• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS ARE UP!!!---XIF Is Fat (XIF3) Third Clash! A SEFL Event (Nov. 24)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I actually placed!...14 person tournament...BUT I PLACED! Anyways...

Shoutouts:
Chops: 1st, again...Do I STILL have to congradulate you?
XIF: Come back down from Georgia, and still take second. Good set with you man...Next time, I will win.
ESAM: Keep winning money for dinner little brother!
Seibrik: I placed higher than you?!
Rexx: You didn't show up...Good ish.
Zack Soup: You beat me for my girlfriend, and then I ended up taking 4th anyway...Nice ICs.
Gangsta: Good job knocking Seibrik out of winners.
Chris: Work on that Link son! Get better with tech skillz!
DooDah: Please don't break anymore controllers...And don't go Falcon against me anymore. :-P
Jeff: Good teaming with you...Yay for 0 - 10!
Swen: I almost got knocked out of the tournament by somebody who doesn't even play anymore...Nice...
N2K7: I made you pick up Kirby...My Bowser is too much for a Jiggs to handle!...Then the Kirby wrecked me. XD

Man, I wish somebody recorded that 0 - death I got on XIF...

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
1 chops
2 xif
3 me
4 riddle
5 seibrik
5 doodah
7 GM
7 Shin

Shoutouts:
Chops- you 4 stocked me on dreamland....that just wasn't neccessary.....good ****
Xif- fun set, yay for both of us suiciding in a match. Very nice ****, beams are so mindgamey.
Riddle- stop complaining about low-tier now plz ^_^
Linguini- MY PIKACHU *****. Your ganon smashed its face ;_;. THIRTH IN TEAMS!!
Soup- ICs<Samus....sry. Told you not to go marth....oh well. Fun set.
GM- fun pool set, seemed like you weren't at your best. I mean c'mon...you lost to seibrik...****ing seibrik......oh well, better luck next time.
Seibrik- You got wrecked by gangsta. you got WRECKED by gangsta. Learn to play peach.
Gangsta- You WRECKED Seibrik, very proud of you man, very proud.
Doodah- fun set, scared me for a sec in that 2nd match, but then my 0-death was too good. Your fox is beast as always, although it seemed faster today. You got the #1 gay kill ever. one shine....one ****ed shine to ledgehog............thats just not fair...
Shin- fun seeing you again, you owned me in pool matches. Lol at Xif having a picture of "you" and having the name horse **** in pools. Then everyone asked "Who the hell is horse ****?"
N2K7- PUFFBALL MASTER!!!! Your kirby is beast, kirbyciding is kinda evil, but its the only thing kirby has to GJ.

Think thats it, fun tournament, there wasn't really anybody bad there. Hope to have another good tourney before brawl.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
good **** to every1 that went and congratz to chops for owning like usual. and xif ur better then ever man. good playin wit u again and hope ur flight went well. stay rapin in GA.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
regardless of CFL not being there, more than 14 S. Floridians should have attended. Now do you see why we went to gigs. 42 entrants on a holiday weekend. with pools. it was too good. CFL has too much support. dang, if only doodahs tourney was still going down. i was so gonna go with the free food and all...peace

-hiroshi

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
regardless of CFL not being there, more than 14 S. Floridians should have attended. Now do you see why we went to gigs. 42 entrants on a holiday weekend. with pools. it was too good. CFL has too much support. dang, if only doodahs tourney was still going down. i was so gonna go with the free food and all...peace

-hiroshi
I had something else posted here that was certainly alot meaner than what I am typing now... But the bottom line is this:

Its dumb to say CFL getting more when the reasoning behind low turnouts is... lack of support, which is no fault of my own but entirely upon those who had the opportunity to come but did not.

And also, that post I quoted, is nothing short of insulting to the effort I put into advertising this tournament, running it, and giving people their money's worth in tournament matches. I made personal phone calls to at least 10 people to get them to come to my tournament. I tried hard to make it work, and I dont want anyone to talk to me as if I am to blame. Talk to the community.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
It's not in any way xif's fault that the attendance was low. It just happened to be on an inconvenient day for most people (including me).

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
so im thinkin people quit hosting tournies....
i mean wats the point?
if all there is to do is go to gigabits every single time, or risk a low turnout, we're stuck.

i mean, if we always go to gigabits, there'll always be a good turnout and big pot and madness and.....

ya, well eff that ****, that drive is possible to happen maybe once every couple months, and so, in between those months, we try to make our own tournies, to which none of the cfl come, they dont go evenly to the amount of gigs they expect us to come to, its not like they'd have to drive anymore to us than we would to them anyway.

and please, just dont give me another car john,
my freakin car broke down on me on my way home from xif's tourny.
and guess wat?
he lives 15 minutes away from me!
15 minutes!
Wanna guess how crappy that car was?
1991, toyota corrolla, and i've never been so proud.

sometimes tournies aren't about the competition itself, but about what your willing to do and go through to get there and do well. i hear talk of north florida's case they get lost alot, that's fine, its couragous. as for cfl, run the risk of something possibly happening to ur car and go to a sfl tourny, not EVERY sfl tourny, but certainly not one every 4 or 5 months. if u run that risk, i think u'll find urself getting alot more from the tourny experience.

Just wondering, wat was the last tourniment a decent amount of cfl peeps came to before linguini's? SUPS?
I can't begin to estimate the amount of tournies i've been to in between the two that had more than 25 people, sfl alone.
Xif's tourny is a poor example of wat comes from the sfl community, seeing as 14 people might be a record low, as far as I know, so with that logic, from now on u should be more willing to come, and heres the funny thing.

IF CFL COMES, THE ATTENDANCE GROWS, WHEN THE ATTENDANCE GROWS, EVEN MORE PEOPLE COME FOR THE BIGGER POT/BETTER COMPETITION

Cfl's pressance will not hinder the attendance in any way, and could only encourage more people from even further away to show up.

I can almost garuntee, if there was a tourny around my area, and the 25+people from the sfl community that always shows up shows up, and cfl does, then those lazy people from the real miami area are likely to come. The effect is really never ending, hope i've cleared up somethings without ranting too much....

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Seibrik is right, but 14 is not our record low. Ranbat 1.2 had I believe between 6-8 people. But to boost attendance, we should all try attracting those useless miami noobs.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
No, what we need to do is live in another state where we could get out of state in an hour driving 60 miles an hour.

Every other state has that luxury(except for Texas, but that ***get DoH is there).

True story.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
To add, Gigabits is once like what...every 2-3 weeks? SFL tournaments have become much rarer since the amount of people has decreased either from getting a job, a beating up from the smash community (Maverick, thank god though) and just the fact that most people never beat lambchops so they are discouraged. But c'mon, CFL has NO EXCUSE to override Gigs with any SFL tournament, especially when XIF and GM were there, once probably for at least 4-5 months, maybe with exception of XIF's birthday coming up soon. If CFL has a "Big" tournament frequently, why dont' you make a not so frequent SFL tournament huge. It was a fun tourny but still, 14 people is a lot less fun than 30+.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
CFL is just a bunch of kids who either goto skool and have thier mommys pay for everything, or they're just a bunch of kids with growing pains and they'll probably grow up to be doctors and lawyers some day.

I want to MM all of CFL.

Unless I'm stoned.

Which I most likely will be ^_^

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
i used to live in florida but some of my friends a-holes not all of them but your right about GA people being nicer its a slower state not as active with people who are nice as hell

Top Bottom