• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Return Of Rochester Results 10/24 VIDS ARE UP!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
side bets?

ill put 20$ on mana.
also, he doesnt main CF. Didnt you see him post saying he mains fox? im pretty sure that was on the first page of this thread...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Inui Accepts a match with a falcon for easy money but turns down a challenge? hmmm!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
how come you didnt go to Seasons Beatings? a bunch of no names and Alphazelot
I was busy winning teams in MD/VA as usual, lol.

I saw more than just AZ there. Looked like a decently stacked event.

Inui Accepts a match with a falcon for easy money but turns down a challenge? hmmm!
Yup, I ain't fightin' no Fox. I don't care what anyone says. It's an instant loss for me.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Well, first off, thanks to Jessie for letting us use his apartment and Goggles for TO-ing. Things ran ( I won't say smoothly) but I still had a blast. The Western New York scene just gets cooler the more tournies I attend. Just a general shout out (no pun intended) to everyone that I played in friendlies in case I can't put a name to faces.

Good **** to the brawl fellows that are randomly still rusty/amazing at melee. Much respect for playing both because you'll never find me doing that, lol. SF to Melee is enough of a mind beating.

JesiahTEG - Why are you so ****ing good? Lol, you're marth is so fun to watch and play against. I think now I hate playing either your sheik or falco the most. Thanks for talking mad **** for me during doubles ( because I probably wouldn't have said anything on my own lol ) and for giving me a good samaritan match in our set ( Falcon v. Peach .... I'm supposed to be good at that match up but it still was hard lol ).

KOJ - I can tell you've been practicing steadily for a long time. You're solid with so many characters and know so much random **** about melee, it amazes me. Your fox is no joke, either. I'm going to have to step my peach game up if I'm going to beat you in a singles match.

PikaPika - I think after our friendlies set, I lost all of my self esteem. Good ****. You're Sheik is going to give me bad dreams for a while. And wtf with all that rest edge-guarding with puff. How the **** do you time that? After playing your pikachu I see that I need to work on that match-up, too. I didn't realize he was such a **** counter to peach.

ManaLord - It's always fun playing against you man. Thanks so much for the fox and falcon tips. I'm glad I was able to enlighten you with my peach knowledge. I will definitely be working on my stage return against fox and just the match up overall ( be on the look out for umbrella stage spikes on recovery, lol. )

Goggles - As I stated earlier, thanks for TO-ing. Congrats on beating my team in doubles, no johns. That will just add to the massive amount of beef we have to cook in our next match. Luckily we got to play a few friendlies that weekend.

Beta - good **** on melee singles, man. I can't say I'm surprised though. You definitely play a solid Sheik and Fox overall and that's what it takes. Hopefully we'll get to play more some time.

PinPoint - Holy ****. I wish my peach was as good as 5 AM ROB'S Peach. 5 AM ROB's Peach is and forever will be the ****. I don't think he can be beaten. We'll definitely have to have a bunch more turnip off's when we meet again and **** with the percentages of bombs/stitches/beam swords pulled. Lord knows we got a lot after the tournie ended.
Also, good stuff in teams, man. I'll have to be more careful next time.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i will keep this civil.

i went falcon and fox in this tournament. i went falcon for PRIDE against a FALCO that i consider my rival. i won the first match of the set, i've beaten him in past sets and he's beaten me in past sets, but i respect him enough to give him the awesomeness of the mana lord every single time.

i've got pride and respect. stuff you obviously don't. taking an offer against my falcon for a hundred bucks when you play sheik... then back out? yeah i'd **** the ****ing **** out of you with fox

$270 falcon v sheik MM at revival of melee 2

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Is the next Taste of Buffalo really going to be number five? Wow, too good.

Also, I will probably be infracting moderating posts that are trolling or off-topic, so please do not feed the trolls.

YES THAT MEANS YOU

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
and foy i love you dude.

i'll also beat inui with love, on top of pride and respect

edit: sorry shiri i didn't see your post, i was talking to foy tho so it's okay.

i just want to say that i think it should be fair to see if inui accepts the MM or not

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
$270 falcon v sheik MM at revival of melee 2

wow! rofl, what a randomly random amount of money to challenge for.
:yoshi: Is the next Taste of Buffalo really going to be number five? Wow, too good.
ATOB 4 sonny!

slight error/oversight I guess...
btw. do we have a date for ATOB4? or a thread?

Also, I will probably be infracting moderating posts that are trolling or off-topic, so please do not feed the trolls.

YES THAT MEANS YOU

hmmm... if there was any thread that I would have thought you would have allowed people to troll on, it would have been this one.

And why werent you here?

also, huge thanks to the people that attempted to understand the crazy effort I put into throwing this.

Foy

Smash Champion
and foy i love you dude.

i'll also beat inui with love, on top of pride and respect

edit: sorry shiri i didn't see your post, i was talking to foy tho so it's okay.

i just want to say that i think it should be fair to see if inui accepts the MM or not
YES! Ill be coming to the next event hopefully and making you all weep.
ROM2? Ill money match Inui's sheik vs my kirby for $20 neutrals only.

Get at me.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
i will keep this civil.

i went falcon and fox in this tournament. i went falcon for PRIDE against a FALCO that i consider my rival. i won the first match of the set, i've beaten him in past sets and he's beaten me in past sets, but i respect him enough to give him the awesomeness of the mana lord every single time.
Yay! I have a rival!

EDIT: You are the only Falcon that will ever give me the business.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i'll probably come to one of these soon and **** you guys all up badly, as per my usual western-ny **** routine

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah for melee, but i also did it for brawl like a year ago!

:p

time doesnt matter.

also if I come i can mm jesse for our large $$ 5:1 MM i think we had right?? :)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Trust me you don't want to do that for Melee Johnathan. Let's just do 20 bucks. Also, I miss you and I owe you Denny's.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
nah i want to do it. 20 if i win, 100 if you win. i agreed to it, no johns. TML yeah that'll be tight. 20:100 also? or 5:50??

when will the next one of these with some melee be? greg and i will come like old times

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Thats a good question. if you want to help run it , you can make it whenever you want.

i was thinking like the first week in december or something like that. also, there SS2 in jan, and AToB4 going on sometime soon i believe...

i wont be here for thanksgiving, and Im pretty sure attendance will be severely diminished if we do it during christmas, since about a third of the attendance came from the local college.

aunrelated note. for the record, most of the winners made between 20 and 60 bucks, jesse made 112. anyone who told me that we should have a venue fee to use jesses apartment can blow me.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the love everyone. ^^

I think someone got me sick though. Greg seems to be coming down with something as well. This sucks, I'm like pissed off now, because I don't wanna be sick.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
idk theres probably going to be a thanksgiving fest because i was thinking of going to jesse's for my five day break and just play all the time. hopefully other people will come out to play us =)

and there's a big tournament (it's going to be big, there's tons of time to let people know) in january in syracuse

edit: sickness is lame. don't come to places sick people =(

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
a unrelated note. for the record, most of the winners made between 20 and 60 bucks, jesse made 112. anyone who told me that we should have a venue fee to use jesses apartment can blow me.
We could have charged more though. I would have liked to make more money. Just sayin'

-KoJ

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
We could have charged more though. I would have liked to make more money. Just sayin'

-KoJ
Dude, tell Jesse or da K.I.D to make a rule next time: "If you show up sick, you get F****** punched", and no, it's not Falcon punched, I'm talking politely taken outside and turned into a man kind.

Btw, wish I wasn't high so I could be a little more consistent with my powershields during our match. :p Falco's really intimidating to me still, in case you can't tell. Good matches though.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Judging from TEG's little pep rally. I thought we were gonna try to get together and make this a weekly event and make this community stomp balls. I know that is probably not realistic (the weekly part) but I thought we could do better than bi-monthlies. December, really? I know I'm not the one going through the trouble of making the arrangements or hosting or anything like that ,but 1 Rochester smash fest every 6 to 7 weeks is'nt going to create any kind of renowned community you know what I mean.
BTW fun tourney
TEG, It's pretty awesome that you let about 60 random people in your apartment, all for the love o' some smash.

Erkekjetter

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to:

Jesiah- Nice job letting like 30 people smash at your house for a whole **** day. Thanks for the melee advice and good **** winning grand finals.

KID- Not bad for your first time TOing. Always fun to watch you play/trashtalk

Rob- You were ****** at 6 AM, good ****. You're also the luckiest son of a ***** in the world. Seriously, whose **** do I gotta suck to get some of that stitchface luck?? =D

Cura- We gotta play some melee, so great to find another Syracuse person who plays!

Everyone I played friendlies with- Thanks for some good matches and putting up with my scrubness, I'm tryin' to get better!

Anyone I missed- Everyone was really cool, had a ton of fun with everyone.

Can't wait for the next tourney!

Shiri

Smash Chump
when will the next one of these with some melee be? greg and i will come like old times
:yoshi: Jon Wood! <3

Come back with Mr. Regulation! <3

I wanna play you guys in teams again.

ANDIGOTYOUINBRAWLTHISTIMELITTLEMISTER

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Dude, tell Jesse or da K.I.D to make a rule next time: "If you show up sick, you get F****** punched", and no, it's not Falcon punched, I'm talking politely taken outside and turned into a man kind.

Btw, wish I wasn't high so I could be a little more consistent with my powershields during our match. :p Falco's really intimidating to me still, in case you can't tell. Good matches though.
Playing you was a lot of fun dude. I know we got at each others throats after Buffalo, but I'm willing to lay that aside because you are chill and funny.

I know that is probably not realistic (the weekly part) but I thought we could do better than bi-monthlies. December, really?
The problem is, ROM is next month, so a lot of us will be prepping for that, and it will be hard to find a free weekend now for it. With Jesse not there, I doubt he would let people not going to ROM use his apartment for a tournament he won't be crushing.

Top Bottom