone(except mx, he ***** me :|)

shoutouts laterr

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Just went ahead and filled in what I knew 100% for those who made it out of pools for Melee.

1. Drephen (21.00) :sheikmelee:
2. HankyPanky (6.00) :peachmelee:
3. Fizzle (3.00) :sheikmelee:
4. Captain Cleveland :falconmelee:
5. Paradigm :samusmelee:
5. Dempt :marthmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :sheikmelee:
7. Overswarm :foxmelee: :marthmelee:
7. Gunpunch :samusmelee:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Thanks Dempt. I know nothing about the Melee scene, so any help is appreciate it ^^

Fizzle lost all respect...not using puff T_T

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Brawl Singles
($41 taken out for circuit, payouts rounded up to next dollar)
1: Axis ($177.00)
2: VIIS ($82.00)
Who the **** is VIIS?

Though it's nice to see the top 2 spots being taken up by people who have clearly never been to a tourney before.

JTsm

Smash Master
Things to consider:

-Better Seeding: Shugo, Meek, Zino and V115 on one side and only Ally and P1 on the other side...
-Better Ruleset: LGL, Stagelist. No LGL caused Ally to go into Losers and ruined the Loser's part of the bracket. Plus I heard Suyon was being a **** by having like 90 LG's one game.
-MORE SETUPS. This is very key to run things smoothly. You need to overemphasize this before tourney to make sure there are setups. Being repetitive maybe annoying, but having that reminder out there is never bad.

Luigiplayer - UpB.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
I also used :gw: and :wolf:

SHOUTOUTS

1: Axis ($177.00) :olimar: :snake: I joked with my friends that you'd probably wind up in my pool, and I was right, hah. I was afraid I was going to get double 3 stocked after watching you against NR20's Yoshi, but I somehow took it to last stock both games, and last hit on game 2. Really wish I'd have taken at least game 2 off of you :( Good **** none the less.
2: VIIS ($82.00) :zerosuitsamus: lol @ me not knowing the ZSS free 80% on wolf
7: Carls :fox: :kirby2: :sonic: Had fun playing friendlies, kinda unfortunate we wound up in the same pool in retrospect to that fact lol. Really wish I hadn't gone Olimar game 1. Sorry I had to be a jerk and take you to Rainbow Cruise, haha, but good job shutting me out last stock game 3.
9: ShadowPhoenix :falco: :snake: Had fun in friendlies, good to see you.
13: Mister Eric :rob: Stop being so ****ing hilarious, haha. Better see you at more tournaments
13: SoulPech :jigglypuff: :wario: Why did you have to send Roller to losers? :(
17: Clowsui :marth: Good games in our pool, and thanks for the tips. I'll probably wind out dropping Olimar, as he really goes against my playstyle. (No grab armor + hard to get the other player out once they get in.)
25: Lou :gw: I thought your name was Blue lol. I need my ears checked. Good to see a fellow Gdubs main, I still am not exactly sure how to counter one despite me maining him, hah.
25: Past :olimar: Quit trying to play week old A tier characters in tourney dumbo.
25: Luminoth :wolf: Had a fun one or two friendlies. I guess I lied when you asked if I mained Wolf, as I'll probably wind up maining him next to Gdubs. :p
33: Nicolobe :yoshi2: I'm guessing you're NR20. Was this your first tournament? I hope you show up next month!
33: AlfaStryke :diddy: Enjoyed friendlies with you. You just started the competitive scene within the last week? If so, good ****! You're no scrub, just keep up the practice!
41: TheKiest :dedede: Thanks for the tournament

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I was going to do my stereotypical "this was a MK banned tournament and here are random character diversity statistics based on results"

But that wouldn't even be fair here lol

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Buckeye Donuts and Donato's for having godlike food, and another to Donato's for the awesome venue.
Shoutouts to SoulPech for giving the Ontario players their much-needed ride back to catch our bus. Gracias senor.
Shoutouts to Clowsui for giving us a ride to Nicalobe's/Buckeye Donuts, and to Nicalobe for allowing us to chill at his place before the venue opened.
Shoutouts to Cameron (Cam)'s Falcon + other chars for being hype as ****

The lack of an LGL was terrible and it was something I pointed out in the thread quite a while ago :\

I don't usually like to complain about **** but the bracket was put together pretty badly, from what it seems. In dubs my team (me + Meek) was initially supposed to face Zinoto + Ori Bro round 1, and it would have happened if Clowsui didn't interject.
In singles bracket, my first match (after my bye) was initially supposed to be between Carls and Xatic even though Xatic was in my pool ._.
I pointed this out so I was switched with Meek, but it turned out we were on the same side of the bracket and would have faced each other round 4 regardless, assuming we made it to winners' r4.
Also (as somebody pointed out already) 1 side of the bracket had myself, Meek, Shugo, Zinoto and LOE1 whereas the other had Axis and P1.

Still had fun, was a good tourney and I enjoyed meeting all these new faces, and I still want to thank all the hosts/assistants that helped make this event what it was, but there are things you guys need to fix for the following Rains.

Also, completely off-topic,I'm not sure but I think the stream corner only got that weird ****ty smell when somebody took a **** in the nearby bathroom and flushed. It happened right after I took a **** and then it happened again when Ralph Cecil took a ****. lul. Maybe there's a plumbing problem or something

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Also, completely off-topic,I'm not sure but I think the stream corner only got that weird ****ty smell when somebody took a **** in the nearby bathroom and flushed. It happened right after I took a **** and then it happened again when Ralph Cecil took a ****. lul. Maybe there's a plumbing problem or something
i literally can't stop laughing

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Sohutuhos

1: Axis ($177.00) - good job new kid
2: VIIS ($82.00) - had fun in weiners bracket of dubz
3: Player-1 ($52.00) - nice meeting you, unfortunately I didn't get to play you @ all :(
4: Zinoto ($30.00) - ty for helping me w/ diddy matchup
5: LOE1 ($15.00) - wtf
5: Shugo ($15.00) - sorry for playing super gay, but to be fair I use a ****ty character (that you used to main) in a -2 matchup. ggs always a pleasure seeing you
7: Carls - ggs in bracket, idk why you went kirby loool
7: MeekSpeeky - am I that talkative? meedspeeky imo
9: Ori - u suk
9: MX - we didn't get to play :(
9: Eddie G - yooooooo it was good seeing u again
13: Suyon - is it true you want to kill L_Cancel?
13: Mister Eric - beepbeep
13: SoulPech - ty for ride, oh great jester of the ****slaps
13: Roller - yoooooooOOoOooOooOOoOooOoo0o0ooo
17: Fish - pretty sure it's spelt with a c. Good stuff coming out with us, hopefully you come out more and don't take this 1st impression sourly.
17: Xatic - BAO BAOBAO BAOBAO BAOBAO BAOBAO BAOBAO UUUUURRRRRRRRRHHHHHHRHHHHH
17: Clowsui - ty so much for picking us up, helped out alot.
17: PapaZ - ggs in pools, good stuff dude
17: WuVs - wubwubububububbubububbbzzzzz
17: WTP - yoooooooo you're def one of my favorite MI smashers, but all the MI smashers are one of my favorite MI smashers, so it doesn't hold any merit.
17: RalphCecil - I wanted my runback :(
17: Stewyian - lol **** ice grimers
25: Tako - a gay guy goes into taco bell, and he orders hard shelled
25: Lou - ggs in pools / doubles, I think u should've made it out of pools
25: Past - futuristic
25: PidgeZero - weiners
25: Beegs - ggs in PM(?)
25: KSEV - fun friendlies, lolsanic
25: Luminoth - ggs in PM
33: BeanBurrito - look @ Takos shoutout
33: Cam - hype falcon dittos, hype player overall. it was good to finally meet u
33: Nicolobe - ty for letting us stay over for a few hours, it helped out alot, can't thank you enough <3
33: AlfaStryke - master yi?
33: FalconFist - ggs in PM
33: Sleep - awake
41: TheKiest/other TOs - (Take this more as constructive criticism and feedback then anything) I'm gonna cut you guys some slack since you had an extremely low amount of setups and still managed to make it out by 1AM, and it was your 1st tournament of the series, but you could've taken an extra 10 minutes to call someone over to even just look at how the bracket was seeded, not just for singles but doubles as well. V115 and myself were going to play Ori and Zinoto round 1??? Everyone in the venue that played Brawl started complaining. Thank god you guys switched it, but you should be able to catch things like that before calling out the bracket. Singles bracket was a trainwreck for seeding, and you need to look at the bracket yourself and think if it's balanced and if people from the same region could end up playing eachother and do everything you can to prevent that from happening. Call over other trusted people who know who's who and let them know who got what seed, etc. to help you seed the bracket if you don't know much about the players. Back to the lack of setups, it was really frustrating to not be able to play as many friendlies as I had liked to, I understand and commend you guys for pushing people off of setups and keeping tourney sets going, but you should try to dedicate some setups for friendlies-only. And for the love of god, please use a better ruleset.

Fun time overall, enjoyed seeing my MI buddies.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Criticism is duly noted.

I was the one who was in charge of the doubles bracket and when I had formed it, I had actually initially done quite a few revisions (a lot of OH was playing OH and etc) and I had Clow come over and check it the first time. You and Speedy vs Zinoto and Ori had slipped our collective attentions initially. I'm glad Clowsui caught it and came to correct me. Much appreciated.

Singles bracket was a bit of a rushed job as we (after the inital time sink) had just barely hit the point where we could feasibly run a double-elim bracket and expect to get out on time. A lot of this is mitigated by a better conservation of time, which is just about entirely my fault on that note. This is pretty atypical for tournaments that I am a part of or have a hand in, for as much as my word may be worth.

I am extremely glad that we didn't ruin someone's tournament experience (too much...) even with these setbacks and errors that happened.

General shoutouts:
Lou: Thanks for the help/constantly seeking if we would need help.
Clowsui/Beegs/KB/Pech and anyone else: Thank you.
Ralph Cecil: It was a pleasure teaming with you. If you ever want to team with me in the future at events, I would be more than willing to. In fact, I would much rather enter teams with you than doing singles at any event. (I hate singles, lol).
Keist: We talked a lot about the event both later during it and afterwards, so there's not much more for me to say here. Thanks.
Player-1: Rainbow Cruise-Only tournaments should really be a thing. They're hilarious fun *after you ban GnW/MK*.

Teams, Melee, Project M, more attendee shoutouts to come later.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Bracket was my fault

I was moving seeds around and I was pressured to start ASAP cuz we were running so late.

Unfortunately, I forgot two things:
1. Ally for all intents and purposes is MI
2. There were less than 48 people at the event. How could it even be a 48 man bracket?

So those three things led to one of the worst brackets ever. Sorry to all =(

JTsm

Smash Master
I was going to do my stereotypical "this was a MK banned tournament and here are random character diversity statistics based on results"

But that wouldn't even be fair here lol
And how does preference in variety of characters support a logical basis for a ban?

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
where are stream vids?

also GGs to all, was nice coming out to MW again, may return for next one =)

(also i used :ness2: :kirby2: :peach: :jigglypuff: in brawl)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@V115: I have let the managers know about that smell. It will help knowing that it could be a plumbing issue. (Will be able to test your theory on Weds).

DeLux

And how does preference in variety of characters support a logical basis for a ban?
Let's try that it is evidence to show that an increase in diversity of viable options is directly correlated to the removal of a strictly dominant strategy.

Realistically it's not about a preference of diversity. It's about strictly dominant strategies and the ramifications they have on game theory which has ramifications on the viability of a true metagame

DeLux

I heard Axis was teaming with Ensis at Armageddon :p

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:
LOE1 - Fun games in pools. Your Wario is way too good.
Carls - Unfortunately we didn't get to play :/
MeekSpeeky - Fun set, first time playing Sonic.
Ori - I really need a character for Icies. But regardless, Ggs :)
MX - Ggs, sorry about that absurd amount of luck game 1.
ShadowPhoenix - You're getting better. Just keep it up.
Eddie G - Unfortunate that we didn't get to play.
Mister Eric - Thanks for the ride! When you come to Lexington, I need to take you somewhere.
SoulPech - Ggs. Sorry about Snake :/
Clowsui - Unfortunate that we didn't get to play.
WTP - Ggs. Always great to see MI :)
RalphCecil - Ralph, you're way too good to be placing down here :/
Tako - Fun half of a friendly, always great to see you.
Past - Fun friendlies
Beegs - Ggs. A little longer, and you'll be back on top of the metagame.
Luminoth - Great seeing you
FalconFist - Ggs.
TheKiest - Thanks for running this, had fun! Will try to be at the next one. :)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
1: Axis ($177.00) GGs in winners lol and thanks for the advice. :D Wish I could've played your Snake some though. D:
2: VIIS ($82.00) Good job on 2nd. :D Wish I could've gotten to play some friendlies or something. D:
3: Player-1 ($52.00) GGs in doubles lol.
4: Zinoto ($30.00) GGs in pools. I really wish I could've pulled through game 2. D: Thanks for the advice though. I knew I played scared and defensive, but for some reason hearing it from you made it click a bit more in my head about what you meant. ^_^ I'll try to fix that. D:
5: LOE1 ($15.00) Good job on 5th. :D We need to play friendlies or something at the next tournament we are at. D: Also I'm trying to pick up Wario, so maybe you could help me with that too. :D
5: Shugo ($15.00) I've been playing for almost 3 years now and still haven't gotten a chance to play you lol. Hopefully we can play friendlies or meet in bracket or something the next chance we get. :p
7: Carls Ran into Eric again I see loool. We should possibly play more friendlies at tournaments. :o
7: MeekSpeeky Didn't really get a chance to see you play much or play any friendlies, but I did see the end of that time out loool.
9: Ori Still have yet to play offline at a tournament lol.
9: MX Good job on first seed. :D We should play friendlies more. :o I don't really get to play against you much in bracket lol.
9: ShadowPhoenix Didn't expect you to make it lol. Still glad to see you show up and thanks for letting me play something not Snake in friendlies lol.
9: Eddie G We should've played some friendlies or something at this. D:
13: Suyon GGs in pools lol. I got so sad about that dsmash. Good job on taking advantage of it though lol.
13: Mister Eric Almost thought you weren't going to make it after I heard you weren't riding with us. D:
13: SoulPech Good job on beating Roller. :D Best Jiggs.
13: Roller GGs in losers. :D Need to stop messing up, but now I know how much that means I guess lol.
17: Xatic GGs in doulbes. That was such a scary set. D:
17: Clowsui GGs in doubles. I forgot to ask for your help when I had to play people noooo. D:
17: PapaZ Good job on 2nd seed. :D We should've tried to get some friendlies in or something.
17: WuVs GGs in Winner's. You are so tricky with slopes lol.
17: WTP GGs in doubles. I got way too lucky game 3. D:
17: RalphCecil Work on stuff. D:
17: Stewyian You killed the dream. D: I was so hype to see a Ganon do well. Good job though lol. :D

-- Pools Cut Offs --
25: Tako Surprised you didn't make it out of pools. o-o
25: Lou GGs in doubles. I got way too lucky with that C4 game 3.
25: Past Thanks for the ride. :D You were also doing well in the friendlies I saw. :o
25: Ketos GGs in pools. Sorry if I didn't give great advice. I was way too salty. D:
25: KSEV GGs in doubles. I adapted to the do nothing, but shield thing too slowly lol.
25: Luminoth We should've played some friendlies. D: Also really surprised you didn't make it out of pools. o_o Nvm I just saw your post about leaving early. I thought that was it.
33: Cam So hyped to see a Falcon/Ganon/DK do well. :D
33: DrillBitSammy GGs in pools. I got really lucky with some of those grabs. o-o Also I was sure we were about to go to a game 3 lol.
33: FalconFist I didn't know you mained Falcon lol. At least that's what I saw for the most part. o-o
41: TheKiest Thanks for hosting the tournament. :D Hate that I missed the Mystery and Secret event even though I still don't know what they were. o-o

Shoutouts to MI not liking how Ralph Cecil isn't my actual name.
Shoutouts to C4 <3333333 Making sets closer than they would've been otherwise and saving me in doubles.
Shoutouts to Juu Doubles was really fun lol. Wish we had more chances to try the Omnigay in dubs. D: Still don't really know how to space myself for that. Also GGs in P:M :D
Shoutouts to Overswarm Didn't even think about how you would know the Sheik/Marth mu. D: GGs in P:M though. Was really nervous about having to play you in pools. D:

Also i'm sad that I still ended up getting the same place I would have if I would've went 0-2 in bracket. D:

Can't think of anything else right now. D:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
@V115: I have let the managers know about that smell. It will help knowing that it could be a plumbing issue. (Will be able to test your theory on Weds).
...You mean...
...like...
poop?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh yeah
Sorry if I smelled bad. I travelled overnight (ie no housing) so I hadn't showered since like Friday at 1 pm, and I forgot my deodorant. Not usually like this I swear XD

SoulPech

Smash Master
I smelled funky too. 3 ppl (you know who you are -_-) love to take 20 minute showers, so when everyone got done I had to leave

Thanks Juu.

Top Bottom