• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rain Results! (1/27)

JTsm

Smash Master
Let's try that it is evidence to show that an increase in diversity of viable options is directly correlated to the removal of a strictly dominant strategy.

Realistically it's not about a preference of diversity. It's about strictly dominant strategies and the ramifications they have on game theory which has ramifications on the viability of a true metagame
Realistically, it doesn't matter. It's your preference to play in a certain metagame or not. Dominant strategies do not always work with results of the past. Apex is a defining example of it. MK may have been shown up a lot more often than other characters, but he doesn't destroy the metagame. If banning MK is so great, I wonder why it's not so popular. Even Xyro is giving up on it to have more people come to his next national. In the end, it just a preference, whether you think banning mk is logical or not.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Realistically, it doesn't matter. It's your preference to play in a certain metagame or not.
Then why are you asking for a logical basis, and when I give you one of many it "doesn't matter"?

Dominant strategies do not always work with results of the past. Apex is a defining example of it. MK may have been shown up a lot more often than other characters, but he doesn't destroy the metagame.
That's debatable. But if you want something more concrete to accurately sum the point: "An MK Banned Rulesset metagame is more competitive than an MK Legal Rulesset metagame when defining and measuring competitive across nearly every applicable academic discipline." Obviously you can have an MK legal tournament out of preference to whatever you want. But people have been known to have weird or self destructive preferences in the past

If banning MK is so great, I wonder why it's not so popular. Even Xyro is giving up on it to have more people come to his next national. In the end, it just a preference, whether you think banning mk is logical or not.
Prisoner's Dilemma. It's actually pretty easy to explain from a game theory standpoint

If you want to talk more I can go into it on skype or in PM since nobody likes reading this stuff anyways

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
"If (MvC2/CVS2) are so great, I wonder why it's not so popular. Even (Yipes/etc) is giving up on it to have more people come to his next national. In the end, it just a preference, whether you think (UMvC3/SFIV is a **** game) or not."
Yay, madlibs!

Also, for all Project M players... please let me know what you thought about the stage list/bans distinction. As I try to continue to host events for this game, I would like to know what you guys like/don't like about stages and stuff. There were some personal things that came into my own stagelist (I hate Metal Cavern, I think Green Hill Zone is basically a smaller FD with closer blastzones, etc) and since there were so many stages, I felt like 3 bans was the sweetspot for it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Realistically, it doesn't matter. It's your preference to play in a certain metagame or not. Dominant strategies do not always work with results of the past. Apex is a defining example of it. MK may have been shown up a lot more often than other characters, but he doesn't destroy the metagame. If banning MK is so great, I wonder why it's not so popular. Even Xyro is giving up on it to have more people come to his next national. In the end, it just a preference, whether you think banning mk is logical or not.
What? You're using APEX as an example?

It went ZSS, MK, MK, MK if I recall correctly, and if I recall correctly only one Meta Knight didn't get knocked out of winners or losers by at least one other Meta Knight.

It's like people can't look past their noses.

It also isn't a preference. It's about making it a better game. People prefer all sorts of stupid things. Some people wanted to play on Dreamland, Final Destination, and Battlefield only in Melee and were confused as to why that being good for only certain characters mattered.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Ah, this tourney was super fun and I'll do shoutouts after I take a 24 hour nap.
Also, all the videos will be upload here within the next week, so just be patience and I shall have that done. It will have its own video thread post that will be spammed in this thread every so often~

Also, I refuse to have Kirby by my name in the results (if Keist does decide to do that) because I only use him once throughout the tourney and he disgraced me >_____________>;

I smelled funky too. 3 ppl (you know who you are -_-) love to take 20 minute showers, so when everyone got done I had to leave
I'M SORRY I LIKE TO CARE OF MYSELF!
Also, it's not my fault you guys woke me up an hour before we were suppose to leave. Learn to wake a dead person up better.
#PlayDreamerLouder.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Ah, this tourney was super fun and I'll do shoutouts after I take a 24 hour nap.
Also, all the videos will be upload here within the next week, so just be patience and I shall have that done. It will have its own video thread post that will be spammed in this thread every so often~

Also, I refuse to have Kirby by my name in the results (if Keist does decide to do that) because I only use him once throughout the tourney and he disgraced me >_____________>;

:jigglypuff:
:denzel:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
^ From that reply, I learned that I need to get food poisoning, eat your horrible bacon, and then I can 2-0 you.
Note taken :yeahboi:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Another results thread transferred into a "MK ban/legal" debate.

#got'em
let's talk less about the MK ban and more about how quad-jiggs matches are hype as ****

LOE1

Smash Lord
ive heard everything there is to hear. BRING IT ON. i already know im bad :|

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Also more setups next time. Kinda lame with only 7 setups at most, minus the stream. I'll definitely be bringing a full setup next month.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
ally vs p1 why no drop grenades so they hit the up b?

were any of the other "problem" matches recorded? I want to see how the problem could have been dealt with, so far ally never tried to challenge p1's up bs keist and ori were talking about it all LF you guys let him get away with it too much

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so i read this results thread and

1. axis ***** WTF WHO IS THIS GUY? he sounds ridiculous wow he got good really fast AND he's amazing at project m too. and i heard he was teaming with Ensis at armageddon? ****in broken ****, they should stop worryin about banning double meatknight and start worrying about banning Axis + Ensis. talk about overcentralized

2. was reading the shoutouts and it looks like ohio smashers know how to john about anything! read at least 3 shoutouts johning about why they smelled bad. cmon guys no johns, especially not for how bad u smell. u can stink all u want in the game but dear god venues are bad enough without extra stink.

3. phil (DELUX) you disappoint me. two years ago you were anti-MK knight ban and now ur posting in random results threads that u didn't even attend to push ur meat ban agenda liek ur some washed up texas TO that only knows how to play samus and lose? step it up or at least join the REAL brigade and rally to ban all of ICs, MK, and Olimar to really fix the problems w/ brawl's character balance.

4. does anyone know AXIS's twitter? i need to follow him with all 4 of my twitter accounts.

5. WHAT HAPPENED TO HANKY PANKY? :[ you'll get him next time

EDIT:
Axis used Diddy, ICS, Marth too.
hey you seem to know a lot about this axis guy, do you know where i can contact him???

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
so i read this results thread and

1. axis ***** WTF WHO IS THIS GUY? he sounds ridiculous wow he got good really fast AND he's amazing at project m too. and i heard he was teaming with Ensis at armageddon? ****in broken ****, they should stop worryin about banning double meatknight and start worrying about banning Axis + Ensis. talk about overcentralized

2. was reading the shoutouts and it looks like ohio smashers know how to john about anything! read at least 3 shoutouts johning about why they smelled bad. cmon guys no johns, especially not for how bad u smell. u can stink all u want in the game but dear god venues are bad enough without extra stink.

3. phil (DELUX) you disappoint me. two years ago you were anti-MK knight ban and now ur posting in random results threads that u didn't even attend to push ur meat ban agenda liek ur some washed up texas TO that only knows how to play samus and lose? step it up or at least join the REAL brigade and rally to ban all of ICs, MK, and Olimar to really fix the problems w/ brawl's character balance.

4. does anyone know AXIS's twitter? i need to follow him with all 4 of my twitter accounts.

5. WHAT HAPPENED TO HANKY PANKY? :[ you'll get him next time

EDIT:

hey you seem to know a lot about this axis guy, do you know where i can contact him???
Ummm no Xatic send me a message about it. no clue ;l

Zinoto

Smash Lord
ally vs p1 why no drop grenades so they hit the up b?

were any of the other "problem" matches recorded? I want to see how the problem could have been dealt with, so far ally never tried to challenge p1's up bs keist and ori were talking about it all LF you guys let him get away with it too much
Plz stop. He tried a lot of things and took like 60-70% when he messed up. Snake can't do much against planking unless he goes on the ledge and tries something risky. Grenade dropping can be countered by simply stalling the up b. If anything were as simple as "any character can get around _____, by simply ____" then why don't you show us :glare:.

Top Bottom