• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS ARE UP!!!---XIF Is Fat (XIF3) Third Clash! A SEFL Event (Nov. 24)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
THE X IF I S F AT TOURNAMENT SERIES!

-----RESULTS!-----

SUPER SPECIAL XIF WILL BE THERE EDITION!!!

----------------------------------------------------
THE DATE IS SATURDAY NOVEMBER 24TH
----------------------------------------------------

The saturday after Thanksgiving

The Story

So I bet you all were thinking "man... this sucks, XIF is gone, and now we dont get to smash at his amazing smasher place of good times.

So me and Linguini get to talking, and we're like.... hey, just because I'm gone, why should my smashfests die too???

So we decided... to hell with XIF, lets do some **** without him!

After many discussions with Linguini and "XIF's Mom" we are all now proud to present the newest craze of the South East Florida tournament scene.

EDIT: This time i'll actually be in town and hosting it myself. I also want this one to be big, which is why i'm putting this thread up on its own and in a month in advance. Come on everyone make it here. THIS MEANS YOU CENTRAL FLORIDA. WE GO TO SCRUB *** GIGABITS ALL THE TIME N00BS

Times and Location

Address:
3678 San Simeon Circle
Weston FL, 33331

Time:
12 PM to 12 AM (NO EARLIER AND NO LATER!!!)

Doubles:
1 PM til 4 PM (Shouldnt be any longer)

Singles:
5 PM til 12 AM

Dodgeball:
12AM til god knows ;)

Pay for all entrance fees when you walk in, door fee is mandatory, and if you so choose, enter doubles at that time as well, so we may expedite the process of the tournament.

House Rules

---HANDS AWAY FROM ALL HOUSE FOOD! NO FOOD WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE HOUSE

---If you do want food, after exiting my neighborhood if you make a right on SouthPost Rd, you'll hit Weston Road after like a quarter or half mile. To the right is a McDonalds, Chipotle, Quiznos, and 7-11 All within a half mile. To the left there is a Wendy's, TacoBell, and Boston Market clustered fairly close about a mile down (Wendy's will show up first) A bit further down there is a BurgerKing next to State Road 84.

---Clean after yourselves please.

---Dont step on my dogs.

---Living Room is the only place necessary to be in. No funny business elsewhere.

Tournament Rules

---XIF DOOR FEES ARE IN EFFECT! (20 dollars to enter the house, 15 goes to the pot.)

---Bring Your Own Controller

---10 dollar per person per team (20 dollar total)

---60-30-10 percentage payout

---DOUBLE ELIMINATION BRACKET, POOLS IF ENOUGH PEOPLE SHOW.

---4 stock 8 minute time limit

---Team Attack ON

---WOBBLING IS ALLOWED UNTIL 400%, anything past is a forfeiture of you're NEXT stock (so you forfeit a 0% stock, or the match if you lose your stock and end up on your last one after that). This is to prevent match stalling, but not to prevent death from wobbling.

---Double Blind Pick may be called at any time before the first match of a set ONLY

---NEUTRAL STAGES: Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination

---COUNTERPICK STAGES: Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams (Singles only), Yoshi's Story

---Best of three sets for all rounds of the tournament except for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals which will be best of five.

---Stage picking will be first random, then afterwards, as need be, losers will pick stage, winner will pick character, and then loser will pick character

---ORIGINAL DSR WILL BE IN EFFECT (Either party may not pick the same stage on which they LAST WON ON) This means a max of 2 stages not allowed at any time, which also means that in a 3/5, on the 5th match, which ever stage the first person won on can be used by that winner again, since he will already have won on another stage.

---Gentleman's agreement (both parties agreeing on the stage beforehand) will be allowed for the above only within the scope of allowed stages.

Equipment

As of now, i believe my house contains 2 TVs, 2 Gamecubes, a Wii, and 2 Smash copies. So at the least each tournament should try to get 1 TV and 1 Smash copy, and PREFFERABLY MUCH MUCH MORE SINCE THIS ONE I WANT TO BE BIG!

Hosting and Contact

This tournament will be primarily organized by Linguini XIF, with the venue and equipment partly given by XIF's Mom. At these Tournaments, Whatever Linguini XIF says is the final word on any dispute, and XIF's Mom word supercedes all others. But dont worry, it'll all be too good.

For any questions on the tournament contact Linguini XIF

Linguini XIF Cell: 954-624-5519

ATTENDANCE (TWENTY-SEVEN TOTAL):

XIF
Green Mario
Lambcoks
Pasta Boy
McScrough
Nicky.Conundrum
Metroid01 (Jeff's a loser)
Johnny
NBPMike
Shin Chaos
Noucles
Sighrax
Ragnarok
Ragnarok Friend1
Ragnarok Friend 2
Logikz
Honors
Ryusiodo
SLyNKee
Sighrax
Doodah
Artistry
N2K7
Animal Control
Ballistics
DarkShy
Noucles

SET UPS

XIF- 2 TVs, 3 cubes
Linguini- 1 TV, 1 cube
Nick.Riddle- 1 TV, 1 cube
McScruff- 1 TV

FIVE FULL SETUPS

Green_Mario

Smash Journeyman
If green mario attends the tournament, then it will be a blast.
green mario is going to attend the tournament.
P then Q
P
therefore its gonna be a blast

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Don't mind the double-post. Maybe you should change the date, since Gigs is on the same day?

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
All of CFL and all of the useless miami smashers should come to this. Especially for the miami smashers, gas is not a valid john.

EDIT: xif: make setups and attendance lists to keep track of who's coming and who's bringing what.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Dguy and Angry Lobster express much desire to attend this tournament. However the drivers from our crew have no desire to drive so far. If anyone of the Orlando guys happens to have room in their car for Ness and M2, that would be excellent.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, im interested. im actually more willing lately to travel farther for tournaments. i was honestly going to go to smashbash if i had atleast 2 other people supporting with gas, but no one was there to help and that was failure, CFL should make some car poolong plans early. im a possible CFL driver to this, but its a cramped 2 door and my a/c is f'ed up. also, since WATO will probably go if they have a ride, they have priority over everybody else for a spot in the car. who else from CFL is willing to drive?...peace

-hiroshi

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Don't mind the double-post. Maybe you should change the date, since Gigs is on the same day?
my only reason to host this on that day is because it'll be the only saturday i'll actually be in town for a long while, and hosting a tournament is the easiest way to not only get some smash going but also to get my friends over.

I'll edit the first post with set ups and attendance.

EDIT: McScruff, can you bring a set up? or at the very least a TV cause I have a cube that doesnt have a TV.

LoGikZ

Smash Journeyman
WHATS UP CHUMBAIT.... ill prolly go but theres no way in hell im paying 20 dollars just to step foot in your house... its scary of a thought when i used to smash with you in your house for free in fresh nubfree air......
if i do go i have a tv and cube.....but doubt it unless we can work something out

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll come to this thing know doubt, I try to bring two others aolng to, and one more question any housing being offered for this. Because I need it more than a crackhead need crack.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I can offer housing myself the day of the tournament. But you do realize that this is in south florida and NOT georgia?
Oh sh@t, I thought it would be Ga, but since the tourney is so far of from now I think I can still come. If you don't mind.

Top Bottom